Profile for Rachelle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rachelle "Sewsable" RSS Feed (Christchurch New Zealand)

The Amazing Thing About the Way It Goes: Stories of Tidiness, Self-Esteem and Other Things I gave Up On
Price: $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as entertaining as I expected, March 19, 2014
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee can make almost anything funny and in this book she steps away from the knitting and ventures into other realms. I particularly enjoyed the first chapter on learning to use bike shoes and clips; hopefully my experience might be a little less interesting.

Tudor Roses
Tudor Roses
by Alice Starmore
34 used & new from $59.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The book conent is great, pity about the organic addition in the back., December 19, 2013
This review is from: Tudor Roses (Paperback)
I bought this when I found out the new version of this book wasn't going to include the mens patterns. I love the patterns and my husband would look amazing in Henry VIII. Downside is that the back 7 pages were glued together at the bottom with something organic (was described as "good condition"); the seller offered a partial refund and then didn't come through; luckily Amazon are made of better stuff and they have refunded the whole amount.

Freedom's Choice (The Catteni Sequence)
Freedom's Choice (The Catteni Sequence)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the characters, August 29, 2013
I love Anne's writing, always have done and have never regretted buying any of her books. I already have this in hard cover, but wanted it for my Kindle as well. As always her characters are engaging and you want to find out what is going to happen next.

Overbite
Overbite

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Overbite (Kindle Edition)
I really had problems putting this book down, I had to buy it after reading the first one to find out what happened next and I don't regret it at all. I do love vampire books, but the story still has to be good; just bunging vampires in does not make me read it.

Dragon's Time (The Dragon Books)
Dragon's Time (The Dragon Books)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Anne's work, January 6, 2013
I did enjoy this book, but Todd's style isn't as engaging as Anne's and he tends to jump around a lot more which makes it harder to stay focussed. In saying that though I did need to read it as I had to find out what happened to Lorana and the dragons of Pern. I'm glad I got it, but I won't be buying the next one in this series until it drops in price; $9.95 for a Kindle edition is ok, $16.95 is way overpriced for the quality of the writing.

Pretty Witches All in a Row: A Nick Gibson Novel
Pretty Witches All in a Row: A Nick Gibson Novel
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting read, March 19, 2012
The blurb on this sounded interesting and it was certainly as good as it sounded. I was hooked very quickly and found it hard to put the book down. At the end of it I was disappointed there wasn't more; this to me is the mark of a good book. I enjoyed the characters and found myself getting worried for them at certain points of the story. A combination murder mystery and love story; what more could you want?

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, Book 1)
A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, Book 1)
by Laurell K. Hamilton
153 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful!, October 19, 2000
I started this book and did not want to put it down. Laurell has once again created a completely believable character, whether you actually do believe in the Fey or not. You have to keep reading to find out what will happen to Merry next (Merry is the lead character). I can't wait for the next one, give me more!!!

Obsidian Butterfly (An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 9)
Obsidian Butterfly (An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 9)
by Laurell K. Hamilton
135 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, March 25, 2000
This book was wonderful, we met Ted Forrestor properly for the first time, and got to realise that he is in fact a person, not just a killing machine. I found after reading this one, I had to reread the whole series. Can't wait until the next one, keep it coming!

Freedom's Challenge
Freedom's Challenge
by Anne McCaffrey
244 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent conclusion to a wonderful series, August 25, 1998
This review is from: Freedom's Challenge (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book, partly because Anne McCaffrey has a wonderful way of bringing her characters to life! The book continues the story of Kris and Zainal started in Freedoms Landing, and Freedoms Choice. I recommend it to anyone interested in the Sci-Fi genre.