Profile for Blue Sky > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Blue Sky RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
8.5 x 11" 50 Sheets Premium Arctic Matte Inkjet Photo Paper 230gsm
8.5 x 11" 50 Sheets Premium Arctic Matte Inkjet Photo Paper 230gsm
Offered by Finestra Art - Inkjet Media
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars and Staples brands of matte paper and none of the were as good as finestraArt brand, January 25, 2015
Brightest white and heaviest stock I used. I have previously used Epson, Canon, and Staples brands of matte paper and none of the were as good as finestraArt brand.

Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
Offered by PoolStuffExpress
Price: $264.99
27 used & new from $258.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Say good bye to bulky hoses and hours of manual cleaning!, November 13, 2010
I love our Pool Rover. We had purchased the Robo-Kleen the season before. The Robo-Kleen lasted less than a full season before it died. We have used the Pool Rover all season without a problem. This unit is a lot lighter than the Robo-Kleen which makes it a pleasure to lift and carry. Although I must say it does feel a bit cheaply made, yet continues to rival in reliability and cleaning performance when compared to our prior Robo-Kleen. I worry that one day that the thin plastic axles of this unit will crack but so far they have been holding up well. The Pool Rover has cleaned up dirt, leaves, and algae from the bottom of our above ground oval swimming pool without a problem. It never gets stuck, nor does it climb up the walls and stall out as our Robo-Kleen often did.

So why did I only rate the unit 4 stars instead of 5? Well first off, I'll tell you that it has nothing to do with the reliability and cleaning performance of this unit. I rate it only 4 because of what seems to be cheap plastic axles (they haven't cracked yet though), non-waterproof power unit (don't leave this out in the rain!), and the required pin swapping. There is a a plastic pin that must be placed in one of 4 pin holes near the end parts of the axles. Yes, the placement of the pins are relatively easy, simply pull out the pin ring and slide it in to the next pin hole. Yes, it only has to be done once per cleaning cycle before putting the unit to the water. BUT, it is still a minor annoyance to have to change it each time and to remember to change it. These pin changes are required because it changes the cleaning pattern directions of the unit and also reduces the kinking / curling of the electrical cord that may occur if the pin is not swapped to a new position for each cleaning cycle.

Tip: enclose your power unit (the big yellow control box) in a large ziplock back and seal it off, so that in case you forget to bring the unit in before it rains, it will hopefully remain protected.

Cbus Wireless Holster Case w/ Ratcheting Belt Clip & Car Charger for Motorola i296
Offered by Cbus Wireless
Price: $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, November 4, 2010
I saved a lot of money with this combo pack. The car charger feels cheap but works. The holster is nice and light and securely holds the phone in place. I guess there is not much to say about this product except that is a great value when compared to what the cellphone company and manufacturer charge for their comparable offerings.

Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset
Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset
Offered by Discontinued Bargains
Price: $122.99
10 used & new from $25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars this microphone is junk - continuous buzzing and humming noise, November 3, 2010
This is my second Logitech ClearChat Pro USB microphone. The first one made a continuous buzzing and humming noise that was very annoying and completely stopped working within 30 days of purchase. Amazon replaced it but this one still makes a buzz or hum noise that is continuous in all recordings. I thought it was my computers at first. I was using an Asus EEE 1005 and it was suggested that the 2-prong power pack for this netbook be replaced with 3-prong (grounded) power pack. So I purchased a 3-prong power pack for my netbook and the microphone still buzzed / hummed non-stop while recording with it. It was then suggested that all other USB attached deviced be removed from the computer. That did not solve the problem. It was also suggested to try another PC. I tried a new HP Pavilion All-In-One PC (connected to an APC UPS) and it still made a buzz. It was suggested to connect to the microphone to a powered-USB hub, tried it and still made the humming noises. It was suggested to ground myself, tried it and still didn't work! Lastly it was suggested to connect the microphone to the netbook, disconnect the power cable to the netbook and run it off the netbook's battery... finally this worked but I don't want to be forced to keep using up my netbook battery and recharging it to make a poorly engineered microphone work. Also this headset hurts my ears after wearing it for longer than about an hour.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2010 8:12 AM PST

Zibra ZPCOPEN-OR Open It Universal Package Opener
Zibra ZPCOPEN-OR Open It Universal Package Opener
Offered by Bargain The People
Price: $9.93
4 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars saves time and energy!, January 9, 2009
This product does what is is supposed to do. It has saved me tons of time and energy by opening those plastic clamshells with ease. Gone is the frustrating battles of trying to open clam shells with ordinary scissors or razors. I've also used this product successfully to cut up those plastic tie wraps, it makes it a breeze to snip them open. The built in razor is handy for quickly cutting through the amazon.com packaging tape on the boxes. The built in screwdriver is another bonus feature that saves a trip to the toolbox.

Overall, I highly recommend this tool as an instant gratification enabler and an excitement enhancer due to the products powerfulness in allowing me to quickly get my hands on the products due to its ability to cut through plastic and cardboard packagings in a flash. Get it, you'll be glad you did! :)

UPDATE 2010
This product is still going strong and is so handy to have it easily accessible when my amazon shipments arrive! I live it and think amazon.com should give it as a free gift to their most loyal customers. I am constantly using this product to open up my amazon shipping boxes and to cut into the plastic packages. This takes the hazzle and frustration out of accessing your new products.

Premier Pet Fido Fleece Booties Solid Black Size Tiny
Premier Pet Fido Fleece Booties Solid Black Size Tiny
Offered by A-2-Z Enterprise
Price: $8.96
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars most effective doggie boots, December 3, 2008
We bought these boots at a local pet store (should have checked amazon first). Anyway, we tried on doggie boots made by various manufacturers on our dog at various pet stores and all were difficult to put on or would slip off or shift while on our dog's feet. The exception was Fido Fleece booties by Premiere.

We have been very satisfied with these dog boots. They are easy to put on our dog because they don't have the long length of stretch sock or legging material that would need to be stretched out and over the entire length of the dog's legs. They are a snug fit making them difficult to slip off (although the boot did slip off one of our dog's paw, but i attribute this to owner not tightening the velcro strap tight enough) secured by elastic and velcro strap.

Note: you should be sure to tighten the velcro strap tight so that they remain secure on the dog's legs. Also note: our version on the tiny boots did not contain pull string but rather elastic sewn into the boot.

Natural Nibbles Salmon Dog Treat with Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids, 3-Ounce Resealable Bags (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars lasts long and our puppy loves them!, December 1, 2008
Our puppy is on a biologically appropriate raw food and bones diet (BARF / B.A.R.F.). We like these treats because they are compatible with his raw food diet and have a long shelf life. We previously fed shredded boiled chicken breast for training session treats but grew tired of having cook them and the waste caused by dumping the left-over after 7 days. These treats save us time and energy from having to cook chicken breast and reduces waste since they last a long time since they are freeze dried.

Our puppy absolutely loves the flavor of these treats. We use them for training purposes, and as such they need to be cut down into smaller chunks for use in training sessions. Note, because they are freeze dried you will need to carefully cut them to reduce pulverizing the treat into too much powder.

Also note, these are not 100% salmon but also contain beef mixed in with the salmon treat.

Pup-Head Portable Dog Potty - Regular Size 20" x 30"
Pup-Head Portable Dog Potty - Regular Size 20" x 30"

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent potty for pet, December 1, 2008
I did a lot of research on various dog potty products and this was among the best. It is light-weight, portable, easy to clean, and just the right size for my small breed dog.

That being said you must introduce the potty properly to your puppy or dog. We put it over the spot outside that our puppy used and then after a few weeks of him using it outside we transitioned the potty to inside the home.

Our puppy was not enthusiastic about using it at first because the artificial turf is not as soft as natural sod and may have a soft prickly feel that the dog will need to get used to.

Here are some tips that helped us.
*Keep your puppy on leash until they routinely begin to use the potty, this way you can limit the distance they can travel away from the dog potty to do their potty.

* Before making them go potty for the first time on the dog potty, get them used to walking on the new surface by luring them closer and closer to the potty with treats and then lure them on to the dog potty surface with even more treats.

* Immediately after they finish going potty on the dog potty surface give them another treat and lots of praise. They will eventually get the point and understand that they need to use the dog potty and doing so means good things (treats) even if they don't like the feel of the surface.

* Keep it clean! Rinse out the tray and artificial turf with soap and water about every second or third day. Just like cats with a litter box, dogs won't want to use a dog potty that is dirty.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2010 10:27 AM PDT

Canine Courtesy : Step by Step Solutions for Training your Dog [VHS]
Canine Courtesy : Step by Step Solutions for Training your Dog [VHS]
VHS
2 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars look elsewhere for better training methods, November 10, 2008
The trainer in this training video uses negative-reinforcement techniques and physical manipulation consisting of aggressive alpha-rolling via limb twisting (to teach not to jump), digging your finger into a puppy's tongue (to teach it not to bite), forcing the puppy's hips down with hand (to teach it to sit), pulling front paws forward (to teach down), along with leash jerks (to teach come).

There are much better and more effective ways to communicate with and train a puppy compassionately by using positive-reinforcement techniques. Please be kind, gentle, and positive with your puppy and avoid using this video to train your puppy.

Robokleen Plus Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Robokleen Plus Above Ground Pool Cleaner

2.0 out of 5 stars great when it works. it'll break fast though., September 12, 2008
The Robo Kleen works great *when* it works. Every time I use it or every other time I use it, I find myself having to pull it away from the wall part way through a cleaning session because it runs into the wall and stays there or climbs it's front end up the wall so that only the back wheels remain on the floor. Also several times found it had mysteriously floated up to the surface of the pool. I used the Robo-Kleen for 1 month during last year's season and 4 months during this season before the motor stopped functioning. And now it is out of the warranty period.

Page: 1 | 2