Profile for Terrell D. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Terrell D. "901Hustler" RSS Feed (Memphis, TN (M-Town))

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
In My Mind
In My Mind
72 used & new from $0.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally we know whats in his mind, July 25, 2006
This review is from: In My Mind (Audio CD)
Im sorry but some people just don't truly understand this dude talent. Of course this aint no young joc or young jeezy or young whoeva da f**k most people are into nowadays. Pharrell iz on a whole nutha level. He just blends different genders of music together...almost like he's paintin a picture. Another thing i want to point out iz the fact that his rappin has stepped up...he has gone from producer to producer/rapper 4sho. The album to me is exactly what i expected...pharrell being creative wit his beats and his lyrics. Songs that i absolutely luv iz...How Does it Feel, thats the song i play when i first come out da house ready to start my day; You Can Do it To iz a song i really appreciate cuz I also luv to make beats on my computer and by him makin that song he lets people know how his lifestyle changed from back in the day compared to now and that lets me know i have to be patient cause...i can do it too lol. But my fave song on there iz...Best Friend where he talks about bein a kid from virgina without any kinda direction and how his grandma directed him in the path of music...he also talks about how he met Chad in the process and how Chad was there since the beginning. Stuff like dat makes him so different from other artists cause the way i see it i aint always tryin to bang out...i wanna let my car seat back and coast or bring my girl along and put a luv song in her ear that will make her smile. This album offers all dat meaning i aint gotta change my disk out anytime soon cause he got a lil street music, and r&b. But he did miss me on a couple songs like dat song wit nelly...i like it but nelly didn't benefit that song at all, just a bad collabo to me. the otha song iz Angel...im tryin to feel it but its gonna take some time overall u should definitly buy it cause he just got some contagious music im sorry. I been followin him for years...ever since kelis first came out...he still goin strong. I got three words..Buy It Now.

Fishscale
Fishscale
Price: $11.23
100 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The most consistant Wu-Tang rapper...No question, March 29, 2006
This review is from: Fishscale (Audio CD)
I'm sorry but I have to let something b known about Ghostface that a lot of people dont pay attention to....he has not flopped yet. Every CD he puts out delivers in its own right. He has a very unique style that is so different from rappers these days that I love. He makes his cds seem like a short film or somethin which makes Fishscale and his other cds still seem current. But lets talk about Fishscale, I must confess I thought this album wouldnt be that interesting cause if ur a Ghostface fan u know he takes a lil'longer than others to drop an album; like I said some rappers drop "flop" albums and the fact that he didnt flop b4 had me trippin. In fact he even elevates above Pretty Toney. If ur a Wu-Tang fan than u'll be pleased to know that this album is a sigh of relief cause it sounds like old school Wu to me. Of course his first single throws u off a bit but I understand why cause he's tryin to appeal to a broader audience which is cool. Its a mixed bag for the most part but my absolute favorite song has to b "Clipse of Doom" feat. Trife. Man I have been burnin that song out....That s**t is Stove Top hot 4real in fact im listenin to it on my mp3 right now as i'm typin this review. 9 Milli Bros. is a track wit the whole Wu fam includin the late ODB whose verse is way too short but its gravy. Shakey Dog is a good one too, u know Ghostface starts albums off tight anyway though. Fishscale will undoubtly b the sleeper hit record of the year. Ghostface fans cant go without this one in there collection. I know I cant.

The Heart Of Tha Streetz Vol. 2
The Heart Of Tha Streetz Vol. 2
Price: $15.62
55 used & new from $1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Real N***a is an understatment for tha B.G., March 27, 2006
I've been supportin B.G. since the early cash money days(its all on U vol.1 & 2) and it is official, this dude is tha #1 street n***a out there. I'm sorry but u can't name a dude in tha game right now that is more street; Not even T.I., Lil Wayne,Young Jeezy and whoever else U name can f**k wit B.G. street cred wise or keepin it real. He has been on da block start to finish. As far as tha album, I didn't even have 2 finish it to know he dropped another hit record. The thing I love tha most about it is the diversity wit the beats...yea he talks about similar subjects uve heard b4 but the way they did the production makes it kind of cinematic. In other words it makes it feel fresh. Vol.1 was tight too but just sounded like vintage B.G. which is still cool if u love hard rap s**t. I have a feelin people gone sleep on dis album being all caught up in the T.I. buzz. I feel like if u like southern hard s**t or ur a B.G. fan like me than don't hesitate to pick it up...hell buy both T.I. and B.G. either way ur a winner 4sho.

Roll Wit Us
Roll Wit Us
18 used & new from $23.04

1.0 out of 5 stars F**k Naw. Don't quit ur day job., February 12, 2006
This review is from: Roll Wit Us (Audio CD)
That's if u have a job loser. Man I heard tha first song on dis crap and cut my computer off. I had 2 write a review about dis cause dude wrote a review 4 himself about his own s**t! I was actually lookin up remy ma's new album and stombled across dis s**t. U got 2 be da dumbest dude alive Remy. Talkin bout ur cd is tha best hip-hop u ever heard. U need 2 hip-hop ur a$$ off a cliff 4 makin dis s**t. Dummy!

Slum Village
Slum Village
Offered by Speedy CD
Price: $5.84
53 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 1/2 Slum Village is back wit a vengenance, February 12, 2006
This review is from: Slum Village (Audio CD)
I tell u what. They r definitly filling in my Outkast void right now as far as groups go. This album is a certified sleeper hit. I say sleeper hit because I think they don't have a lot of exposure. I recently seen them on a commercial wit that song "Ease Up" in da background. They deserve s**t like dat if u ask me. The game is so backwards today. If u ask me guys like 50cent, juelz, and young jeezy to name a few don't deserve half of their earnings(that's if the game of hip-hop was based on talent). Their cds weren't quality hip-hop but slum village stay true to their roots which is another thing I love. Quality over quantity is what the game should b based on cause I hate to see a group like them not go platinum cause they put out great music. However u like it they delivered on this album. U want bump is on here, u like that laid back pimped type s**t its on here too. Long story short this album should be in ur collection immediatly. Its currently in my disc changer right now. Worth every $. R.I.P J-Dilla

Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
Price: $7.39
79 used & new from $1.23

3.0 out of 5 stars This is R&B: Rap and Bulls**t., February 12, 2006
I feel like 3 stars is being nice. That's how much this guy jeezy stinks to me. Like many artists today they just want radio buzz and club bangers, i wish those guys will stop being sellouts. They see those bank figures and go nuts. The only thing I can understand or tell u about this album is how to cook, cut and sell dope. SO!? Big f***in deal u can sell dope wow. He is beyond typical and every guest appearance he's on he's always talkin about it. R u smokin dat s**t? I'm just sayin main read a book or something so u can have more to talk about. If u buy this album u r buying it just so u can play it in ur car system and bump, at least I hope u r because if u really like dis dude then u have very low standards in hip-hop and rap. I like what that Mad Zapper dude said; they need to focus on Redman who is long overdue and a def-jam vet that to worry bout young jeezy which is a stupid name when I think about it. I'm through talkin now the thought of this dude really gets under my skin. Guys like him are a plague on hip-hop.

There's Something About Remy: Based on True Story
There's Something About Remy: Based on True Story
Price: $11.22
74 used & new from $0.33

4.0 out of 5 stars There's a "Lil" Something About Remy, February 12, 2006
I can't say it wasn't what I was expecting because I didn't know what 2 expect. The album was pretty tight. I wasn't blown away like many others who posted reviews but u can say she is something. On songs like "Guilty" and "Still" I can tell she has some potential to have a solo career. "Conceited" is a stelar single that will probably earn her a rightful spot on the sales charts but one could only hope because in my opinion the terror squad are on tha rocks right now. Lean back was the last real buzz from them and considering the fact that Fat Joe's Album "All or Nothing" had dissapointing sales (it didn't even go gold and don't get me wrong I like fat joe and got that album but....Damn) I think she might need to find another crew or label 4 that matter. All in all it was a nice album but she simply ain't stackin up to Lil' Kim's "The Naked Truth", not even close. By tha way if u don't have that album, forget everything I just said in this review and buy that one first. Guaranteed fire 4real.

This Week
This Week
Price: $16.22
47 used & new from $0.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Suprised, January 11, 2006
This review is from: This Week (Audio CD)
To tell u tha truth, I have know idea where this girl came from or anything like that. I just recall her guest appearing on talib kweli's new sucka free mixtape album and remembered that she had talent so I had no idea until today that she has been droppin solo efforts(underground of course). All I can say is that this girl deserves a record deal quick. She is like a female Nas to me and the reason why I said that is because when she raps, it sounds like poetry in motion and dats what I'm talkin bout; this is true hip-hop to me. She can tell a personal story so well it seems like ur in her shoes as the song goes on. I thank Talib for making me discover such a talented female emcee. She is right up there wit lil' kim and foxy brown no question. Don't believe me? Just go and get it 4 urself and u'll see.

God's Son
God's Son
Offered by Black-Friday
Price: $8.99
96 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another tight entry from Nas, January 9, 2006
This review is from: God's Son (Audio CD)
What else is their to say about Nas? The man's lyrical skill is one of a kind. Their are few artists and I mean few who can drop albums which r different in their own right. That's what separate Nas from a lot of other artists. I get so sick of people saying that he fell off since illmatic. Even the editors on this site said tha same crap. Those editors and whoever think that need to get a grip. It ain't about making another illmatic cause that chapter is done. Being consistant is whats important which is why he is still in tha game today(Unlike Jay-Z who pretty much ran out of sh*t to say). Another thing I can say about Nas is he been an independent artist his whole career without a crew or group to roll wit. He don't need a group like g-unit to stay in tha game. Being the last real ni**a alive is an understatment for Nas and any Nas fan wouldn't tell u any different. I give it 4 stars out of 5 by tha way.

Nastradamus
Nastradamus
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $17.45
81 used & new from $0.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nas worst CD but He still delivers quality lyrics, January 8, 2006
This review is from: Nastradamus (Audio CD)
Ok. It is Nas worst cd, but he still has some hits on dis joint. I look at some reviews and wonder if some of those people even heard this cd? I see it like this, every mc who puts out solo efforts is gonna have a cd that doesn't stack up to his or her other albums(Eminem:Encore,Jay-Z:Blueprint 2 to name a few).In Nas case I still think this cd is acceptable. I think its those people who judged this album based it on one song;the song he did with ginuwine. I didn't really like that song but as soon as I heard the rest of tha album I got over it. At least all his albums are different in their own right so I can't knock him for tryin somethin new, besides he came back super hard with stillmatic and shut everybody up. Yes its his worst cd but compared to other mc's "flop" albums he still gets it done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3