Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for E. Dube > Reviews

Browse

E. Dube's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Dube RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the Kodak ZX1 Mini HD Camcorder, June 12, 2009
I bought this case based on the other reviews that it fit the Creative Labs Vado HD Pocket Camcorder. While I don't own the Vado, I do own the Kodak ZX1 Mini HD Camcorder.

The fit for the ZX1 is excellent. It's only slightly wider than the ZX1 which is nice since it provides room for the carrying strap which hangs off the side.

This is a very nice sturdy case. Much better than the drawstring bag that comes with the ZX1 and well worth the money.

The zipper system works well, and there's even room inside for a cable and memory cards if needed.

Highly recommended.

Tajima CNV-100SP Convoy Super Rotary Caulk Gun with Auto Flow Stop, Extra-Long 10-1/2-Inch Barrel and 1/10-Gallon Capacity
Price: $22.49
17 used & new from $16.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my last caulk gun!, June 12, 2009
I've been renovating a fairly large house for many years, and I've found over the years that caulk is one of my best friend for fixing mistakes and filling gaps left over from previous shoddy work. (Sad, but true unfortunately.)

In the time that I started the work and up until now, I've gone through a number of "home center" bought caulk guns. The cheap stamped/bent sheet-metal just doesn't hold up with the stresses of continued use. After bending my last one recently (right at the handle), I decided based on a review I read in Fine Homebuilding to give the Tajima CNV-100SP a try.

Even after reading some of the less than warm reviews on Amazon, I went ahead and purchased it anyway expecting the worse and thinking anything has to be better than the cheap caulk guns I've used in the past.

All I can say is that after using it a number of times, I'm amazed at how well this works!

In the past, caulking has been a two man job for me. I apply the caulk then I quickly hand the caulk gun over to my wife to have her put her finger over the end so the caulk doesn't fly out all over the place while I smooth it out with my finger. Then I do it all over again until the job is finished usually wasting a ton of caulk since the gun doesn't auto-release the pressure on the tube after you let go of the handle.

With the Tajima, it does exactly what it says - when you release the handle you can just put the gun down without the fear of caulking coming out of the tip. I was worried about this after reading one of the reviews that it wouldn't work, but I'm happy to report it that it works perfectly!

The rubber cover handle is comfortable to use for long periods of time, and the trigger mechanism is very powerful. It doesn't require a lot of effort to squeeze. It's a bit heavier than the cheap kind, but it wasn't too heavy to tire you out while using it. Personally, I welcome the extra weight since I doubt the handle mechanism will be breaking anytime soon (which is a common failure point for cheap guns.)

You can also use the extra long caulk tubes in this gun since it has an extended barrel. Caulk tube insertion and removal is also a breeze. Finally, there's a long pin to poke a hole in the caulk tube end to start the flow.

This caulk gun has everything and it's extremely well designed. I can't recommend this enough. Do yourself a favor and buy this gun if you do a lot of caulking.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 10:59 AM PDT

Flashpoint Replacement NB-7L Battery for Powershot G10 &G11
Flashpoint Replacement NB-7L Battery for Powershot G10 &G11
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $3.25
5 used & new from $3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger capacity than stated - actual is 1500mAh 7.4V, June 12, 2009
I agree with the other reviewers that the battery is every bit as good as the OEM Canon battery or better. Even the battery life seems to last a bit longer than the original Canon battery that came with my camera. My original NB-7L has a stated capacity of 1050mAh and this battery is spec'd at 1500mAh, so it's no surprise to me that it seems to be lasting longer.

It fits in the camera without any issues (I honestly can't tell the batteries apart other than the printing on the case) and likewise it charges using the original OEM Canon charger.

I would definitely recommend this battery. The best part is you end up saving a lot of money over the Canon branded battery.