Profile for OneFederalist > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OneFederalist RSS Feed (Ruckersville, VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Morning and Evening - Daily Devotion
Morning and Evening - Daily Devotion
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great App, April 27, 2014
This is a great way to start and end your day. Spurgeon was the man, and the good folks at Tap Tap have done a good thing in making this devotional in an affordable and engaging manner as found in this app. For $3, you won't find a better deal for the words of this great preacher. Highly recommend!

Pilot [HD]
Pilot [HD]
DVD
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Forced Myself to Finish the Episode, February 6, 2014
Started off promising, but went downhill real quick. Think over the top "Lost" mixed with "X-Files". Unbelievable characters doing unbelievable things, overuse of the F-bomb in a lame attempt to add "reality" with maybe a little "levity" at a couple points, gratuitous nudity (really? hop in a pool in the buff in the middle of all the end of the world stuff going on with a whole bunch of strangers around you've known for maybe 3 hours?), and a cheesy demon dude at the end with the cliche spider walk/run. And oh Jamie Kennedy...what happened bro? Was worth a try, but I'm saying this goes nowhere.

CyberStorm
CyberStorm
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, December 28, 2013
This review is from: CyberStorm (Kindle Edition)
A good mind candy book that I flew through in a couple days. Kind of wrapped up pretty quick and I did think that some of the drastic situations were kind of hard to swallow for a mere 36 days. Nevertheless, an entertaining read that might make a good movie.

High Quality Neoprene Sweat Resistant Exercise Jogging Sports Armband for Samsung Galaxy S4 / S4 Active / Galaxy S5 / S5 Active (use with or without case)
Offered by MobileCityOnline
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an S4 with a case, August 8, 2013
As a few other stated, this thing works great if you have a case on your S4 and don't want to have to bother taking the case off when you need to use the armband. I originally bought an armband specifically fitted for the S4, but it was next to impossible to get it in and out with the case still on without fidgeting it in. Yeah, it's a "#firstworldproblem", but with this armband, it's easy in-easy out so you can get right to your workout or back to your day. Haven't had any issues swiping on the screen through the plastic covering either. The side buttons are a bit of a challenge if you're looking for those, but that's pretty much with any of the armbands I've seen. It's easy enough to get to them intuitively though. So yeah, if you're in the market I'd recommend this one.

Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $55.95
11 used & new from $35.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Deal, March 15, 2013
Have had this scale for a few weeks now and am nothing but impressed. Plenty of room to stand on normally, big bright numbers to see the good or bad news, slick look, and very reliable measurements. If you're looking to go digital and away from the old-timey scales with their small footprint and little lines that move every time you look over to see the results, than you can't go wrong with this one in my opinion. Great buy at, as usual, a super Amazon price.

TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 for PC [Old Version]
TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 for PC [Old Version]
Price: $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Software But Note You Pay for State E-File, January 21, 2013
Ditto to every other review that praises TurboTax for its effectiveness and ease of use. No qualms & nothing to add to that. The only quibble I have is with the deal you're buying. Perhaps I missed it or didn't read close enough, but I was under the impression I was buying the ability to E-file a federal AND state return. Not so. You have the option to file Federal with no additional cost, but there is an additional cost ($19.99) to E-File your state. Just be aware of that when you're buying this. It was an unexpected hit so I knocked off a star; I wish Intuit would be more up front with that little nugget. Other than that, TurboTax is the way to go. It's a solid program that makes filing simpler.

Samsung UN32EH4000 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV
Samsung UN32EH4000 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV
Offered by NavyBlu
Price: $279.99
3 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, April 6, 2012
Here I was stranded with a Sony piece of junk. For that, I shelled out big bucks a couple years ago sold over by the internal Blu-Ray player and Wi-Fi connectivity only to have it finally die on me last week. All those fancy-smancy Sony adds and paying pretty much top dollar for a 32", and I figured I'd at least get 5 years out of it. Nope. Blu Ray dies ~5 months ago. OK, I can live with that. Just buy an external one. This week, the channel and sound are not able to be changed unless I rebooted (i.e., unplugged and plugged) the TV. So I decide to give Samsung a try knowing how much I've always thought their computer monitors always struck me as better than others. After all, I'm just looking for a good image. I can live without all the other bells & whistles. Boy, if this thing can stand the test of time I won't go back. The picture quality is fantastic. It's got a Dynamic, Movie, and Standard Mode. The modes actually seem to work for what they imply (unlike my Sony piece of junk). The sound is very good too. It's got Standard, Movie, Clear Voice, and Music. Those too actually work like the names imply (unlike my Sony piece of junk). The features are enough to live with. You can stick a USB in it and watch pics and movies. There's no built in wi-fi, but who needs it with most Blu-Ray players? With Blu-Ray players providing the connectivity and online features (e.g., Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.), I figured why bother spending the extra for the same stuff. The 720p clarity is perfect on a TV this size. I see no difference between it and 1080p, but that's just me. The price was right for an LED. So overall, I'm very satisfied and recommend this TV, unlike my Sony piece of junk..

The Original 46" Bozo 3-D Bop Bag
The Original 46" Bozo 3-D Bop Bag
Offered by CashCo1000, Inc. (USA Merchant)
Price: $18.60
17 used & new from $13.10

1.0 out of 5 stars A Gamble, September 17, 2011
I'm sure if you get a solidly made one, it's plenty of fun. I'd planned on letting me and the office pals have plenty of corporate/client frustration sessions with ol' Bozo for many a day ahead. But alas, I happened to get one that had a couple of teeny tiny rips in the nose seam. So after ~20 minutes (prior to which you spend 15 minutes blowing the lungs out of your mouth to fill it up), you have one sad looking deflated Bozo. Tried the included patch kit to fix it, but the patch just won't meld with the seam. Just leaks as if it wasn't on there. So, needless to say, I'm returning it. As always, Amazon's no-hassle return policy makes it much less frustrating than it could be. So bravo to Amazon, boo to the manufacturer who went cheap with shoddy material to make this Bozo. Buyer beware.

American Tourister Luggage Fieldbrook 4 Piece Luggage Set, Black, One size
American Tourister Luggage Fieldbrook 4 Piece Luggage Set, Black, One size

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to Go!, August 20, 2011
Having come to the conclusion that my current 20 year old luggage has seen better days, along with a forthcoming trip not too far in the future, I decided to scout around for some new bags. What gives with some luggage being in the $300-$600 range??? Do the bags come with an elf inside that carry them around for you? Are the handles minted in gold or silver? Do they substitute as plush beds when stranded at an airport? Sheesh. Nevertheless, Amazon never ceases to amaze me with the good prices on big ticket items, and this was no exception. The previous reviews about this set are pretty much on target. They arrived in mint condition with marketing display tags attached, plastic protection bags for the smaller ones inside, those little moisture prevention packet thingys, and the "new luggage smell" to boot. By the way, the smell in my opinion isn't as pleasing as "new car smell", so if possible unpack & separate the bags to let them air out a couple days in the basement or garage. The two bigger handle bags have those tiny lock & keys along with wheels to make it easier to lug them around. All the bags have ample room made of sturdy material that will prove hard to rip. For the price, I doubt you're going to do better. Good on American Tourister for making a fine product at a reasonable price!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2012 6:52 PM PDT

The Complete Walt Disney World 2011
The Complete Walt Disney World 2011
by Julie Neal
Price: $21.18
75 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars For the Picture Lover, July 26, 2011
I bought this book based on the rave reviews given by other buyers, but in the end returned it. Here's why (and I'm in a good mood because we're going to WDW soon so I'll start off on a positive note):

Pros:
~Pictures: If you're looking for a guide with "Life" or "Sports Illustrated" type pictures, then hands-down this is your book. Without a doubt, whoever the hired photographer was (unless the authors got them from WDW) did a bang up job. The pictures are definitely top notch that will whet your appetite for your upcoming visit. Kudos on the pics!
~Details: Well, this is sort of a pro, because I think the details in this book can be found in any of the other quality WDW guides out there. There are plenty of details. If you can think of it, you can probably find it in this book...somewhere....in there...but here's where it sort of migrates into the "Cons" territory and why I returned it....

Cons:
~Format: Like drinking water out of a fire hose, the authors have stuffed plenty in this relatively compact book. But here's where I think all the details work against the book. With its miniscule size and monotonous format, I pretty much got lost on spotting any "good" tips from "standard verbiage" about the site or attraction the authors were attempting to break down. I recall there being check-marks and/or stars next to the attractions, but I looked everywhere and couldn't find a key to decipher what the check-marks or number of stars was supposed to imply. I assume the check-mark was something the authors thought you should really "check out", and the more stars the better, but it still would've been nice to have a key. For me, the format was the breaker. [Sidebar: I mentioned the book is relatively compact. I'm guessing it's because of (a.) the font size and (b.) it's made of "magazine paper" rather than "regular paper" on the inside (the cover is your standard softbound type). It makes me wonder if the pages wouldn't be more liable to fall out the longer you had it & the more it was fingered through....which in itself can be considered a Con, but that's just speculation since I ended up returning it. It seems solid enough I suppose.]

Summary:
To sum it up, the book sorta reminds me of a James Cameron film: very glitzy with plenty of awesome special effects, but, with a few exceptions, a fairly weak or cliched' storyline.

You can see above the number of Pros outnumbered the Con, but to me the one Con outweighed the Pros. I'm certainly not trying to disparage the authors because to some it makes for a very nice guide (as evidenced by the numerous 5 star reviews), but for myself I think another book better breaks down tips & suggestions for doing WDW that I will submit to you, gentle reader, for your consideration.

I got the 2010 version of Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2011: with Universal Orlando, SeaWorld & Aquatica (Special-Interest Titles) from the library. My wife & I liked it much more than this one, and I've gone ahead and ordered the 2011 edition. The author of the Fodor's edition, Kim Wright Wiley, presents the info in a much more eye-friendly format. You know when you're getting a tip because it's specifically identified as such with symbols (with a key in the beginning of the book to let you know what the symbols mean!). There's really not much on the picture side of the house, but that's why I bought a camera and WDW sells a ton of souvenir books. I'll get my pics through that method. :) I was looking for substance in the format, and for me the Fodor's book delivers better than this one.

Still, I'll give "The Complete Walt Disney World 2011" guide a couple stars for the Pros I did give it. It gives you the goods with great pics to go along with them, just more challenging to sort the goods out. Seems you can get the same information across a ton of WDW guides in the travel world, but I wanted something I could quickly read, get the info or tip, and move on. I think my alternate suggestion gives you that much more so than this one. Just my opinion, but isn't that what reviews are all about? :)

Page: 1 | 2