Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Cheryl Stout > Reviews

Browse

Cheryl Stout's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2797
Top Reviewer Ranking: 582

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cheryl Stout "broiderqueen - army mama" RSS Feed (Southern Oregon)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MIU COLOR® Foldable Large Picnic Blanket - Waterproof and Sandproof, for Outdoor & Beach & Camping & More
Offered by MIU COLOR Shop
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this picnic blanket, May 26, 2016
This is a super picnic blanket. It folds up into a very carryable size with a heavy-duty double sewn handle and is held closed by a very sticky 7" strip of Velcro.

It unfolds easily and re-folds not quite as easily (I'm glad there are pictured instructions on how to re-fold it on the Amazon details page). It took me just a couple of minutes to fold it back up, though.

The bottom side is waterproof, which makes it perfect on sandy beaches and damp lawns. The top is NOT waterproof. You can wipe stuff off of it and even use soap and water and a cloth to wipe it off but if you spill - say a glass of red wine on it - it's going to stain.

And it's NOT machine washable or dryable. Rinse it off, scrub at the spots, and then line dry.

It's perfect for us, also, as a picnic table cover when we go trailer camping. It's heavy enough that it doesn't blow away easily.

And it's attractive - striped with blue, red, white, and brown stripes of varying widths.

To visualize the size, it's a little bigger than our queen-sized bed. The picnic blanket measures 6'7" x 4'9". Both my husband and I are tall so this is a huge plus for us.

This is a super deal ($19.99 today). I wish I had one of these years ago.

I am very glad I received this picnic blanket in exchange for my unbiased review.

YEX Womens Envelope Evening Patent Croc Skin Embossed Party Flap Clutch Red
YEX Womens Envelope Evening Patent Croc Skin Embossed Party Flap Clutch Red
Offered by FashionLifeCN
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for evenings out, May 26, 2016
This is a beautiful very RED clutch wallet. It is patent leather, very shiny, and I would be afraid of damaging the outer surface if I carried it in my purse. That is why I will be using it as an evening clutch.

It is a red trifold wallet with the upper part being patent leather with a crocodile print. The bottom part of the front and the entire back are plain shiny patent leather. The inside portions that show are red pebbled leather, I assume.

There are 11 credit card slots, a windowed slot for your ID/driver's license, and two long slots for cash, receipts, tickets or ?? There is a wider pocket in the middle that fits my Samsung Galaxy phone perfectly (it doesn't have a thick case on it) and also a zippered compartment for change or ??

There is a pretty gold colored snap closure on the front that holds tightly, even with my phone inside.

I am not sure whether this is RFID protected. I couldn't find anywhere or anything that says it is.

But this IS a beautiful clutch that will go with a lot of my clothes and is a decent price ($19.99 today).

I am glad that I received this red clutch in exchange for my unbiased review.

EXPAWLORER Squeeze Squeaky Toys Pet Cute Plush Hedgehog Doll for Dogs and Cats 8 Inches
Offered by EXPAWL
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but my dogs are wimps, May 25, 2016
I really like this squeaky hedgehog toy. I used to have a pet hedgehog named Piggy and this reminds me of him.

It is made well, with no open seams and the eyes are sewn on. I took one star off because the nose is a separate cone-shaped piece that is sewn in place and looks like it could come off with a couple of good chews.

I now have two miniature schnauzers - who are wimps. They were halfway interested when they saw the little face but turned tail and ran when I squeaked it.

It seems they are only interested in items that don't move - like our furniture.

So, because it is so cute, I am going to give it to my 4 year-old granddaughter.

I received this dog toy in exchange for my unbiased review.

Peralng® Multicolor 80pcs Super Dual Tips Pen Marker Point Set Alcohol Oily Marker Pen Five Generations Graphic Art Hand Painted Draft Pencil Comic and Animation Design White
Offered by Forever Forward
Price: $89.25
2 used & new from $56.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, fun for the artist in the family, May 25, 2016
This is a super set of dual ended alcohol oil markers. One end is a fine tip; the other end makes almost a 1/4" wide mark. There are 80 markers in a self-storing case and that is a lot of colors.

Each end of the markers are securely capped so the ink doesn't evaporate too quickly. Each end is color coded to the color inside the marker and they seem to match up well to the color they actually produce. Also, each end has a number and a color name.

The major thing I don't know is if Peralng lets you buy replacement markers and if the colors match up all the time, which would be an important factor to serious artists.

The markers come in a black, durable case. There are no dividers in the case so the markers are jumbled together. But the case is well made, is rectangular, and has a top that zips 3/4 of the way off. There is also a carrying handle on the top of the case. On the front of the case in white letters is: TOUCHNEW® 80PCS

The markers are 6" long. The case is 8" wide x 6 5/8" tall x 4" thick.

I am glad that I received these markers in exchange for my unbiased review.

FORESEEX Kids Girls FSX-519G Water Resistant with Back Light Alarm Digital Sports Wrist Pink Watch
Offered by Foresee
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 4 year-old granddaughter, May 24, 2016
This is a great beginning watch for my 4 year-old granddaughter (and I got the blue one for her twin brother).

The directions are fairly plain. They could be a little bigger for older eyes to see.

The numbers on the watch are big and easy to see, both for the time and the date. Along the top of the watch - showing the days of the week - are spaces with little animals for every day of the week.

I like that the watch is water resistant and the favorite thing for both twins is the light they can push (they have always liked that option on my watch).

I am glad that I received this watch in exchange for my unbiased review.

FSX-521B Kids Boys Blue Sports Digital Water Resistant LED Eye Wrist Watches
FSX-521B Kids Boys Blue Sports Digital Water Resistant LED Eye Wrist Watches
Offered by Foresee
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 4 year-old grandson, May 24, 2016
This is a great beginning watch for my 4 year-old grandson (and I got the pink one for his twin sister).

I am glad that I received this watch in exchange for my unbiased review.

Damero Cavas Pencil Wrap of 36 Color Pencils, Roll Case for Pen, Travel Pencil Holder(No Pencil Included), Green Peony
Offered by Damai
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, attractive, May 24, 2016
I've had other pencil cases and this is the most attractive one I've had. I got the Green Peony design holding 36 pencils.

It is made out of heavy-duty canvas, two layers, with the colored designed layer on the outside and a plain ecru color on the inside. It measures 18 1/2" long x 7 3/4" wide with a 1 7/8" flap at the top.

I put 36 colored pencils in it (not included) and they fit perfectly. There's a 1" wide piece of elastic sewn lengthwise across the holder with pencil slots sewn in. The tips of the pencils go up under the flap on the top of the holder. There is room in the elastic strip at either end to hold an eraser or a pencil sharpener.

The holder is sewn well with nice straight seams and even stitches. The holder folds well over the pencils and you then can tie it closed with two heavy-duty rope cords.

I am glad that I received this pencil holder in exchange for my unbiased review.

City of the Lost: A Thriller (Casey Duncan Novels)
City of the Lost: A Thriller (Casey Duncan Novels)
by Kelley Armstrong
Price: $17.76
54 used & new from $10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars I got lost but look what I found. - Irving Berlin, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I loved this book. It's crazy and mixed up, kind of a cross between LOST and WAYWARD PINES but without a supernatural element.

Casey Duncan is a homicide detective - who killed a man years ago, a man who deserted her while she was being beaten almost dead because of his past transgressions.

Casey's best friend Diana has a knack for choosing the wrong men and her ex is the most abusive of all.

When the past catches up to both of them, they are given a second chance. They will be moved to a beyond-remote town in the wilds of northern Canada. There they will live for a set amount of time, earning their keep in the community.

Casey is needed as a detective because people are being murdered and Dalton, the Sheriff, and Anders, his deputy, haven't been able to solve the cases.

And, since Diana was an accountant before and that's not needed, she gets to sew. Bummer!

So, no more details of the story. Just know that I thought characterization was done very well. I was able to visualize each character - and either like them or hate them or feelings in between. The storyline was way out there but I loved it. The setting was cool.

There wasn't much I didn't like about this story. I didn't figure out the bad guy until the very end of the book and that's a plus.

I do believe this is the first book in a new series by author Armstrong so I will be looking forward to reading more about our protagonist and the town of Rockton.

Leaving Blythe River: A Novel
Leaving Blythe River: A Novel
by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Price: $8.26
35 used & new from $7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming coming-of-age story, May 24, 2016
I've been a fan of author Catherine Ryan Hyde for quite a few years now. I can always depend upon her stories touching my heart.

LEAVING BLYTHE RIVER is a super coming-of-age story. It seems the trend nowadays that if there are any adolescents in a story to call it a coming-of-age story. Well, this one actually is.

Ethan Underwood is not having a good year. First of all, he's 17 years old and looks like he's probably 12. He's small, thin, and about as unathletic as he can be. It doesn't help that both of his parents are super athletic, especially his father.

Some terrible circumstances happen (some involving his father) and Ethan ends up living in Avery, Wyoming with his father (they're from New York City) near the Blythe River Wilderness area. Talk about feeling out of place.

Then one morning, his dad Noah, heads out on one of his long runs and doesn't come back.

Ethan has some grown-up decisions to make and with the help of some neighbors ends up going into the Wilderness to try to find his father.

What a story this is! It was everything I wanted it to be. It has memorable characters, gorgeous descriptive sections about a state that I love, and Ethan is a protagonist that I will remember for a long time. I also loved that author Hyde didn't cut the story off short.

This would be a perfect book for a book discussion group to read. And this is a book I have on pre-order so I can have it for my library - so I can re-read it many times in the future.

I received this book from Lake Union Publishing through Net Galley in exchange for my unbiased review.

Tonor Multifunction Waterproof Military Metal Sighting Compass For Hiking Camping Climbing Biking
Offered by TONOR
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Military-like compass, May 23, 2016
My husband did this review since he's the tech guy in the house and he was also in ROTC in high school:

It's been 40+ years since I was in map reading classes so I can't really say how good this compass is for navigation through wilderness country on foot.

It seems pretty well-made. It has a lanyard so it can be hung on a backpack but the lanyard interferes with the bottom of the compass if you want to set it down on a flat surface. The compass won't sit flat. The compass has a level with a bubble in it to use to keep it level. The compass has to be level for it to work right.

The cover has a sight in it and the base of the compass has a sight to look through to see the degrees when you line them up on a distant object but you can't tell if the compass isn't level.

The compass would be good to have in the car when you're lost on the back roads or when it's dark and you're not sure which way you're going. Even GPS isn't always dependable.

The main thing I didn't like is the manual. They could've made it a little bigger and easier to read and it still would fit in the box.

We received this compass in exchange for an unbiased review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20