Profile for Quazz&Blapp > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quazz&Blapp RSS Feed (California, USA)

Bear Motion ® Premium Folio Case with Detachable Bluetooth Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 II 2013 Version (Google Nexus 7 II FHD (2013), Black)
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $28.99
3 used & new from $23.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended (2013 Nexus 7), January 10, 2014
I received a Nexus 7 for Christmas and went to Best Buy the following day to buy a keyboard folio case for it. They didn't have any and told me none was made for specifically for the Nexus 7. I almost got a Zagg (I think it was Zagg) transformer for twice the cost of this Bear Motion case. I'm glad I could read the positive reviews on Amazon for this case and ordered one from Amazon sight unseen while I was still at Best Buy.

The Nexus 7 fits in the Bear Motion case perfectly and securely; no worries about is the tablet going to slip out. The Bluetooth connection was effortless.

The Bear Motion case is well built and feels good in the hand.

I would recommend this case to anyone and for the price it is a steal. That said, there are some nits, as detailed below in the spirit of completeness and full disclosure.

1- The keyboard is cramped. This is granted because of the limited "real estate." I type out fairly long emails with it daily and it works, even though I do find I hit the "?" key instead of the space-bar more than I would like. Regardless, I've never felt compelled to wait until I got to a larger keyboard (or screen) to type something long-ish like I would if I just had a phone with me. On the other hand, while I might have typed out this review on the Bear Motion keyboard, I chose not to simply because I had a full-sized keyboard easily accessible.
2- The power button and volume button are a tiny bit inaccessible behind the case. The power button is rarely needed due to the magnetic on/off when you open/close the case and it isn't too often one needs to change the volume; so, perhaps no foul. I only noticed it when I wanted to do a screen capture which require simultaneously pressing the power and volume down at the same time.
3- The clasp for securing the case closed is a bit awkward.
4- The kickstand is reluctant to fold up after it is deployed.

These are very tiny nits and as I said, I heartily recommend this case. I gave it 5 stars despite my nits as I do actually love it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2014 3:45 PM PDT

Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
by Gerard J. Tortora
Edition: Loose Leaf
75 used & new from $42.55

5.0 out of 5 stars 13th edition binder-ready: Much cheaper than hard-bound edition!, June 29, 2011
This book is exactly the same as the hardbound version: Principles of Anatomy&Physiology, 13th edition, Gerald J. Tortora & Bryan Derrickson. But this version is designed to be put into a 3-ring binder. It's a great savings over the hardbound version!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 6:00 PM PDT

Throw Your Kid a Bone
Throw Your Kid a Bone
by C. S. Williamson
Price: $5.80
16 used & new from $1.07

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun and insightful read for all ages, October 16, 2007
This review is from: Throw Your Kid a Bone (Paperback)
Throw Your Kid a Bone is a delightful story, set in the rural American town of "Twin Cricks." But all is not well in this seeming paradise of idyllic farms and kid-freedom. The story centers on school-aged Billy, who has his heart set on a new bike, and has (gasp!) parents who won't buy it for him. Billy spends the summer scheming to earn money for his future treasure, while surrounding events conspire to make life more "interesting" than Billy would otherwise like, including an extended visit from his affluent, bratty cousins from England, an afternoon spent up to his armpits in cow manure, a next door neighbor who must endure childhood in an abusive, dysfunctional family, and the gift of an almost-grown-up dog that Billy doesn't really want. Through the eyes of Billy we learn the time-tested principles of good parenting, such as how rules give children freedom, how hard work provides satisfaction, and how children are capable of acts of charity and kindness, when pointed in the right direction by a thoughtful adult. This book is enjoyable on many levels, and the hilarious events throughout the narrative make it a good read-aloud for children of all ages.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2008 6:01 PM PDT

The Diary of Ma Yan: The Life of a Chinese Schoolgirl
The Diary of Ma Yan: The Life of a Chinese Schoolgirl
by Yan Ma
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be required reading for all middle-class American girls, December 9, 2005
Ma Yan is 13 years old and is told by her mother that she needs to leave school and work in the fields to pay for the education of her two younger brothers. But Ma Yan dreams of getting an education to pull her family out of the desperate poverty that they suffer every day. In this book we follow her diary through ages 12 and 13 as she struggles with going to school in miserable conditions with never enough food to eat, desperately trying to succeed against all odds. But her fate catches up with her when she is 13 years old, as her family can no longer afford to send her to school. She is destined for a hard life working in the fields...until a miracle occurs. This heart-wrenching journal full of courage and determination is a must-read for all girls who have dreams of their own.

Our whole family enjoyed this book, especially our 12-year-old daughter!