Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for violinmom > Reviews

Browse

violinmom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

violinmom RSS Feed (the Big D)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Mrs Aris Goes to Paris [VHS]
Mrs Aris Goes to Paris [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Bound Stream Books
Price: $36.95
12 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The movie itself was great, as far as the storyline and acting, February 16, 2016
The movie itself was great, as far as the storyline and acting, but background music drowned out the voices. It was this way throughout the entire movie.

HCSB Giant Print Reference Bible, Brown LeatherTouch
HCSB Giant Print Reference Bible, Brown LeatherTouch
by Holman Bible Staff
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: $22.58
28 used & new from $18.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific value at this moderate price point!, February 18, 2015
I've had this Bible for two weeks now and for a Bible at this moderate price point, it has exceeded my expectations! I was a bit leery of the "LeatherTouch" cover, but in use I found it had close to the feel of leather with the durability of synthetic material. The cover does not feel "plastic-y" at all, just good quality. Likewise, I am impressed with the paper and binding; both have a quality feel and more importantly "print through" is not an issue. I don't find it difficult to read while holding the Bible by hand; it is very flexible yet the pages stay flat enough edge to edge. Regarding the "giant print" it is indeed large (14 point), a feature which is critical to me. The page layout is very efficient with text to within a quarter inch all around, but not to worry the printed quality is consistently excellent so there are no misaligned pages in the entire Bible. Finally, the main reason I purchased this Bible is the HCSB translation which I think strikes a perfect balance between accuracy and readability. My one criticism of this HCSB Reference Bible is that the cross reference system has much less detail than other Bibles; cross references are by paragraph rather than verse, and there are far fewer of them compared to other Bibles I have used. But, since I bought the HCSB for reading rather than study that is not a large drawback for me. For in depth Bible study I will return to my NASB with its highly detailed and helpful cross reference system.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars but our 8 year old grandson is happy with it, December 31, 2014
A little overpriced for the quality, but our 8 year old grandson is happy with it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars but my grandson (who is 8) is quite happy with it (and that's the important thing), December 31, 2014
A little overpriced for the quality, but my grandson (who is 8) is quite happy with it (and that's the important thing).

We Light the Candles: Devotions Related to Family Use of the Advent Wreath
We Light the Candles: Devotions Related to Family Use of the Advent Wreath
by Catharine Brandt
Price: $5.99
41 used & new from $0.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a quaint little book but the devotions are really ..., December 31, 2014
It's a quaint little book but the devotions are really too short, and not enough about the Christmas story.

Dick Van Dyke Show: Classic Christmas
Dick Van Dyke Show: Classic Christmas
DVD ~ Dick Van Dyke
Price: $5.99
18 used & new from $5.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel cheated..., December 31, 2014
I feel really cheated and if I could return this I would. Had I carefully read the description on the back I would had known better than to buy it, but I was in a rush and so I just glanced at the back cover (photo attached). I don't know why they put the lower left photo of the three of them in black and white tuxedo-like costumes dancing, because that episode is not even on this disc! I thought I was getting three episodes, including that one, but no. There are only TWO episodes. I really feel like those back photos are deceptive. You get two episodes, and really only one is a true "Christmas" one. We were so disappointed.
** update - I contacted the company and (to my surprise!) received a very nice response. The fellow apologized about the misleading photo saying it was not supposed to be on the label. He said they could not offer me a refund, but offered instead to send me the Dick Van Dyke Halloween Classic DVD. I must say I was SO impressed! Not only for taking the time to reply to my email, but also for apologizing for the misleading photo and for offering the free Halloween DVD as a consolation!

Thermoserv Rings 16-Ounce Tumbler, Clear
Thermoserv Rings 16-Ounce Tumbler, Clear

1.0 out of 5 stars first time to use had condensation on outside - does not work, June 25, 2014
Really disappointed in these. I am thankful I only bought two to try. Hand washed them before using. Filled with ice water and within a short time my grandson said, "Grandma can I draw a happy face on your glass?" I looked down at my glass and it was all frosted on the outside with condensation! Literally dripping wet! Darn it.

Klipsch G-12 Flat Panel Speaker (1)
Klipsch G-12 Flat Panel Speaker (1)
Offered by AcousticSoundDesign Factory Authorized Dealer
Price: $199.00
10 used & new from $145.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, Natural Speakers!, November 14, 2013
I am using the Klipsch G-12’s as satellite speakers with an Energy Power 10 subwoofer (Energy is one of the Klipsch companies). The subwoofer crossover is set at 150 Hz which provides a smooth transition from the upper bass to the midrange where the G-12’s take over.

I am a classical musician who knows exactly how each instrument sounds, and this speaker system faithfully recreates the “live” sound. The G-12’s have exceptional transient response from the treble down through the midrange which results in startling clarity of the sound envelope. Each instrument retains its individuality when playing as an ensemble rather than sounding “muddy” as with most other speaker systems. The result is an accurate, natural sound for all types of music.

By way of comparison, the Klipsch G-12’s sound better than my prior Magnepan MG-I speakers ever did – and they were the most accurate & natural speakers I’ve owned up to this point.

I am also routing our TV audio through the Klipsch G-12’s, where their clarity makes voice content easily discernable from the background sounds.

I highly recommend the Klipsch G-12’s to anyone who is seeking accurate, natural sound from their audio system!

Zoltan Rozsnyai: Dukas, Chabrier, Debussy. Philharmonia Hungarica DBX Recording
Zoltan Rozsnyai: Dukas, Chabrier, Debussy. Philharmonia Hungarica DBX Recording
Offered by Bop Shop Records
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase!, October 19, 2013
This dbx record is in excellent playing condition; really shows off the sonic capabilities of dbx recordings! Shipping was a bit slow, but cost was reasonable & record was securely packaged. Would highly recommend this seller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase!, October 19, 2013
Not only is this dbx record in excellent playing condition, it is also the best performance of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" I have ever heard. Shipping was a little slow, but shipping cost was quite reasonable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6