Profile for R. Ocampo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 191

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Ocampo "Artisan" RSS Feed (North America)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi Wirless Dual-Band+ Router, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA6100)
Price: $97.94
4 used & new from $70.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic No-Frills Router, September 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't realize how basic this router was in today's day and age. For one Benjamin, I didn't expect much but I didn't expect too little.

This router is for beginners and that's what the selling point is. It's for people who just want to get on wirelessly without any hassle for complicated settings or features. That's a good thing if you just want to connect via a tablet or smartphone. However if you need multiple wired and wireless combination, then it's best to look elsewhere.

Pros:
1. Simple setup
2. Smartphone app setup and controls
3. Multi-voltage power adapter
4. Wireless and wired connections
5. USB 2.0 printer / external hard drive capability

Cons
1. No Gigabit LAN. Only 10/100 connection
2. No Bridge / Repeater Mode to extend a wireless connection
3. Two non-detachable antennas
4. Decent but outdated speed
5. Typical wireless signal strength. Needs to be better for today's standards.

I was hoping to use this as a wireless connection and turn off the wireless feature in the cable/modem supplied device.of my home internet provider. It cannot act as wireless bridge.

Wireless signal despite the two ugly antennas was not any stronger than my current wireless cable modem.

Perhaps as a senior this would be most appealing . All others will need to look elsewhere.

3M 39117 Complete Car Care Kit
3M 39117 Complete Car Care Kit
Price: $47.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Trusted 3M Innovation and Quality, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like this product. I have always trusted 3M for its innovation. I have used a few of their automotive chemicals in the last but not in this form of a complete kit.

The product came in a box within a box. The outer box is from Amazon's shipping department which basically places the 3M packed box inside. As for the 3M box, the bottles are packed right inside via a brown crumpled paper to fill in the gap. This however doesn't stop the contents from moving and shifting around when in transit so I understand how spills can occur. My 3M box had a slight spill from one of the bottles because basically each bottle doesn't have an inner seal. And for bottles with chemicals, this concerns me. So if a cap comes loose during transit, the liquid leaks out slowly as what happened to one of my bottles or severely as what happened to the others who reviewed the product.

Even at half price it may be expensive but the performance each product gives is satisfying. Don't get me wrong, there is no magic in here. Just effective chemicals and elbow grease to make your detailing time worthwhile.

The 3M Car Wash Soap is as I have expected with other car soaps very sweet smelling like cherry. Perhaps it's psychological but it does make washing the vehicle more enjoyable. This preps the vehicle.

From there you grab the Lens and Hard Plastic Cleaner to remove any surface contaminants from the aging process.

Then into the Wheel and Tire Cleaner that effectively removes grease and grime.

If you haven't waxed the paint in awhile then you need to go with the Synthetic Wax Protectant. The chemical binds to your paint to form a protectant while giving a great shine in the process.

The Quick Wax Detailer is an in-between wax for the maintenance of your vehicle protection and shine. Do this until you are ready for your next major wax job.

Now that your exterior has been taken care of. Time for the Leather and Vinyl Restorer. This is one of the better products I've used. Like I said it's not magic but it does work effectively. The best part like my other favourite interior cleaner is that it doesn't leave an oily residue.

Part of the 12-piece pack is actually just 5 pieces of similar micro fiber clothes which if you already care for your car you may have purchased these in bulk quantities like myself. So this isn't really a selling point and doesn't impress me to create a "12 Piece Kit".

I wish they went further and equipped the kit with brushes for the wheel and interior. That would help anyone who wants to build a kit or to simply replace their existing ones.

Overall highly recommended kit especially if you want to replace your micro fiber cloths.

OXO Steel Vacuum Wine Preserver
OXO Steel Vacuum Wine Preserver
Offered by The Kitchen Clique
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Great build quality from Oxo., August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow this was better than I expected for the price it's being sold. I was ready to receive a flimsy device but it's actually a bit more substantial to hold.

The body is made of solid plastic and has metal and rubber accents. The former is to add more class. The latter is for better grip. All three components are well put together.

It is a simple hand pump. You pump to suck the air out of the bottle with the aid of the supplied stopper. Once it gets harder to pump then most of the air is expelled slowing down the oxidation process.

Two stoppers are provided logically for red and white wine. The seal is tight so to release the stopper you simply press down on the grey tab and voila almost fresh wine ready for another round.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this product. Price wise, functionality, simplicity, and build quality makes this a must have.

Fred Perry Men's Check and Stripe Trim Polo, Marl Grey, Large
Fred Perry Men's Check and Stripe Trim Polo, Marl Grey, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Very slim fitting shirt., August 23, 2014
Amazon really needs to start properly labeling the Fred Perry shirts if it's regular of slim fit. As of this writing, there is nothing indicated on the description so just to let you guys know this is a very slim fitting shirt. The tag on the collar says so. I have another similar shirt with both stating slim fit, but this one is even more slim fitting despite the similar styles.

The sleeves are super tight on my arms and the cut on my chest sits very close.

I decided to keep because the collar and sleeve accents are different while the Fred Perry Laurel Leaf logo in burgundy colour pops out in a classy way.

Recommended especially if you have a very fit body.

Fred Perry Men's Trimmed Tonic Polo, Dark Carbon, XX-Large
Fred Perry Men's Trimmed Tonic Polo, Dark Carbon, XX-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim Fit Fred Perry with contrasting pocket and collar., August 23, 2014
Love the textile and love the cut. The contrast pocket and collar is great. It stands out in a classy way.

This is a slim fit shirt so it's a bit tighter on the chest and armholes. Overall a good all-around shirt for shorts or jeans.

WMF Glass Lid for 8-Inch CeraDur Skillets
WMF Glass Lid for 8-Inch CeraDur Skillets
Price: $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, Heavy but Substantial., August 13, 2014
I like this glass lid. Amazon states it's made in Germany, but the box states it's made in Italy. At least it's not made in China as this lid is quite expensive.

I got this to match the WMF CeraDur Profi 8-inch Non-Stick Serving Pan. This glass lid, compared to the pan itself it super heavy. The glass is thick and unlike other glass lids it has no metal ring around where food particles can collect over time.

There are no sharp folds so clean up is easier and smoother when using a sponge.

The top handle is plastic, but substantial to hold.

It's an expensive purchase for what it is, but worth the price it's being sold.

WMF CeraDur Profi Non-Stick Serving Pan, 8-Inch
WMF CeraDur Profi Non-Stick Serving Pan, 8-Inch
Offered by Sturdy Commerce
Price: $54.00
2 used & new from $54.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Personal Pan with Ceramic Coating that's PTFE and PFOA-free. Made in China., August 13, 2014
It's a good looking stainless steel polished to a mirror shine 8" pan suitable to cook for 1 person. For the small size of the pan, it's quite expensive. Despite Amazon's claim it's made in Germany, the packaging clearly states it's made in China. I've emailed Amazon about it. Because of this and because of the price, I'm still debating whether it's worth keeping it.

I was expecting better packaging and presentation but its just cardboard paper wrapping around the pan.

I also got the optional glass lid. At least that one comes in a box and made in Italy. Again Amazon states the lid is made in Germany.

I got this for the organic ceramic non-stick coating that's PTFE and PFOA free. Touted by WMF to be long-lasting and can withstand heat up to 400C / 750F.

Highly recommended if only it was still made in Germany.

Joseph Joseph Caddy Sink Tidy, Dark Grey and Grey
Joseph Joseph Caddy Sink Tidy, Dark Grey and Grey
Offered by MyCuisina
Price: $35.73
6 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money in design and cheap plastic construction!, August 9, 2014
Great in theory. I was replacing my two year old Simple Human in-sink caddy that wax all rubber and stainless steel. I just neglected to clean it regularly and formed too many water residue that made it hard to clean at the end.

I thought this was a nice change since I can free up my sink space.

THOUGHTS:

- Nice design.

- Too much plastic making it too lightweight and less elegant in feel.

- Footprint is larger but has less practical and useable space than my Simple Human in sink caddy.

- Pricing for this plastic is more expensive that the stainless steel caddy. What!

- The rectangular bin is useless for bigger bottles. You'll need a small bottle to have something fit in there. While the bin wall is too tall my small bottle barely peeps out for me to grab properly. They should have just included a custom bottle that's tall and refillable.

- Then there is the small space for a tiny sponge that mr regular 3M sponge is too big. I'd rather they make it sit up vertically to save space and have a smaller footprint.

OVERALL:

Joseph Joseph has some few interesting designs for the kitchen that I own. I took a chance on this one. Now I'm wondering what they were thinking to even get this passed the concept stage. It's a bad design that tosses around too easily. And for the same price as the stainless steel Simple Human caddy, they practically are getting away with murder.

I'm waiting for Simple Human to make a similar caddy for the kitchen countertop. And when that happens I'm ditching this junk.

Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black
Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black
Offered by PaulFrank
Price: $180.60
9 used & new from $159.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and Expensive. Still needs improvements., August 9, 2014
I've been a loyal Sonicare user since their original E-series with the big bulky brush heads and magnetic pulsation. Prior to that I was an Oral-B user with their round toothbrush heads but was never happy with the performance.

Now on my third Sonicare model I opted for the DiamondClean edition in Black.

I can't believe how expensive this model is. The contents are definitely an upgrade with a glass charger and elegant travel case that doubles as a USB charger.

Contents:

1. 1pc. Black DiamondClean toothbrush.
2. 2pcs Black DiamondClean brush heads
3. Glass that doubles as a caddy and charger for the toothbrush
4. Travel case that holds the toothbrush and two brush heads and also doubles as a charger
5. USB cable
6. Home charger base
7. Travel charger

The black looks sleek and very cool. The backlit white lettering and green charging icon are all hidden from view until lit up.

USE:

Charge for 24 hours upon first use.

Press button quickly to select brushing mode.

You can press button another time to turn off.

PROS:

- Lightweight handle versus previous models
- Sleek, elegant design from the handle to the charging glass to the charging base
- Slippery handle becomes almost rubbery when wet
- Quiet operation due to the addition of a rubber ring to dampen the vibrating stalk of the toothbrush

CONS:

- Expensive
- Smooth handle is too slippery
- Charging glass as a storage caddy is almost too useless. It's fine for one brush with a brush head to place while charging. However if you add a second brush head to the mix for your partner then you don't have a toothbrush storage place for it. The extra brush head ends up laying around your countertop. Not to mention they eliminated the color coded rings.
- Brush heads have no more color coded rings for another person.
- Single button for everything just like the low model HealthyWhite series. Why? So much price for too simplistic operation. I want an on/off button as well as a button to change the brushing modes.
- No more UV cleaner that doubles as the storage. I don't mind the UV elimination but at least a caddy for two or more brush heads since they can't all go into the glass.
- Sticking plastic button when not pressed straight down. I found my toothbrush changes modes by itself because the button can get stuck if not pressed straight down. It needs a better button mechanism.

OVERALL:

I purchased this "upgrade" if only for the cool black model. Otherwise the previous Premium Edition with two handles, two buttons, a UV sanitizer that doubles as a toothbrush holder is the best value for your hard earned money.

If I knew what I was getting into I would think twice until an upgrade comes along that addresses the above concerns.

Fred Perry Little Boys' Seersucker Trim Shirt, Navy, 6/7
Fred Perry Little Boys' Seersucker Trim Shirt, Navy, 6/7

5.0 out of 5 stars What this does do is make your little one look smart and polished, August 3, 2014
Another Fred Perry classic. I have the exact shirt and my wife found this one for my little boy. Just make sure you guys don't wear it at the same time unless you have a song and dance number you're doing. Otherwise, skip the tackiness. It's not cute to wear the same shirts. Really.

What this does do is make your little one look smart and polished. As polished as his Dad wearing Fred Perry polo shirts. The stripe accents on the collar and pocket makes your boy look different that the usual Fred Perry polo shirts. I highly recommend this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20