Profile for R. Ocampo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 228

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Ocampo "Artisan" RSS Feed (North America)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charger - Retail Packaging - Gold
Incipio Dual USB Desktop Charger - Retail Packaging - Gold
Offered by 1to3shop-store
Price: $16.99
8 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it. It's a tiny device that comes with a gigantic power brick., June 6, 2015
Overall I like it. This product reminds me of an old childhood (80s) joke regarding a salesman walking with a backpack and selling a tiny advanced computer on his wristwatch for cheap. It was so cheap the person he was selling it to didn't even hesitate to buy it. Then as the buyer walked away with the product, the salesman stopped him to hand over the heavy backpack he was carrying saying those were the batteries.

This is exactly what the product is. It's a tiny, awesome looking USB port with sticky rubber feet for your desk or bed nightstand to plug your USB cables and charge your devices. It has awesome LED lights to show which port is being used and when it's charged (probably from detecting that the load the device is taking isn't a lot any longer).

The only problem is that with this tiny charger comes a gigantic power brick. Granted it's hidden from view, but I thought if Apple was able to squeeze a charger complete with power into a small 1" cube, they would have followed suit.

I would have actually preferred they made it bigger and therefore heavier complete with the power brick inside the charger. Then just have a long plug to reach into the power receptacle. That way the charger is also stable on the desktop because despite the sticky feet, it does still manage to move if you carelessly move the wires.

Latest Android device users will need the included cable to make it compatible. It's not an issue since it stays put on your desktop anyway.

In any case, I still like it. It's a little bit too expensive for what it is, but I hope it lasts longer than what the reviewers are experiencing.

AeraMax Baby DBB5 Ultra Quiet Baby Room Air Purifier with Odor Reducing 4-Stage Purification
Price: $224.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Air Purifier in a Cheaply Designed and Made Body. Needs better design and a remote., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had high expectations for this air purifier especially coming from a company like Fellowes. I thought it was going to be in close competition with Rabbit Air (which is what I had before this came along) with promising design. Taking it out of the box I just felt disappointed as I unpacked and removed the plastic wrapping.

I guess the people gave perfect rating either because they didn't previously own a similar air purifier. But coming from having a relatively cheap air purifier like the 3M Filtrete to a mid range air purifier like the Rabbit Air then onto the German-made "air washer" which is the Venta Air. This AeraMax feels and looks like the cheapest.

QUALITY and DESIGN:
The plastic looks and feels cheap. Too thin and too glossy. The top vent where the clean air comes out can be manually swiveled and reminds me of a late 80's vehicle A/C vent.

FUNCTION:
This is where the AeraMax shines. It has all the bells and whistles from 4-stage air purification to auto function where it detects air quality. Plus it has a filter replacement reminder.

There is a light indicator that goes from blue (good air quality) to amber (not good air quality) to red (bad air quality). When you place the unit on Auto mode which they call the "AeraSmart auto detect", the fan will kick in to a higher speed so it can replace and provide a fresher air.

The performance is no joke as it is certified asthma and allergy friendly by the asthma and allergy Foundation of America. At least what you're buying isn't just a marketing gimmick. This of course comes with a replaceable True Hepa and Carbon filter. It also has an Ion generator with it's built-in ionizer (which you can turn off if you're worried about ozone emissions.

Cleans air up to 300 square feet to effectively remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles.

All this with an impressively small and light footprint. There is a carry handle at the back for easy transporting between rooms, if need be.

There is no remote and the ON/OFF switch is a tacky rocker switch at the back like old time electronics.

OVERALL
Too bad the design and feel of the unit isn't something I can be proud of displaying in the house similar to my Rabbit Air. And with no remote, I can't sing praise for this particular model.

Hoping Fellowed hires a good designer to take their air purifier even further and be able to compete with the mid range air purifiers in a better pricing.

Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Price: $22.74
35 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap toy. Cheap Price. I miss the die cast metal days., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't mind the sticker applications for this. Reminds me of the days when I used to assemble Revel model cars with those tiny stickers. Same idea here. Probably the reason why the price of this toy is more palatable than more expensive ones. I don't like stickers in general. They don't stay long enough to last especially with the boys' rough play. I would have gladly paid a few dollars more to have it printed on the plastics.

I saw the movie with my boy and we have no issue with Captain America being provided than Black Widow despite her being the one launched from the Quintet. It is my understanding that the motorcycle belongs to Cap anyway so the logic that he's the one included for the toy package makes sense.

My issue is that Captain America has ZERO articulation. Granted it's a small figurine, but at this day and age please make all figurines movable so the kids can play with them in more detail. It's stuck in a riding position so that's pretty silly. It doesn't inspire me to even buy additional figurines for this set.

Second, he doesn't mount properly on the motorcycle nor on the jet. You have to squeeze him into place. Just put a small magnet or simple plastic pole that he can attach to from his bum in both the motorcycle and the jet.

The actual plastic quality is okay. It's not too cheap to the touch. There isn't much movement on the jet other than the cockpit part opening up to let up to four boring figures in. And the drop down hatch to house the motorcycle and to launch it.

My third issue is that the hatch drops down too rough. Then the launching mechanism is too crude for this day and age. It's too hard to press (at least what I got) for a 4 year old kid. A smoother drop down and a more complex mechanism to launch the vehicle would be better for a higher price to pay.

In any case, to launch the motorcycle you first have to press the left tail to open the hatch. Only after the hatch is fully open then can you press the right tail to release the motorcycle. You have to press harder on the right tail because it's just a plastic stick that will basically poke on a button to release the motorcycle.

Too bad competition of the toy industry has manufacturers scrambling for more savings. I miss the days when we has die cast metal and smooth operations.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Nail Clipper
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Nail Clipper
Price: $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking nail clipper when you remove the black housing. Made in Japan., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the portable Henckels nails clippers made in Germany that folds practically flat and comes with a faux leather pouch. As with other portables, it requires a little bit more effort but it is sharp. For full size comparison, I have the Seki Edge nail clippers that are made in Japan. The blades are definitely sharp and requires little effort. This Zwilling J.A. Heckles nail clipper is another made in Japan product. It's a full size stainless steel nail clipper with the addition of the outer housing that catches the nail clippings.

After testing:
1. It does work majority of the time. There are still those occasional nail clippings that bounce away.
2. The outer shell is a little bit awkward to handle especially when reaching the ends of the fingernails as it does get in the way.
3. Blades are very sharp and cut with a quick snap.
4. Because it's a full size clipper, it doesn't fold flat.
5. Nail clippings are hard to fully remove. You have to keep on tapping it to shake it off.
6. Doesn't come with a pouch for convenience and safety when keeping.

Overall:
I decided to actually just remove the outer housing by pulling the clipper straight out. It comes out as a beautiful nail clipper than the dorky housing it is enclosed with.

The nail clippings aren't contained in this case, but so are the other nail clippers that don't have a housing. The only issue is that the nail file is embedded in the black housing rather than a swing out like the other normal clippers. That isn't an issue for me as I never actually used a nail file. For women, I believe this is more of an issue when you remove the housing. For men, the nail clipper becomes an awesome modern looking one.

Too bad there isn't an included pouch to keep and store along with your accessory bag.

T-fal Zen Ceramic Chef's Knife, 6-Inch
T-fal Zen Ceramic Chef's Knife, 6-Inch
Price: $23.41
3 used & new from $16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Affordable everyday Chef's knife, May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't find any fault with this product with it's feature and it's price. It's not a stainless steel knife coated in ceramic like the other cheap products. The blade is ceramic.

Like many of you, I have a couple hundred dollar knives on a knife block. Each of those no matter how sharp will need sharpening every now and then.

PROS:
1. Super affordable
2. Pure ceramic blade
3. Elegant white handle and blade with apple green accent
4. Balanced weight
5. Included knife sheath to protect the blade during storage (you probably won't need if you have a knife block already)
6. Stays sharp longer than traditional stainless steel knives

CONS:
1. Cannot be sharpened
2. Relatively more fragile than a stainless steel knife. Like any ceramic product, it can break or chip if mishandled.
3. Knife sheath is cheap. I ditched it and just used a knife block
4. Not as sharp as I imagined
5. Not a real Chef knife size

OVERALL:
Nothing major to complain despite the cons with the price you pay. It's not a Chef knife size, but it's my everyday go to slicing knife. Of course you can't mishandle or sharpen it, but it is supposed to stay sharp long. It's not really as fragile as it is, but it's not as strong as stainless steel knives. For the price, it's an easy replacement for an everyday knife. I will save my more expensive knives for special occasions.

2-pack Rigid Seat Belt Extender (Type A) - Raises receptacle by 5" - E4 Safety Certified - Click & Go!
Offered by GreaTravel
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5" inches is perfect for booster seat application, May 11, 2015
Simple effective product. I was wondering why this product was showing up as being suggested when I purchased car seat products including booster seats. Well until I tried to make my kid buckle himself up I realized why it was needed. So I read the reviews and measured the width of the actual belts to match the belt extender. I decided on the Type A with a 5 inch length.

A slight snag:

Longer is better so the smaller kids don't have to struggle with reaching down. However, the length doesn't matter if the original belts can't make the extender stand upright. When the extender is buckled into my vehicle, they will just tend to fall down. So my kid still reaches down onto seat to grab the extender upright.

So at this point, 5", 7", 9", etc will not matter. Once they grab into the extender, then they can buckle the belt into it.

I chose 5" to experiment and it worked. The bigger they grow, the more they height of the extender won't matter. Of course extenders don't just serve for car seats and booster seats. If you have a specific application for using the extender, then you will know what length you will need.

But for the use of booster seats, from my experience 5" is perfect.

Just make sure you know what type to purchase. This type A works for the 2010 Dodge Journey rear seats.

TheraBreath PLUS Professional Formula Fresh Breath Toothpaste - Extra Strength, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $23.23
2 used & new from $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly effective resolution that comes with a High price., May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used TheraBreath perhaps around 20 years ago. They were probably a small dental office, but they already shipped worldwide. My goal then when I was in the dating scene was to have awesome fresh breath day and night. My problem was not really chronic bad breath, but I was sensitive to foods with high amounts of sugar including fruits. Any consumption of those and guaranteed my breath would not be as pleasant as the bacteria in my mouth feeds into the sugar. I was amazed how effective the product is but how much expensive it was.

Fast forward to the present and look how big TheraBreath has grown. From the packaging to the product line. But one thing that hasn't changed is the price. I was hoping in a decade or so TheraBreath or other manufacturers will follow suit is mass producing the revolutionary concept then. It appears major toothpaste manufacturers are disappointingly not into this simple effective idea of highly oxygenating the mouth.

Trying this TheraBreath Plus Professional Formula is like visiting an old friend. It's still as effective and revolutionary as it was back then. The good is they have a winning product and command of the market. The bad is that the price is still out of reach for the common people to work as an everyday product to replace the commercial toothpastes.

Until they can bring the price down to competitive levels, people will always be hesitant to try the TheraBreath line and even if they do with highly effective results, the sad truth is it simply isn't sustainable economically.

Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash, Coconut Pineapple, 16 Fluid Ounce
Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash, Coconut Pineapple, 16 Fluid Ounce
Price: $17.95
11 used & new from $13.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Great smell. Too Watery. Not hygienically sealed. Leaks during shipping., April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like everyone else wanting to be healthy, I consciously try to buy organic and/or one with natural ingredients. The current shampoo and body wash I use for my kids right now is the Honest line which isn't organic, but is claimed to at least be less toxic than say the shampoo and body wash we all grew up with.

I had high hopes for the Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash. For a scant 16oz and especially for it's price, I would have expected a great product that's thick. I would have imagined you don't need to use much and that the bottle will go a long way. I also would have expected great packaging.

For the first issue I pointed out, the liquid was too watery I ended up having to use more. This means the product will not last as long as I expect it to be than the other products I use. You know that occurrence when you try to extend the life of a liquid soap by adding more water? It's that yucky watery feeling.

The second issue is that the liquid content arrived leaking all over the box it arrived in. I can't understand why vendors think they can just seal their product with a cap. For an organic product, they don't attempt to place a proper seal to protect the contents first of all from contamination and then from leaking. Then there is the issue of the cap in itself not being water tight. So anytime the bottle is not upright during transport, the liquid will seep through.

And that's what happened to this product when I received it. The bottle was wrapped in plastic as if the vendor already knew the issue and tries to resolve it by not securing the actual liquid from leaking out from the bottle, but by securing the bottle so it won't leak as much on the box. Well it did. I got a wet soapy box.

The only redeeming factor is that the smell of coconut and pineapple is lovely. It's just a shame it's too watery and not properly and hygienically sealed to prevent tampering.

Jackson Safety 25674 V50 Calico Polycarbonate Anti Fog Safety Eyewear, Amber
Jackson Safety 25674 V50 Calico Polycarbonate Anti Fog Safety Eyewear, Amber
Price: $15.34
2 used & new from $7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great construction. Awesome price. From Kimberly Clark Professional Division., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't expect much from this Jackson Safety V50 Calico Polycarbonate Eyewear, but when these arrived I was surprised how awesome these look, feel, and are constructed.

These are from Kimberly-Clark Professional division which I use their blue professional automotive one-time use gloves. So I trust 101% the quality of their professional division. And I will entrust the quality of the polycarbonate lenses of this eyewear to protect my eyes for it's intended use.

The lenses come with a microfiber bag to house the eyewear. There is also an included garter strap to replace the ear stem so it can act like goggles and stay on firmly.

I fully recommend this eyewear and am happy I found these actually exist than the usual eyewear I find at Home Depot. I will buy more in clear and tinted lens versions.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 66.7 Ounce
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 66.7 Ounce
Price: $29.77
3 used & new from $29.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Individually wrapped small bite-sized cups. Not exactly miniature, but smaller than the original version., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Holy peanut butter cups! This is 66.7 ounces of chocolate peanut butter goodness. That's 4 pounds / 1.89KG to you!

It's the classic Reese's Peanut Butter Cups we all love in a smaller sized version. Disclaimer: When I say we I mean everyone that grew up with Reese's and are lucky not to posses peanut allergy.

In any case, I love these individually wrapped smaller cups which I can store in containers at home and at work within reach from the keyboard.

What made me refrain from giving five stars is that when I see the word miniature, I was expecting smaller single-serve cups. These "miniature" cups are still too big. Well, of course these are small than the original Reese's size, but I wouldn't call these miniature.

I'm still waiting for the actual miniature cups. In the meantime, I am enjoying these small sized versions of awesome Reese's.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20