Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for nightman622 > Reviews

Browse

nightman622's Profile

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nightman622 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Elsse For Kindle 7th Gen, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display - Folio Case Cover for Kindle (7th Generation), Black - will not fit previous generation Kindle devices
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $6.89
2 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, keeps the screen safe, not cheesy-looking., November 20, 2015
Excellent case. I struggled to find a simple, minimalist case that protects the screen of my 7th Gen Kindle. I really wanted the kind with the built-in light but (as I when I bought this one) no such case was available. Coupled with the iKross iKross Black Dual LED Clip-On Reading Light for Nook, eBook Readers, Tablet, Book, Textbook and more light, this is a great case. The added feature of turning the Kindle on when I open the cover is a nice touch.

GMS Optical® Premium Grade Comfortable Silicone Anti-slip Holder for Glasses, Ear Hook, Eyeglass Temple Tip (1 Pair, Brown)
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $4.98
2 used & new from $4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Putting the glasses on requires a new technique, but these work well., November 20, 2015
They are a little bigger than I expected, and putting my sunglasses on with them attached requires a bit of fumbling. However, it's not terrible, and they do actually work quite well. My sunglasses, which used to slide down my nose every 3 or 4 seconds no matter what I did, now fit perfectly, and I forget the holders are there almost immediately.

The Troop
The Troop
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good - if slightly nauseating - read., April 1, 2015
This review is from: The Troop (Kindle Edition)
A little gross, a little emotional and a little surprising. Occasionally The Troop bumps up against my sustainable disbelief wall, but the vast majority is creative, engaging and - as long as you're not squeamish - fun. A good read.

Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Surge Protector with 8-Foot Cord, BP112230-08
Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Surge Protector with 8-Foot Cord, BP112230-08
Price: $32.49
265 used & new from $26.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile surge protector/strip., April 11, 2013
I bought this to organize the electronics at my desk: MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, 5 port USB hub, 3 external drives, battery charger and a lamp. This protector handles them all with room to grow. The pivoting, side-mounted outlets make it much easier to fit all those power bricks/blocks on the same unit without the problem of one brick covering up 2 outlets that happens on linear strips. I don't have use for the coaxial ports in my office, but I'll consider getting one for the living room in the future, where they would be useful. The only other feature I could ask is a flat plug for the protector itself. It sticks out from the wall outlet about 3 inches, which means I can't quite get my desk up against the wall. That's not enough of an issue to warrant losing a star, though. This is a good buy.

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
74 used & new from $50.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding tool, April 11, 2013
I bought one of these after a particularly horrifying cleaning at the dentist during which I considered asking for a transfusion. My teeth had a lot of tartar and my puffy, inflamed gums weren't doing much but running away and lining me up for dentures. Also, 30 minutes with the pick HURTS. A lot. Flossing did not help. I have a small jaw and 32 teeth, and even using super-thin tape floss daily was not making a difference.

My hygienist told me I had early stage gum disease, and recommended that either I undergo a costly laser procedure, or I try using a Waterpik. They sold them for $55 at the dentist (plus tax). I bought mine on Amazon for $36 with free shipping.

I started using it once a day (at night) the day I got it. Fill it with warm water (warmer than you would use to rinse after brushing. Shooting even lukewarm water at your teeth below the gumline is painfully cold) and start at 1. My gums were uncomfortable at first, and a little sore of the first 2-3 days, but my mouth felt amazingly clean.

After 3-4 weeks, I had ramped up to 10 (max pressure) and was blasting my teeth daily. I kept it up every day, and at my next 6-month cleaning ....

no gum disease. I had the pick for a total of 3 minutes, no bleeding, no pain, and she and the dentist made offhand comments about how unusually pink and health my gums were.

I've been using this for over a year (now down to every other day) and my gums are still in great shape. Teeth are staying cleaner, my mouth is healthier, and getting a cleaning is now a pleasant experience. Might be the best, longest-lasting $36 I've ever spent.

The machine itself is simple to use and even simpler to clean. I was it out with dish soap once a month and cleaning the heads daily. Mine came with 5 or 6 different kinds, but I pretty much use the standard head exclusively. Pressure settings are great. You could use setting one on a child (don't, unless the dentists say to, though), and by the time you reach 10, you'll wish it went to 20.

Dixon Ticonderoga Wood-Cased #2 HB Pencils, Pre-Sharpened, Box of 12, Yellow (13806)
Price: $1.99
61 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are pencils. And they are good., April 11, 2013
No, seriously, they are. If you have a strange attachment to things you write with, and the "feel" of a pen or pencil on the writing surface is important to you (and some of us are just odd that way), these are your pencils. They're smooth and "feel" is kind of silky on regular paper. Plus, the shiny green writing is hot. It just is.

Torin T82012 Hydraulic Trolley Jack - 2 Ton in Plastic Case
Torin T82012 Hydraulic Trolley Jack - 2 Ton in Plastic Case
Price: $17.53
4 used & new from $17.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Good jack, good price, not quite tall enough, April 11, 2013
I bought this so I wouldn't have to rely on my car's factory-supplied scissor jack to work in the garage. It requires a lot of short pumps, but lifts the car smoothly and quickly. Learning the timing of the release valve to get the car to lower smoothly is a little tricky, but no big deal. Came well-package in it's own plastic case which was beat up, but only on the inside (??), while the jack itself was fine. The metal cover over the hinge points of the piston comes off easily and often, but I solved that problem by not jamming my body parts into the mechanism, which has worked out well so far.

It's a low-profile jack, which was not a buying point for me (price was), but if you have a car with low ground clearance, this should fit. Rolls around easily, weighs a ton.

Here's my only issue: It doesn't extend high enough for my purposes. Honestly, it never occurred to me that this would be an issue, but it will not raise my car high enough to slide the Torin T43006 3 Ton SUV Jack Stands (Sold in Pairs) I bought underneath the jack points of the car. I slid a couple pieces of 2 x 8 underneath the jack and got the job done, but then, of course, you have the added concern of the jack rolling off the boards during the process - not a good scenario. It's not really a failing of the jack - I should have checked - but consider this before you buy. If I had, I might have spent the extra money on the Torin T83006 3 Ton SUV Service Jack.

Hmmmm. Christmas present for someone, maybe?

Torin T43006 SUV Jack Stands - 3 Ton, 1 pair
Torin T43006 SUV Jack Stands - 3 Ton, 1 pair
Price: $30.88
5 used & new from $30.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for the amateur mechanic, April 11, 2013
Might be good for the pro mechanic too, but I can't speak for them. I bought a pair of these to hold up my 2008 Outback while I replaced the brake pads. They're solid, came well-packaged and held the car up securely. I had originally planned to get the Torin T43002A 3 Ton Double Locking Jack Stands (Sold in Pairs) for the extra safety, but blanched when I realized I'd have to pay extra shipping for those (what can I say? I hate shipping costs). The feet are not "solid" or "flat" so they'll dig impressions in your driveway if you have the soft kind, though I used these on the concrete of my garage, so it didn't make any difference. They're sturdy, secure and cheap. That's everything I can ask of a jack stand.

Performance Tool (W2) 14" Metric 4-Way Lug Wrench
Performance Tool (W2) 14" Metric 4-Way Lug Wrench
Price: $16.66
20 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wrench and cheap too., April 11, 2013
I bought this to use in the garage instead of the compact wrench that came with my Outback. Small enough to put in the well with the spare tire, big enough to get great leverage for removing nuts. I had to stand up and use my foot to get a few off when I did my brakes, and this didn't flex at all - popped them right off. The chrome is totally unnecessary but hey, who doesn't like chromed tools? 2 SAE and 2 metric, worked fine on my all-metric Subaru, can also adapt to my parents' Chevy.

Permatex 80071 Anti-Seize Lubricant with Brush Top Bottle, 4 oz.
Permatex 80071 Anti-Seize Lubricant with Brush Top Bottle, 4 oz.
Price: $6.06
52 used & new from $4.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, especially in the Rust Belt!, April 11, 2013
Great product. Nice and thick, goes on smoothly, and has an applicator brush attached to the cap - no squeezing and spreading with your fingers. There's enough in the jar to last me the next 30 years the way I go through it. I bought the marine grade specifically to put on the lug bolts of my wheels. I live in New England where we have salt and moisture 6 months of the year and rust the other 6. I've used it in the past and it keeps lug bolts nice and tight, but removable with a hand twist of a wrench.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4