Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Thomas C. Murray > Reviews

Browse

Thomas C. Murray's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas C. Murray RSS Feed

Modern abstract painting Green bamboo decorative paintings canvas art of three pieces(no frame)
Offered by YancyMarketInc
Price: $15.00
3 used & new from $15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A little off, but not bad., November 3, 2014
They don't look quite as crisp as they're depicted in the item photo.

That may be because they're not actually 50x50 cm.
I measured mine at 22inx22in or 55.8x55.8 cm

I'll frame and post close-ups later.

Atlas Shrugged
Atlas Shrugged
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looters = Bad. Free Market = Good, October 20, 2014
This review is from: Atlas Shrugged (Kindle Edition)
If libertarian-ism was a railroad spike, John Galt's speech would have driven it through the rail, into the earth's crust, through the core of the earth, and out the other side of the planet and into outer space to find the first horse that ever died and beat it across the face.

I get it, Rand. Looters = Bad. Free Market = Good.

I got it the other 100 times you more subtly mentioned it, too. Honestly, John's speech could easily be condensed to the following: "The loudspeaker blared with the careful, calculated words of John Galt. His voice paralyzed listeners with a calm, calculated cadence. Dagny drew her hand up over her mouth to hide a growing smile that lit across her face like the hint of calf at a puritanical gathering. Each word struck against hardened minds like flint, sparking light for the first time. Hours must have passed, but all at once John's voice faded and only a frozen silence buzzed in the hallows of the studio."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2014 2:37 PM PST

NEEWER® Blue 2 Layer Punk Belt Men Leather Bracelet Wristband Cuff Bangle Gift
NEEWER® Blue 2 Layer Punk Belt Men Leather Bracelet Wristband Cuff Bangle Gift

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at., November 16, 2013
The face of it is pretty enough.. but the material against your skin? Might as well be sandpaper. I'm not sure what kind of dying process they used, but the leather is really coarse on the "untreated" side. Not pleasant to wear. I'm thinking of taking a power sander to it and see if I can't soften it up.

Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk
Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk
Price: $98.49
15 used & new from $80.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Sturdy., November 16, 2013
Best thing I've blind-ordered in a while.

The setup instructions contain 6 steps, but I'll summarize for you:

Step 1: Unfold base
Step 2: Connect top of desk to base.

Yes, it literally has two parts. No nails. No screws. Just drop the top down and click two bolts from left to right and you're done. Seriously the easiest thing I've put together in my adult life.

Anyway: if I had to come up with a con, I'd say the edges of the desktop are a little sharper than I like. I tend to lean my arms against the desk and it sort of feels like a dull plastic knife is poking me. But I'm seriously looking for a fault, here.

Nintendo 3DS Hand Grip
Nintendo 3DS Hand Grip
Price: $8.76
76 used & new from $8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Price. Right Fit., September 14, 2013
The only reason I don't play my DS that much is due to hand cramping and pain.
This takes that excuse away (for good or for ill =P)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Belt w/ Bad Sizing Chart, June 21, 2012
Belt is actually made of leather (not just a leather covering on compressed felt like some generic belts).
Seems like it will hold up pretty well, but I'm disappointed in the sizing selection.
I have a 34 waist and figured the 33-35 would work perfectly. While it does fit my waist, there isn't a lot of wiggle room. Meaning: the sizing works if you're talking about the first 2 holes on the very tip of the the belt.
If, like me, you prefer having an extra tail on your belt, go one size larger.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2013 8:11 PM PDT

Chaos -CTR Chinook Micro Fleece Balaclava, Black, Large/X-Large
Chaos -CTR Chinook Micro Fleece Balaclava, Black, Large/X-Large
Offered by Xcess Limited
Price: $6.54
13 used & new from $2.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, November 3, 2011
I needed something for the wintertime, as my motorcycle helmet is designed to be pretty breathable for desert weather.
This works perfectly. I did get a little fogging on my glasses (prescription) under the helmet when my nose was covered. However, I simply pulled the mask below my nostrils and this was corrected. I imagine if I was wearing contacts, I would not have the problem at all.
The neck fits perfectly under my jacket and I barely notice the cold weather.

Would definitely recommend.

WearEver A83424 Cook and Strain Stainless Steel Sauce Pan with Glass Straining Lid Cookware, 3-Quart, Silver
Price: $19.88
35 used & new from $17.40

4.0 out of 5 stars A few flaws, November 3, 2011
This pot is great for cooking most items and is really only brought down by a few flaws, outlined below:

Pros:
- Two drainage sizes
- Two openings so straining doesn't cause steam to rise up and burn your hands
- Good size for most cooking
- Stainless Steel

Cons:
- Handle on lid has no insulation (metal on metal burns you if you cook rice or steam vegetables)
- Heavy Pan (not easy to strain things like pasta if you have a lot of water)
drains are positioned in such a way that you don't burn yourself with steam when you strain items