ARRAY(0x98ed030c)

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Miller RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2
AT&T TL88102 Dect 6.0 1-Handset 2-Line Landline Telephone
AT&T TL88102 Dect 6.0 1-Handset 2-Line Landline Telephone
Offered by aSavings
Price: $179.95
2 used & new from $179.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good phones, April 14, 2014
These are nice phones. Still haven't found fault with them after a couple months of use. Answering machine works great, too. If you order from this vendor, make sure to toss the air duster ASAP. The rubber offgasses something terrible and will stink up any room where you store it.

Nostalgia Electrics RRF325HNBLK Retro Series 3.1 Cubic Feet Compact Refrigerator Freezer
Offered by Price Cellar
Price: $211.99
18 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 14, 2014
This is a perfect little fridge for a small office. Keeps things nicely cold, doesn't ice up too fast, and is nicely stylish. Easy to assemble. This little guy will hold lunches and beverages for 2-3 people.

Electrohome 1.8 inch Jumbo LED Alarm Clock Radio with Battery Backup, Auto Time Set, Digital AM/FM Radio & Dual Alarm (EAAC302)
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: $24.99
8 used & new from $22.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great unit, instructions are terribad, April 14, 2014
This is a great unit. The dim settting for the numbers is actually dim enough to not light up the room. The digital tuner is great, as is the ability to change stations with a button. The settings for having the alarms work only on weekdays is a very nice tough. the dual alarm works perfectly.

the only drawback is the instructions are not exactly great. The clock has so many features and not all are explained well. Still can't get the two alarms to wake to different stations, but that's not that big a deal since switching stations is so easy.

Corsair RM Series 850 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply - CP-9020056-NA RM850
Price: $144.99
5 used & new from $144.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid, April 14, 2014
Rock solid Corsair performance. This is a great unit. Having the modular plugs make the install nicely clean. Noticeable power savings from the gold unit.

Toad Hollow Croaking Toad Statue
Toad Hollow Croaking Toad Statue
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $21.67
7 used & new from $17.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a smile, April 14, 2014
This litte guy does exactly as advertised... he croaks when folks walk by. We use it in the office setting since the first desk is way back in the back. My only wish would be for a setting to make him croak once or twice instead of three times.

DryCASE Waterproof Backpack for Laptops, Black/Blue (BP-35)
DryCASE Waterproof Backpack for Laptops, Black/Blue (BP-35)
Offered by Payless 'N Save
Price: $89.99
15 used & new from $88.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised more people don't use this bag, October 5, 2013
After working out of my house for 14 years, I'm now a bus commuter. This involves about a mile or so of walking to and from bus stops. I wanted something waterPROOF so my electronic gear (laptop, tablet, occasional camera/video gear) would have zero chance of getting wet. I looked at several purpose-built laptop bags, but only really expensive ones were water proof. I also looked at several other dry bag configurations -- including from REI and other local stores -- and ended up choosing this bag. So far, I'm very happy with the choice.

This bag is water-proof. It's a classic fold-top dry bag with pockets, netting, and a backpack harness welded on to the dry bag. It's not a backpack someone tried to waterproof. I think that's important for prospective buyers to understand and, in my view, an advantage.

OUSTIDE
The netting on the outside is what really attracted me to this bag. It's perfect for stuffing a collapsable umbrella -- wet or dry. I wanted an EXTERIOR pocket for this otherwise I'd be stuffing a wet umbrella inside with my electronic gear. The side mesh is perfect for stuffing the morning paper in, so I don't have to open up the bag or carry the paper in my hand to the bus stop. The other side panel is a series of strap loops you could use to strap anything to the side. I use it to mount red visibility flashers (I live in the part of Seattle with no sidewalks, so I have to walk in the roadway to get to my bus). My only quibble with the design is I wish there was a zippered compartment on the outside where I could store coins for the bus (in case I forget my card). There is an air-release valve on the bottom. This doubles as a water-release valve in case you use it in the field to pack water (NICE feature, BTW). Just make sure it's closed and you could set this thing in a really deep puddle with no worries. The valve is labeled so you can tell closed from open...

The harness looks and feels good, though anyone using this for hiking or biking will notice the lack of a chest strap (easily remedied). The meshing is a help, but this isn't a stand-off pack. It sits on your back. I don't use the hip straps, but I did try them and they are reasonably comfortable. The straps and connectors are of good quality. There are three ways to grab the bag from the top -- a welded wide strap, the folded top seal, and a fabric loop I use for hanging the bag on a standard coathook. All this makes it really easy to maneuver whether on or off your back -- important for a commuter who is climbing on and off buses.

INSIDE
This is not a padded laptop bag. If you're going to use it for a laptop bag, you're going to have to acquire a padded laptop sleeve. These are inexpensive and are almost always on sale somewhere. I'll note this is VERY common even in purpose-built laptop bags so I didn't see it as a deal breaker.

My laptop is a 15.6" and I purchased a very basic sleeve/laptop bag combo on clearance at BestBuy for $15. This protects my laptop and gives me a ton of little pockets to stuff things into. This slides snugly into this bag with no problem -- so I would **guess** a 17" laptop in a simple sleeve would also fit into the bag.

Once the laptop is inside, there is plenty of room for lunch and other gear -- though things tend to start getting a little top-heavy if you're really stuffing it.

There are two zippered compartments inside. One is best described as a coin & ID pouch. The other is long and relatively narrow. I haven't found a particular use for this, though if I had just bought a simple laptop sleeve this long zippered compartment is where I'd put all the laptop knicknacks.

OVERALL
I'm impressed given the price. I looked at bags at REI and a couple of other local outfitters and this bag has more features than bags considerably more expensive. The bag is clearly waterproof, which was #1 for me. All the stuff welded to the outside appears to be done well with only a reasonable amount of hanging threads (cut these, don't pull them) that only someone really picky would even notice. I love the blue color and all the external pockets. It is pretty much perfect for what I wanted. I've had a few fellow commuters ask me about the bag (hello if you're reading this!) and have seen one or two show up on my route since I bought mine. Who knew I'd be a trendsetter!

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so no comments yet on the durability.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy it direct, not from a reseller, July 11, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is not being sold by Cloud Imperium Games. If you visit their website at RobertsSpaceIndustries.com, you can get this package for less money and directly support the development of the game.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2013 3:52 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Woo Hoo!, February 26, 2013
We moved from a round dryer to this monster and wow, is it an improvement. Well-engineered and easy to use, this thing can dessicate anything quickly. We only have two beefs, and the work-arounds were so easy they don't merit a drop in stars. The first is the bottom drip pan does not come out for cleaning. Our workaround is to put one of the ParaFlexx drying sheets in the bottom. The other is considerable condensation collects under the unti while drying. The feet aren't tall enough just to slip a dishcloth under there, so we added some wodden feet to provide some clearance. You could also place the unit in an oversized cookie sheet. Looking forward to the end of garden season when we can rally give it a workout.

Heavyweight Black Giant Zipper Duffle Bag (X-Large)
Heavyweight Black Giant Zipper Duffle Bag (X-Large)
Offered by Go Commando Gear
Price: $29.49
7 used & new from $28.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Very large, February 26, 2013
Our outdoor Christmas decorations feature inflatables. We wanted something that breathed to store them. Some are 15' tall, hence the need for a Really big Bag. The biggest one of these was plenty big. The only confusion is you have to look closely at what you're ordering. You get only one bag (not the three pictured) and it isn't completely obvious on the ordering screen at first. The bag, however, was fabulous.

Foscam FI8909W-NA Wireless/Wired IP/Network Camera with 7 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67 Viewing Angle)
Offered by EpicVideo
Price: $53.49
11 used & new from $44.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother if you use a browser other than IE, September 5, 2011
We bought this unit to try and diagnose a pet behavior issue. The ability to hear and speak through the unit was critical to this use. After working through the installation (which was easy), we couldn't find anywhere to activate the 2-way audio and none of the screens we were seeing matched the screens in the manual.

Noticing there were some sections in the manual labeled "(Internet Explorer)" I opened the camera up in IE and there was the audio functionality. A message to the company on their suppoort forums confirms their cameras do not have full functionality unless you use IE. As near as I can tell, managing multiple cameras and recording is also IE-only.

So unless you use IE, avoid this camera.

Product rated 1 star because it is not functional in the majority of browsers used and because the product description, at least at the time I bought it, does not indicate the audio functionality (and other important functionality) is only available in IE.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2013 6:53 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2