Profile for Christian James > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christian James "Reluctant Shopper" RSS Feed (Pittsburgh, PA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Safety Not Guaranteed
Safety Not Guaranteed
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Movie, February 8, 2013
I had never heard of it when it popped up under the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre heading, but I gave it a try anyway. Best movie I've seen in years.

Goats In Trees 2013 Square 12X12 Wall Calendar (Multilingual Edition)
Goats In Trees 2013 Square 12X12 Wall Calendar (Multilingual Edition)
by BrownTrout Publishers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Holiday Fraud, November 30, 2012
When I asked Santa for a Goats in Trees 2013 calendar, he rolled his eyes and said "Son, goats cannot fly -- only reindeer do that." Who's to argue with Santa?

Light Keeper PRO 01201 The Complete Tool for Fixing Miniature Light Sets
Light Keeper PRO 01201 The Complete Tool for Fixing Miniature Light Sets
Offered by aSavings
Price: $15.61
35 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give this 100 stars if I could, November 18, 2012
My wife and I have an expensive prelit Christmas tree with 2,000+ lights, and this year -- our fifth season with the tree -- there were three large segments of dead lights, which essentially rendered the tree useless. We tried everything we could imagine to fix the problem with no luck. Then I remembered walking past a display of these things when I was at my local hardware store. I drove over, bought one, and within 10 minutes of my return home, our tree was blazing like the day it was new.

I would have spent $500+ to buy a new tree had we been unable to fix ours. For less than $20, we did. Great product, worth every penny and many more.

Stanley Hardware V2671 1-1/2-Inch Swag Hook, Black
Stanley Hardware V2671 1-1/2-Inch Swag Hook, Black
Price: $4.98
10 used & new from $1.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Strength, July 13, 2012
We use these hooks to hold hanging baskets on our front porch. We have eight baskets each year. When the wind blows, these hooks often are pulled right off the anchor screws, sending my baskets tumbling into the yard. And with each successive fall, the threads get stripped a bit more, making future falls inevitable. I've probably gone through twenty of these hooks in three summers.

I've solved the problem this year by buying a new set of hooks and dropping a bit of super glue into the hole before screwing each hook onto the anchor screw. It seemed to work -- no falls since I used the glue. But I shouldn't have to do that.

The hooks do look great. I suggest that the manufacturer maybe provide a weight recommendation so that consumers know how much they can safely hang on each hook.

Kite Spool - 90 Lb Test (Assorted Colors)
Kite Spool - 90 Lb Test (Assorted Colors)
Offered by Kite Today
Price: $9.05
24 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't Snap!, July 13, 2012
On a recent family vacation, our giant kite pulled my hundred-fifty pound father-in-law out to sea and the string didn't snap! I consider that a win. But I do miss my kite.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2014 11:04 AM PDT

Panacea 15221 Wrought Iron Fireplace Log Bin, Black
Panacea 15221 Wrought Iron Fireplace Log Bin, Black
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $21.99
6 used & new from $20.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reasonably-Priced Rack, July 13, 2012
I wrangled over purchasing a product with no reviews but in the end too the plunge. I'm happy that I did. This rack is sturdy, heavy, well built, easy to carry, and it holds a nice stack of logs. It's perfect next to our patio stove.

Espoma HT4 Holly-Tone 4-3-4, 4 Pounds
Espoma HT4 Holly-Tone 4-3-4, 4 Pounds
Price: $8.47
24 used & new from $5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Appropriately Named, July 13, 2012
I applied Holly Tone to the eight Dragon Lady Hollies in my yard, and all eight of them now have six-pack abs. It's amazing how good their well-toned boughs look in bikinis. All I need now is a supplementary product to sprinkle on my angry neighbors.

Barrs Originals Soft Drink, Ginger Beer, 330 ml Can (Pack of 24)
Barrs Originals Soft Drink, Ginger Beer, 330 ml Can (Pack of 24)
Price: $35.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ginger beer, December 8, 2011
If you've never tried ginger beer, it tastes a lot like a very intense ginger ale. The ginger flavor is simply more pronounced than what you find in ginger ale.

Barr's is not so sweet as some of the alternatives, which means you can drink it straight as well as mix it with vodka (Moscow Mule) or rum (Dark and Stormy).

We bought a case to mix cocktails at a holiday party and it was a huge hit. Locally, ginger beer sells for at least $12 for a six pack, so getting this product for less than $1 per can was great. We'll buy Barr's from Amazon as often as we can.

Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven and Grill Cleaner, 24-Ounce Cans, 2-Count
Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven and Grill Cleaner, 24-Ounce Cans, 2-Count
Offered by Tradecozone
Price: $15.49
10 used & new from $8.87

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality canisters., December 7, 2011
I often struggle to find appropriate gifts for my lovely wife during the holidays. So I placed my trust in Amazon.com and purchased this posh 2-pack during "Holiday Flurries Deals Week." Amazon.com, I figured, certainly has a better grasp of what women enjoy than me. If Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven and Grill Cleaner is Amazon's idea of a "Holiday Flurry", who am I to argue? They're cheaper than diamonds, that's for sure.

My wife unwrapped the package, stared at the pair of canisters for three or four seconds, pursed her rosy-red lips, then hurled both cans directly toward my chin. I ducked, but not quickly enough. I now have a 2 Count Pack of purplish bumps on my forehead.

Based on the size and breadth of those bumps, I've deduced that these cans were manufactured with quality steel, hopefully right here in the good old U.S.A. If I hadn't been thrown out of the house, I'd confidently use them to clean my oven and grill. Just not on Christmas.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2012 10:48 AM PDT

Ty Ling Coconut Milk, 13.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Ty Ling Coconut Milk, 13.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Offered by Please and Thank You LLC
Price: $51.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Coconut Milk at a More-Than-Decent Price, February 16, 2011
Considering this is available at a subscription at a bit over $1 per can, it's a great bargain. I've frequently used Thai Kitchen's Coconut Milk and this is comparable in quality, though this product requires a bit more shaking-of-the-can to mix the milk before use. I don't mind that at all.

Note that the picture displays "light" milk. But the Product description simply says "Ty Ling Coconut Milk." I received regular milk as opposed to light milk.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6