Profile for Karl Grosvenor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Karl Grosvenor RSS Feed (Nottingham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Seiko Men's SNK805 Seiko 5 Automatic Green Canvas Strap Casual Watch
Seiko Men's SNK805 Seiko 5 Automatic Green Canvas Strap Casual Watch
Offered by Mega Time
Price: $55.00
44 used & new from $51.64

2.0 out of 5 stars A lovely watch with a bad design fault., January 15, 2015
I recently bought this watch after desiring it for quite sometime it looks lovely is a nice size and is comfortable to wear.However despite the water resistance described in the advert and elsewhere nowhere are the words water resistant shown anywhere on this watch,but I don't intend to take it swimming.The strap is lovely with enough adjustment holes for a good fit.The crown is a bit small though and fiddly to operate.Unfortunately after only about a year the back came off and it stopped working.The rear of the watch is supposed to be glass but is in fact plastic which in my case broke very easily even though the rest of the watch remained intact.Up until it broke I gave this beautiful watch 5 stars but subtracted two because of this terrible design flaw.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2015 3:16 PM PST

Bell Muni Bicycle Road Helmet
Bell Muni Bicycle Road Helmet
Price: $32.50 - $65.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad fitting, July 16, 2014
I bought one of these helmets in the safety yellow colour.It looks lovely and has some great features,but unfortunately the fit is absolutely atrocious.My previous helmet the Bell Alchera had a cog you turned to get a perfect fit,but this has a stupid 3 holes to choose which isn't as precise and doesn't have the range.I ordered the smaller of the two which is supposed to go down to 56 CM but is way bigger than this.I had to stitch the back of the strap closer together to get it to fit properly and Bells customer service is absolutely unfit for purpose.This is a lovely looking helmet with good features,but if It won't fit it is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Kik Messenger
Kik Messenger
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars What a pile of crap, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Kik Messenger (App)
This application is utterly useless.It reminds me of using a computer in the early 90s everything takes an age to load and even then it fails and needs doing again.Don't waste your time use Yahoo instead.

301 Dual SIM - Mobiltelefon - GSM / UMTS
301 Dual SIM - Mobiltelefon - GSM / UMTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to standard., September 30, 2013
I have had my eye on this phone for sometime,I was happy with my previous Nokia,but wanted a bigger keypad and a larger screen,I have always been a Nokia fan so when I see this little beauty I become interested especially in the Cyan colour,this phone looks even better when it's in front of you than on Amazon,it is very well made which is usual for Nokia and has a lovely big clear screen much nicer than my older Nokia 112 also the keypad is really nice and great to text with,but the negatives are the version of the series 40 operating system isn't very logical it's much more confusing than it out to be and not the usual Nokia way of doing things,in fact twice so far I have been so stuck that I had to have a live chat with a technician,but the worse thing about this phone that really bugs me is the battery life,according to the manufacture it has a longer talk and standby time than the 112,but on a recent cycling trip my 112 lasted 12 days which included checking the weather forecast on the internet each day,listening to the radio twice for an hour each and about an hour of calls,this phone used in 2G mode only with no calls and only 15 minutes of internet usage only lasted for 3 days,now for me battery life is very important as when backpacking and cycle touring I am often away from a mains supply,so had I known this I would have bought the Nokia 206 instead and yes I turned the screen brightens down and keypad tones as suggested,so if you need a phone with a long battery life above all else,this isn't it,but if you want a great looking texting phone and can charge it every 3 days it comes highly recommended.

Tomb Raider Survival/Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Tomb Raider Survival/Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Offered by PIP GAMING
Price: $97.99
14 used & new from $35.11

2.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to die over and over again., March 6, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Prepare to die in this game a lot,sure mostly it is brilliant,but has way to many tedious moments to get a perfect score for me,firstly it's way to combat heavy,not much exploring more shooting and is over loaded with dreadful Quick time events that can't be avoided and force the player to repeat them over and over again until you get it right,you get prompts to follow,but if the first one isn't carried out 100 percent you fail to get the next, it's Resident Evil 6 all over again,haven't the developers learned nothing,I guess not,this alone almost made me give up playing and ruins an otherwise great experience,this game looks utterly fantastic and the controls mostly work well,there's plenty of extra's to find and you can retrace your steps most of the time to go back looking for stuff,but like to many games these days not enough efforts been put into quality control and because the annoying elements of the game I barely had the patience to finish it which is annoying since I payed out £50 plus the guide,I did finish it in the end,but very much doubt I will play it again,it could have been great,but then they blew it,what a waste.

As for the Survival edition the art book is even worse than the one that came with mass effect 3 collectors edition which is hard to believe,the sound track is annoyingly a digital download and the map and mini poster are pathetic,the poster is too small and the map not really a map at all,as for the survival pouch you can buy better ones anywhere and cheaper,but at least it's more useful than the other items,the box is pretty nice,but for the money you're better off buying the standard edition.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2013 8:55 AM PDT

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Playstation 3
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $13.95
248 used & new from $0.93

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of time, December 7, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game is supposed to be one of the best games the Play-station 3 has to offer well if this is the case it just shows how poor PS3 games are,this game is riddled with dodgy game-play,ropey controls awful graphics cheesy voice acting and repetitive game-play it really is quite tedious,but if you've nothing better to do it's better than staring at a blank screen,but only just,I am new to the PS3,but honestly everything on the XBOX 360 is way better than this poor excuse for a game,avoid at all costs.

Resistance 2 - Playstation 3
Resistance 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by RushHourWholesalers
Price: $7.95
297 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars truly monotonous, November 28, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Lets start by saying I am new to the PS3 having had an XBOX 360 for a few years now,but I decided to get a Playstation and bought Resistance 2 together with Fall of man,I really loved the first game,but this is a stinker.

What went wrong everything about Resistance 1 that was good,the controls,the story the game-play were thrown out of the window for this sequel what were the developers thinking,where they drunk all the time through development or were they playing a joke on gamers,whatever it was they really messed this game up it's as if a whole new team worked on it without any or little knowledge of what came before.

I can't think of anything but the rumble feature that this game has that's an improvement over the first,this game is all trial and error and it gets really tedious when you die over and over and over and over again and each time have to start again from the beginning of the level, you often die because enemies just spawn out of nowhere when you least expect you also get confused as to what to do and where to go you often get swarmed with masses of creatures who bizarrely only target you and not your teams mates and you often run out of ammo a lot as you are restricted to two guns,they also changed the controls around as well which annoys the hell out of me,but I finished this game because I bought it,but had I known how bad and inferior it would be compared to the first game I wouldn't have bought it,I hoped the third installment would be better,but sadly it's worse.

Gen RCA Audio Cable Adapter for XBOX 360 + Slim
Gen RCA Audio Cable Adapter for XBOX 360 + Slim
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $6.18
21 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I needed one of these because if playing DVD's on your xbox 360 through a HDMI cable you won't get any sound,strangely game playing doesn't have the same problem,but by connecting this to your xbox and then onto your hi-fi amp you get sound easily and it's well made and cheap.

Resident Evil 5 - Xbox 360
Resident Evil 5 - Xbox 360
Price: $13.83
181 used & new from $1.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly poor, November 22, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I downloaded the Demo of this game on Xbox live and was so looking forward to it as I enjoyed the previous game so much,but this game is seriously lacking in many ways,the guns seam weaker than before with even fewer Ammunition and the Enemies are tough, then to make matters worse the controls are incredibly bad and are the worst ever even Resident evil one beats it on this count,it's like having both hands tied behind your back and your shoe laces tied together,what another wasted potential,avoid this at all costs unless you like getting really wound up.

Resident Evil 6 Anthology - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 6 Anthology - Playstation 3
Offered by Boothill Sales
Price: $98.81
21 used & new from $32.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time., November 22, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
When I heard about this version of Resident evil 6 I had to have it even though this version isn't being released in my country,so I took a chance and created an American play station account so I could download Resident evil 1 to 5 from the play station store,they haven't made any attempted to enhance or modify the original games with the exception of RE 4 so they look and feel awful to play,number 4 is the best,but to be honest barely looks any different from the Game Cube version,RE 5 is absolutely terrible with really sluggish dated controls that makes the game incredibly hard,but number 6 has improved on this a bit,however it's still a game stuck in the 1990's and really needs remaking by someone else other than Capcom,this wouldn't be so bad if it cost half the price,but as it is it is way to expensive especially for me as I had to pay import fees.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3