Profile for R. Ocampo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 224

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Ocampo "Artisan" RSS Feed (North America)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
T-fal Zen Ceramic Chef's Knife, 6-Inch
T-fal Zen Ceramic Chef's Knife, 6-Inch
Price: $22.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Affordable everyday Chef's knife, May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't find any fault with this product with it's feature and it's price. It's not a stainless steel knife coated in ceramic like the other cheap products. The blade is ceramic.

Like many of you, I have a couple hundred dollar knives on a knife block. Each of those no matter how sharp will need sharpening every now and then.

PROS:
1. Super affordable
2. Pure ceramic blade
3. Elegant white handle and blade with apple green accent
4. Balanced weight
5. Included knife sheath to protect the blade during storage (you probably won't need if you have a knife block already)
6. Stays sharp longer than traditional stainless steel knives

CONS:
1. Cannot be sharpened
2. Relatively more fragile than a stainless steel knife. Like any ceramic product, it can break or chip if mishandled.
3. Knife sheath is cheap. I ditched it and just used a knife block
4. Not as sharp as I imagined
5. Not a real Chef knife size

OVERALL:
Nothing major to complain despite the cons with the price you pay. It's not a Chef knife size, but it's my everyday go to slicing knife. Of course you can't mishandle or sharpen it, but it is supposed to stay sharp long. It's not really as fragile as it is, but it's not as strong as stainless steel knives. For the price, it's an easy replacement for an everyday knife. I will save my more expensive knives for special occasions.

2-pack Rigid Seat Belt Extender (Type A) - Raises receptacle by 5" - E4 Safety Certified - Click & Go!
Offered by GreaTravel
Price: $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5" inches is perfect for booster seat application, May 11, 2015
Simple effective product. I was wondering why this product was showing up as being suggested when I purchased car seat products including booster seats. Well until I tried to make my kid buckle himself up I realized why it was needed. So I read the reviews and measured the width of the actual belts to match the belt extender. I decided on the Type A with a 5 inch length.

A slight snag:

Longer is better so the smaller kids don't have to struggle with reaching down. However, the length doesn't matter if the original belts can't make the extender stand upright. When the extender is buckled into my vehicle, they will just tend to fall down. So my kid still reaches down onto seat to grab the extender upright.

So at this point, 5", 7", 9", etc will not matter. Once they grab into the extender, then they can buckle the belt into it.

I chose 5" to experiment and it worked. The bigger they grow, the more they height of the extender won't matter. Of course extenders don't just serve for car seats and booster seats. If you have a specific application for using the extender, then you will know what length you will need.

But for the use of booster seats, from my experience 5" is perfect.

Just make sure you know what type to purchase. This type A works for the 2010 Dodge Journey rear seats.

TheraBreath PLUS Professional Formula Fresh Breath Toothpaste - Extra Strength, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $26.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly effective resolution that comes with a High price., May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used TheraBreath perhaps around 20 years ago. They were probably a small dental office, but they already shipped worldwide. My goal then when I was in the dating scene was to have awesome fresh breath day and night. My problem was not really chronic bad breath, but I was sensitive to foods with high amounts of sugar including fruits. Any consumption of those and guaranteed my breath would not be as pleasant as the bacteria in my mouth feeds into the sugar. I was amazed how effective the product is but how much expensive it was.

Fast forward to the present and look how big TheraBreath has grown. From the packaging to the product line. But one thing that hasn't changed is the price. I was hoping in a decade or so TheraBreath or other manufacturers will follow suit is mass producing the revolutionary concept then. It appears major toothpaste manufacturers are disappointingly not into this simple effective idea of highly oxygenating the mouth.

Trying this TheraBreath Plus Professional Formula is like visiting an old friend. It's still as effective and revolutionary as it was back then. The good is they have a winning product and command of the market. The bad is that the price is still out of reach for the common people to work as an everyday product to replace the commercial toothpastes.

Until they can bring the price down to competitive levels, people will always be hesitant to try the TheraBreath line and even if they do with highly effective results, the sad truth is it simply isn't sustainable economically.

Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash, Coconut Pineapple, 16 Fluid Ounce
Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash, Coconut Pineapple, 16 Fluid Ounce
Price: $17.95
10 used & new from $12.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Great smell. Too Watery. Not hygienically sealed. Leaks during shipping., April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like everyone else wanting to be healthy, I consciously try to buy organic and/or one with natural ingredients. The current shampoo and body wash I use for my kids right now is the Honest line which isn't organic, but is claimed to at least be less toxic than say the shampoo and body wash we all grew up with.

I had high hopes for the Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash. For a scant 16oz and especially for it's price, I would have expected a great product that's thick. I would have imagined you don't need to use much and that the bottle will go a long way. I also would have expected great packaging.

For the first issue I pointed out, the liquid was too watery I ended up having to use more. This means the product will not last as long as I expect it to be than the other products I use. You know that occurrence when you try to extend the life of a liquid soap by adding more water? It's that yucky watery feeling.

The second issue is that the liquid content arrived leaking all over the box it arrived in. I can't understand why vendors think they can just seal their product with a cap. For an organic product, they don't attempt to place a proper seal to protect the contents first of all from contamination and then from leaking. Then there is the issue of the cap in itself not being water tight. So anytime the bottle is not upright during transport, the liquid will seep through.

And that's what happened to this product when I received it. The bottle was wrapped in plastic as if the vendor already knew the issue and tries to resolve it by not securing the actual liquid from leaking out from the bottle, but by securing the bottle so it won't leak as much on the box. Well it did. I got a wet soapy box.

The only redeeming factor is that the smell of coconut and pineapple is lovely. It's just a shame it's too watery and not properly and hygienically sealed to prevent tampering.

Jackson Safety 25674 V50 Calico Polycarbonate Anti Fog Safety Eyewear, Amber
Jackson Safety 25674 V50 Calico Polycarbonate Anti Fog Safety Eyewear, Amber
Price: $15.34
2 used & new from $7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great construction. Awesome price. From Kimberly Clark Professional Division., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't expect much from this Jackson Safety V50 Calico Polycarbonate Eyewear, but when these arrived I was surprised how awesome these look, feel, and are constructed.

These are from Kimberly-Clark Professional division which I use their blue professional automotive one-time use gloves. So I trust 101% the quality of their professional division. And I will entrust the quality of the polycarbonate lenses of this eyewear to protect my eyes for it's intended use.

The lenses come with a microfiber bag to house the eyewear. There is also an included garter strap to replace the ear stem so it can act like goggles and stay on firmly.

I fully recommend this eyewear and am happy I found these actually exist than the usual eyewear I find at Home Depot. I will buy more in clear and tinted lens versions.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 66.7 Ounce
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 66.7 Ounce
Price: $29.94
3 used & new from $29.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Individually wrapped small bite-sized cups. Not exactly miniature, but smaller than the original version., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Holy peanut butter cups! This is 66.7 ounces of chocolate peanut butter goodness. That's 4 pounds / 1.89KG to you!

It's the classic Reese's Peanut Butter Cups we all love in a smaller sized version. Disclaimer: When I say we I mean everyone that grew up with Reese's and are lucky not to posses peanut allergy.

In any case, I love these individually wrapped smaller cups which I can store in containers at home and at work within reach from the keyboard.

What made me refrain from giving five stars is that when I see the word miniature, I was expecting smaller single-serve cups. These "miniature" cups are still too big. Well, of course these are small than the original Reese's size, but I wouldn't call these miniature.

I'm still waiting for the actual miniature cups. In the meantime, I am enjoying these small sized versions of awesome Reese's.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Perfect Shower, Baby or Birthday Gift for Toddler 32x32" Hooded Towel for Infant to Toddler - Monster
Price: $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive for what it is. Thin cotton material. Bad sewing job., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's okay. It's cute to look at and it will make you laugh with your baby wearing the towel. However for the price of this towel I expected a lot more than laughs. I expected quality construction and premium thick cotton material. Instead I sewing of the "teeth" on the towel is questionable. They didn't sew it properly that two of the teeth are falling apart because the thread didn't completely touch on all the teeth fabric.

Then more importantly the towel is a bit too thin especially for this price. I buy ultra thick towels around four times thicker than this one at wholesale stores for half the price. This towel is too thin I'm afraid it will get limited use from each laundry. The thinness makes it feel cheap.

Overall the price coupled with the thin cotton material and imperfect sewing deserves two stars at best.

Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Price: $16.84
21 used & new from $14.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple. cheap that brings lots of laughs. Limited finger movement., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun product to have in the household. It's definitely for kids of all ages. My four year old kid is having fun playing pretend. Then when he's done, it's my turn to have some fun. I consider my hands in the Medium-Large range, and these Fists are big.

What is it? It's actually simple molded fists made of soft rubbery foam material. You can probably throw punches at your Dad for making you do household errands. But do not attempt to throw punches at your Mom or sibling or these fists will disappear in no time.

For the price, it's a great buy.

Why not five stars? It's cheap and it's simple, but one that brings lots of laughs. The only thing lacking from getting full five stars is because the finger slots should have been built with individual inserts so they can all move independently from each other. Right now only the thumb section is separated from the rest. The remaining four fingers are stuck together so there is limited movement.

It will make it more expensive, but it will make it more authentic in role play.

Vornado 783 Full-Size Whole Room Air Circulator, Adjustable Height
Vornado 783 Full-Size Whole Room Air Circulator, Adjustable Height
Price: $121.15
13 used & new from $95.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Dyson in terms of fan usability, March 22, 2015
Not like how they used to make them. I've been a Vornado fan for decades.

WHAT I LIKE:
1. I like the tactile snap on the rotating knobs that does the on/off and speed selection. It doesn't feel cheap.
2. I'm also sold on the "vortex" concept of moving air by creating a stream of circulation versus just blowing air directly at you.
3. I like the look which doesn't look like your traditional grandma's fan. If I have to own a fan, I won't be ashamed and showing off a Vornado.
4. Tilting head just as all fans should be.
5. Construction. Make. Durability. The plastic material doesn't feel cheap. The metal tubes will definitely than those flimsy metal tubes of other fans.
6. Easy removing of grill via plastic tabs.

WHAT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT:
1. No more variable speed. Vornado used to make fan with variable speed selection. That was the best as it caters to virtually infinite speeds. Now you're stuck with only three typical speeds.
2. Only three (3) speeds? I have a five (5) speed Vornado fan that still works like a charm. It's a trade-off for not having variable speeds. Three speeds is a joke really for something as expensive as this.
3. No height adjustability. You only set a low or high height and that itself involves the extra tubing and a screwdriver. Once you have selected your speed, there is no more adjusting after-the-fact.
4. Needs a remote control these days. Yes we can all easily walk at the end of the room to turn it on and adjust the speed. We can say the same for TVs. At this price it really needs a remote. You set it on one end of the room and control the ON/OFF and speed function wherever you are. No need to walk back and forth.

OVERALL:
I went from owning a Vornado and then thinking that by purchasing a Dyson bladeless fan was a move up. I tried to love the Dyson fan, but really couldn't get any practical use on it other than it looks cool and can belong in a modern museum display. The fans on them wasn't strong at all and was equally noisy.

For the living room, I eventually replaced the Dyson and went back to purchasing this Tornado 783 stand fan. I admit it doesn't look nearly as cool as a Dyson, but this one does the job better and still produces the same amount of fan noise at high speed.

I did wish Vornado improved on this fan as we hit 2014-2015, but was sad to see it was even more dumbed down with no variable speed, only three speeds, and still no remote control function. And at over $100+, it only deserves 3 stars at this day and age.

Pocky Biscuit Stick, Matcha Green Tea, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Pocky Biscuit Stick, Matcha Green Tea, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Price: $23.38
4 used & new from $17.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Only For Fans of Matcha Green Tea Flavour, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I grew up with snacks like Pocky biscuit sticks. I was excited to see that they finally jumped on the matcha green tea flavour bandwagon. Better late than never.

If you're not a fan of matcha green teat taste, then this flavour isn't for you. Unlike other snacks that claims it's matcha flavour (calling Kit Kat) but basically drowns it with milk and sugar, this one definitely has a stronger taste of matcha in every bite.

It's a bit of a change from the usual chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry variety. My kids and I love this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20