Profile for L. Zhou > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Zhou RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wera 932/6 Kraftform Plus Screwdriver Set and Rack, 6-Pieces
Wera 932/6 Kraftform Plus Screwdriver Set and Rack, 6-Pieces
Price: $43.64
9 used & new from $40.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong screwdrivers, April 30, 2013
Very nice screw driver set indeed.
There are two minor problems.
The smallest screw driver has a plastic cover, unlike the other five screwdrivers in the kit.
The tip of all drivers are painted black. What is the point of black paint on non-magnetic screwdriver? It reminds me of cheap knock off screw drivers.
I wish these screw drivers are made in Germany.
For screwdriver/chizel combination, these are the best. But for insulated screw drivers, I would recommend Wiha over Wera.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2014 11:17 PM PDT

TCP 48909C 9-watt 2700-Kelvin Full Springlamp CFL
TCP 48909C 9-watt 2700-Kelvin Full Springlamp CFL
Offered by Light Bulbs Etc, Inc.
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars compact size, January 25, 2013
I like these light bulbs due to their small size. The total length of this light bulb is 1/4" shorter than a regular candelabra light bulb. Its diameter is comparable to a small globe shaped light bulb.

Anker Uspeed Dual-Band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) Wireless-N Router 300Mbps - Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not expect much from this router, November 27, 2012
First of all, it is a cheap dual band router, and it works.

My setup experience is not very smooth. First problem is with the gateway address 192.168.0.1, which is different from my usual 192.168.1.1 address. Fortunately, the router ip address can be changed. Otherwise I had to reset my printer ip, which was set to a LAN address starting with 192.168.1.

My tp-link wireless 802.11n WiFi adapter for desktop could not connect to this router in the WPA encryption mode. The connection can only be established with WEP encryption. Then the connection speed is limited to 802.11g. I am not sure how long I would use this router if the link speed is not properly addressed.

The third problem is the power and range. This router comes with a 5V/1A DC adapter, while my old ASUS router comes with a 12V/1A adapter. The transmit power of this router is lower, and the range is noticeably shorter. I had to mount this router at 6' tall on my wall in order to cover my house. The power adapter cord length is a bit too short, and the mounting holes are too small for #8 screws. It makes you wonder if the designer have ever mounted this router vertically at all.

Hopefully Upspeed will provide a new firmware to fix the connection problem.

Update: my WEP WiFi adapter is now connected to the router with WPA-2 encryption after upgrading router firmware. However, the link data rate is 81Mbps, not 300Mbps.

Update: After two month of usage, I need to reboot this router everyday in order to stay connected. I don't mind to have a cheap router which slows down when two people are watching Youtube at the same time. But it has to be stable and does not needs constant power reset. This router is going back to the seller after my new one arrives.

Update: Received a replacement router from the seller. The new one seems to work fine.

Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Price: $25.99
75 used & new from $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Go ahead if you want to destroy your knife, September 20, 2012
The quickest way to destroy a decent knife is by using this "sharpener". Buy yourself a rough (~300)and a fine (~1000 grit) sharpening stones, and the results are night and day.

King Brand Deluxe Waterstone, 1200 Grit
King Brand Deluxe Waterstone, 1200 Grit
Offered by Group Four Int'l
Price: $31.50
5 used & new from $31.23

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, July 29, 2012
I use this stone to restore my kitch knifes to stock sharpness. For the chipped knife, I would use a lower grit stone to restore the bevel first, and use this stone to polish the edge. The final touch is performed on a horse hide strop with the woodstock (the cheap one) 1-pound buffing compound.

Pentel Client Automatic Pencil, 0.5mm, 1-Pack (AL905BP)
Pentel Client Automatic Pencil, 0.5mm, 1-Pack (AL905BP)
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $7.35
4 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit too thick, July 24, 2012
Pencil is made in China. The build quality is OK, but not great. I ordered three pencils in one package, and one of the three barrels needs to be glued. The metal tip of pencil is retractive, which is good for the pocket.

This pencil barrel feels too thick, and is pretty heavy. It may be all right as a ball pen, but IMHO not a good fit as a 0.5mm pencil. The dispenser is slow compare to other pental pencils I have used.

I would recommend the Twist III and geardraft 500 over this pencil.

Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop Mouse and Keyboard Combo
Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop Mouse and Keyboard Combo
Price: $69.99
118 used & new from $39.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse, but so so keyboard, July 20, 2012
Used this keyboard and mouse for about year. The mouse is excellent in ergonomics. The battery life is very good, and range is also fine.

The keyboard is too stiff. It may be better than my stock Lenovo keyboard, but not as good as a stock HP keyboard in terms of stroking depth and feel.

The mouse deserve 5 stars, and the keyboard deserve 3 stars IMHO.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit in my dusk to down light fixture, July 18, 2012
I tried regular cfl in my outdoor dusk to down light fixture, and regular CFL will fail in two month. Put this one in, and it lasted more than a year already.

TCP 19032 32-watt 2700-Kelvin 3-Way Springlamp CFL Light Bulb
TCP 19032 32-watt 2700-Kelvin 3-Way Springlamp CFL Light Bulb
Offered by The Hamlet Lighting Group
Price: $11.96
5 used & new from $11.96

4.0 out of 5 stars 14W level is useless, July 18, 2012
This light bulb works. However, in the 14w mode the light bulb makes a humming sound, and the light is purple. In the 19w mode, the light is warm ( a tint of yellow), and there is no humming sound. In the 32w mode, the light is yellow.
I will stick to the 19w and 32w mode.

2x G4 13-smd 5050 Led 3000k~3500k Warm White 12v / 2.5w Bulb Lamp
2x G4 13-smd 5050 Led 3000k~3500k Warm White 12v / 2.5w Bulb Lamp
Offered by Sencart
Price: $3.99
2 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dim light, July 18, 2012
this light is no match to a 20W halogen light. Bought this one for a Ikea desk lamp. With the halogen light, I can not look at the light bulb. But with this one, I can stare at the light bulb for three seconds. This light bulb also flickers inthe Ikea lamp base.
Not sure if the light is driven properly. But don't buy this light for the Ikea lamp base, which gives an AC output.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4