Profile for socprof > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

socprof RSS Feed

Extra Credit (Murder 101 Mysteries)
Extra Credit (Murder 101 Mysteries)
by Maggie Barbieri
Price: $20.19
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, January 10, 2013
Another triumph for Barbieri. Having read all the books, I find some of the reviewers comments to be rooted in perhaps, a lack of understanding related to the characters. The book kept my interest and did a great job in developing these characters into a fine winters read! Highly recommend it~!

Third Degree (Murder 101 Mysteries, No. 5)
Third Degree (Murder 101 Mysteries, No. 5)
by Maggie Barbieri
Price: $28.10
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars socprof, May 2, 2011
I have read every one of the Murder 101 series books. I tend to disagree with the reviewer who suggests this is not the best of the bunch. In fact, I think it is just that... the best. The series is an entertaining diversion from the other things I read daily, and yet I find all the books by this author to be fun and interesting.

In this book, Alison struggles with more emotions than in other other books. Will she marry, will she forgive, will she hope again. I found myself routing for her to make a good choice for herself. The books start with Alison in one place, a broken and disappointed woman who has been abused by a cheating spouse. Here, she is growing in confidence and becoming a hopeful person. This book was a joyful and emotional read. I highly recommend you give it a try!

From Dictatorship to Democracy
From Dictatorship to Democracy

5.0 out of 5 stars socprof, April 24, 2011
What a great book. Essential reading for anyone interested in what's going on in the world today. This is a great book!

THINK Sociology
THINK Sociology
by John D. Carl
Price: $81.26
123 used & new from $16.45

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, April 24, 2011
This review is from: THINK Sociology (Paperback)
This book provides great information in a brief format. As a prof, I love the fact that my students come to class having actually having read the book. Apparently some reviewers disagree, but I think anyone who has taught for any length of time at all can see the wisdom in this book. It is a great place to start with introductory students. Once we get them to "think sociology" then we can get them to study more advanced stuff in subsequent courses. This book is AWESOME as a means to peeking interest.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 11:00 AM PDT