Profile for BumbleB > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 744

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BumbleB RSS Feed (NW USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Remington D3190A Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer, Purple
Remington D3190A Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer, Purple
Price: $19.96
10 used & new from $17.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Results for a Reasonable Price, July 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have dry, very curly (3b) down to my mid-back. I usually air dry but it can take 24 hours plus for the hair underneath to dry. I used the diffuser and the high fan setting and lower heat setting and it dried with lots of curl and thoroughly in 20 minutes. I love the cool blast to set the cuticle and reduce frizz. You still need hair products to keep the curl and reduce frizz between wash and dry. I'm not sure how is dryer can improve damage, but I plan to update this review after a few weeks. I can't wait to use it when I straighten my hair to cool and set the style. Excellent!!

Suave Gold Professionals Oil Spray, Moroccan, 6.5 Ounce
Suave Gold Professionals Oil Spray, Moroccan, 6.5 Ounce
Offered by TNDiscounts
Price: $11.16
5 used & new from $7.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Rubs in easily, but fragrance is somewhat strong, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a huge fan of argan oil my naturally curly hair and love the smell of the products I buy for it. This oil spray has some argan oil and sprays on in a thick line (not a fine spray), but rubs in really. I like the fragrance, which is student than the argan oil hair products I use, however it's a bit strong for my taste. I don't feel like I need to wash it off, it's noticeable though....so much that I considered not spraying my arms after a bedtime shower, so I don't have to smell it all night. I would describe it as a spicy floral scent that's pleasant. If you have a SO or co worker that's sensitive to smells, this might be a problem. Otherwise, I like it a lot as a lotion I can apply easily.

SteelSeries Siberia P300 Comfortable Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $94.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall gaming headset that's lightweight, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, three of us put this SteelSeries Siberia headset through it's paces against a Turtle Beach Ear Force, a Corsair Vengeance and a previous, but similar, Steel Series headset. Overall, the results were the P300 was comparable to the revious Steel Series and we liked it but it lacked the sound quality and ear comfort of the Corsair and to some extent the Turtle Beach headsets.

It's definitely light weight although it fit snugger over the head than the other headsets. The light weight made it comfortable to wear for hours and the cushions fit tight to the ear so it blocked sound well. One teen liked that the mic on/off is on the actual headset instead of on the wire (less fiddly and straightforward to turn on or off). I miss a volume control like on the Old Steel Series model we own. I use a headset for work all day just listening to audio and I like having another volume control in addition to the screen control and my laptop volume control.

The sound quality itself is good, and the compact mic works great. All in all, we liked it.

Dove Advanced Hair Series Ultra Nourishing Conditioner, Quench Absolute 8.45 oz
Dove Advanced Hair Series Ultra Nourishing Conditioner, Quench Absolute 8.45 oz
Price: $4.49
16 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Left my dry 3B natural curly hair softer and silkier!, July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price and not being a professional level brand I wasn't sure the Dove conditioner would do more than any other conditioner. But I am happy to say that it's great. I have extra dry, 3B natural curly hair, and this product left my hair softer and noticeably smooth. I'm eager to try the rest of the line for even better results.

Kenwood KMC010 Chef, Silver
Kenwood KMC010 Chef, Silver
Price: $599.99
3 used & new from $485.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cook's Workhorse and a Baker's Dream, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have owned the most popular stand mixer in the US for 20 years, and I never imagined I would prefer another brand over KitchenAid. I used my KitchenAid and attachments heavily as an avid cook and baker, but I am over the moon in love with this Kenwood mixer!

First of all, it's sleek and shiny and has a lower profile, which is necessary to use the included attachments with this bundle. Mine sits on the baking center below some cabinets and I don't have to move it to use the food processor or blender on top. I love the modern look (maybe it's not quite as cool as the retro KA mixers) and so far it cleans up well. Some points:

* The bowl is slightly larger than the competition and comes with handles (great!). It's very easy to secure on and off the base. I haven't had any problems "wrenching" it off the base (unlike my old mixer). There's also a bowl cover included.
* The mixing attachments are much more substantial and solid steel. I easily get them on and off and it's easy to see where to fit them in and turn to secure to the mixer. I HIGHLY recommend you use the adjustment wrench (Included) and read the instructions in order to get them to work best while mixing and to minimize scraping.
* Keep the instruction booklets for the blender and food processor attachments as you may need to disassemble them for washing and it's not 100% intuitive on how to put the parts back together.
* The Kenwood pamphlet included in the box has a 20% off coupon to order additional attachments from Kenwood (a better deal than just buying on Amazon).

I LOVE: Everything I do with this mixer only requires one finger (I'm not kidding) -- just a light touch. Turning it on, moving up the dial, raising the top, lowering the top, using the quick pulse. One finger only! I don't have to man-handle the top or hold it up or stop to unlock and release it. I so appreciate this detail because I have two hands free 99.9% of the time so I can manage the ingredients and recipe. The power does make a difference. I whipped a batch of heavy cream effortlessly and not a spatter on the bowl cover even at a higher speed. Large batches of cookie dough -- no problem. When I go days or a week or so without using the Kenwood, it still surprises me how wonderful it is to use and so effortless.

The attachments I would describe as above average, and easy to use. I have a KitchenAid blender (stand alone) and it works equally well,but I prefer to have the Kenwood handy for less footprint. The food processor works as expected and is easy to disassemble and clean. The mini-chopper attachments are my next purchase and I'm trying to figure out if the veggie peeler attachment available for the UK version will work on this one. That would be awesome.

Some Tips: Again, adjust the mixer attachments in the bowl using the wrench for optimum results. Also be careful using the bowl cover. It's made specifically to fit in the slots on the head of the mixer, but if it's off at all, you may crack or break the plastic. I already have a small hairline crack after only a couple days' use. I also found the cover slips off a bit too easily despite having the slots to hold it. Still love the Kenwood so much, I will forgive this problem.

The KitchenAid I have is still in great shape and will continue on to work for more years (Unlike the more current versions which have lower quality parts, as I have heard), but Kenwood has as good a reputation in the UK as a mixer that families use for generations. I sure hope so.

Belkin Air Protect Always-On Sleeve 14" for Chromebooks and Laptops, Designed for School and Classroom
Price: Click here to see our price
31 used & new from $30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality and Weighs Just Over a Pound, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lightweight, semi-solid computer sleeve that is well-made and handy for a backpack. My son loves this already -- esp. the feature to attach the computer screen to the case so when you open the top of sleeve, the computer turns on (Chromebook). I weighed the cover and it's only 1 pound and 5 ounces-- basically just over one pound. You won't add alot of weight to your bag or backpack, although you'll need to carry the plug/wire, mouse etc separately.

Nature's Truth Aromatherapy Pure Unscented Base Oil, Sweet Almond, 4 Fluid Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality almond oil with absolutely no fragrance, July 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
An excellent oil as a carrier, with absolutely no almond odor/fragrance at all. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin. I tested it with some Citrus Blossom extract and soon I smelled like an orange tree --wow. It definitely worked even after taking a shower I could still smell faint citrus blossom. Awesome in small doses but not too much. I plan to use this also to make bath bombs with some essential oils. Good stuff.

Dissent and the Supreme Court: Its Role in the Court's History and the Nation's Constitutional Dialogue
by Melvin I. Urofsky
Price: $24.92

5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Topic for Lay People as well as Those Schooled in Law, July 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I never thought in my life that I would be interested in this topic of the Supreme Court and Dissent, but I think in light of recent events and the role of the Supreme Court decisions in the Obama Administration, I knew I needed to learn more. This is a long, detailed book and so I've been reading small sections at a time so I can focus on Mr. Urofsky's thorough discourse without distraction.

In particular, I found his overview of each Supreme Court Justices and dissents very good and informative. The opening to Chapter 12 "CODA" includes some harsh criticism of the Supreme Court and its members stated (surprisingly) by the very same Members in their dissents. Antonin Scalia's dissent in the recent Court decisions on Same Sex Marriage received a lot of attention in the press, and Chief Justice John Roberts' dissent led to a Montana man to file for a marriage license to his second wife as he felt the Justice's comments on plural marriage rights encouraging.

I have no direct comments about the results of this Supreme Court decision and dissents, but reading this book at the time all these historical decisions were at the forefront was very helpful and interesting to say the least. We as American citizens SHOULD endeavor and make an effort to understand aspects of all branches of our government and how they work beyond what we've long forgotten in HS American Government class.

Avery Big Tab Pocket Insertable Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07708)
Avery Big Tab Pocket Insertable Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07708)
Price: $10.91
4 used & new from $4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Pricey, but Will Hold Up, July 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am constantly looking for ways to organize notebooks and folders.These will work great for my 5-ring binders (I use them to organize my recipes printed offline). Although my older son is already eyeing them for fall (despite the flashy geometrics). I like these since the hole punches will hold up vs manila or cardstock versions. My only complaint is the price. I think $3.22 each is high for this type of item, esp. being plastic.

Kenwood AT312 Kenwood Citrus Press, Silver
Kenwood AT312 Kenwood Citrus Press, Silver
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, slick way to juice any citrus! Recommend!, July 6, 2015
Until now I used a small manual juicer and couldn't imagine this Kenwood juicer being much better -- but it is wonderful. I juiced a bag of fresh lemons in minutes and the results were fast and thorough (see pics). The rinds were clean as a whistle and I got a good amount of juice from about 6 medium lemons. The metal tray kept the seeds out perfectly and the whole set-up is in three easy-to-assemble and rinse/clean pieces. It's great for juicing a bunch of oranges or grapefruit, too. For those who need to juice other fruits/veggies this isn't the right product, but it is excellent for citrus.

NOTE: Kenwood provided me with a complimentary citrus press for my honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink