Profile for Joel Libava > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joel Libava RSS Feed (Cleveland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators
Price: $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not a Freak, April 24, 2014
I'm always excited to check out the latest and greatest from Chris Brogan. Always.

But, I wasn't sure how much I would like the book after kind of being called a "Freak" in the beginning of it.

I guess I don't like the word. It's kind of ugly...freakish, really.

But, I put my wounded ego aside, and dug deeper into the meaning of the word "freak." (Chris's definition, anyway.)

A chapter or two in, I got a lot more comfortable with the concept of freaks...and of me possibly being one myself.

I'm comfortable saying I'm not a freak...but I'm "different." Maybe that's my word for freak. I'm not sure. But, what am I am sure about is this: Chris Brogan's new book will be a hit. It's really a "how-to" more than anything. There are lots of specific steps described and a lot of actions related to the steps to be taken.

Chris likes to use lists...or rather, wants his readers to use lists to break down project-related things.

It's a book about running a small business...a better one. One that is defined not by what society defines...but one where we define it. And, because of the internet and technology, we can. We get to define our own businesses...or our future businesses.

Grab Chris's book. It will make your brain hurt.

All of Chris's books seem to do that.

In a good way.

The Franchise King®, Joel Libava

How to Get Unstuck: 25 Ways to Get Your Business Growing Again
How to Get Unstuck: 25 Ways to Get Your Business Growing Again
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BM Does It Again, March 18, 2014
Small business unstucker, Barry Moltz, does it again with this 25-step guide to getting a business-maybe even YOUR business, unstuck.

I've heard Barry speak at events, and he's the real deal.

I really like Chapter 16 of his book in which Barry writes that it's perfectly okay to hire people that are smarter than you...and not to make the mistake that lots of ego-driven small business owners do of not hiring people that are smarter than you.

It's kind of like learning how to become a better tennis player. Do you play tennis with someone who's not as good as you, or with someone who's better than you?

You know the answer.

Buy this business book and learn how to get your business unstuck.

Joel Libava

Quick Start Guide to Affiliate Marketing:  Answers to the Questions You Should Be Asking
Quick Start Guide to Affiliate Marketing: Answers to the Questions You Should Be Asking
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Job, September 7, 2013
Nice job on this handy quick-start guide to affiliate marketing.

For me...a pretty darn unsuccessful affiliate marketer, it would have been great to know some of the things you discussed about how to evaluate an offer.

I really like your suggestion of checking out the affiliate programs by going to consumer review sites...independent ones-to check on their reputation.

Great idea. Your eBook has many, many more.

All prospective affiliate marketers should grab this easy to use quick-start guide.

JL

The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
by Chris Brogan
Price: $16.99
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars CB and JS do it again!, October 25, 2012
Chris Brogan and Julien Smith did it again. Following in the footsteps of their first book-Trust Agents, the guys are obviously on a mission.

They want to educate us. They want to make sure that we "get it."

Joe Sorge Tweeted out the following: "I love books that force you to DO THE WORK! If you're not ready to actually do something..."

Great point, Joe.

The Impact Equation is a pretty easy read...not a fast read. Lots of stopping and starting is needed to allow things to sink in.

And, then the work begins. Good work. Impactful work.

Do you have an idea for a business? An App? Then read this book before you commit to it. The world may or may not be ready for it...for you.

There are several tips included in the book on how to figure out if your idea is ready for prime time. Or not.

That's just one of the things that stick out in this well-written book.

Buy book. Then do some work.

Intelligently.

Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing
by Lee Odden
Price: $19.13
67 used & new from $11.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee's Book Rocks!, June 5, 2012
Lee Odden does it all in his first hardcover book. And, I expected nothing less.

Lee is a hardworking new media guy. By new media, I mean The Net. It's not like he just started writing about SEO, and online marketing; he lives it, and has for quite a while.

Optimize is a book for people that want a step by step way to make sure that their sites and blogs can get found by people looking for their products and/or services. Not only does Lee teach people how to get found, he teaches them how to do it in the most ethical ways.

Lee is one of the good ones, and this book proves it.

If you want to do online right, grab Lee's book!

Business Around A Lifestyle Volume 1 (First Step: How To Dream Your Perfect Lifestyle, Then Go Get It!)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lifestyles Are Not Overrated, March 29, 2012
So many of us...(okay me) have this visual of lounging by the pool, (that's located somewhere semi-tropical, of course) not doing much-except reapplying SPF 30 sunscreen, knowing that we're making $10,000 a week through the internet, and our biggest problem could be deciding which brand of sunscreen to buy.

While I only know a couple people that actually do it--so far, I'm not a member of that exclusive club. But, I'm not giving up.

Jim Kukral's new book pisses me off. And not because it's a lousy book, and reading it was a waste of time. His book pisses me off because in it, Jim interviews really, really, successful people who ARE living their dreams. And, I'm jealous. I want a turn, you know?

Kidding aside, there's a ton of great information--stories really, that get to the heart of the matter, which is this;

Can one build a business that can offer a great lifestyle?

The answer is in the book.

Read it.

The Age of the Platform: How Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google Have Redefined Business
by Phil Simon
Price: $15.97
52 used & new from $5.65

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Phil's Fault, March 23, 2012
Four months after I made the decision to only focus on one thing in my franchise advisory business, Phil Simon's book showed up at my doorstep. Darn.

In his book, The Age of The Platform, Phil talks about what he calls, "Planks." Planks are what big companies like Amazon and Apple have. Think Kindle. Think Apps. Think profit centers.

I just added a new plank to my business, and it involves working a lot more with the people that call me...the franchisors. These company execs want me to help them find franchise candidates, and I am working on some unique ways to do it.

I'll be adding more planks as the year goes on.

Thanks to Phil and a great book.

If you don't buy it....I'll.....

Never mind. Buy it. It may change things for your small business in a big way.

Joel Libava

The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web
by Mari Smith
Price: $19.12
68 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Turqoise, January 11, 2012
Reading Mari's book turned out to be an unexpected learning experience for me.

Truthfully, I wasn't really expecting a lot in the way of new material. Bookshelves have been overrun with all sorts of books related to social media,and engagement...etc.

I picked up several new things from reading Mari's book, including some excellent resources that I was unaware of, like Kurrently. I also really like how Mari wrote about dealing with trolls and cyberbullies. Her advice; ignore them!

Turquoise

Brands matter. Personal brands matter, too. Mari's done a fine job with hers. If you didn't know Mari's, "color" before you bought her book, you certainly did afterwards!

Get book. Learn new things. Use those things.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2012 7:27 PM PST

Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the Competition
by John Michael Morgan
Price: $18.62
55 used & new from $12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book Rocks, January 3, 2012
John's book gave me exactly what I needed at the time I needed it; a swift kick in the pants. It made me re-think some things about my own brand.

I found John's book a quick read; I really like the short chapters. Kind of reminded me of reading web pages. (I wonder if he did that on purpose?)

Chapter 21 is titled, "The Uncommon Brand." John talks about benefits here...using your USP to explain what they are.

None of the things that John teaches us is easy. It's difficult to create a memorable brand, but the internet is allowing anyone with a PC to take a shot at it.

Thanks, John!

I'm taking mine.

What Is Internet Marketing? (Learn from the Web's top entrepreneurs & small business owners Book 1)
Price: $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim's newest book, July 28, 2011
Jim Kukral assembled one heck of a group to contribute their expertise for his newest book. Jim is smart enough to know that he can't be amazing at everything...as it relates to internet marketing, so he grabbed a few internet marketing powerhouses to help him out. Jim's a great connector, and has created quite the rolodex.

Having said that, you'd have to send me some serious money to reveal just who's in this book. Ok. Ok. I'll give you one little hint; crushit

If you're trying to up your game online...I decree that you buy this book!

Page: 1 | 2