Profile for M. Norton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Norton "M.N. -Chicago, IL" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

PureSpectrum 20W Fully Dimmable Spiral CFL(2 Pack) 2700K 6000 hours (75W Equivalent)
Offered by The GENERAL Store
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best and most affordable CFL out there!, August 18, 2010
These bulbs are great. They generate hardly any heat and are almost cool to the touch, hence I believe they must use much less energy. They last forever too. I bought 4 bulbs back in Dec and they are still going long and strong. One of the bulbs is our porch light and my wife loves to leave that light on 24/7, at full strength. That said, it has been burning all day and night for almost 9 months...I'm wondering if it will ever burn out. You get the picture, quality product and works as advertised.

The Vitamin D Cure
The Vitamin D Cure
by Diane Stafford
Price: $19.13
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life in a very positive way - A must read!!, August 4, 2008
This review is from: The Vitamin D Cure (Hardcover)
After reading this book, 3 months ago, I started Vitamin D supplementation at 4000 IU's per day. The information in the first-few chapters, alone, was compelling enough to persuade me to supplement with Vitamin D. In fact, I bought Vitamin D supplements before I even finished the 4th chapter. Normally, I am very skeptical of information pertaining to health and wellness; that is, I force myself to find several other sources and corroborate the facts before I finally commit to make suggested dietary changes. However, after reading only a few chapters detailing Dr. Dowd's personal story and the chronicles of his patients and their case histories - I realized I was Vitamin D deficient. I saw such a eerily similar comparison between the case histories in this book and what I was currently suffering from. I knew I was missing Vitamin D. I was completely convinced that I should start Vitamin D supplementation. I realize this review is not a review on Vitamin D supplementation, nor is it a chance for me to ramble on about me. I'm supposed to review this book and tell you whether or not I think it's a good read. And just so we're clear, the book is not only a good read, but a must read. Oh and I'm getting to the review part.

I have never written a book review before (or at least to the best of my knowledge). I took the time to review this book because it changed my life in a very positive way. I believe that if you follow the advice written in this book, it will change your life as well. Sounds like a big statement, but it's very true. Before reading the book I was suffering from all sorts of ailments. I was in a mt. bike accident in 1997, where I suffered 13 fractures and started my lifelong journey of tolerating pain in nearly every bone and joint I had. Here's where it gets interesting.

I used to own a landscaping business that I had started in college, so I was constantly out in the sun. When my "real" job was enough to pay the bills, I sold my landscaping business. About 8 months after selling my business, what used to be "tolerable" pain, soon became pain I could barely deal with. , I had pain ranging from fatigue to arthritis, tendonitis to muscular atrophy; I even started getting acne (I'm 31 years old and never had it before). I went to a plethora of doctors to see why I was falling apart: Internists/Generalists, Endocrinologists, ENT's, Orthopedic Surgeons and Dermatologists. Unfortunately, they didn't help much. They tried to help by prescribing anti-inflammatories, antibiotics for the acne (which came back every time I stopped the antibiotic), physical therapy, and pills that I never took, but nothing worked. Even more unfortunate was the fact that not one doctor tested me for Vitamin D deficiency. I find that very odd since I visited nearly every specialty doctor I could find and not one of them mentioned Vitamin D deficiency. This goes to show just how groundbreaking and revolutionary the information presented in this book is.

The Vitamin D supplementation was so effective, I decided to take it a step further and follow a few of Dr. Dowd's dietary suggestions. More recently, I've decided to cut out cheese and whole grains as I really thought moderation was OK. Then I noticed, every time I ate cheese or whole grains, I felt kind of crummy. Now, I am 100% committed to Dr. Dowd's diet and D supplementation. I noticed the more suggestions I followed from this book, the better I felt. The end-result is, I now feel great - and I will be purchasing more copies of this book, as every family member and friend that I have, will be receiving the Vitamin D cure for Christmas.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2013 2:01 PM PDT

High Tech Soul: The Creation of Techno Music
High Tech Soul: The Creation of Techno Music
DVD ~ Juan Atkins
8 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well documented! Professional and definitely entertaining!!, September 29, 2006
WOWOWOWOW! This movie shocked the heck outta' me. I expected a lame-attempt for filmmaking, and instead, was astounded--at just how good--it actually was. I really enjoyed it and hope to see another one from this rookie filmmaker. Did this come out to the theater? Wished it would have.....think it would have been awesome to see on the big screen, as well. Man, what an incredible film. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Definitely, not a resell. Even if you don't like techno music, you will still-love this film. Not only is it a documentary of Techno music; but it's also, a very tasteful documentary of Detroit and its' heritage. Great film!!