Profile for Seenu Subbu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Seenu Subbu "Seenu Subbu" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
Generic Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Replacement for Epson 124 (5xBlack, 3xCyan, 3xMagenta, 3xYellow , 14-Pack)
Offered by Forever Ink
Price: $17.26
2 used & new from $13.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont even bother, December 23, 2013
I loved it the first day, when everything I asked it to print just worked fine. Not anymore, I have often printed a single sheet of paper 5-10 times hoping to get one just right, this POS just messes up either just a line in a whole page, or sometimes nothing comes out right. There is no prediction to its output. Sometimes I can get away by turning off "High speed printing" and get lucky.

CowboyStudio Photography 10 X 20ft Chromakey Green Muslin Backdrop with 10ft  Heavy Duty Crossbar Background Support System with Carry Bag
CowboyStudio Photography 10 X 20ft Chromakey Green Muslin Backdrop with 10ft Heavy Duty Crossbar Background Support System with Carry Bag
Price: $102.00
2 used & new from $102.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap build, broken on arrival, April 17, 2012
I found the price and green screen included with the kit attractive to go for this,
against other slightly higher priced equivalents.
Well, on opening the box I just found one of the tripod stands with broken legs.
Knobs are made of real cheap plastic, with jagged edges that hurt your fingers.
Spring loaded buttons that click and lock bars in place, jammed at the first instance of use, I couldn't
pull the bars apart. Finally we had to remove the button completely to disengage them.

The other functioning stand was reasonably robust, I am not sure if somebody damaged this kit and I
managed to get a returned item.
I have had better experience with CowboyStudio products in the past and this wouldn't deter me from
shopping with them in future but this is a serious disappointment.

Replacement for NIKON EN-EL4 Li Ion Battery for Nikon D2H / D2X / D3 / D3X Digital SLR Cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for professional use, February 19, 2012
I was very happy when I got this bargain, and it did perform well for a while. Inside of an year now that I have had it, it failed me in two crucial shoots.
I was shooting a stage performance, crucial expressions were lost because my shutter froze at the moment. It would work a second or two after I clicked, and happened through the performance.
I wasn't sure if it was one of my memory cards failing or the battery, so I gave a benefit of doubt. Then it happened again, when I had the most reliable memory card and I played around with the original battery and this one, that's how I was able to isolate.

Not sure if I could do some kind of calibration, full discharge break-in of any kind, but I would not use this for anything other than a backup. If you are getting paid for what you shoot, you better invest in the original batteries.

SanDisk ULTRA Compact Flash Card, 8GB, Up To 30 MB/s, 200X Read/Write
SanDisk ULTRA Compact Flash Card, 8GB, Up To 30 MB/s, 200X Read/Write
Offered by BoBotechnic
Price: $36.93
4 used & new from $36.93

1.0 out of 5 stars P O C, December 5, 2011
I wish I had taken time to read all the feedbacks! I received the CF card in its tiny rectangular box, not the original packaging. Looks like they have shipped me a returned item hoping the problem would go away?!!
I took the SanDisk confidence with me to my wedding shoot, and after running out of the first set, here I am, trying to get this card going, it shows "Error, no card" on my camera, while the client is waiting in front of me. It took a few embarrassing moments to fish out another backup and get things moving.
Plenty of reviewers have contacted SanDisk and confirmed this is a fake product, I shall be doing the same. It's a shame Amazon still nurtures these vendors of fake goods.

Fancierstudio Speedlight softbox Kit two 20-inch speedlight softbox two 7ft stand and two L bracket by Fancierstudio SB1009 20-inch KIT2
Offered by Fancier Studio
Price: $199.99
3 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, December 5, 2011
I have studio strobes and a few speedlights, but am finding myself more often using off-camera flashes these days. DIY modifiers, purchased 'grids, snoots,bounce cards' have helped a bit but I decided to try these softboxes, and I was in for a surprise.
Soft boxes are extremely easy to assemble and disassemble, five minutes flat.
Amazing quality of light, soft and even light fall off. I have used it in an outdoor family portrait session and a wedding reception, and am very pleased. In fact I bagged some real stunners in the outdoor family portraits, I wouldn't have been able to get with a direct on-camera fill flash or a reflector.

Gripe: Provided stands, while of decent build quality, are extremely rigid and hard to handle. I don't know if they will loosen up after a while.
Not a big take away but that's my one point deduction straight.

Needless to say, use sandbags to secure, these things are extremely lightweight and will fly at the slightest breeze, guaranteed.

I am excited to use these more often in outdoor portraiture!

Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Pieces
Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Pieces
Price: $57.74 - $517.06

1.0 out of 5 stars Salty,Salty,Salty,Salty and more salty, July 27, 2010
Very flavorful, jalapeno is a fantastic concept for Pretzels. Random bags yield random results, the first pretzel in your mouth is an awesome experience, for the most part.

But, for crying out loud, why do they have to add an YEAR'S WORTH OF SALT in one friggin bag?!! It's not consistent, sometimes you get lucky with the top portion of the bag when it's not all that salty, but by the end of one bag, you do get the feeling that you have consumed an ocean's salt content. Why this idiocy? When all one craves for is the taste of spicy jalapeno? The sucker that I am, I eat the first couple of pretzel pieces and then throw the whole bag away, it's serious sodium poisoning if you do consume the whole bag.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 10:06 PM PDT

Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens
Price: $1,886.95
70 used & new from $1,200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars OPPORTUNISTIC PRICE RISE?!, April 23, 2009
Sorry, this is not a review and don't bash me, but this product has been in my cart for the past month and the price has risen from 1650 to 1999 today?!!! Shame on you folks, there seems to be a recession going on, if you haven't heard already!

ADDENDUM 01/28/2011
-------------------------------
Been more than a year since I cribbed about the gouging, but it was a happy ending after all! Bought thiis sucka a while ago and at the non-gouging range, though $1700 is an overkill for the measly money I could make off it :-)

A beauty of a workhorse, amazingly fast focusing,rich vibrant colors, razor sharp through the barrel and a marriage made in heaven with an FX body!
Briefly owned a Sigma version of the same specs before I realized the folly. Boy, was that slow focus, boy,would that hunt for focus in the slightest of low lights? And the grinding! Don't have any grudge against Sigma, they work fine in day light and under strobes with amazing results, but they cannot hold a candle for low light performance like this Nikkor can!

Now I shoot often in most extreme low light nightclubs and party halls, and this baby never fails me. Have not had any front focusing issue so far, and no CA and a happy customer so far!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2009 8:58 PM PDT

Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR
Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR
5 used & new from $259.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A mediocre lens, March 8, 2009
I couldn't afford the Nikon 24-70 lens, and I was not too sure if I could remain constrained with the fixed focal length 85mm lenses. I needed something definitely wider than 24mm. This lens met all these constraints

Bought it after much wrestling with choices in my budgetary zone, and my first thoughts: I think it's a fine lens.
I have shot some portraits, landscape and snapshots, I must admit the lens is sharp enough and color rendering has been vivid and faithful. When I compare with Nikkor lenses that I own, this does stand up and count, though I personally don't claim to have anything in this zoom range, of a professional quality, in the Nikon world.

The negative impressions from these first observations, the zoom ring is very tight. While there are claims of this lens being a macro, I doubt it would deserve serious mention, I have noticed lens shadow on my objects, hood or no hood. With this big a barrel, you do need the hood, I might add.

03/11/09
--------
Addendum: I shot some *close up* shots over the weekend, and was blown away by the results. I could focus from extremely close and at full zoom, and absolutely no problem in rendition or sharpness. I guess it does qualify as "macro". If I could update my rating on this lens, it would be a five star. (Under the most bright sunlit situation only! 4/21/09)

4/21/09
--------
I am sorry to add this minute detail. The image quality at 17mm is so soft, especially in low light and flash lights that one would be ashamed to display the images to public. Muddy is the word that comes to one's mind. Shot at 100 ISO, blown to 100% of image size, the quality SUCKS. My stock lens Nikkor 18-55mm is WAY BETTER THAN THIS lens in these conditions. I bought this lens for its wide angle feature, so I am essentially hosed and will now have to go for an expensive Nikkor.

11/01/09
---------
LORD, it's an atrocious lens. Yes, it's very sharp at 2.8, in DAYLIGHT and/or when you have "enough" light. I did some portraiture and am horrified at the results. Of course, at mid range you lose the 2.8 advantage, but even with a (very) high ISO, I simply cannot find a well exposed shot I don't need to tweak manually. Yes, yes, I need a constant 2.8 through out the barrel and need to pay through my nose, but then I don't have to spend hours "touching up" my shoot.
May be my D200 lacks the high ISO capability and I need a D300 or D700, but then I might as well splurge on a Nikkor 17-55 or 24-70 lens.

Westcott 301 Photo Basics 40-Inch 5-in-1 Reflector
Westcott 301 Photo Basics 40-Inch 5-in-1 Reflector
Offered by Murphy's Camera
Price: $39.90
18 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable product, March 7, 2009
I noticed the subtle differences this reflector would make while taking a studio lighting class recently. You can create little miracles with deft handling of this reflector. Very thoughtful and simplest of ideas, but a gift for photography.

D-SLR Sensor Cleaning Brush for 1.5x & 1.6x Sensors (16mm)
D-SLR Sensor Cleaning Brush for 1.5x & 1.6x Sensors (16mm)
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $32.49
4 used & new from $26.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too sure of the utility, March 1, 2009
First impressions:
I had severe dust formation on my sensor, that ruined a lot of good photos I shot during a recent trip. I bought the Eclipse solution, the wet swabs (paying a *lot* of money. Rocket blower didn't help. Wet swabs, after four attempts, did not help! It wouldn't make sense to use this brush after that point but I did try. Between every stroke, I did "charge" the brush, but nothing came out of these many attempts.
Finally had to take it to a camera shop and pay some more money to clear the ugly dust spots.
I'll change my mind if I am convinced otherwise, but at the moment I am not sure.

Page: 1 | 2