Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for R. Straw > Reviews

Browse

R. Straw's Profile

Customer Reviews: 219

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Straw RSS Feed (MO United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NFL Kansas City Chiefs Dangle Earrings
NFL Kansas City Chiefs Dangle Earrings
Price: $7.66
6 used & new from $1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Charms!, May 14, 2014
I took them apart, and used the charm as knitting stitch markers. Awesome price!!! I love them, they are the perfect size.

TRUEtest Test Strips, 100 Count
TRUEtest Test Strips, 100 Count
Offered by Buy Wholesale Prices
Price: $16.75
24 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, May 14, 2014
I'm not diabetic, but I check my fingerstick for trends.At Walgreens, these cost $25 for 25 strips. Here they are $19.99, for 100. The expiration date is 01/17/2017.I like to know which food does what.

This exact bottle would be triple this amount at Wal-greens.

Get a good drop, and measure your blood glucose. The machine was only $19.99.

I'm so pleased with this purchase. Will purchase again. Thanks, Amazon for selling these.

Werther's Original Mini Sugar Free Hard Candy, 1.48-Ounce Flip Top Boxes (Pack of 24)
Offered by DiabeticFriendly LLC, Great Quality Sugarfree Chocolates, Candy, Condiments & More
Price: $39.48
2 used & new from $39.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Darned Good, takes alot to have the "effect", May 12, 2014
As a nurse, some of my patients are prescribed sorbitol. Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol, and produces...results.

I bought these, "Oh cool, sugar free Werther's."

I got it home, And ate one, delicious. Then I remembered a situation I encountered with sugar free natural Twizzler's.

So, I waited till one day when I was constipated, and decided to eat 6 of them. 6 of them didn't take care of the situation. I'm thinking it takes 10. People don't eat these for the laxative effect, but they are probably useful if eaten for that purpose considering the ingredients. I might try that the next time I need something. But they taste good nonetheless. I'll update if I feel a need to use a laxative to "go." The sugarfree natural red Twizzlers and sugar free Jelly Belly's have a stronger laxative effect. Sugar free natural Twizzlers made me nearly explode, and I had no idea sorbitol was an ingredient.

6 of these caused my stomach to rumble. ...who knows how many it takes to get the actual effect?

Retro 51 Disney® Slim Vintage Mickey Deluxe Whoopee Ball Point Pen
Retro 51 Disney® Slim Vintage Mickey Deluxe Whoopee Ball Point Pen

2.0 out of 5 stars No choice in color?, May 6, 2014
The pictured pen is a yellow pen. Retro 51 makes wonderful writing instruments. I guess color was no choice. Pen is wonderful, but not as pictured. I received the sky blue pen when the picture shows the yellow pen which is what I had expected to receive. I received the sky blue pen. It's aesthetically not as cute as the yellow pen. But I love Retro 51 pens.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 11:30 AM PDT

Aloe 80 Organics Skin Soothing Aloe Gel, 16 Ounce
Aloe 80 Organics Skin Soothing Aloe Gel, 16 Ounce
Offered by Blue Herbs
Price: $11.35
12 used & new from $8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Use with Nuface!!, April 30, 2014
I have a Nuface device, and the gel that comes with the device is over $12.00 for a wee 2 ounce tube. It says in the NNuface instructions you can use clear aloe,and I saw on another review here on Amazon, someone ordered this.

I love it! It doesn't dry as quick, it is in a huge container, and you can use it as you need, instead of having the Nuface gel dry on you,and using tons of the product. With the Aloe gel, no need to wash it off after using the Nuface, and I love the conductivity.conductivity. Infact, I think this works better than the gel. It's odorless and, perfectly clear.

With summer coming up.aloe has a second use. If we get sunburned, I can pull out my bottle. This is a great buy,and I will buy it again.

NEBO Folding Lock-Blade Utility Knife #5517 Limited Warranty
NEBO Folding Lock-Blade Utility Knife #5517 Limited Warranty
Offered by Bordallo Outdoor Products
Price: $7.87
11 used & new from $2.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, April 30, 2014
I bought this for my son, who works in a diary department at a grocery store.He uses a cuter all day long. He wasn't using it, the other day when I went in the store. I asked him why.

He explained, the blade seems to be loose and falls out, or falls forward. He showed it to me, how the blade gets loose throughout the morning. It happens pretty quick. My thoughts are, there's something wrong with the screw area.It did work well for about 5 days.

This might be pretty dangerous.He's tried tightening it,and the blade area comes loose. I'm really not very happy with the purchase. I wouldn't buy another one. Well, it's cheap.. It's too late to return it, so I told him to toss it. He's probably better off, rather than cutting his arm.

NuFACE Microcurrent Toner for Lifting and Toning the Face
NuFACE Microcurrent Toner for Lifting and Toning the Face

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love..except the gel, I don't love the gel, April 23, 2014
I bought the blue model from the Nuface website during their sale a couple of weeks ago. My eyelash technician who is an aesthetician, raves about Nuface. I complained about my round face, and she suggested Nuface. I have a round face. I workout, but my face stays round. I considered going to Sonobello's (chin lipo). My face looks like a chipmunk, and my chin continues to be doubled. My chin makes my face looks like a round rubber ball. I bought the device, watched the Youtube videos, and began to use it.

I'm taking pictures. After one week, my face is thinning down, not round or puffy. You can really see it in the mirror. I was using it exactly as written, but now I use it 4 times instead of 3 times, as the instructions say.

I have a sample of Clinic serum, which did nothing for me, so I use it before I do the Nuface. Then I use the conductive gel (oh so little, it's lame, the gel is my only complaint.), on just the area I am working on. I do the sides of my neck, my chin, both cheeks, the sides of my eyes, and my forehead in 3 parts.

It doesn't take 5 minutes, more like 20. I've had it a week, and haven't skipped a night. 2-3 times a week, I exfoliate with the Ulta version of Clairsonic, with Oil of Olay Regenerist cleanser before using the Nuface.. You can't use a cleanser with oil. Using the sample of Clinque serum really makes a difference. I'm not about to pay $132 for a serum only to use it with Nuface.I might get the Nuface Serum, on Amazon it's slightly affordable.

I ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016AZE4K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 because throughout these reviews, I've read where others have done the same. It even suggests Aloe gel in the instructions, which is cheaper than Nuface by far. At this point, I wash my face after, Then I use Oil of Olay Regenerist serum, which is worthy of what it does.

When i begin using the Aloe gel, I won;t wash my face after.

Using the device 4 times on my face, instead of 3, has firmed it up. It's starting to not look like a rubber ball, Infact, I can really see a difference which is nearly phenomenal. It looks like I had Sonobello or Botox.. The Nuface Classic is a keeper, for the price I got it at. I also added a 2 year protection program, due to the reviews here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2016 5:19 PM PST

Spring Step Women's Lollipop Clog,Blue Multi Leather,39 EU/8.5 M US
Spring Step Women's Lollipop Clog,Blue Multi Leather,39 EU/8.5 M US
Offered by shoozforu
Price: $98.95
7 used & new from $96.00

5.0 out of 5 stars In Love!!!, April 16, 2014
I've been wanting a pair of Alegrio, and to replace my 7 year old El Naturalistas. I will be replacing then locally, but that's what was on my mind when I saw these. These came under El Naturalista in an Amazon search. I looked up the Springstep company, and noticed they had the features, like El Naturalistas shoes-molding innersole, leather, and a wide toe box. They are also sold for much more on sites who sell shoes for orthopedic purposes. El Naturalista, Danskos, Birkenstocks all corrected my plantars fascitis. So I bought these Springsteps on Amazon for a fraction of the cost on the orthopedic shoe website.

I knew to buy a size 39...I wear a size 7, but a size 39 in El Naturalistas. There must be room in the toe box cause of the molding of the innersole, and the heel needs to be about 1/4-1/2 inch longer in a clog type shoe, than your foot, I've had shoes fitted to me. So I ordered a size 39 in Spring Steps.

Don't even look at the size chart on these shoes. The chart isn't correct to United States shoes. The dimension of the shoe, and size of the shoe box is how you determine the size of European sized shoes.

These are adorable. I love the colors, they are fun shoes to wear. Great for any season. What I have no use for, except for decorative, is the heel strap. It doesn't stay where it's put, and I'd not use it anyway. It makes the shoe look buckled. I like the buckled look on the boarder of the shoe, it looks refined and decorated.

The fit is exactly as I described. If you are contemplating ordering Spring Steps,I totally suggest before ordering these, go and try on a pair of Alegrio, have them fitted, then, order these. Don't worry about the size number=USA shoe sizes. These are made smaller, but fit me exactly as they should. I like these so much, I'm tempted to order the blue pair.

Rhodia Wirebound Pad 8.25x11.75, Lined, Orange
Rhodia Wirebound Pad 8.25x11.75, Lined, Orange
Offered by VirVentures
Price: $10.23
9 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Fan, April 4, 2014
When I tried to find a Rhodia notebook locally, I was out of luck. I turned to Amazon, cause I'm prime, and can get it quickly. I ordered this, and the 9 x 11 3/4.

The paper is gorgeous, lined with a light blue and heavy enough that both my Metropolitan fountain pen, and Parallel fountain pen for calligraphy has no bleed through.The spirals are black, with perforation that easily tear. The cardboard cover is thick, and durable.....aah...Rhodia, where have you been all my life? I can go on and on why I love this paper, and notebook.

The tooth is soft, like velvet, and writing on this paper feels important, if there's a way for paper to feel important. The paper feels like a classic journal, and is heavier, by far, than the Staples Arc system. Fine writing paper in a spiral notebook....

I am now a fan of Rhodia. If I have to order it from Amazon, I will.

Pilot Metropolitan Collection Fountain Pen, Gold Barrel, Dots Design, Medium Nib, Black Ink (91106)
Price: $18.75
5 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful First Time Fountain Pen, April 4, 2014
I was referred to this pen by the Fountain Pen Community on Google Plus. It is my first real fountain pen. It measures up to atleast what I think a good pen should be.

It is easy to refill with a Pilot Cartridge and totally changed what I perceived fountain pens as being complicated. Ink is inexpensive. I've not tried the converter with it as I don't own any bottled ink.

The nib is medium, but writes very nicely and fluidly. It's not a thick writing medium, but a more thin medium. And it doesn't produce a heavy looking script. I tested the ink after it dried with a touch of water, and didn't experience running. If used on quality paper (Rhodia, Clairefontaine), there is no bleed through. I will clean it once a month, or after a cartridge change as I've read it's very important to any fountain pen.

The nib is etched. To be honest with you, I like to look at the engraving on the nib.

It is weighted nicely for my hand. I never get a sore wrist from writing with it.

The dot etching is a nice touch. It is frosted gold for the finish.

Best of all, it's a Pilot. You can never go wrong with the Namaki company. Granted it's under $20, but it looks distinct, and even feels distinct. I own a Pilot Ageless Future ball point, The Metropolitan makes a wonderful addition to my Pilot family.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20