Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Cheryl Stout > Reviews

Browse

Cheryl Stout's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2724
Top Reviewer Ranking: 627

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cheryl Stout "broiderqueen - army mama" RSS Feed (Southern Oregon)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Herb-Ox Low Sodium Free Chicken Instant Bouillion, 8 Count Box (Pack of 12)
Herb-Ox Low Sodium Free Chicken Instant Bouillion, 8 Count Box (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the original better (but I'm sure the low sodium is better for me), April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been drinking this bouillon for YEARS when I'm not feeling well. This low-sodium bouillon is much better for you, I'm sure, but does not taste as good as the original. It is very bland.

So for drinking a cup when I'm sick I will stick with the original. Heat water to almost boiling, pour in a mug and add 1-2 envelopes of the dried bouillon - to taste. It's also good when you have to be on a clear liquid diet getting ready for a colonoscopy.

The one thing I really do like the low-sodium for is when I make mashed potatoes. I sprinkle in two packets as I'm mashing the potatoes, add a little salt of my own, and it makes yummy mashed potatoes.

Another plus - no MSG added since MSG is a migraine trigger for me.

It Takes One (An Audrey Harte novel)
It Takes One (An Audrey Harte novel)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What would you do in the same situations?, April 26, 2016
Audrey Harte is a criminal psychologist and hosts a TV show in L.A. called WHEN KIDS KILL. She's very good at her job because she speaks from experience. She and her best friend, Maggie, killed Maggie's father when they were both teenagers - for sexually abusing Maggie. And they were incarcerated for the crime.

Now Audrey is back in her hometown of Edgeport, Maine for the first time in seven years to help celebrate her mother's birthday. And from the moment she sets foot in town, the past threatens to overtake her.

I loved this book. I loved the words in this book and kept re-reading them and savoring them. I loved Audrey's character and I loved the character of Jake Tripp, the boy she used to love who now owns a good portion of the town.

This book isn't all black and white. There are tons of grey areas in it. Even the "good" guys aren't all they appear to be.

And this book was seriously messed up. There are lots of feel-good moments but there are some gutwrenchers too.

I loved the way the pieces fit together in the story and it kept me guessing right up to the end.

I recommend this book highly to mystery enthusiasts, readers of psychological thrillers and police procedurals - and those that just love a well-written book.

This is the first book in a new series. I'm not usually a huge fan of most series books but I will continue to follow Audrey. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY, the second book in the series, is supposed to be out in the Fall of 2016.

NOTE: I received this book from Redhook Books through Net Galley in exchange for my honest review.

Arshiner JJRC H8C 3D Flip Auto Return RC Quadcopter With 2.0MP Camera 2.4GHz 4CH 6 Axis Gyro Black
Offered by Anfan
Price: $55.99
3 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel like a secret agent, April 22, 2016
This is my first experience with a remote controlled quadcopter aka drone. It takes a while to get the hang of flying one of these. It's a good thing they are pretty resilient to landing upside down and running into things. The second time I flew it I was getting a lot better at it.

There were parts of the directions I had to read through a couple of times to understand. I'm pretty sure they were translated from Chinese and some parts weren't too clear.

The remote control uses four AA batteries and is well-made. The switches work well and it has a display that gives information about the control of the quadcopter. It shows when a video is being taken and signal strength to the remote.

I was surprised at the excellent quality of the videos I took and the photos look really good too.

There are fine-tuning controls for adjustment so it will hover in one place and not drift off. This one needed some adjustment out of the box.

This comes with a rechargeable battery for the drone. The battery doesn't last too long – up to eight minutes of flying time – and can take up to a couple of hours to recharge. Amazon has extra batteries and even replacement parts for the quadcopter. The batteries are fairly inexpensive so I will probably get a couple more.

I got a 4GB memory card with the quadcopter and an extra set of blades. It also comes with a screwdriver so you can put it together.

The only bug in it I could see is if it won't fly when I first try it, I have to turn it off and on a couple of times with the switch on the quadcopter.

I'm gonna take this to the park rather than our backyard where there is more space and no power lines or trees.

I am very glad that I received this quadcopter in exchange for my unbiased review.

PowerLead GameSir-G3 Upgrade Version Wireless Game Controller Bluetooth Gamepad Joysticks for PC(Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10) & Android & PS3 - Black
Offered by Kingdom LLC
Price: $44.99
2 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GameSir G3 Bluetooth Game Controller, April 20, 2016
This GameSir controller is based on the PlayStation 3 controller. It works with multiple platforms – Android, iOS, PlayStation 3, computer, and Smart TV.

I paired the controller to my Samsung Galaxy phone through a Bluetooth connection. I downloaded the Happy Chick Emulator, which is an app to download free games to your phone or tablet at happychick.hk. I didn't have any luck scanning the barcode on the manual to get the app.

The controller did not come with an operator's manual and I had to contact the company to have them email me a copy, which they did right away in pdf format (great customer service). I wasn't having an awful lot of luck with the controller until I actually got the operator's manual.

There are lots of games to choose from. I chose an old Mario game to try out. The controller has an adjustable bracket that holds my phone to the game controller. It was fun and it worked really well.

Next I connected it to my PS3 with a small USB receiver that plugs into the front of the PS3. It's pretty much of a clone of a PS3 controller and even vibrates in certain games.

I also connected it to a computer with the USB cable and tried it with a couple of games.

I like the controller and it feels really well-made and the switches feel good. The controller charges up by USB.

Playing games on the phone and the adjustable holder for the phone are the coolest features it has - at least in my opinion.

I am glad that I received this game controller in exchange for my unbiased review.

Colored Pencils Colorful Wooden Pencil Set Assorted Colors Pastel for Artist Secret Garden Coloring Books Kids Art Drawing Writing Drawing Sketching Painting and Adults Office Boring Work (36Colors)
Offered by HOZZQ
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set of colored pencils, April 19, 2016
This is a nice set of 36 colored pencils and a small plastic pencil sharpener. You have to kind of search for the pencil sharpener - a small flap opens on the bottom of the storage box and the sharpener is kind of hidden away.

The pencils come in a sturdy plain cardboard box so I would recommend getting a pencil roll or some other container for the pencils. They're a little hard to see and get out of the cardboard box. There are two rows of 18 pencils in the box. One set has a lift-out tray. It would have been nice to have two lift-out trays.

I was glad to see there were quite a few (5 that I would consider brown) brown shades of pencils. That's a color I've seen lacking in other sets and you need them for skin tones. Plus there's some peachy tones that can be used for skin tones.

I use these in adult coloring books and the color goes on smoothly.

The box is marked MARCO as the brand name.

I consider the price to be reasonable ($12.99 today). That is right at $.36 per pencil.

I am glad that I received these colored pencils in exchange for my unbiased review.

The Eighth Day
The Eighth Day
by Joseph John
Price: $13.49
23 used & new from $11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. - Corrie Ten Boom, April 19, 2016
This review is from: The Eighth Day (Paperback)
THE EIGHTH DAY starts out in New York City in 2041. Shawn Jaffe is quietly eating breakfast at a restaurant when a crazy-looking man approaches him and tells him everything he believes about himself is not true. And it turns out the man wasn't crazy.

This is a fast-paced action thriller that caught my interest on the first page and held it until a very satisfying ending.

It reminded me in places of TOTAL RECALL, SURROGATES, and THE TERMINATOR. It's different from all three of those movies but at certain places in the book, I'd get a flashback of one of those movies.

The author did a great job of keeping all the pieces together - keeping the plot cohesive. I liked the twists, turns, blind alleys, and adventure vacations the author took us on.

This was a story that got me thinking and kept the suspense ramped up throughout the whole tale. I am already looking forward to Joseph John's next book. I'm usually an advocate for stand-alone novels but in this case I wouldn't mind reading more about the protagonists in this story.

And it doesn't hurt at all that the author has a military background. It shows in some of the writing. And I have a soft spot for USMA at West Point grads like the author - one of my sons graduated from there.

I am glad that I received this book from Obsidian Dawn through Net Galley in exchange for my unbiased review.

War Hawk: A Tucker Wayne Novel
War Hawk: A Tucker Wayne Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. - Josh Billings, April 19, 2016
As I mentioned in my review of the first book in this series THE KILL SWITCH, I started out reading James Rollins' stand-alone books, like EXCAVATION and DEEP FATHOM and loved his writing. Then he got started on the Sigma Force series. I read the first few but just couldn't keep up over the years, plus they all were too similar in my opinion.

When I heard about this new series about Tucker and Kane, I was excited to try it out. And I'm glad I did. The husband of a good friend of mine was an Air Force K9 handler so I heard many cool stories from him and also got to see him work with his dog a few times. Amazing!

But I didn't like this book as much as THE KILL SWITCH. It seems like Rollins is headed down the same old path. When I heard about this series I wanted to read mostly about a man and his super intelligent dog. But it seems like the Sigma Force formula just can't be escaped.

Kane is still an amazing dog. This story takes us wandering around the world again - all across the U.S., Trinidad, Serbia. I do enjoy the travel sequences. They make me feel like I was right THERE, in the middle of the action.

But this book just felt too similar to THE KILL SWITCH and to the Sigma Force series.

And the characters, other than Tucker and Kane, felt one-dimensional and vague. There weren't any I felt particularly drawn to.

I will probably try one more in the series but if it's the same old, same old I won't read any more.

NOTE: I received this book from William Morrow Books through Edelweiss in exchange for my unbiased review.

Formeu Women's Solid Cotton Everyday Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Socks 6-Pack
Formeu Women's Solid Cotton Everyday Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Socks 6-Pack
Offered by Formeu
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice no-show socks that wick moisture away from my feet, April 19, 2016
As we are getting closer to Spring and Summer (FINALLY) I needed some socks that were comfortable but not too warm. I have plenty of wool socks but I needed socks like these to wear during the warmer months. And yes, even though I live in Oregon, it can get very hot (100 degrees and over) for many days in a row.

These socks are perfect because they wick the sweat away from my feet.

They are also machine washable and though they say to hang dry the socks, I used a low temperature tumble dry with no noticeable shrinkage.

I like that I was able to get a varied pack of colors on the socks - two pair each of white, grey and black.

I have size 9.5/10 feet, depending on the shoes and these socks fit perfectly. They don't slide down in my shoes and the toes are comfortable.

I am glad that I received these socks in exchange for my unbiased review.

Hair Brush, ASAPS Portable Small Travel Size Wooden Hair Brush / Massage Comb
Hair Brush, ASAPS Portable Small Travel Size Wooden Hair Brush / Massage Comb
Offered by ASAPS
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice size to carry in purse or backpack, April 19, 2016
This is the perfect size to carry in my purse or backpack. It is 5 3/8" long x 2 3/4" wide at its widest point.

The hole in the handle of the brush helped me to hold on to the brush (since it does have such a short handle) while I was brushing my hair. I have long, thick hair and this brush even works on it.

The brush is made out of wood and the "bristles" on the brush are even little wooden pegs.

This would be a great stocking stuffer at Christmas time.

I am glad I received this brush in exchange for my unbiased review.

[Lifetime Warranty] InaRock Vanity 6-Inch Double-Sided Battery-Operated Lighted and 3X Magnifying Makeup Mirror, Polished Chrome Finish [Note:Batteries not included]
Offered by InaRock Direct
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hefty, attractive two-sided vanity mirror, April 19, 2016
First of all, this mirror was packaged well with Styrofoam inserts so that it arrived unbroken and unscratched.

I was surprised how heavy the mirror is - which is what I wanted. You probably aren't going to accidentally knock this off your bathroom counter or your vanity table. It has a round base, which is where the three AA batteries go (not included) and that's where the on-off toggle switch is.

The entire mirror is 11 3/8" tall. It has a double-sided mirror. One side is single power and the other side magnifies 3x normal. Each mirror has a light ring all the way around the mirror when turned on. Each mirror face is 4 9/16" in diameter - a little smaller than I expected but quite a bit of space is taken up by the lighting apparatus.

The mirrors swivel 360° on the chrome arms of the mirror stand and the mirror stays in place wherever you turn it to.

This is going to look perfect on my daughter-in-law's vanity table. I think she'll be very pleasantly surprised.

I am very glad I received this mirror in exchange for my unbiased review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20