Profile for Skylark-Torch > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Skylark-Torch "-Skylark" RSS Feed (North Carolina, East of Raleigh)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Extra Long 6 Foot (6ft) iPhone / iPod USB Charge and Sync Cable, Double the Length of the Standard Cord
Offered by NO.1 Good SHOP
Price: $2.62
27 used & new from $1.95

1.0 out of 5 stars The Wonderful Non-Charging Charger, January 11, 2015
Pros:
Low price
Long length

Cons:
Doesn't work at all.
Breaks apart within a week.
If you contact the seller about a defective item, they expect you to ship it back to them on your dime.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Wi-Fi, February 2, 2014
I've always lived in a relatively small house, with no piping or other obvious barriers to hinder a wifi signal. Regardless of this fact, some sources on the internet try to tell you that wifi just isn't worth using. This would be false.
I use this card on two computers in my house. Of these two, both are always capable of going online and doing rightly as they please to do, with no connection lag. I also have a host of other wifi-hungry devices; frankly the thing that seems to be giving us any trouble at all is the router! (We've always had bad luck with routers, deciding to stop working entirely. A bad thing, yeah.)

But look, look. Here's something really cool. When I bought the first one of these wifi cards, I used it for a while then gave it to my mom so she could have reliable access because she uses her computer for work. Then I bought another one for myself; and it was jittery! It would drop connection for no good reason, when other things were working fine. I contacted Amazon about it, and they were extremely helpful in replacing the product; I didn't even have to spend a dime on shipping!

DLO HipCase Folio for Zune HD (Black)
DLO HipCase Folio for Zune HD (Black)
Offered by Golden Exp
Price: $10.85
2 used & new from $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, December 16, 2013
I got tired of sticking my Zune HD in my pocket with other random items. Also, a big hiccup was the audio cable bending and becoming loose because of pressure applied when I move around with it all connected in my pocket.

This case solves both problems, and works great! The buttons and data ports are easily available within the case, and I've not had trouble with the Zune falling out under normal, or above-average use. However, if I'm somersaulting around, the case has a chance of flying off of my belt because it doesn't have a secure loop, just a clip. Even when this happens, the Zune is still securely in the case.
(Yes, I somersault around sometimes. Particularly when I'm at the park playing frisbee.)

The quality of the case is nothing to get overly excited about, as I've had a few stitches coming loose form day one, but even after my heavy use and abuse it's still solid and I have no worries of anything falling apart.

It also features a pocket on the inside which is suited quite well to holding a credit card, key, or a slip of paper. I have no worries that putting slim items into this pocket will damage the screen in any way. The material bordering the screen of the Zune is thick enough that the pocket --located on the inside flap-- does not touch or rub the screen at all-- just don't overfill it!

Li-polymer Replacement 6000mAh HSTNH-I29C HSTNH-F29C-S 635574-001 649649-001 Battery for HP Touchpad FB356UT Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly for several months!, December 16, 2013
I purchased this to 'unbrick' my HP TouchPad tablet. It's working perfectly so far and I've been using it heavily for several months. The charge lasts about a day and a half under my normal, consistent, use so I charge it up when I go to bed at night. If I leave the tablet in standby and don't use it, the charge lasts about three days, if not more.

Acase Premium Leather Slimline Carrying Case for Apple iPad and HP TouchPad (Black)
Offered by Digital Media Source
Price: $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than nothing, and good for the price., December 16, 2013
I was looking for a simple and cheap case to protect my HP TouchPad from fingerprints and dust, as all it is, really, is a fingerprint magnet. This leather case fits the quota rather well, and for a very reasonable price.

At the time of my purchase, this case costed $7.25, and seemed to stand out versus the more expensive competition and the lower priced products as well. I'm happy I got it in the end, it's rugged and does its simple job very well. The tablet never falls out, and the case has held up well so far against my constant use-- or misuse, as you may call it.

I've taken some pictures to reflect the only drawbacks, these being as how the elastic straps cover the power and volume buttons. Otherwise, the speakers, 3.5MM audio jack, and charging USB port are all exposed. There is only one way that makes sense in putting the HP TouchPad into this case, and it's the way that I did it. If you were to rotate the tablet by 180 degrees, the audio connection would be covered by the elastic strap and the power button would be blocked by the leather part of the case.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TurtleBeach Z6A Xbox Cable Kit TB450-2215-01
TurtleBeach Z6A Xbox Cable Kit TB450-2215-01
Offered by JADD ENTERTAINMENT
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Product, December 16, 2013
I bought these cables at a higher price, hoping that I'd never have to deal with them wiggling and making strange noise like most cheaper cables do.

It was money well spent! None of the cables have failed, more than a year later, and I've never had an incident that has made me second-guess any of their connections. I am definitely glad I bought this product. Each part here is of a high quality composition and I've continued using them for other things, as this set has outlived the headset I originally bought them for!

That's right, my Z6A broke, and the replacement did, too, but these cables are sitting strong and taking the abuse as I continue to use them for all my random devices.

Motorola Defy XT British Blue Police Box Cover Case
Motorola Defy XT British Blue Police Box Cover Case
Offered by TrekGear
Price: $7.94

4.0 out of 5 stars A good "Flashy" case, August 27, 2013
I got this case because I like Dr. Who and I thought it'd be really neat to flash my own phone box around. The price is really great compared to some others random cases I've seen, but it's not the cheapest. I've had no serious problem with it in roughly one month of use. I have dropped my phone onto a solid floor maybe three times while it was in this case, and while the case would break free of the phone, no damage had come to either my case or the phone.

Pro - -
- This plastic molded case fits snugly around the phone, as it was custom fit for this model. (Motorola Defy-XT)
- The image quality on the case is very satisfactory.
- It protects my phone; as a shock absorber when I drop it.
- every button or port I may want toaccess can easily be done so with the case on.

Con - -
- The picture was painted on, and is already chipping off for me.
- There is no overly simple way of removing the case. (I like to access my battery and SD card.)

That is all.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts + Viva Pinata (Platinum Family Hits)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts + Viva Pinata (Platinum Family Hits)
Offered by Mat-Su Media
Price: $37.99
53 used & new from $9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Banjo-Kazooie Nuts&Bolts (Great game!), August 18, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
In this game you play as our favorite bear and bird duo; running around "Showdown Town" to jump into other worlds and fight bosses, defeat obstacles, and win races. You have to obtain special parts to construct nifty vehicles for the purpose of completing these tasks. This game is very fun for single player experiences, but the multiplayer is very simple and not very enjoyable.

Really, it's a great game to have in your collection. I would wholeheartedly recommend it for folks of all ages.

D-Link Systems DIR-835 Wireless N750 Dual-Band Router
D-Link Systems DIR-835 Wireless N750 Dual-Band Router
Price: $79.39
11 used & new from $60.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A promising product, don't take it at face value., August 18, 2013
I purchased this D-Link DIR-835 from my local Office Depot roughly one year ago. For several weeks, the router worked perfectly fine; snappy connections, no dropping, great signal. Then about three weeks into it the wifi signal would begin to drop and I was getting "IP conflict" errors on my client computers. I enabled a MAC address filter on the device which fixed the problem for several months.

The next problem I faced, several months later, has steadily been getting worse and it is now to the point that I am faced with buying a new router. This problem is such that the wired internet connection will remain in proper working order, but wifi will cease transmitting connection signals. To be clear, wifi devices can connect to the router and get no internet while wired devices are connected fine with internet. This is temporarily fixed by resetting the router, but usually goes out soon thereafter.

I have both called and emailed D-Link support and I have yet to speak to a living person because they didn't bother replying to my email, and their phone system asks for credit card information before I can even speak to them.

If D-Link had taken the time to address my problem, perhaps there would be some hope for them in my eyes. However, this is not the case. As such I am forever malevolent to all D-Link products from this day forward.

-A very unhappy customer.

CrazyOnDigital LCD Full Range FM Transmitter and Charger for Microsoft Zune HD
CrazyOnDigital LCD Full Range FM Transmitter and Charger for Microsoft Zune HD

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent radio transmitter., May 9, 2013
I got this intending to how in the car and play my songs straight from my Zune and over the car speakers. However, a few things stood in the way:

Cons:
1. The signal this transmitter puts out is painstakingly low, and is completely messed up by the slightest interference. 2. The 3.5mm M to M cable that came with it was short, and it broke within a month of use. 3. The remote does not fully function, and the buttons on the device its-self seem "backwards" in thinking and aren't very simple to use. 4. The external cable leading from the power plug chafed its-self and has exposed copper wiring.

Pros: 1. The adjustable braces can securely hold many larger devices, even other than Zunes. 2. The audio input is purely from the 3.5mm jack and can be fed a source from most common devices. 3. The adjustable power plug makes it more convenient to plug in and to use in a wide array of vehicles.

Note, the transmitter has a built in charging cable for ZUNE and displays the selected radio station on a blue backlit screen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4