Profile for Clapton Goon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clapton Goon "skc2002us" RSS Feed (Everett, WA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sony CFDS50 Portable CD, Cassette & AM/FM Radio Boombox
Sony CFDS50 Portable CD, Cassette & AM/FM Radio Boombox
Offered by Electronic Express
Price: $67.72
13 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, portable & good sound, August 21, 2014
The boombox was packaged well and plays great! We're now able to play cassettes we haven't converted to CD yet. The radio is nice to have too.

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones In Concert [40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Box Set] [3 LPs, 3 CDs + 1 DVD]
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $80.44
21 used & new from $42.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Docked two stars for no tour book as originally advertised., November 8, 2009
The LP's and bonus content make it a worthwhile purchase. Like others that pre-ordered this set though, I'm very disappointed that the tour book was not included. Love the B.B. King and Ike/Tina Turner sets. It's rare to get such a complete concert.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2009 8:59 AM PST

In Through The Out Door
In Through The Out Door
29 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 30 years later it still holds up, August 9, 2009
This review is from: In Through The Out Door (Vinyl)
I remember the first time I heard this album. I was a year out of high school and working a graveyard shift at a gas station. I believe I heard it either on KLOS 101 or KILT in Houston, TX as a new release midnight album. This was a very popular radio feature on FM in those days. However I regress. At the time I thought it was not up to the usual Zep standards as their first seven albums. Thirty years later methinks I jumped to conclusions. If you listen to Zeps albums over their careers you'll hear that above all things they were innovators. At the time of this release; disco was waning, punk was "dying", and "new wave" was really creating a resurgence in innovation. My point here is that disco didn't survive, punk became today's alternative, and new wave became irrelevant because it hasn't stood the test of time. ITTOD however has stood the test of time quite well. Is it their best? IMHO no. That title will always go to Physical Graffiti. All that said, I love the diversity on this album as I loved the same quality of PG. Other reviewers will give you a track by track breakdown to sway you one way or another. I simply say, kick back and listen to this and then tell me...does it hold up? Is it still innovative in it's sound? And my favorite meter as to whether I or anyone should by an album, do you like it? If you like it then all negative reviews be damned! We all still have the right not to be sheep but to follow our own internal compass. Which way is your compass pointing?

Truth & Beck-Ola
Truth & Beck-Ola
17 used & new from $11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Found hidden vinyl gem!, June 30, 2009
This review is from: Truth & Beck-Ola (Audio CD)
Ok folks, I already own both of these on CD but today found this gem on vinyl....together! It is Epic EG 33779, slightly worn cover, and VG vinyl. And the best part, I payed a wopping $3.98! I don't need to say anything about the albums themselves as they speak well already. If you love vinyl, don't forget to check used stores as well as Amazon sellers.

Tejas [Vinyl]
Tejas [Vinyl]
7 used & new from $3.22

4.0 out of 5 stars LP or CD...a no-brainer choice!, April 1, 2009
This review is from: Tejas [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
I first purchased this on CD and liked the songs despite the tinny sound quality. Yesterday I bought the LP in a used store and the difference is immediately clear. Frank Beard's drums are actual drums vice whatever they put on the CD. Now I know why that 1976 tour was THE SHOW to see back then. Easily one of their best albums and it should be heard on vinyl. Now, go get your LP!

Flight Log
Flight Log
32 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all the JA you'll ever need but what a place to start!, August 9, 2008
This review is from: Flight Log (Vinyl)
I came to be a JA fan late in life but I'm now reaping the benefits. In the last two years I've been fortunate enough to see Jorma Kaukonen solo, Hot tuna (acoustic), and Jefferson Starship play live. My only regret is that I didn't have the opportunity to see JA play live. That said, this double LP is a fantastic overview of all the incarnations of this legendary band. though I don't own The Worst of Jefferson Airplane, I believe this provides the listener a better cross section of an incredible decade of work. Please Grunt Records, reissue this on CD or even better a new vinyl release!

Mascara & Monsters - The Best Of Alice Cooper
Mascara & Monsters - The Best Of Alice Cooper
Price: $7.99
70 used & new from $1.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a true representation, August 4, 2008
Where are classic tracks such as Raped & Freezin', Halo of Flies, Ballad of Dwight Fry? A greatest hits is just that, the hits. A best of should represent what the artist believes are his best tracks regardless of chart status. I look forward to the apocalypse when maybe, just maybe, a label will get this format right.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2009 12:38 PM PST

Along Came A Spider
Along Came A Spider
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $11.64
40 used & new from $3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Coop, you're so sick!, August 3, 2008
This review is from: Along Came A Spider (Audio CD)
First let me say to those that don't think there's a single here....are you kidding? Vengeance is Mine sounds like a hit to me. Slash's guitar work adds that heavy metal edge to this outstanding track. Now that that is out of the way, this is Alice' most complete album in a long time. Far superior to Dirty Diamonds. Who else but twisted Alice could get away with writing a concept album about a serial killer named Spider. I'm on my third listen; first in my home stereo, then in my cd player using ipod headphones, and now with my Bose headphones. The sound is just raw enough to have a knife edge to it and the vocals are vintage Coop. Ozzy Osbourne co-writes and contributes harmonica on Wake the Dead. If there is a weak track I can't find it. Eric Singer plays the most solid I've heard in quite a while. Chuck Garric brings solid bass to every track and Danny Saber more than proves his worth. This is the album I've waited for and, though I've got it on cd, I can't wait for my vinyl copy!

P.S. Marilyn Manson is just a poseur! Long Live Alice!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2013 7:20 PM PDT

Modern Times
Modern Times
Price: $8.66
276 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Dylan classic!, January 20, 2007
This review is from: Modern Times (Audio CD)
What can I say that hasn't been said? Though not an out and out Dylan fan, (I know a man that can recite every lyric ever written), but how can I deny the greatness of not only this album but also the previous two? Not only is his voice aging very well but these songs stand alongside his classics. I'm just going to enjoy this, wait with anticipation for the next, and encourage even non-Dylan fans to buy this one.

Blows Against the Empire
Blows Against the Empire
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $10.00
39 used & new from $2.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Radiohead's family tree, March 1, 2006
Yeah I said it! Read my actual review on the 1990 release page. Love how cutting edge this is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3