Profile for Photography fan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Photography fan "Mary" RSS Feed (Texas)

Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel 18 PC cookware Set
Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel 18 PC cookware Set
Offered by SupremeElectronics
Price: $159.97
2 used & new from $139.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great decorative set., September 26, 2011
Things I wish I'd known before I bought them:
The long list of "Do nots" on the care instructions. This cookware cannot be used on high heat, with high acid or high salt foods, or filled higher than the bottom of the rivets. This means if you don't want to void the warranty, boiling water takes awhile, forget spicy foods, and only use the bottom 1/3 of the pan. The rivets are located at midpoint, but very large so the bottom edge is quite a way down.)

The rivets are aluminum. They begin corroding IMMEDIATELY on exposure to liquid. Even when you only use the lower 1/3 of the pan, cooking steam causes pitting. I got rid of my previous set because of the possible negative health effects of aluminum in cookware, so I was not pleased to find aluminum leaching into my food from my new stainless steel cookware!

The total uselessness of WP's customer service. The pan I used most formed a "bubble" on the underside even though I was careful to follow all the instructions. I contacted customer service, who told me to send photos. When they got them, they said it was damage due to using high heat and therefore not covered. I told them I'd never used the pan on high heat, so they told me to send it to them for inspection. which cost over $10 They agreed that it was a flaw in construction, and would send me a new pan. After nearly 4 months of no pan, (not to mention the couple months it took to get them to agree to send one) I told them to just give me a refund for the pan plus my cost of shipping. The answer was that WP doesn't give refunds!

My husband told me "Take it back!" as soon as he read the care and use instructions, before I'd even unpacked the whole set. But they were pretty and well balanced, so I said "No, I'll just be careful with them." Before I knew about the rivets. Now I have to admit he was right!

So if you want a set that's pretty, well balanced, and will rarely be used, this is it! But be sure to keep some bartender's friend on hand, because even for occasional use of the pans, you'll need it. And don't use any seafood seasoning, lemon pepper, or anything of the sort, as this causes discoloration that can't be removed. I just designated one pan to use for fish or anything spicy and live with the speckles.)
I've had this set for nearly a year now, and find myself back to using old Revere Ware and cast iron for most of my cooking. Truly disappointed in a product and company I initially loved.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 10:42 AM PDT

Essential Lens Kit For The Canon SX30IS SX30 IS SX40HS SX40 HS Digital Camera Includes HD .43x Wide Angle Lens + 52MM Close Up Lens Kit Includes +1 +2 +4 +10 + 3pc High Res Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) + Lens Hood + MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by ButterflyPhoto
Price: $39.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked good, wasn't, May 3, 2011
The only thing in this kit that could possibly be useful with my Canon sx30is camera is the cleaning cloth! The kit looked great, arrived quickly and intact, and I looked forward to using it. But none of the 52mm lenses, filters, or hood would go on my camera. The camera itself is not threaded to accept lenses, instead having a small flange to work with a quick mount hood. Everything in the kit is threaded, which really doesn't matter since it doesn't fit anyway. 52mm is too big to fit inside the rim of the camera lens, and too small to fit on the outside. They're exactly the same size, so they just but against each other. I had to send them back, and between paying the shipping here and the shipping back, I'm out about 1/3 the price of the kit!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 9:12 AM PDT

SquareTrade 4-Year Appliance Protection Plan ($125-$150)
SquareTrade 4-Year Appliance Protection Plan ($125-$150)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $21.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service, May 3, 2011
SquareTrade sent me my warranty information immediately through my e-mail, and followed up with a phone call. I ended up returning the product I bought the warranty for, and the company was great, refunding my money quickly and without hassle. I will be trying them again, since their customer service was so good.