Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for John B. Clements > Reviews

Browse

John B. Clements' Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John B. Clements RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Maxxis Ignitor exCeption Mountain Bike Tire (Folding 62a, SW, 26x2.1)
Maxxis Ignitor exCeption Mountain Bike Tire (Folding 62a, SW, 26x2.1)
Offered by Niagara Cycle Works
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $45.99

4.0 out of 5 stars keep coming back, February 25, 2016
These came as OEM on my mountain bike back in 2005. I've been through a bunch of others, but I keep coming back to these; I'm probably on my tenth. It's mostly dry hard-packed single-track around here (CA central coast), with some medium-loose stuff. I'm definitely more of an uphill/xc rider than an aggro downhill guy, so I'm looking for reasonable traction and long life, not crazy cornering downhill. (hard-tail 26" bike)

Tecnu Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub (4 oz)
Tecnu Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub (4 oz)
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $12.52
50 used & new from $9.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a miracle, but desperately needed nonetheless., December 26, 2015
Let me be clear; I am not convinced that Tecnu Extreme will reduce the time it takes to get to "completely healed." When I search online for clinical trials, I generally find a howling silence.

BUT!

I *absolutely adore* this product. Why? Because when I feel like I'm about to fall over and die from itching, Tecnu Extreme gives me the ability to scrub the living daylights out of it, *without* breaking the skin and risking infection. It changes a savage itching into a mild tingly burning for periods of hours at a time, and lets me get the sleep I need.

Others will tell you that this is a mistake, that any kind of scrubbing will exacerbate the rash and lengthen the time taken to heal. It's clear to me that using this product does make the affected area more puffy, and redder. However, it is by no means clear to me that this lengthens the time to heal. Indeed, I detect a note of puritanism in the blanket assertion that scratching must make it worse. Feels good, must be bad.

In fact, my biggest question about this product is whether it contains any useful medication whatsoever, or whether it's simply a gel containing suspended particles that are of a size and shape that allow moderate scrubbing without breaking the skin. I would love to hear a dermatologist's response to this, but I'm guessing that most medical professionals would be hesitant to provide an opinion such as this one on a currently marketed product.

In summary: when you need it, you really really need it. Alleviates the itching for many hours, and makes the next week bearable.

A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
by Barbara G. Walker
Price: $30.00
47 used & new from $23.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Every new pattern is like a present waiting to be unwrapped, December 16, 2014
This book is truly incredible. Every new pattern is like a present waiting to be unwrapped.

Furinno A6-Purple Ergonomics Aluminum Vented Adjustable Laptop Portable Bed Tray, Purple
Price: $51.73
8 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using this to hold my laptop above my ..., December 16, 2014
I've been using this to hold my laptop above my desk for more than a year now; it's a standing desk for a twentieth the cost.

Casio Men's STR300C-1V Runner Eco Friendly Digital Watch
Casio Men's STR300C-1V Runner Eco Friendly Digital Watch
Price: $17.72
45 used & new from $16.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Happy, July 28, 2014
I've been very happy with this watch. I have no idea if I'll get the advertised 10 years from the battery, but I find the watch easy to read and use. I don't have any input on the stride timer, which I think is a bit of a gimmick, but I can declare that I use both the stopwatch and the timer on a near-daily basis.

Monopoly Strategy
Monopoly Strategy
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Focuses on the right things., July 28, 2014
This review is from: Monopoly Strategy (Kindle Edition)
This book is dramatically better than many others; that's probably because it does not fall into the trap of being an amateur mathematician's superficial analysis, but focuses rather on how you actually win at monopoly, which has much less to do with knowing which monopoly yields more per player loop and much more to do with weighing alternatives and knowing the players around you.

Also, the author's experience yields many amusing anecdotes, and makes the book a lot of fun to read.

Korg GA1 Guitar and Bass Tuner
Korg GA1 Guitar and Bass Tuner
Price: $12.79
36 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep., July 28, 2014
Does what it says on the tin. No problems at all, entirely satisfied.

Stelton EM77 Vacuum Jug, 33.8 oz, white
Stelton EM77 Vacuum Jug, 33.8 oz, white
Offered by FinaTavola
Price: $79.99
52 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's that good., July 28, 2014
My wife and I like to joke that the longer you leave your tea in here, the hotter it gets. If I leave it out overnight, the tea may just reach the plasma state. Seriously, we've been incredibly happy with this jug, and hope that it survives long enough to become the design heirloom that others have mentioned.

Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Modules CT2KIT51264BF1339
Offered by WHOLESALE TAG
Price: $53.99
24 used & new from $36.74

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems., February 9, 2014
Honestly, reviews of RAM are more or less just a case of statistical sampling--the vast majority are going to be fine. I bought it, it seems to be working. That's pretty much all I've got...

Winning Monopoly
Winning Monopoly
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Winning Monopoly (Kindle Edition)
I was disappointed in this book. It's extremely short, and the author's analysis appears to be somewhat superficial. He doesn't discuss the details of his computer model, and it's not clear whether the model adequately tackles the complexities of the game. Finally, I was dismayed to discover that the book--in kindle form, at least--has no bibliography whatsoever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 5:53 PM PDT