Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Joe > Reviews

Browse

Joe's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe "Joe" RSS Feed (Silver Spring, MD)

Page: 1 | 2
Epson XP-310 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
19 used & new from $72.00

4.0 out of 5 stars but the best news is that installation was automatic and painless on ..., May 7, 2015
The printer has worked flawlessly, but the best news is that installation was automatic and painless on my Linux (Fedora) system. For the price I couldn't ask for more.

OXO SteeL Can Opener
OXO SteeL Can Opener
Price: $18.99
20 used & new from $17.50

4.0 out of 5 stars and seems incredibly sturdy. Only the test of time will determine if ..., May 7, 2015
This review is from: OXO SteeL Can Opener (Kitchen)
Works perfectly, and seems incredibly sturdy compared to the standard can opener. Time is the final test, but I expect this can opener to last far longer than what I've come to expect.

Panasonic ErgoFit Best in Class In-Ear Earbuds Headphones with Mic/Controller RP-TCM125-K (Black) iPhone, Android Compatible
Price: $11.70
119 used & new from $11.70

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good verging on amazing, March 12, 2015
I was surprised at the sound quality - and since I'm particular about my music, that should mean something. It's good verging on amazing, especially at the price.

Omron HJ-321 Tri-Axis Alvita Pedometer, Black
Omron HJ-321 Tri-Axis Alvita Pedometer, Black
Price: $17.99
112 used & new from $16.49

4.0 out of 5 stars but this is easily the best pedometer I've ever owned, March 12, 2015
I've had a few, but this is easily the best pedometer I've ever owned. My single qualm is that the clip seem a bit too tight - it's tough to get on. But even so, that tells me it's secure. You won't lose this pedometer because it fell off your belt!

Esky® PCI 300Mbps 300M 802.11b/g/n Wireless WiFi Card Adapter with 2 Antenna for Desktop PC

4.0 out of 5 stars I was pleased to see a disk provided with the wireless -n ..., March 12, 2015
I had an early qualm: I run a linux system and that means finding the appropriate drivers is not automatic and often not guaranteed. I was pleased to see a disk provided with the wireless -n pci card and linux drivers clearly delineated. However, I was a bit dismayed that the instructions seemed to reference a much older Linux Kernel than the one I was using. Would it work?

You bet it did. On Fedora, his was as "plug-'n-play" as it gets. I went from maxing out at 1M bps using my old "g" card to 10M just like that. Money well spent.

Panasonic ErgoFit Best in Class In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-K (Black) Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, No Mic,iPhone, Android Compatible
Price: $7.88
167 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Surprise, September 16, 2013
I knew the price was great, but I didn't expect the sound quality. I saw a review that said the base was missing. That's nonsense, or perhaps the bud was not sitting in his ear correctly. I won't say the base in overwhelming, but then again, it shouldn't be. I am hearing instead a perfectly balanced sound that hides nothing. In fact, I'm hearing things I missed before in music with which I'm very familiar (and the effect is like having a whole new collection, or like discovering music all over again). I can't recommend this one enough.

Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey Season 2 (Original U.K. Edition)
Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey Season 2 (Original U.K. Edition)
DVD ~ Maggie Smith
86 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, September 16, 2013
The first three seasons live up to all the hype and then some. I'm not particularly a fan of period pieces, but this one has been great.

HP 02 Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan & Light Magenta Original Ink Cartridges, 5 pack (CC604FN)
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $69.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, September 16, 2013
Honestly, I'm not sure about the quality of the ink. If you touch the page with a hint of moisture on your fingers, the ink *will* run.
But that's on HP. Assuming that you're locked into the choice (like I am) then the deal for the 5-pack on-line is a good one.

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player, White With Full-Color Display, MicroSDHC Card Slot and Stopwatch- SDMX22-004G-A57W
2 used & new from $79.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player, November 22, 2011
My needs were simple; I wanted an MP3 player for my running addiction that could be loaded and play music back in an order that *I* specify from a Linux operating system (Fedora). Is that too much to ask? Apparently in a world (still) dominated by Windows and Mac OS, it is. The iPOD line (from the shuffle on up to the Touch) fails in both regards, or at least refuses to allow you to add music from Linux apps once you use iTunes. I wouldn't mind having that at a reasonable price either.

But not completely. The Sansa Clip trivially and transparently lets me add music in album and playlist order - it's a simple drag-and-drop operation. Playback is easy enough - the screen interface is small, but rich. The sound quality through my previously purchased (Sony) earbuds is as good as you could want.

And 4 gigs of memory seems huge after living with 2 gigs for so long. That, of course, is just the beginning - the memory expansion card will give me 16 gig more, should I ever need it. Oh - and now I have FM radio, too.

Jogging is once again a joy.

I'd give this item 5 stars, but it's too early to tell if the device is rugged and will stand up to 5 mile jogs 3 times a week. I'll give it a tentative 4 for now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2011 5:19 AM PST

Chuck: Season 1
Chuck: Season 1
DVD ~ Zachary Levi
Offered by k-gear
Price: $9.88
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Show on TV, May 23, 2009
This review is from: Chuck: Season 1 (DVD)
I'm not working for NBC or WB, but this will sound like it. Chuck is the best show on TV and if you don't have this DVD, GET IT! If you have one already, buy another and give one away. It's that good.

Seriously, amazingly witty dialog, great action and a wonderful romance. You can't go wrong with that.

Page: 1 | 2