Profile for Bear > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bear RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
CURT Manufacturing 45036 Class III 2" Loaded Ball Mount with 2" Ball
CURT Manufacturing 45036 Class III 2" Loaded Ball Mount with 2" Ball
Price: $24.89
38 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buy, April 21, 2014
I've bought receivers in the past that felt flimsy and as if they wouldn't hold up - this isn't the case here. I've no doubt this will get the job done for me and the pin is nice and solid, with a good weight to it. It'd be nice if they included a receiver lock instead of the simple pin, but that's only a 5 dollar purchase from Walmart anyhow.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Way cheaper than at the dealer, April 21, 2014
Not a whole lot to say here, been looking for these for a good while and finally found them at a reasonable price (almost $175 at the dealer). Installation was a breeze and they look really good in contrast to the beige leather seats in my Santa Fe Sport.

CURT Manufacturing 56151 T-Connector
CURT Manufacturing 56151 T-Connector
Price: $40.99
35 used & new from $26.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy!, April 21, 2014
If you can remove a dust cap and snap on a new connector, you can do this install. Just make sure that your wiring and contacts are all dry to avoid any potential zaps and you'll be done in less than 5 minutes, provided that the mud flap on the driver side (behind rear wheel) is off. Don't bother with the double stick tape and be sure to use as many tie wraps as needed to fasten the control module to the frame.

My only gripe is that I ran my wires through the spare wheel well and need to pick up a 6" extension to ensure that the wires are tucked away, out of sight, and most importantly, not dragging when not in use. Otherwise, a perfect buy and thankfully, no need to splice wires or use vampire taps to get lights to a trailer. Thanks!

Curt 13134 Class 3 Trailer Hitch
Curt 13134 Class 3 Trailer Hitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must buy - save the $ and DIY., April 21, 2014
I searched literally for the last year for the right piece of equipment, as I couldn't get a concrete answer from Hyundai directly regarding an OEM hitch for the 2013 Santa Fe Sport. U-Haul wanted over 600 just for the steel, not including receiver, wiring, or installation, and a few local places in Austin said the best they could do on a custom job was $500+.

I opened the box, dropped the spare, and lowered the muffler in about 30 minutes, put this guy in properly and was off to the races in about an hour total. The only tricky bit here on the install is to make sure you have help raising the muffler as it's really awkward underneath the vehicle (doubly so if you raised it, I didn't). Make sure that if you're doing the wire harness kit from Curt (highly recommend, btw) that you do it at the same time before replacing the mud guards and closing up shop, as it only takes another 5 minutes or so to do it.

I won't be towing anything very heavy as my SF is the 2.0T model, but this will serve me well on weekend trips to the beach and dealing with excess bags and the dog crate whenever we travel. Definitely an awesome buy and I honestly have zero clue how I never was able to find this before on Amazon.

Solaron King Chocolate Brown Mink Blanket
Solaron King Chocolate Brown Mink Blanket

5.0 out of 5 stars This is as close to a San Marcos blanket as you can find., October 28, 2013
This blanket is HEAVY. If you're looking for something light, this isn't it. The blanket is comfortable to sleep with alone or with a comforter above it (trust me, you won't need it).

The sizing is pretty true and if you wash this *properly* before first use, you won't have an issue with shedding or pilling. If you don't have a large capacity washer / dryer at home, spend the hour or two going to a laundromat and wash it right to shake out the lint. The blanket will get even softer with each subsequent wash and i highly recommend alternating between no detergent and light detergent to max out the life of the blanket, and air dry when possible. Enjoy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 6:35 PM PDT

Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65" TVs (Many from 20-75") including LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screens up to VESA 600 x 400 and 165lbs with Flush 1.5" Profile. Includes a Twisted Veins 10' Braided HDMI Cable and 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by SPN Performance
Price: $31.96
12 used & new from $22.37

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy a kid could do it., March 17, 2013
I seriously hesitated when I saw the mixed reviews on this product, but opted to give it a try based on the good things I read; I'm VERY glad that I did. It took less than 10 minutes to put the mount together, and with the pending order for 90* HDMI cables (i don't have much room to work with behind the mount due to the lack of a HDMI recess point) this was a perfect buy for less than $35 bucks (90* adapters included).

Save the $ and DIY, just make sure you have a good stud finder - the one I had wasn't up to the task and only found one stud for sure. I defaulted to a tape measure and a thin bit to drill an exploratory hole. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200
Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200
Price: $84.98
90 used & new from $41.55

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works and is easy to use., March 7, 2013
The hardest thing about this steam mop is taking it of the box and deciding where to start first. I opted for water only since I have a dog indoors and I was able to do my the entire first floor of my home on a single tank and on thorough cleaning. Go and grab this before people realize what it's worth and charge more.

Medialink Powerline Network Adapter Kit (2 Units) - Ethernet Homeplug AV 200Mbps

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupidly easy - seriously., March 7, 2013
I ordered 2 kits for my needs, 3 + a spare. I received my items at about 4:30 PM today - by 4:35, the 3 rooms I wanted hooked up were all functioning without problem and I was off and streaming.

I've used Trednet, Netgear, and Belkins items - none of them compare to ease of use and speed. I was able to stream a few 1080p home videos and anime MKVs without hiccups. If they can handle that, they can handle anything.

Corsair Force Series GS Red 180GB  (6Gb/s) SATA 3 SF2200 controller Toggle SSD (CSSD-F180GBGS-BK)
Corsair Force Series GS Red 180GB (6Gb/s) SATA 3 SF2200 controller Toggle SSD (CSSD-F180GBGS-BK)
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: $159.46
30 used & new from $155.67

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea what took me so long to take the SSD plunge!, October 10, 2012
I seriously have no clue why I waited this long. Installation was < 2 minutes, and I was able to leverage USB 3.0 to slap an 20GB Acronis image onto the SSD in less than 15 minutes. Boot up time dropped from more than a minute to 12 seconds or less on Windows 7 Ultimate.

I'm definitely going to watch for another awesome deal and pick up another for my media center machine. Thanks!

Fatheadz Domino Polarized Sunglasses (6 5/8-Inch, Gunmetal, Brown)
Fatheadz Domino Polarized Sunglasses (6 5/8-Inch, Gunmetal, Brown)
Price: $40.76
6 used & new from $40.76

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY - a set of shades that fit and are stylish for the rest of us, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Fatheadz Eyewear Domino XL
Let me preface this review stating that I didn't buy on Amazon, just because I wanted to try them on before I purchased. Let's face the facts - if you've a large head like me, it's tough to find something that looks good and actually FITS. Most of my fitted caps I wear are upwards of 7 7/8", the others are 8's. I was walking through a store that rhymes with All Mart and saw the Fatheadz display and figured 'why not?' No more than a few hours before, I made a girl at the Oakley store laugh when I told her "I've a big, fat head and I can't find a set of sunglasses that fit naturally." Nothing they had in stock, even the Gas Cans, came close to fitting, even with their adjusting the temples. Same story at Sunglass Hut - the largest Ray Bans they had topped out at 62mm.

These shades immediately caught my eye - they looked similar to a way older (and stupidly discontinued) pair of wire framed Oakleys I owned in 2002. They were equally lightweight, and when I slipped them on and I knew I had a winner. Factor in the polarized lenses, and you've got yourself a heck of a deal. I fish, and I wore these all day without the usual polarized lens headache, and with ZERO glare in 10 hrs out on open water.

The sizing is spot on - 72mm lens and 6 5/8" frame width. Why don't the 'other guys' figure out that us folks with big heads *will* pay for quality shades too? STOP paying for shades that don't fit - try these out, odds are, they'll work for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6