Profile for R. Ocampo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 234

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Ocampo "Artisan" RSS Feed (North America)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wrangler Little Boys' Authentic Boot Cut Jean, Forest Denim, 5
Wrangler Little Boys' Authentic Boot Cut Jean, Forest Denim, 5
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Authentic Boot Cut Jean with adjustable elastic waist. Too bad the boot cut is out of style., August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm honestly not into Wrangler. The offer to try it out for my boy piqued my interest. Upon inspection I was floored on it's authenticity from the outside how it felt and looked exactly like big men's jeans. It's not a lighter version, it's actually the same textile cut for little boys.

Of course that means it may also burden their movement a little bit and put more strain since it's thicker and heavier. I wouldn't make them wear it except during cold months.

I'm not particularly fond of boot cut jeans, but this does help not constrict their movement. Perhaps if my kid wanted to dress up like a cowboy complete with boots then this would make a great outfit. For everyday wear, a slim cut or straight cut style with a bit of stretch on the textile would be perfect.

Then again this is not what this particular jeans is made for. It's supposed to be the authentic boot cut jean and for that it definitely wows.

What's another plus is that the inside has your typical adjustable elastic band to help give a better waist fit without having to wear a belt.

The colour of the jeans alone is bang on. It doesn't look cheap. Let's see how long this will last after a couple of washes.

It's really cool, but until the boot cut style comes back I don't know if my kid can ever wear it as part of his everyday outfit before he outgrows the size by then.

Barbie Saddle 'N Ride Horse and Teresa Doll
Barbie Saddle 'N Ride Horse and Teresa Doll
Price: $44.99
11 used & new from $32.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets tiring quickly. Not perfect walking action. Walks for 5 seconds. No included 4xAAA batteries., August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The horse alone is a cool toy for both girls (and boys!). I have a one year old girl and a four year old boy and they were both grabbing the horse from one another.

The Lowdown:
- Includes Teresa Barbie specially made to adapt for riding the horse
- Includes Horse that walks with or without the Barbie doll
- Includes Maine Brush accessory

It's fun to see the horse walk on it's own. It also accepts the specifically made Teresa Barbie doll which spreads her legs wide enough to be able to sit on the horse. The regular Barbie doll cannot do this. Also the reason why this Barbie doesn't fall is because there's a piece built in her left hand that latches onto the left side of the horse's head. This same latch allows Barbie to start from the standing position (beside the horse) and then swing her over on top of the horse as it starts to walk.

It's a cool concept. Unfortunately it doesn't work all of the time. Depending on the position of the legs of the horse as it walks along, the weight of the Barbie doll causes the horse to collapse. It's not perfect, but when it works, it's cute to see her fling onto the horse and ride away.

What doesn't give it a perfect rating:
- As mentioned above, the Barbie and horse riding concept isn't perfect. It sometimes works depending on the position of the horse's leg so that the moment Barbie flings to the horse, both their weight can be supported so as not to collapse together.
- Where are the batteries? For the price of this toy, I would expect sample batteries at least to start with. This is especially annoying if you give or receive as a gift with no batteries around to enjoy it right that moment. Of course as every parent should know by now, rechargeable batteries on hand are a lifesaver but this is still not an excuse for toy manufacturers to start saving on not including one.
- Limited riding. Pressing the button on it's head will make it walk for about 5 seconds. That's it. You'll have to press it over and over until you're tired you'll end up just grabbing another toy eventually.
- Limited interaction. Everything is stiff so apart from watching it ride on it's own, you can just pretend play but because nothing can really bend (I'd love to have the horse be able to move it's head, ears, and mouth. Since it's also electronic, why not have it make neigh sounds with another button. This will give the toy longer play time.
- Barbie is so stiff as well it can only raise it's whole arm up and down. I would've hoped at this day and age they can make a bendable Barbie and since the horse is electronic, a talking Barbie to go with it.

Overall:
It's okay. The toy loses it's steam fast. It does encourage imagination just like any other toy, but the purpose of this is to make it ride. But even that isn't perfect and the walking action only lasts a few short seconds at best.

With no included batteries, you'll need to spend even more for four (4) x AAA batteries for something that doesn't do as much. It's good for a gift. But for the asking price, I wouldn't buy it personally for my baby girl.

Jefferies Socks Big Boys' Seamless Sport Crew Half Cushion Socks  (Pack of 6), Black, Medium
Jefferies Socks Big Boys' Seamless Sport Crew Half Cushion Socks (Pack of 6), Black, Medium
Price: $14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality. A Medium is way too big and will not fit a 12-1. It's more for a size 2., August 1, 2015
I love the quality of these socks. I got a size medium which states fits size 12 to 6. My son's feet size is 13. No way can this fit even a size 12. It's way too big. I think this would properly fit feet starting at 2 and not even at 1. I would just save this and get a size Small so he can wear it now and be comfortable with it.

SOG Specialty Knives & Tools BLT21K-CP BladeLight Camp LED Fixed Knife with Straight Edge 4.5-Inch Steel Blade and Hard Nylon Sheath, Satin Finish
Price: Click here to see our price
57 used & new from $49.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving the Quality. Loving the Features., August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my second SOG product. One is the SOG Tomahawk which had excellent build quality on top of everything else it had come with. This Camping Knife or what SOG calls their Bladelight Camp is another winner. In terms of build quality, I already had an idea on what to expect from the company. Sight unseen and with the retail pricing, it's a real gamble. But upon receiving it did not disappoint.

Features:
- Satin Polished Blade made from a well known budget 8Cr13MoV created in China (no complaints here!)
- Non-slip Thermoplastic Rubber Grip with lanyard ring
- Built-in LED light (30 lumens) with included 1xAAA Energizer Battery
- Water-resistant housing
- Hard Molded Nylon Sheath with built in blade sharpener, belt loop with metal clip, and line cutter mold.

What I Like:
- The blade. Thick and shiny. Looks indestructible and from what I've read about this type of steel, is easy to sharpen.
- The LED lights are more than adequate and efficient since it's only powered by one AAA battery. Per specs, it will last up to 1.4 hours so bring a spare in the car.
- The nylon sheath is awesome. It's as tough as the blade and has a cutout to convert the blade like a wire cutter. It also has a blade sharpener so it's always ready to go when you are.

What Needs Improvement (AKA why it didn't receive 5 Stars):
- The blade height is too narrow. The blade length is great. It's 4.5 inches. If you need a longer blade then get a different one. But I'm not complaining about the length. It's just the height is too slim for my taste.
- The handle is also too compact for my medium-sized hands. I wanted it to be thicker for a more solid grip. If my medium sized hands are complaining, I don't know how bigger hands will fare with this.
- The tiny light switch. I don't mind it's a bit hard to press so it cannot be accidentally activated. But it's too tiny. Everything needs to be in XL because you know, when you're camping you can't be fumbling around.

Overall:
It's still a great purchase. I honestly wouldn't be full retail pricing on it, but at the current Amazon pricing, it's awesome. If only SOG would create the same knife but give it a beefier handle, with a fatter blade and bigger switch then call it an XL version people would fall in love with it even more.

SOG Specialty Knives & Tools SK1001-CP Survival Hawk, Tactical Tomahawk, Black
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools SK1001-CP Survival Hawk, Tactical Tomahawk, Black
Offered by RPM Solutions
Price: Click here to see our price
51 used & new from $44.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Cow! Great Quality. Great Price., July 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The SOG SK1001-CP Survival Hawk is your go to hunting and camping tool.

- The price is awesome for the quality you get. Construction is second to none. It has a very solid feel like it's indestructible. Heck simply carrying it with me alongside my camping gear makes me feel indestructible.
- The weight is manageable at 1.2 lbs. It's not heavy, but it's definitely not light. It will surely aid your swing. You apply force and it helps you follow through when chopping through wood. Take note this isn't the only one you will be bringing along so don't underestimate as each tool adds up.
- The handle is glass reinforced nylon and has an excellent grip thanks to it's paracord wrapped feature.
- At the end of the handle is a hidden emergency firestarter rod that you screw/unscrew. I had initial hesitations that it might get lost eventually, but being a screw type you cannot possibly lose it unless you unscrew to play around with it.
- Total length is a bit over 12" inches which makes it compact.
- The head is equipped with a blade on one end, a hammer strike in the middle, and a nail puller at the other end.
- To protect the blade and your other gear, it comes with a ballistic nylon sheath so you can store it along your bag or backpack without fear. There's also a belt loop on the sheath so you can easily carry it with you and draw the tomahawk on demand because you know, bad guys. :)

Belkin Apple MFi-Certified 2.4 Amp MIXIT 4-Foot Premium Metallic Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPod touch 5th Gen and iPod nano 7th Gen (Gold)
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium Quality Cables for your iDevices at an Awesome Price., July 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know you was the original manufacturer of this concept, but I had very similar cables from a Kickstarter campaign over a year ago. The concept is very similar - braided cables with aluminum ends. While the Kickstarter cables were reportedly a hit and miss with the backers, this Belkin cable exhibited better overall quality. And of course being a big company, the customer support is there to back up their product.

I like the plastic wrapping on each ends. I wish it were more colour-matched with the cables and metal like the Kickstarter variety is. But the plastic ends on these Belkin are thicker which hopefully protect the cables better from wear and tear.

The braiding is very tightly done and is very smooth to the touch it almost feels like there's a plastic covering on the cables.

The construction is top notch I can't really find any fault to it at all. Upon insertion, I had no issues. It is MFi-certified of course.

I have two of these - the gold and the silver. And if I needed more cables to toss around the home, office, and vehicle I will not hesitate to purchase more to match the premium feel of the iPhone and iPads.

Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charger - Retail Packaging - Gold
Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charger - Retail Packaging - Gold
Offered by 1to3shop-store
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it. It's a tiny device that comes with a gigantic power brick., June 6, 2015
Overall I like it. This product reminds me of an old childhood (80s) joke regarding a salesman walking with a backpack and selling a tiny advanced computer on his wristwatch for cheap. It was so cheap the person he was selling it to didn't even hesitate to buy it. Then as the buyer walked away with the product, the salesman stopped him to hand over the heavy backpack he was carrying saying those were the batteries.

This is exactly what the product is. It's a tiny, awesome looking USB port with sticky rubber feet for your desk or bed nightstand to plug your USB cables and charge your devices. It has awesome LED lights to show which port is being used and when it's charged (probably from detecting that the load the device is taking isn't a lot any longer).

The only problem is that with this tiny charger comes a gigantic power brick. Granted it's hidden from view, but I thought if Apple was able to squeeze a charger complete with power into a small 1" cube, they would have followed suit.

I would have actually preferred they made it bigger and therefore heavier complete with the power brick inside the charger. Then just have a long plug to reach into the power receptacle. That way the charger is also stable on the desktop because despite the sticky feet, it does still manage to move if you carelessly move the wires.

Latest Android device users will need the included cable to make it compatible. It's not an issue since it stays put on your desktop anyway.

In any case, I still like it. It's a little bit too expensive for what it is, but I hope it lasts longer than what the reviewers are experiencing.

AeraMax Baby DB55 Ultra Quiet Baby Room Air Purifier with Odor Reducing 4-Stage Purification
Price: $224.01
2 used & new from $224.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Air Purifier in a Cheaply Designed and Made Body. Needs better design and a remote., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had high expectations for this air purifier especially coming from a company like Fellowes. I thought it was going to be in close competition with Rabbit Air (which is what I had before this came along) with promising design. Taking it out of the box I just felt disappointed as I unpacked and removed the plastic wrapping.

I guess the people gave perfect rating either because they didn't previously own a similar air purifier. But coming from having a relatively cheap air purifier like the 3M Filtrete to a mid range air purifier like the Rabbit Air then onto the German-made "air washer" which is the Venta Air. This AeraMax feels and looks like the cheapest.

QUALITY and DESIGN:
The plastic looks and feels cheap. Too thin and too glossy. The top vent where the clean air comes out can be manually swiveled and reminds me of a late 80's vehicle A/C vent.

FUNCTION:
This is where the AeraMax shines. It has all the bells and whistles from 4-stage air purification to auto function where it detects air quality. Plus it has a filter replacement reminder.

There is a light indicator that goes from blue (good air quality) to amber (not good air quality) to red (bad air quality). When you place the unit on Auto mode which they call the "AeraSmart auto detect", the fan will kick in to a higher speed so it can replace and provide a fresher air.

The performance is no joke as it is certified asthma and allergy friendly by the asthma and allergy Foundation of America. At least what you're buying isn't just a marketing gimmick. This of course comes with a replaceable True Hepa and Carbon filter. It also has an Ion generator with it's built-in ionizer (which you can turn off if you're worried about ozone emissions.

Cleans air up to 300 square feet to effectively remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles.

All this with an impressively small and light footprint. There is a carry handle at the back for easy transporting between rooms, if need be.

There is no remote and the ON/OFF switch is a tacky rocker switch at the back like old time electronics.

OVERALL
Too bad the design and feel of the unit isn't something I can be proud of displaying in the house similar to my Rabbit Air. And with no remote, I can't sing praise for this particular model.

Hoping Fellowed hires a good designer to take their air purifier even further and be able to compete with the mid range air purifiers in a better pricing.

Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Price: $22.74
41 used & new from $22.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap toy. Cheap Price. I miss the die cast metal days., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't mind the sticker applications for this. Reminds me of the days when I used to assemble Revel model cars with those tiny stickers. Same idea here. Probably the reason why the price of this toy is more palatable than more expensive ones. I don't like stickers in general. They don't stay long enough to last especially with the boys' rough play. I would have gladly paid a few dollars more to have it printed on the plastics.

I saw the movie with my boy and we have no issue with Captain America being provided than Black Widow despite her being the one launched from the Quintet. It is my understanding that the motorcycle belongs to Cap anyway so the logic that he's the one included for the toy package makes sense.

My issue is that Captain America has ZERO articulation. Granted it's a small figurine, but at this day and age please make all figurines movable so the kids can play with them in more detail. It's stuck in a riding position so that's pretty silly. It doesn't inspire me to even buy additional figurines for this set.

Second, he doesn't mount properly on the motorcycle nor on the jet. You have to squeeze him into place. Just put a small magnet or simple plastic pole that he can attach to from his bum in both the motorcycle and the jet.

The actual plastic quality is okay. It's not too cheap to the touch. There isn't much movement on the jet other than the cockpit part opening up to let up to four boring figures in. And the drop down hatch to house the motorcycle and to launch it.

My third issue is that the hatch drops down too rough. Then the launching mechanism is too crude for this day and age. It's too hard to press (at least what I got) for a 4 year old kid. A smoother drop down and a more complex mechanism to launch the vehicle would be better for a higher price to pay.

In any case, to launch the motorcycle you first have to press the left tail to open the hatch. Only after the hatch is fully open then can you press the right tail to release the motorcycle. You have to press harder on the right tail because it's just a plastic stick that will basically poke on a button to release the motorcycle.

Too bad competition of the toy industry has manufacturers scrambling for more savings. I miss the days when we has die cast metal and smooth operations.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Nail Clipper
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Nail Clipper
Price: $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking nail clipper when you remove the black housing. Made in Japan., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the portable Henckels nails clippers made in Germany that folds practically flat and comes with a faux leather pouch. As with other portables, it requires a little bit more effort but it is sharp. For full size comparison, I have the Seki Edge nail clippers that are made in Japan. The blades are definitely sharp and requires little effort. This Zwilling J.A. Heckles nail clipper is another made in Japan product. It's a full size stainless steel nail clipper with the addition of the outer housing that catches the nail clippings.

After testing:
1. It does work majority of the time. There are still those occasional nail clippings that bounce away.
2. The outer shell is a little bit awkward to handle especially when reaching the ends of the fingernails as it does get in the way.
3. Blades are very sharp and cut with a quick snap.
4. Because it's a full size clipper, it doesn't fold flat.
5. Nail clippings are hard to fully remove. You have to keep on tapping it to shake it off.
6. Doesn't come with a pouch for convenience and safety when keeping.

Overall:
I decided to actually just remove the outer housing by pulling the clipper straight out. It comes out as a beautiful nail clipper than the dorky housing it is enclosed with.

The nail clippings aren't contained in this case, but so are the other nail clippers that don't have a housing. The only issue is that the nail file is embedded in the black housing rather than a swing out like the other normal clippers. That isn't an issue for me as I never actually used a nail file. For women, I believe this is more of an issue when you remove the housing. For men, the nail clipper becomes an awesome modern looking one.

Too bad there isn't an included pouch to keep and store along with your accessory bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20