Profile for TheProf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 375

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheProf RSS Feed (Somewhere in AL, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Norelco S9311/84, 9300 Shaver
Philips Norelco S9311/84, 9300 Shaver
Price: $249.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Norelco Brand Hits a Homer with the 9300 series, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband was the tester for this product and his comments are framed in his deep affection for the Norelco brand. He's always used a Norelco because of the quality and durability. This 9300 series shaver was definitely a step in the right direction for the brand.

Pros:
-The shaver charges very fast.
-It holds a charge for a good amount of time.
-The shaver comes with a very nice travel case.
-The rounded heads move in more directions (I believe it's advertised as 8 different directions) and gives a much closer shave.
-The rounded heads also move independently of each other so the shave is close on the first swipes so you don't have to keep going over the area- particularly the contours of the jaw and throat. This is great for a man with skin sensitivity.
-The "+" and "-" buttons give you the option of speed in order to deal with sensitivity.

Cons
-The shaver has a separate attachment for the side burn trimmer. In previous models, it used to be on the flip side of the shaver. Now you have to take off the heads and put on the side burn attachment. While not necessarily a deal breaker, it does cut down on the efficiency of the shaver. But it is a wider attachment than in older models.
-The packaging isn't Amazon Frustration Free! My husband commented on that as he was taking out the umpteenth piece of unnecessary cardboard.

It is definitely worth the extra money, especially if you want a quality product that will last a long time.

Philips Norelco S9721/84, 9700 Shaver
Philips Norelco S9721/84, 9700 Shaver
Price: $349.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shaver but Maybe Not a Necessary Upgrade, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband was the tester for this product and his comments are framed in his deep affection for the Norelco brand. He's always used a Norelco. This 9700 series shaver was interesting because we also tried the 9300 series. The only reasons the 9700 was more expensive were that the Smart Clean is "Pro" and there is a digital readout on the handle. While it is very nice to keep track of battery life in the digital readout, we determined that the upgrade isn't necessary as the shaver is essentially the same as the 9300.

Pros:
-The shaver charges unbelievably fast, which is very handy for my husband who often forgets to charge it!
-It holds a charge for a good amount of time.
-The shaver comes with a very nice travel case.

Cons
-It is very expensive for not much improvement over the 9300 series shaver.

Prevue Hendryx 3183 Parrot Playstand, Round
Prevue Hendryx 3183 Parrot Playstand, Round
Price: $89.99
7 used & new from $85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Stand with a Few Minor Flaws, September 15, 2014
My husband bought this perch for our flighted sun conure. Our conure loves to be in the same room as the family and we didn't want to keep his cage in our living area. The stand is big but very good for him. He loves to fly out to it and play.

Pros:
-It's big and sturdy
-It's easy to clean and wipe down
-There is enough room to add perches/toys/etc.

Cons:
-The hanging toy bar isn't a good design for parrots. Conures love to be at the very top of things and the toy bar is very narrow. Our conure would still try to stand on it so I installed a Booda perch for him up there.
-As a result of the previous "con," our bird poops into his food bowls. We no longer use the bowls and he has learned to fly back to his cage for food and water.

Overall, it is working well for our pet but we did need to tweak it a little. If Prevue Hendryx decides to update the design, I would recommend a perch over the toy bar and the bowls moved up to the top.

A Season of Change: Seasons in Pinecraft | Book 1
A Season of Change: Seasons in Pinecraft | Book 1
by Lynette Sowell
Price: $13.49
45 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Find in Amish Fiction, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a delightful find in Amish Christian fiction. I love the premise of a circus worker and an Amish widower. Add in the Florida setting and it was a winner! The characters are wonderfully developed and you can't help but root for them. The story wove themes of loss and love together nicely. It's a great read and I look forward to more from this author.

Out of the Ruins: The Golden Gate Chronicles | Book 1 (Golden Gate Chronicles Series)
by Karen Barnett
Price: $13.20
31 used & new from $1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and engaging, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoy Christian historical fiction and this was an excellent book for casual reading. The themes were universal, the characters developed, and the storyline was interesting. I like the turn-of-the-century historical time frame and it was a moving story. I think the author has an excellent start to a great series!

Jonathan Adler Piped Bath Mat, Blue
Jonathan Adler Piped Bath Mat, Blue
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, September 13, 2014
It is a decent sized mat and it's the towel material so you don't have fuzzies everywhere. It's easy to machine wash, doesn't shrink, and dries quickly. It was definitely worth the money!

OXO Good Grips 5-Inch Utility Knife
OXO Good Grips 5-Inch Utility Knife
Price: $7.99
8 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great General Use Knife, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great knife for general kitchen use. I'm no chef but I do like to cut up my vegetables and fruits with a decent knife. This OXO Good Grips has several things I like including a non-slip grip and sharp serration on the blade. It works great on softer fruits and veggies and doesn't leave "grooves" like some serrated knives. It is very sharp so be careful! The packaging is my only pet peeve. I hate the plastic shell.

There is one thing I discovered in reading the description...be sure to hand wash the knife. I didn't know that until I put it in the dishwasher and had rust spots on its first trip through. The spots wiped off but I'll hand wash from now on.

Great Maps (Dk Smithsonian)
Great Maps (Dk Smithsonian)
by JERRY BROTTON
Price: $18.30
32 used & new from $16.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Book with Fascinating Chapters, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a map lover in the family, this is the perfect book for him or her! The pictures take up the majority of the book, as it should, and there are some explanations for each map, cartographer, and other pertinent information. The book is color indexed chronologically which is very helpful if you are using this book for history. And each chapter begins with a full spread of the map, the name, the cartographer, and other information. Then it gives you the "visual tour" on the next spread which zooms in on specific portions of the map. It is a fascinating journey and I like the straightforward manner in which it is presented. It's a beautiful book to leave out on a coffee table as well. What I particularly enjoyed in this book was the chapter on Dr. Livingstone's Africa and the color indexed section on modern mapping. The maps of David Livingstone are not often something you see and I appreciated having a beautiful representation. The modern mapping section is fascinating and again, not something you see very often in a book of maps. Overall, this is a marvelous book and great for any geography enthusiast!

OXO Knife Block Set, 10-Piece
OXO Knife Block Set, 10-Piece
Price: $77.08
2 used & new from $77.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Great Quality!, September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a chef so these knives were meant for normal, everyday family meals. I can't claim any real knowledge about knives but I know what works for us! And OXO puts out a great quality knife that surprised me. The knives have a good grip and my hands don't slip even when wet. The blades are extremely sharp, which I found out when taking it out of the dishwasher! I like the variety of knives in the block and I use all of them. The block itself is slim and fits nicely on the counter. However, I'm still not a big fan of the block. It seemed a little lower quality and had some white specks all over it. It washed off but I'm still not sold on it. The knives are fantastic, though!

Avery Economy View Binder with 1-Inch Round Ring, White, Pack Of 4 (19200)
Avery Economy View Binder with 1-Inch Round Ring, White, Pack Of 4 (19200)
Price: $18.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a Favorite!, September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Avery 1 inch binders. They are top quality, durable, and so easy to open and close. I use them all the time to organize my papers and I like being able to slip my own designs into the cover and spine. I'm not generally carrying these out and about; they return to my shelves when I am finished so the lightweight quality are great for me. In addition, I love Amazon's Frustration Free packaging...no need to worry about unnecessary packaging.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20