Profile for BumbleB Media > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 762

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BumbleB Media RSS Feed (Montana)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Incipio Standing Folio Pattern Case for Amazon Fire HD 7 (only fits 4th Generation Fire HD 7), Chevron
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $25.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall cover with hands-free viewing, December 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the fourth Kindle cover (and my sixth Kindle!!) I've owned. I loved the cover design, and it feels like a linen-textured cloth. The latest Kindle Fire HD 7 snaps right into the backing with the essential connections, the volume toggle, and openings for the speakers in place. I find holding the front cover open while trying to take pictures awkward esp. since the cover slips around due to the design meant to prop the Kindle up for hands-free viewing. You can open the cover two ways to hold the kindle hands-free, but it only works a specific way. You can't adjust the angle for better viewing.

Stanley Bostitch Personal Heavy Duty Stapler Value Kit, Black (PHD60R)
Stanley Bostitch Personal Heavy Duty Stapler Value Kit, Black (PHD60R)
Price: $26.71
2 used & new from $26.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for big jobs with plenty of staples to keep you going, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't speak for how this stapler will hold up over the long term, but so far it works great. I sometimes need to print off partial manuscripts or long articles for work, and my regular stapler doesn't do the 20-30 pages they claim it'll do. This stapler was easy to load and worked with the first try through 30-40+ pages and I have small hands. It comes with a handy stapler remover and lots of staples that'll last me awhile.

Freshware KT-406 7-in-1 Onion, Vegetable, Fruit and Cheese Chopper with Mandoline Slicer and Storage Lid
Price: $20.68
4 used & new from $18.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Overall Chopper Slicer for the Price, Not a precision kitchen tool, December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This chopper is well-made and designed with interchangeable parts that are easy to mix and match. I like the chopper combined with the box in particular because it makes the chore of chopping onions so much faster and with less tears. I put everything in the dishwasher because I do so much cooking and we eat at home as a family 95% of the time -- and this cleaned (top shelf) in the dishwasher so far with no issues.

I would have gone with 5 stars, but I found the chopper blade squares a bit large and my onion was in larger pieces than I normally prefer (you cannot adjust the size in this case).Perhaps slicing the whole onion a different way would help this problem. Secondly, the mandoline slicer/grater worked fine except the bits of grated cheese came off the front end unless I was careful to position the tool over the bowl just right. I also found the cheese also got caught in the thin/thickness section of the mandoline as I grated, so I had to stop and clean it out.

Overall a good tool for the price, but not a precision tool for those of you who are more technical cooks. If you are interested in a more expensive professional tool, that may work better. For those who are less concerned about precision and more about production, then I recommend the Freshware for sure.

AT-A-GLANCE Meeting/Planner Padfolio, Black (YP218-28)
AT-A-GLANCE Meeting/Planner Padfolio, Black (YP218-28)
Price: $20.44
2 used & new from $20.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, professional style folio, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This portfolio is nice looking, professional in appearance with a supple
material that feels like leather (but isn't). I tried to find what the material is made of but couldn't. I can tell you that the "pleather" folio is lined in plain old cardboard to make it feel sturdier. It has nice top stitching, but the leather material marred easily (although it still looks good overall). The filler is designed for note-taking during meetings where you can list a date write or draw in the graph area and fill in bullet points. I counted approximately 50 tear off sheets that look sharp with the copper rivets at the top. My more run of the mill yellow pad slipped in the folio as an uglier refill. However, I couldn't find an item# or name to refill the pad and At A Glance has over 7000 products on Amazon. Maybe they can add the refill name or number to the description for this "padfolio". There's a built in pocket in the front for loose papers. Overall, it's nice looking but for the price I think a refill pad would've made a nicer package.

Tomcat Kill and Contain Mouse Trap
Tomcat Kill and Contain Mouse Trap
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $7.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and a good design -- a better mouse trap for real, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Excellent option for a mousetrap vs those old style traps. It sets easily with a press, and releases just as easily (to reuse if you want) or just pick it up at the top with no fear of touching a dead mouse. Then throw it away. The trap is light but well made and better than my cat at catching mice!

Extreme Max (5001.5028) Snowmobile and ATV Tow Strap
Extreme Max (5001.5028) Snowmobile and ATV Tow Strap
Price: $17.83
2 used & new from $11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and Quality for Peace of Mind Off Road, December 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For under $20, it seems like a no-brainer to have a set of these tow straps in a box or bag on your ATV or Snowmobile for those situations that come up. This is a great price as the same tow straps are $29.95 on Extreme Max's website as of this writing. The webbing is tightly woven and strong as promised. For someone clearing land or out cutting wood these straps come in handy to drag small logs/trees with an ATV to get the job done faster. The instructions are straightforward and written in both English and French (for our Canadian friends).

Also, ExtremeMax offers a _two-year_ replacement warranty on any defects (and you can't beat that).

AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
Offered by Heart Rate Monitors USA
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars it really is a better water bottle!, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Can they build a better water bottle? Yes they can! My jhs age son had a metal water bottle with screw top, but it got dinged and leaked and spoiled. The avex is terrific. It's well made, the spout makes it worryfree, and my son LOVES the design and glow in the dark. He made a good point that the glow in the dark helps when looking for the bottle in the car under a seat etc. I recommend checking sellers for free or cheaper shipping to get the best deal.

SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use Free-Arm 19-Stitch Sewing Machine
SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use Free-Arm 19-Stitch Sewing Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good everyday machine or as a basic starter, December 7, 2014
Got this machine at a special sale locally. It's basically a student model....a lot like the machines I remember from home ec in junior high. Very easy to thread, fill the bobbin and thread the bobbin. It's not heavy duty, but does everything you need for everyday sewing. I think it's a nice starter machine for the price, esp. for a teen or for occasional projects. I DID hem my Miss Me jeans so the original hem stayed at the bottom (thank you youtube), and it sewed through two layers fine. It handles most everyday projects just fine.

Altra 98296 Rustic TV Stand, Pine
Altra 98296 Rustic TV Stand, Pine

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good on the surface but cheap quality particle board and cheap hardware, December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I knew realistically that this would not be a piece that I could buy in the nice furniture stores in my area for the price,but I'm not sure a TV stand from Kmart would be this bad. The piece does looks pretty good and it's not a bad design when assembled, as you might imagine from the picture. However, this stand's quality is problematic and made of cheap construction and materials.

The stated "Hand finished wood veneers in rustic oak and solid wood legs..." are more like stained, thin veneer over particle board (with the exception of the top). The solid wood legs are there, but they attached to the particle board with another square of particle board. There's a single center leg (aka 1 1/4" dowel) was supposed to be held in place using a single lag into the dowel that threads into an insert set into the particle board. That lasted about five minutes before it came off.

The hardware is cheap: wafer thin washers, screws that bend, plastic inserts to screw to the top (1/2 of them stripped out during installation). A number of the pre-drilled holes came already stripped. I had my handyman carpenter (he's a builder) put it together and still it took over almost three (3) hours from start to finish by the time he dealt with all the problems. There's no way an unhandy person (like myself) could put it together to where it would hold.

It's not often that I give any product 2-stars, but there's no way I can do better on this one, esp. in this economy where $200+ can't go to waste.

Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors with Soft Grip Handles, 8" Straight
Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors with Soft Grip Handles, 8" Straight
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Sharp Scissors....Better than Fiskars, December 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Excellent quality scissors for the price. Nicely sharp with a comfortable grip (right handed). Definitely nicer than the Fiskars I have. Love the 8" size, not too small or too big for most jobs. I'm keeping these away from the kids!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20