Profile for BumbleB Media > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 750

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BumbleB Media RSS Feed (Montana)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
Price: $79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for very naturally curly hair, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had high hopes for this product as a quick and easy way to tame my naturally curly hair -- 3b curly spirally type. It's coarse, dry and thick with lots of curls and spirals. To be fair, I never use curling irons and never use brushes which tangle in my hair, but I thought since this has a heated brush plus flat iron it could work. FYI, I started with clean, air-dried hair with all the curl.

What I liked:

*Actually the only thing was that I could open the flat iron center, clamp it down on a section, then roll my hair slightly around the brush moving downward to create LONG spirals -- like banana curls. Except I couldn't figure out what to do with them. As they fell out, my hair looked mostly straight but slightly frizzy toward the lower half. :/
*No problems with the brush tangling in my hair. I was careful to not wrap it too much or too tightly.

What didn't work for me:

*It took 3-5 minutes to warm up the styler. Probably comparable to a curling iron, but alot longer than my straightener.
*The flat iron won't fit flush to my head, so there was an inch+ of wave left near the scalp. That doesn't look right when the rest of the hair is straighter.
*I did many passes with the flat iron -- it didn't seem hot enough even on high-- and I didn't have frizz-free straight hair that I expect.
*There's no place to grab or hold the iron for a tighter grip to straighten. I realize it has hot areas, but the flat iron didn't feel "tight" to my hair.
*There's only a low/high setting option, and the plug doesn't come with a safety plug, the one that says "test" and "reset." My Sedu Ionic Pro flat iron has temperature settings and a safety plug to avoid disaster in water (called " GFCIs: Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters").

Someone with straight, wavy or slightly curly hair may really love this product as a styler, But for frizz-free or straightening, I would look at an ionic straightener with more chops. After I tried the InStyler, I got out my Sedu and it heated right up and I got straight, flat hair much easier and faster.

Now Designs Basketweave Teatowel, Royal, Set of 3
Now Designs Basketweave Teatowel, Royal, Set of 3
Price: $14.85
2 used & new from $14.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice woven cotton towels that should hold up, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Note: this review is for a newly opened package of towels.

Came folded and wrapped nicely in bi-lingual French/English packaging,but clearly marked "Made in China." The size is nice, large enough (16" x 25") and can be folded neatly in thirds or half -- however you prefer. The basketweave is a medium to heavy texture in the white areas and a fine weave in the blue stripes. The towels have a rolled and sewn edge about 2/8" - 3/8" thick--so no ragged edges over time.

These are 100% cotton although the initial absorbancy pre-washing is good, it probably isn't as good until after a few washings. Seems like the fiber was treated but does not have a strong smell or obvious change in texture. I fully expect these towels to shrink and change shape after washing (I wash in warm and dry on high).

OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
OXO Good Grips Butter Dish, White/Clear
Price: $16.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Practical for Everyday -- plus handy measurements, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With so many butter dishes out there, what is special about the OXO Grips? I'd been just using one of my Fiestaware bread plates, but they get so greasy and I don't want to break one accidentally. I also have a butter bell but that's another story.

Pros:
Simple, clean look and holds _1_ stick of butter (standard size).
Rubberized bottom that really grips the countertop (mine are concrete) -- no annoying sliding when using.
The base is marked by the TBSP so you can measure off butter for recipes.
Cleans up great in the top rack of the diswasher

Cons:
I wish there were other marks for 1/4 and 1/2 cup measurements too.
To measure you have to line up the butter correctly for accurate (semi-accurate) results.

It's functional and practical -- what an everyday butter dish should be.

Cons:

Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105 15.6-Inch Laptop( Intel Dual Core Celeron Processor N2820, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD-SuperMulti drive, Windows 8.1)
Offered by best tech for you
Price: $281.85
102 used & new from $262.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic overall laptop, August 16, 2014
I bought this laptop for my HS age son to use as he heads towards graduation and college. He doesn't need a super powerful computer -- just something for email, word, Internet and that can handle watching Youtube. He also wanted to bring the laptop with him to school or the library so I opted for a lower price machine -- in case he drops it or forgets it in class (and we never see it again).

It fits the bill for now. The only real complaint we both have are the flat keys on the keyboard that are less tactile and easier to mistype. The screen is significantly duller and less sharp than my HP desktop (All in One) PC, which has a bright colorful screen that handles HD video nicely. But for the price, it's not bad.

Office 365 Personal 1yr Subscription Key Card
Office 365 Personal 1yr Subscription Key Card
Offered by Tax Free Tech
Price: $47.95
43 used & new from $47.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Only 1 PC license so get the Home License instead if you have more than one PC/Mac, August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Every year I debate whether to buy a disk or continue with the online subscription, but in the end I like the convenience of having Office 365 as I use Word (and sometimes Powerpoint and Excel) so often in my work. This Subscription however, only offers 1 license for a PC and one for a tablet (but I find using MS Word awkward on my tablet-- I prefer a computer for that).

Now that my son has a new laptop, it would be better to get the Home version with up to 5 licenses for PC for $65, everything else being about the same. If you are a teacher or student, you can get a really good discount on Office and that's the route I would take if I could!

Learn to Program with Minecraft Plugins: Create Flying Creepers and Flaming Cows in Java (The Pragmatic Programmers)
by Andy Hunt
Price: $18.04
46 used & new from $15.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, budget-friendly way to start into coding for Minecraft, August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My middle school age son's been playing minecraft since 4th grade and he's now at the point he wants to make his own mods and plugins. I didn't know where to turn to help him, and the online classes I found are pretty pricey (one for making custom mods is around $200). We talked about him learning to code for Minecraft using Java and this book seems to fit the bill.

We're both REALLY excited and after scanning the book, I'm sure that I can help him and at least oversee what he's doing in order to create plugins. He's been begging to get a server (and I kept saying no) but I feel better reading the recommendations Mr. Hunt includes--plus I have some understanding on what's required.

My son also looked through the book and the only issue he found was the author's description of mods wasn't accurate. Mr. Hunt described mods as what should be termed "skins" that change the look of the game. Mods actually create not only visuals but also AI's and other modifications to the game. This book teaches how to do a plugin -- a much more specific piece of play in a minecraft game (not a total modification).

We need to get started, but so far this is a book we can recommend to parents and kids.

Panasonic FV-CSVK1 Whisper Select-Plug and Play Condensation Sensor Module, Green
Price: $54.16
7 used & new from $49.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Small module that must be used with Panasonic Whisper Select Fan (FV-05-11VKL1), August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This sensor is specifically designed to work with the Panasonic FV-05-11VKL1 Whisper Select Fan/Light, Green. It's actually a small module that snaps into place in one of three slots inside the Whisper Select Fan (I uploaded a picture under Customer Images for this product).

You cannot use this sensor as a standalone as other reviewers pointed out. It's actually small; the product image doesn't give an accurate feel of sale. For a comparison, I uploaded an image of the sensor next to a penny for scale (see Customer Images)

This sensor can be set to will low speed and automatically switch to high speed when it detects moisture in the air. You can also connect a power switch to turn the fan on/off or toggle between low/high speeds.

Note: This review is based on unboxing the Sensor. I have a specific project planned to use this, but it's not underway yet. I will update at that time.

Panasonic FV-05-11VKL1 Whisper Select Fan/Light, Green
Panasonic FV-05-11VKL1 Whisper Select Fan/Light, Green
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $230.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Fan with several optional modules to customize -- Needs to be Hard-wired in and not "plug and play", July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This fan isn't especially nice looking--straight-forward and functional-- and it's a bit large, but with the extra modules available, it's versatile and seems ideal for a commercial or business bathroom. The main factor is that this unit isn't "plug and play" for installation (as in having a /cord/plug ready to connect for power). As with most bathroom ceiling fans, this unit must be "hard-wired" into electrical in the ceiling, so if you don't do electrical or aren't handy (like me) with these things, you may need to hire someone for installation.

:: For a look at the fan unboxed, I posted images under "Customer Images" on the right of the product's page ::

The instructions say it takes four wires for the fan and 2 wires for the light installation. Also, this unit requires a 3-way switch to operate: 1 for power on/off, one for the light and one for low/high speed for the fan. This configuration depends, however, on the extra modules that you can add-on (those are an additional purchase). For instance I have the condensation module, and it can be set to run on low constantly, then turn onto high speed when it detects condensation (steam, moisture) in the air automatically--no need to flip a switch. So read through the instructions to be sure you have the right switch and configuration.

My handyman said for someone who has done a ceiling fan installation before, this isn't a particularly difficult one. But for a novice, this may be too much to install.

Please note: I have the fan set aside for a specific project that isn't underway, so this review is based on an unboxing and going over the installation instructions -- and my handyman's professional opinion as well.

Basecamp Double Burner Angle Iron Camping Stove, Black
Basecamp Double Burner Angle Iron Camping Stove, Black
Price: $52.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, practical stove, just use common sense for safety., July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I plan to use this camping stove not just for camping but also to cook ashore when boating and if we need some burners to heat/warm some side dishes up for a BBQ without having to be stuck in a hot kitchen. The stove is basic and no frills, but as some reviewers pointed out, this is not designed to use inside anywhere (like a camper or boat). It does exactly what you need it to do.

The legs are short and the surface you place the stove on can get hot, so do not use it on a surface that could burn (like a picnic table) or with paper or leaves underneath the stove that could catch on fire.

One reviewer complained about a bad connection. As a precaution, I recommend that you make a soap and water solution and put it in a spray bottle. Then spray the solution at the connection point. If it bubbles, you know you have a leak and need to adjust or tighten the connection.

Once you keep basic safety in mind, this stove is really handy and convenient.

Note: I was provided with a regulator and connector for free in order to review this product.

StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks, 4.5 fl oz.
Price: $139.00
3 used & new from $139.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good moisturizer, No real results on wrinkles for the short term, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've wanted to use Strivectin for a long time after seeing it in Costco and ads in magazines. I normally use a daily regimen and moisturizing from Mary Kay, and have also used moisturizers from L'Oreal Skin Genesis, Jouer (Tinted moisturizer which I LOVE), Burt's Bees, Gio Pelle "Hydrosilk" and a couple more.

It's only been two weeks, so I would like to update this at a later date, but here's what I have noticed so far:

1. It goes on thinly, so I only use a small drop to cover most of my face.
2. The direction say to avoid the eye area, and that's where most of my wrinkles/problem areas are, so I did apply under the eye with no adverse reaction.
3. It's a bit greasy feeling and leaves a shine on my face--which is OK as I have dryish combination skin. For someone with oily or real combination skin, the sheen may be a problem until it soaks in (if it does for you).
4. The scent is pleasant, not too strong but not 100% odorless.
5. 4.5 ounces is actually a good size bottle and I have barely put a dent in the contents.

As for the wrinkles, I honestly think it's too short a time span to notice a big change. I like the moisturizing effect, esp. under foundation, but I do not see an impact on wrinkles. I have not tried this product on stretch marks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20