Profile for BumbleB Media > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 746

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BumbleB Media RSS Feed (Montana)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Basecamp Double Burner Angle Iron Camping Stove, Black
Basecamp Double Burner Angle Iron Camping Stove, Black
Price: $55.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, practical stove, just use common sense for safety., July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I plan to use this camping stove not just for camping but also to cook ashore when boating and if we need some burners to heat/warm some side dishes up for a BBQ without having to be stuck in a hot kitchen. The stove is basic and no frills, but as some reviewers pointed out, this is not designed to use inside anywhere (like a camper or boat). It does exactly what you need it to do.

The legs are short and the surface you place the stove on can get hot, so do not use it on a surface that could burn (like a picnic table) or with paper or leaves underneath the stove that could catch on fire.

One reviewer complained about a bad connection. As a precaution, I recommend that you make a soap and water solution and put it in a spray bottle. Then spray the solution at the connection point. If it bubbles, you know you have a leak and need to adjust or tighten the connection.

Once you keep basic safety in mind, this stove is really handy and convenient.

Note: I was provided with a regulator and connector for free in order to review this product.

StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks, 4.5 fl oz.
Price: $139.00
3 used & new from $139.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good moisturizer, No real results on wrinkles for the short term, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've wanted to use Strivectin for a long time after seeing it in Costco and ads in magazines. I normally use a daily regimen and moisturizing from Mary Kay, and have also used moisturizers from L'Oreal Skin Genesis, Jouer (Tinted moisturizer which I LOVE), Burt's Bees, Gio Pelle "Hydrosilk" and a couple more.

It's only been two weeks, so I would like to update this at a later date, but here's what I have noticed so far:

1. It goes on thinly, so I only use a small drop to cover most of my face.
2. The direction say to avoid the eye area, and that's where most of my wrinkles/problem areas are, so I did apply under the eye with no adverse reaction.
3. It's a bit greasy feeling and leaves a shine on my face--which is OK as I have dryish combination skin. For someone with oily or real combination skin, the sheen may be a problem until it soaks in (if it does for you).
4. The scent is pleasant, not too strong but not 100% odorless.
5. 4.5 ounces is actually a good size bottle and I have barely put a dent in the contents.

As for the wrinkles, I honestly think it's too short a time span to notice a big change. I like the moisturizing effect, esp. under foundation, but I do not see an impact on wrinkles. I have not tried this product on stretch marks.

Fekkai Essential Shea Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Essential Shea Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Price: $14.26
23 used & new from $10.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Shampoo, similar to Salon Shampoo in texture and smell, but not seeing major impact., July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have natural curly, coarse textured hair that tends to be dry. I like products made with shea because I can really use the moisturizing, even though it may be heavy for some hair types. Normally I use Pantene or Organix Morrocan oil or Brazilian Keratin shampoos. I have never used Fekkai brand hair care before so I looked forward to trying it.

The shampoo is a nice texture and I didn't require a lot to shampoo -- maybe about a quarter sized dollop for my hair that is mid-back length and thick.

I usually shampoo twice on the scalp, and I found the smell and feel similar to a salon shampoo. It smells nice -- a lot like you'd expect at a salon--not to strong but pleasant.

Because I am only using the shampoo and not a shampoo/conditioner combo, I found that while my hair was clean, I didn't notice any extra conditioning or softness in the texture. I just air dry, no dryers or other hair tools, and it's not better than the products I normally use, so far after 2 weeks use.

Meguiar's M4966 Complete Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration Kit
Meguiar's M4966 Complete Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration Kit
Price: $43.63
2 used & new from $34.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and results -- We used a buffer to save on alot of time and hard work by hand., July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Meguiar's has a good name for a reason, but I wanted to do a trial run using this kit on our Fiberglass boat which had oxidation and also needed a good polish. This kit isn't the cheapest product available however, after seeing results and trying it by hand and using a buffer, it's worth it.

Pros:

Goes on easily, and you CAN remove oxidation and polish by hand. However, be prepared for a lot of work and exertion. It will do the job however.

With a buffer, the process goes well and is relatively fast.

The results are noticeable (maybe even dramatic for some finishes). It's only been a couple weeks so I can't say how long the shine will last (and no trial in the water yet!) but so far it's still good.

Cons:

If you have a whole boat/rv, it's a lot of work to apply all 3 (de-oxidize, polish, wax) by hand.
With a buffer, you may want to get more than one pad -- one for each product.
We needed to by 2 more bottles of de-oxidizer to do the whole boat. This isn't enough product for a
big project.

All in all, I'm very happy. Check out the before and after pics I loaded to Customer Photos for this kit.

Primula Today Shake and Infuse Pitcher, 3-Quart, Red
Primula Today Shake and Infuse Pitcher, 3-Quart, Red
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $11.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy pitcher, but may not fit in older fridge, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the idea of infusing water with fruit or refreshing veggie/herb combinations. This pitcher is well-made and holds a good amount of liquid even with the central infuser inserted. I tried lemon water and also a cucumber water made from sliced fresh cucumber (wish I had some mint to add as well).

I found the water was mildly flavored with 2/3 water and about 1/2 full infuser. There seems to be plenty of room to add quite a bit of fruit etc. I can fit about 3+ lemons chopped up for one pitcher. The pitcher comes with basic instructions for making some water combinations as well as one sangria recipe as well.

The downside of this pitcher is that it's tall and I could barely fit it on my door shelf (as suggested) because I have an old fridge that's 20 years old. Newer fridges have a better and more flexible design to accommodate large containers. I couldn't use it at all on the inside shelf where I normally store juice containers or a gallon of milk.

Note: I recommend you save the instruction sheet. I put the pitcher away before using it and had difficulty getting the center out to fill it until I checked the instructions again. It's not 100% intuitive to figure out how to open, remove and replace the infuser.

Tea Beyond FLS-3SET-BLF2100 12-Pack Fab Flowering Blooms Tea
Tea Beyond FLS-3SET-BLF2100 12-Pack Fab Flowering Blooms Tea
Price: $15.00
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Tea Flowers with Mild Flavor, July 10, 2014
Length:: 1:24 Mins

Note: The video shows the "Forever Love" flower tea bud unfolding in a Butterfly Tea Pot. I used water just below boiling and it took about 1 1/2 minutes for the flower to unfold.

I drink tea afternoon into the evening and was looking forward to some quiet refreshing minutes watching the tea as it brewed and unfolded. The flower is very pretty and filled the teapot (see video). This particular tea has a mild jasmine flavor with a bit of citrus (lemony) finish.

The packaging is very professional and pretty, and will not disappoint if you want to send some tea as a gift.

Note: Tea Beyond sent me the tea complimentary for an honest review.

Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Pink Butterfly 710ml 24oz with Tea Warmer Cozy
Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Pink Butterfly 710ml 24oz with Tea Warmer Cozy
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Precious Teapot with Simple to Use Warmer, July 10, 2014
Length:: 1:24 Mins

I drink cups and cups of tea daily and was looking for a teapot that could keep the tea warmer until I was ready for a fresh cup. I loved the look of this teapot and was pleasantly surprised to see a beautifully wrapped and presented package with neat plastic wrapping and a sparkly fabric bow when I opened the shipping box. If you are considering this teapot as a gift, be confident that it will make it a good impression on the recipient.

The teapot looks very much like the picture--feminine, clean lines, very pretty. It's well made, although the glass is not thick or heavy, so I do not think this teapot is appropriate for children as it may break if bumped or dropped. I was concerned about the lid falling off and breaking, but Tea Beyond has excellent advice and tips on their website, including instructions on how to use a ribbon to secure the lid to the teapot handle so it will stay together and prevent the lid from accidentally falling.

The warmer is simple and straight forward. It only requires a tea light to warm the tea, which you can buy anywhere.

I made a short video showing one of Tea Beyond's lovely tea flower buds opening inside the teapot. The teapot also comes with a glass strainer for loose tea brewing, but it's not necessary for the flower teas. I used water just under boiling and the magic unfolded in about 1 1/2 minutes. This particular tea bud from Tea Beyond had a pleasant, lightly-flavored jasmine taste with a citrusy finish. Enjoy!

Please note: I was received a complimentary Butterfly Teapot and flower teas to test for this review from Tea Beyond.

Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Teapot -- perfect for gift giving, July 10, 2014
Length:: 1:24 Mins

Note: This review is for the teapot with tea warmerTea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Pink Butterfly 710ml 24oz with Tea Warmer Cozy

The teapot looks very much like the picture. It's well made, although the glass is not super thick or heavy, so I do not think this teapot is appropriate for children as it may break if bumped or dropped. I was concerned about the lid falling off and breaking, but Tea Beyond has excellent advice and tips on their website, including instructions on how to use a ribbon to secure the lid to the teapot handle so it will stay together and prevent the lid from accidentally falling.

I made a short video showing one of Tea Beyond's lovely tea flower buds opening inside the teapot. I used water just under boiling and the magic unfolded in about 1 1/2 minutes. Enjoy!

DII 100-Percent Cotton, Machine Washable, Great Hostess Gift, Chef's Cooking or Baking Acanthus Floral Kitchen Apron with Pockets, Dark Green
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute -- Thinner material but sturdy, June 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The apron looks exactly as pictured in person. I like the 50's housewife look that's a dressy casual vs. a blocky rectangle. The material is not a heavy cotton but a regular 100% cotton fabric you might use for a blouse. I can't comment yet on washing and shrinkage yet, but I will update the review once I put it through the wash.

Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD (HDTQ112XCWF1)
Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD (HDTQ112XCWF1)
Price: $133.08
24 used & new from $122.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not working on any of my devices or laptop, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had high hopes because I wanted to move/store pictures off my device to clear room on the SD card/hard drive on my smartphone and Kindle.

For an android device, you need to download an app called "Wireless SSD" from Google Play. It's not available in Amazon's app store. My smartphone (Google said it was compatible) had a failure to open the app after downloading.

I was able to get the Wireless SSD app on my Kindle using a workaround I know to get apps not in the Amazon app store to load and install.

1. Install an Android disk root app like "Root Explorer." (PS. Go into settings on your Kindle
to allow downloads from sites other than Amazon App Store).
2. Go to 1Mobile Market's website on your Kindle
3. Search for the app you want.
4. Download the app and either install when prompted
5. OR open the root app, go to the downloads folder, look for your app, then
click on it to install.

Works like a charm and is easier than it sounds.

I got it installed on my Kindle and switched to the Toshiba wireless network in wireless setting and followed instructions for access via a password. Unfortunately, once I installed Wireless SDD app, I couldn't get the images from my Kindle (local drive) to move to the Aeromobile. I'll keep trying and it may work yet, but so far my hope to clear my Kindle's drive is out.

I decided to try the Aeromobile on a laptop using a wired USB connection next. Got it connected but the system (Windows) did not recognize the device. So it didn't work on 3 devices. I find it hard to believe this wasn't tested more thoroughly with average users to make sure it would work without problems. Can't recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20