Profile for Trudy Lancaster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Trudy Lancaster RSS Feed (Tennessee)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
A Dog's Purpose
A Dog's Purpose
by W. Bruce Cameron
32 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm an absolute sucker for a good Dog Story!!!, March 14, 2012
This review is from: A Dog's Purpose (Hardcover)
What a great idea... This is a very good book filled with several sad/happy stories that rolled into one GREAT story. I strongly suggest you read this book with your best dog-friend in your lap (or near by) so you can pet them often and give/get lots of doggy kisses during the sad parts! The last story in the series broke my heart, but still rates high as one of my favorite endings!

Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero
by Susy Flory
79 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Thunder Man, March 14, 2012
This book was more about the dog's owner -- who kept reminding us how remarkable he (the man) was (and he was indeed remarkable, but I didn't buy the book to read a story about him), and how upset he gets when people try to help him because he's blind.
The dog and their escape from Ground Zero seemed more like afterthoughts... more of a way to catch the eye of dog-lovers and those interested in stories about 9/11. I give the book 2 stars for that very small portion of the book.

The Best Of Ivan Parker
The Best Of Ivan Parker
Price: $13.83
52 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't take it out of my CD player..., August 27, 2008
This review is from: The Best Of Ivan Parker (Audio CD)
This is one of the BEST CDs I've ever owned! Each and every song is a Blessing. 'Midnight Cry' is one selection I play over and over again, as is 'Rise Again.' Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Ivan Parker's voice is one of the best I've heard in a long time - he puts so much feeling and emotion in every note! I've bought copies for friends and family -- I just have to share the joy of listening to these songs!

Jesus of Nazareth
Jesus of Nazareth
DVD ~ Robert Powell
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $25.54
69 used & new from $4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Awe-Inspiring!, April 16, 2008
This review is from: Jesus of Nazareth (DVD)
I am a "Jesus Movie Junkie" and have watched ALL of them time and time again. But there are three that I watch more than all of the others combined:

Jesus Christ Superstar - I admit that I watch this one for the music and to get to stare at Ted Neeley.

The Passion of The Christ - a brutal reminder of His sacrifice. Jim Caviezel should have won an award for this film!

Jesus of Nazareth - THE ultimate movie on the life of Christ. Robert Powell takes my breath away! The subtleties in his portrayal, the peace, love, understanding and acceptance in his eyes. He alone makes this movie the absolute BEST of the Best.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2009 7:57 AM PDT

Brother Odd (Odd Thomas Novels)
Brother Odd (Odd Thomas Novels)
by Dean Koontz
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
290 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, April 16, 2008
I'd given up on Dean Koontz novels until this series was recommended by my sister. I absolutely love all 3 of them. What great characters in the stories, and Odd is my all-time favorite Koontz character.

Is this the end of the series? I'm not sure, but somehow I think it is. If so, it ended with a touch of genius. Trading Elvis for Old Blue Eyes! Hilarious!

Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana
Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana
by Anne Rice
Price: $18.87
292 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful, Heart-Warming Book!, April 16, 2008
Like most here have said, the second-half of the book was clearly the most interesting. When news came to the village that John the Baptist had come out of the wilderness and was fulfilling the Prophecy, I actually began to shake, anticipating Yeshua's trip to the river. It's the kind of shake you get when you're a little too cold, but nothing I could do would stop the shaking! Finally, when he was baptised and began his journey into the wilderness, I calmed down. His conversations with Satan were phenominal! What an imagination to build that from the scriptures!

My favorite line from the entire book came at the onset of his journey into the desert: "Well, now I knew just what it meant to be the man who knew he was God." I had to stop reading for a while to recover from that line, then read it over and over again!

I also enjoyed Him telling James: "I am weary of you, by brother... in my heart, I'm weary."

The last page of the book is sheer genius and made my heart swell with Happiness!

Joshua's Family: The Long-Awaited Prequel to the Bestselling Joshua
Joshua's Family: The Long-Awaited Prequel to the Bestselling Joshua
by Joseph F. Girzone
Price: $16.95
86 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring..., March 11, 2008
That's the main feeling I get/got out of reading these books. Girzone's writing has ALWAYS been stilted -- that's nothing new in this book. The children have ALWAYS talked like adults (especially in 'Joshua and The Children' - that's nothing new. Girzone has ALWAYS been very repetitive in his writing -- also nothing new.
I remember when I started reading the series that I'd hoped the next one would be written a little better/more professionally, but that never happened, in my opinion. BUT I kept reading them, all the way up to this one -- liking/enjoying some more than others, but one theme prevailed. After I finished each book, I immediately began missing Joshua. I really do, I miss him!
So... no, these aren't the best written-books, but they ARE filled with a character that makes you feel warm and comforted inside and continually re-ignites a tiny spark of hope -- and THAT's a good thing!

Wrath of Gods
Wrath of Gods
DVD ~ Gerard Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Emotional Documentary..., August 21, 2007
This review is from: Wrath of Gods (DVD)
I was constantly amazed at the passion and dedication of the people involved with the making of the movie - Beowulf and Grendel. 'Wrath of Gods' painfully showed us The Forces of Nature that were fighting the cast and crew every step of the way - but they persevered!

Jesus Christ Superstar (Original London Concept Recording)
Jesus Christ Superstar (Original London Concept Recording)
Price: $16.19
90 used & new from $2.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD!, May 7, 2007
I only wish the folks that put out the CD of the '73 movie had been as diligent to put out such a superior product! There is not ONE THING wrong with this CD, but I still find myself listening to Ted Neeley's version, tho it is harder to sing along to and sounds like they're singing in a tin can!

Ian Gillan is/was an amazing talent! This CD is a must-have for all JCS fans!

Jesus Christ Superstar (Special Edition)
Jesus Christ Superstar (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Ted Neeley
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $8.50
59 used & new from $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-visiting a long-ago love..., May 7, 2007
I wanted the special edition so I could hear the comments from Ted Neeley and Norman Jewison (who needs to consult Miss Manners about interrupting someone else who's trying to speak). The interview with Tim Rice was also very interesting and I learned a few things I didn't know!

This movie is very dated, and that is one of its charms! Some of the ideas used are still amazing and I find myself shaking my head in disbelief! The entire cast is amazing - especially Carl Anderson and Barry Dennen. Josh Mostel made a very funny Herod. Yvonne Elliman is only so-so in my book. A bit too clingy and whiny, but that's just me.

Then there is Ted Neeley! After Elvis, Ted was a Great Love of My Life, but hey, he's Elvis! Others may or may not sing these songs better than Ted (I won't go into that here) but NO ONE puts more passion into the words! I often put 'Gethsemane' on repeat and just let it play and play and play. His smile in 'Hosanna' lights up the screen! Ted NEVER ceases to amaze me!

I finally get to see him perform Superstar in person 5/12 - I absolutely can't wait! Yes, he's aged... who hasn't??? He's still out there, delivering a STAND OUT performance and I, for one, will be cheering him on!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2008 7:46 PM PDT