Profile for D. Bodington > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Bodington RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Transcend aXeRam 4 GB - 2GB x 2 - DDR3 Desktop DIMM 2400 MHz(PC3-19200) Dual Channel Gaming RAM Kit TX2400KLU-4GK
Offered by Hot Deals 4 Less
Price: $78.97
12 used & new from $78.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away!, August 7, 2014
Worst RAM I have ever had.

I run 4 of these units, 8gb, but I've gone through 16gb of units trying to get RAM that works at the advertized setting. I've had 3 of 8 sticks fail memtests.

In the end, I just underclocked them and gave up.

Victorio VKP1024 Deluxe Hand Operated Grain Mill
Victorio VKP1024 Deluxe Hand Operated Grain Mill
Price: $78.56
9 used & new from $78.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mill, Great Company, August 7, 2014
Good mill for grinding my wheat berries into flour, even better service from Victorio.

I bought this used through Amazon, it arrived with a damaged shaft. I almost returned it, but contacted Victorio first. Even though I had no warranty, they sent me a replacement burr and shaft for free!

Battlefield 4 Premium Service  [Online Game Code]
Battlefield 4 Premium Service [Online Game Code]
Price: $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Key "code has already been used.", February 20, 2014
I bought this on the 15th, and as soon as I went to redeem it, I see: "This code has already been used." I contacted Amazon, which was unhelpful. They told me to contact EA, which I did four days ago, and I have not received a response. The product is probably fine, but if you buy it here you are taking a chance that you'll have to wait and jump through hoops for (5 days so far).

Update: Today, 02/20/2014 I contacted amazon and demanded a refund (for a second time), and they gave it to me:

"As per your request, I've made a one-time exception and issued a refund." As if they were doing me a favor by putting me through this...

Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB SATA 2.5-Inch SATA III Solid State Drive (CSSD-F120GBGT-BK)
Offered by Goodios
Price: $122.82
28 used & new from $65.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing Fast SSD, January 27, 2013
This is my first SSD, and I will never go back to HDDs except for mass storage.
I think my next SSD will be another one of these, I am really impressed by it.

With this in the homebuilt computer that I use for computational research, everything works fast.
Any program opens in seconds, the computer boots fast, and it gets a 7.9 Windows Experience rating.

Buy this SSD.

Lalvin Wine Yeast 71B 1122 Yeast 10 Packs (Strange Brew Home-Brew)
Lalvin Wine Yeast 71B 1122 Yeast 10 Packs (Strange Brew Home-Brew)
Offered by Winemakers Depot
Price: $6.65
4 used & new from $3.11

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 27, 2013
I used this yeast to make some hard apple cider.

I ruined the batch, but it was my own fault and I'll be using this yeast for my next attempt as well.

10 packets will last me a very long time, so you may want to buy in individual packets if you can find them at a price that makes sense.

The 10 pack is a pretty good deal.

Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6 Student and Teacher Edition [Old Version]
Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6 Student and Teacher Edition [Old Version]

5.0 out of 5 stars If you qualify, this is a great deal., January 27, 2013
I struggled along for years with photoshop elements and various plugins trying to match the capabilities of the Creative Suite.

CS6 is so much better. I can't begin to list the helpful features it has, but once you figure out where every tool is, and adjust the settings to your preferences, editing images is a breeze. It can be a struggle to pick up, but with if you can find someone to show you the tools relevant to your project, it doesn't have to be.

Just make sure you qualify before you buy this though. Apparently it is a huge pain to return.

Norpro 18 Inch Magnetic Knife Tool Bar
Norpro 18 Inch Magnetic Knife Tool Bar
Price: $17.51
27 used & new from $10.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife Holder, January 27, 2013
This thing works just as you expect it would.

The magnets hold knives firmly, it's easy to screw into the wall, and it looks fairly modern and elegant.

If you need one, get this one.

Dynomighty Men's The Blank Mighty Wallet - Super Thin Lightweight Tyvek Billfold
Price: $13.15
11 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool for a while, January 27, 2013
Definitely a cool concept, but my wallet didn't hold up very well.

It didn't fall apart, but it did start "pilling" almost like a fleece jacket would.
Some of the fibers started loosening and started collecting pocket lint so that the wallet stopped looking good pretty quickly.

As cool as white is, you're probably better off with a colored wallet.

Sun's Tea (TM) 9 oz Strong Double Wall Manhattan Style old-fashioned Scotch/Whiskey Glasses, Set of 2
Offered by Sun's Tea
Price: $21.99
3 used & new from $14.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Look Nice and Are Functional, January 27, 2013
These are neat glasses.

I'm a fan of the double walled glass construction.

My only complaint is that one of mine has an irregular lip.
It's no big deal, but gives the impression that these aren't the fanciest glasses (which they aren't).

Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair
Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair
Offered by Parts Express
Price: $39.80
7 used & new from $35.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value, but they don't sound good., January 27, 2013
The only thing I would use these speakers for is quiet background music.

For the price (don't pay the full $50), you get their functionality, but after you factor in the cost of a small amp, you might as well just buy a cheap 2.1 system that sounds better.

PROS
Cheap
They work

CONS
Ear fatiguing
Boomy/muddy bass
Harsh high frequencies

I don't like listening to these speakers, but if I weren't paying attention they would be ok.

I'm planning on dissecting them, adding some braces inside, adding more acoustic damping material, and maybe replacing the drivers or crossover. Hopefully I can get these sounding decent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3