Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Mark Smith > Reviews

Browse

Mark Smith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Smith RSS Feed

Gemmy 39127-32 Deluxe Outdoor Inflatable Movie Screen, 12-Ft. Widescreen
Gemmy 39127-32 Deluxe Outdoor Inflatable Movie Screen, 12-Ft. Widescreen
Price: $209.00
10 used & new from $148.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome family fun., July 20, 2014
I bought this system when the system I wanted jumped in price. I am amazed at the size. The kids love it. Since it is an inflatable, it seems to add to the family fun environment. It goes up in minutes, and comes with 8 tethers for the inflatable plus eight anchors for the two fans. It is extremely well designed. We have used it twice so far this summer, and plan many more movie nights in the pool.

You can see the fold lines in the screen if you look for them, but in reality, they are hard to notice as you get engrossed in the movie. The darker the evening, the greater contrast in the projection, the less you can see the folds. Probably has more to do with the quality of the projector--mine is getting rather old...

Like many of the other reviews, I find it easier to store it in a large plastic tub rather than the storage duffle that came with it.

Confer Plastics Access Pool Step
Confer Plastics Access Pool Step
Offered by BW Incorporated
Price: $181.19
6 used & new from $181.19

5.0 out of 5 stars This step system exceeded my expectations, July 20, 2014
i just installed this system in my Intex 48" x 15' pool. It is a perfect fit attached to the deck surrounding the pool. It arrived sooner than I expected, so I decided to install it that night after getting home from work. The installation from start to finish took less than an hour. The whole family loves the new steps. It is so easy to get in and out of the pool, Plus, since the system is made of a plastic, there is no rust contamination in the pool as I had with the cheap ladder that came with the pool.

This system exceeded my expectations.

Montrail Men's Mountain Masochist GTX Trail Running Shoe,Blue Chip,11 M US
Montrail Men's Mountain Masochist GTX Trail Running Shoe,Blue Chip,11 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Performed well in a long, wet 50 miler ultra, June 9, 2014
I used this pair of shoes when I ran in the Rocky Raccoon 50 Miler. It rained for the first 3 hours of the run. It did an amazing job keeping the water out, even as I ran through deep running water. I ended up changing socks every 12-16 miles. Changing socks kind of soaked up what water was in the shoe. After the rain stopped, and I changed my socks, I was completely dry the rest of the run. No blisters...

The ankle of the shoe is a bit high, but it did not rub and blister. I've now put around 450 miles on these shoes, and they are still hold up well.

I have had shoes that bite into soggy mud a bit better, but all in all, when it that soggy, I know I am not going for speed.

Sightmark 5x Tactical Reflex/Holographic Slide to Side Magnifier
Sightmark 5x Tactical Reflex/Holographic Slide to Side Magnifier
Price: $119.79
51 used & new from $83.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Sightmark tells me it was designed for use with the Ultra Shot Pro Spec Red Dot sight, June 9, 2014
I bought this magnifier to go with the Sight Mark Ultra Shot red dot sight. I thought that since it was manufactured by the same company, they would work well together. It turns out, like many reviews, that the sight is blurry and contains many red dot ghost images. Bellow is the comments from their customer service.

When not pairing the Magnifier with a Pro-Spec unit you may need to loosen the hex nuts them move the magnifier around in the mount to find the best image of the reticle then shim it in that position. The Magnifiers are made for the Pro-Spec units and the lenses on those sights are contoured to match up with them perfectly..

SO...if you are buying them together, get the Pro Spec sight...

Other than that, i mounted the magnifier so it slips off to the left so it does not interfere with the charging handle. I also did not want the casings to eject into the magnifier.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great simple GPS watch, June 29, 2012
I've been running with this watch for a few weeks now, and I have to say it is pretty accurate. I bought this particular watch because I already have three foot sensors, and did not want to pay the extra $20 for the watch + sensor. I was using the sports band, but I lost it somewhere when it got caught on a branch and popped out of the band.

While I still have a great Garmin 305,I was tired of wearing a Garmin for the accuracy, and also wearing a Nike product so I can participate with the Nike online community. This watch allows me to do both with only one device.

When I received the watch, I went through the initial setup, and matched it to all of my sensors. I let it fully charge, then I set it aside for my next morning's run. When I got up, the watch was completely dead. I thought "on no, I should have listened to the reviews.". I pulled out my Garmin 305 and headed out.

Since then, I charged it again, and I have not had any problems. It seems like the first charge died quickly, but after that it is fine. Now I only charge it before my long Saturday morning runs.

Accuracy - it is very comparable to my Garmin 305. It consistently records about a tenth of a mile more than my Garmin over 10 miles.

It is waterproof to about 150 feet. I've run in the rain with no problem.

It is not a high end watch. It provides e basic features, but that is all I need. It does support interval training, which I thought was pretty good for this watch.

It is comfortable, slick, lightweight

I've gone on a few trail runs, and it seemed to do pretty well. I will likely stick to my Garmin for deep woods as I have been known to need my map feature to find my way back :).

Overall, I will be extremely happy with this watch as long as it holds up. I will report any problems if I have them.

Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit for iPod nano 3G (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sensor pouch I've used, and I used many..., October 12, 2008
I've run with the Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case for several months during my marathon training, and it is absolutely the best sensor pouch I have ever used. I've run with five different pouches, one of which I made. With some pouches, you are required to lace the pouch direct on to your shoes. This type of system absolutely secures your sensor, but if you are using a single sensor with multiple pairs of shoes, this it is not a practical approach. I've used other pouches that were clip-on or use similar Velcro strapping systems, but the clip-on I used wore my laces out prematurely, and the other Velcro systems did not hold well. My other observation of other pouches were that they were oversized. I bought pouches that claim to be Nike+ sensor adaptor pouches, but they looked more like a key pouch.

The Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case is a snug fit with the Nike+ sensor. The Velcro surface area is more than adequate to secure the pouch. The method of folding the sensor pouch back over itself helps keep the pouch where you install it, and works with the Velcro, not against it. Installing and uninstalling the pouch takes seconds. Without recalibrating the sensor, I get the exact same results with this pouch as receive when I run with a Nike+ shoe.

I've since given away or thrown out all of my other sensor pouches. This one is a keeper.