Profile for R. Ocampo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 221

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Ocampo "Artisan" RSS Feed (North America)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash, Coconut Pineapple, 16 Fluid Ounce
Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash, Coconut Pineapple, 16 Fluid Ounce
Price: $17.95
10 used & new from $12.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Great smell. Too Watery. Not hygienically sealed. Leaks during shipping., April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like everyone else wanting to be healthy, I consciously try to buy organic and/or one with natural ingredients. The current shampoo and body wash I use for my kids right now is the Honest line which isn't organic, but is claimed to at least be less toxic than say the shampoo and body wash we all grew up with.

I had high hopes for the Natures Baby Organics Shampoo and Body Wash. For a scant 16oz and especially for it's price, I would have expected a great product that's thick. I would have imagined you don't need to use much and that the bottle will go a long way. I also would have expected great packaging.

For the first issue I pointed out, the liquid was too watery I ended up having to use more. This means the product will not last as long as I expect it to be than the other products I use. You know that occurrence when you try to extend the life of a liquid soap by adding more water? It's that yucky watery feeling.

The second issue is that the liquid content arrived leaking all over the box it arrived in. I can't understand why vendors think they can just seal their product with a cap. For an organic product, they don't attempt to place a proper seal to protect the contents first of all from contamination and then from leaking. Then there is the issue of the cap in itself not being water tight. So anytime the bottle is not upright during transport, the liquid will seep through.

And that's what happened to this product when I received it. The bottle was wrapped in plastic as if the vendor already knew the issue and tries to resolve it by not securing the actual liquid from leaking out from the bottle, but by securing the bottle so it won't leak as much on the box. Well it did. I got a wet soapy box.

The only redeeming factor is that the smell of coconut and pineapple is lovely. It's just a shame it's too watery and not properly and hygienically sealed to prevent tampering.

Jackson Safety 25674 V50 Calico Polycarbonate Anti Fog Safety Eyewear, Amber
Jackson Safety 25674 V50 Calico Polycarbonate Anti Fog Safety Eyewear, Amber
Price: $18.68
2 used & new from $7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great construction. Awesome price. From Kimberly Clark Professional Division., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't expect much from this Jackson Safety V50 Calico Polycarbonate Eyewear, but when these arrived I was surprised how awesome these look, feel, and are constructed.

These are from Kimberly-Clark Professional division which I use their blue professional automotive one-time use gloves. So I trust 101% the quality of their professional division. And I will entrust the quality of the polycarbonate lenses of this eyewear to protect my eyes for it's intended use.

The lenses come with a microfiber bag to house the eyewear. There is also an included garter strap to replace the ear stem so it can act like goggles and stay on firmly.

I fully recommend this eyewear and am happy I found these actually exist than the usual eyewear I find at Home Depot. I will buy more in clear and tinted lens versions.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 66.7 Ounce
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 66.7 Ounce
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Individually wrapped small bite-sized cups. Not exactly miniature, but smaller than the original version., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Holy peanut butter cups! This is 66.7 ounces of chocolate peanut butter goodness. That's 4 pounds / 1.89KG to you!

It's the classic Reese's Peanut Butter Cups we all love in a smaller sized version. Disclaimer: When I say we I mean everyone that grew up with Reese's and are lucky not to posses peanut allergy.

In any case, I love these individually wrapped smaller cups which I can store in containers at home and at work within reach from the keyboard.

What made me refrain from giving five stars is that when I see the word miniature, I was expecting smaller single-serve cups. These "miniature" cups are still too big. Well, of course these are small than the original Reese's size, but I wouldn't call these miniature.

I'm still waiting for the actual miniature cups. In the meantime, I am enjoying these small sized versions of awesome Reese's.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Perfect Shower, Baby or Birthday Gift for Toddler 32x32" Hooded Towel for Infant to Toddler - Monster
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive for what it is. Thin cotton material. Bad sewing job., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's okay. It's cute to look at and it will make you laugh with your baby wearing the towel. However for the price of this towel I expected a lot more than laughs. I expected quality construction and premium thick cotton material. Instead I sewing of the "teeth" on the towel is questionable. They didn't sew it properly that two of the teeth are falling apart because the thread didn't completely touch on all the teeth fabric.

Then more importantly the towel is a bit too thin especially for this price. I buy ultra thick towels around four times thicker than this one at wholesale stores for half the price. This towel is too thin I'm afraid it will get limited use from each laundry. The thinness makes it feel cheap.

Overall the price coupled with the thin cotton material and imperfect sewing deserves two stars at best.

Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Marvel Avengers Hulk Gamma Grip Fists
Price: $15.99
18 used & new from $10.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple. cheap that brings lots of laughs. Limited finger movement., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun product to have in the household. It's definitely for kids of all ages. My four year old kid is having fun playing pretend. Then when he's done, it's my turn to have some fun. I consider my hands in the Medium-Large range, and these Fists are big.

What is it? It's actually simple molded fists made of soft rubbery foam material. You can probably throw punches at your Dad for making you do household errands. But do not attempt to throw punches at your Mom or sibling or these fists will disappear in no time.

For the price, it's a great buy.

Why not five stars? It's cheap and it's simple, but one that brings lots of laughs. The only thing lacking from getting full five stars is because the finger slots should have been built with individual inserts so they can all move independently from each other. Right now only the thumb section is separated from the rest. The remaining four fingers are stuck together so there is limited movement.

It will make it more expensive, but it will make it more authentic in role play.

Vornado 783 Full-Size Whole Room Air Circulator, Adjustable Height
Vornado 783 Full-Size Whole Room Air Circulator, Adjustable Height
Price: $121.15
14 used & new from $118.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Dyson in terms of fan usability, March 22, 2015
Not like how they used to make them. I've been a Vornado fan for decades.

WHAT I LIKE:
1. I like the tactile snap on the rotating knobs that does the on/off and speed selection. It doesn't feel cheap.
2. I'm also sold on the "vortex" concept of moving air by creating a stream of circulation versus just blowing air directly at you.
3. I like the look which doesn't look like your traditional grandma's fan. If I have to own a fan, I won't be ashamed and showing off a Vornado.
4. Tilting head just as all fans should be.
5. Construction. Make. Durability. The plastic material doesn't feel cheap. The metal tubes will definitely than those flimsy metal tubes of other fans.
6. Easy removing of grill via plastic tabs.

WHAT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT:
1. No more variable speed. Vornado used to make fan with variable speed selection. That was the best as it caters to virtually infinite speeds. Now you're stuck with only three typical speeds.
2. Only three (3) speeds? I have a five (5) speed Vornado fan that still works like a charm. It's a trade-off for not having variable speeds. Three speeds is a joke really for something as expensive as this.
3. No height adjustability. You only set a low or high height and that itself involves the extra tubing and a screwdriver. Once you have selected your speed, there is no more adjusting after-the-fact.
4. Needs a remote control these days. Yes we can all easily walk at the end of the room to turn it on and adjust the speed. We can say the same for TVs. At this price it really needs a remote. You set it on one end of the room and control the ON/OFF and speed function wherever you are. No need to walk back and forth.

OVERALL:
I went from owning a Vornado and then thinking that by purchasing a Dyson bladeless fan was a move up. I tried to love the Dyson fan, but really couldn't get any practical use on it other than it looks cool and can belong in a modern museum display. The fans on them wasn't strong at all and was equally noisy.

For the living room, I eventually replaced the Dyson and went back to purchasing this Tornado 783 stand fan. I admit it doesn't look nearly as cool as a Dyson, but this one does the job better and still produces the same amount of fan noise at high speed.

I did wish Vornado improved on this fan as we hit 2014-2015, but was sad to see it was even more dumbed down with no variable speed, only three speeds, and still no remote control function. And at over $100+, it only deserves 3 stars at this day and age.

Pocky Biscuit Stick, Matcha Green Tea, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Pocky Biscuit Stick, Matcha Green Tea, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Price: $22.75
6 used & new from $17.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Only For Fans of Matcha Green Tea Flavour, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I grew up with snacks like Pocky biscuit sticks. I was excited to see that they finally jumped on the matcha green tea flavour bandwagon. Better late than never.

If you're not a fan of matcha green teat taste, then this flavour isn't for you. Unlike other snacks that claims it's matcha flavour (calling Kit Kat) but basically drowns it with milk and sugar, this one definitely has a stronger taste of matcha in every bite.

It's a bit of a change from the usual chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry variety. My kids and I love this.

Fred Perry Men's Woven Trim Tape Polo Shirt, Steel Marl, Large
Fred Perry Men's Woven Trim Tape Polo Shirt, Steel Marl, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Slim Fit as always. A bit plain., March 13, 2015
Nice slim fit shirt. I have to admit looks better in photos than in person. I have similar shirts of darker hue and I wasn't expecting this to be too light. Of course each monitor is of different calibration so I can't blame the mistake on others. I kept the shirt as the fit is perfect. The trim tape accent is very subtle you'll have to do a double take. The collar and pocket hue accent is what makes the shirt though and brings elegance to an otherwise plain looking polo shirt if they were all the same colour with only the trim tape accent hidden beneath the buttons.

Fred Perry Men's Patch Pocket Penny Collar Polo Shirt, Light Smoke, Large
Fred Perry Men's Patch Pocket Penny Collar Polo Shirt, Light Smoke, Large
Offered by Shkifi

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice baby blue colour accented with white polka dots patch ..., March 13, 2015
Fit as expected for a Slim Fit Fred Perry Polo Shirt. Nice baby blue colour accented with white polka dots patch set against a dark blue tone. Simple and classy. Calls attention to itself, but in a very discrete manner.

Clek Olli Backless Booster Seat, Jet
Clek Olli Backless Booster Seat, Jet
Price: $99.99
16 used & new from $81.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost What I was looking for in a Booster Seat., March 11, 2015
I like the Clek Olli and it was almost what I was looking for in a car booster seat. I like that fact that this simple booster has LATCH attachment so it doesn't go flying away in any situation. But a simple pull of the tether in front will release the seat for easy transport. I also got the leather seating option because although you can almost easily remove the cover, I'd rather wipe any minor spills without having to worry about it soaking through the material like my previous car seats.

Not to mention the padding for the bum is thicker than any booster seat I've seen. My son hasn't complained yet with this seat so that's probably a good thing.

PROS:
1. Premium Leather material seating for easy cleaning.
2. Thick padding for the bum to provide comfort on longer trips.
3. LATCH capability. People also think just because this has LATCH that you cannot use it for non-LATCH equipped vehicles. If you read the instructions, it will simply tell you to tuck the LATCH anchors underneath the seating and use just like any normal booster seat.
4. Surface material can be removed for a more thorough cleaning.
5. Included drink holder.
6. Included strap to attach to the LATCH for easy portability when travelling, if you choose to bring along this seat.

CONS:
1. Plastic rest handles look very ordinary cheap. It cheapens the whole look of this Clek booster seat. They should have designed it a bit better with even more high quality plastic. For $150, I expected a lot in overall design.
2. Drink holder can only attach to one side - the right side. Why? All they have is a simple pocket hole to hook the plastic of the drink holder. They could have easily sewn another pocket on the other side. Again, for $150 this could have easily been done.
3. More colours especially for the plastic parts. How about white for a start.

OVERALL:
Purchased this because of the great reviews. If only they improved on the functionality, design, and colours it would be an easy 5 star rating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20