Profile for N Anvar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N Anvar "KidsMom" RSS Feed (Caribbean)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
An Unexpected Twist (Kindle Single)
An Unexpected Twist (Kindle Single)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a free download!, March 11, 2012
This is a very short read, more like a short story. Andy Borowtiz is so funny. I wasn't disappointed in this. Not something I'd pay a lot for, however. It has made me want to read other books by him.

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea
Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea
by Barbara Demick
Price: $9.04
156 used & new from $4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars THE absolute best book I've read in a long while, March 11, 2012
I could hardly put this down. Even now, a few months later, the stories still touch my heart. I loved this so much and hope that she continues to write more and more books. Barbara Demmick has an amazing gift. When reading her book, you don't feel as if you're reading non-fiction. She writes in a truly engaging style.

Dixon Ticonderoga 10-Count #2 Pencil
Dixon Ticonderoga 10-Count #2 Pencil
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $7.25
12 used & new from $1.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, nothing incredible, September 5, 2010
I kept hearing how amazing these pencils are. Too much hype as far as I'm concerned.
The BIC Mechanical Pencil with Colorful Barrels, Thick Point (0.9 mm)are sooo much better.

Meal by Meal: 365 Daily Meditations for Finding Balance Through Mindful Eating
Meal by Meal: 365 Daily Meditations for Finding Balance Through Mindful Eating
by Donald Altman
28 used & new from $4.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother with This One, April 8, 2010
I'm really disappointed in this book. Most of the days, the entries are not worth my time. Yes, I knew the book would be rather new-agey, but this is way more new-agey than I expected. There are very few practical tips. Nothing incredible in this book. I haven't learned anything new. This is one I'll either be de-cluttering soon or giving away.

Rockwell: A Boy and His Dog
Rockwell: A Boy and His Dog
by Loren Spiotta-DiMare
Price: $12.78
97 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Ilustrated, April 8, 2010
Gorgeous book. Very engaging. We love it and look at it time and time again.

Summer According to Humphrey
Summer According to Humphrey
by Betty G. Birney
Price: $12.52
86 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Nearly as Excellent as the Others, April 8, 2010
My kids and I really didn't care for this book as much as we loved the others. We were quite happy to finish it.
My suggestion: skip this one. Just read the others in the series. Save yourself the time and money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2010 5:43 PM PDT

ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to: Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, Getting Really Healthy
by John La Puma
Price: $13.19
154 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Incredible, Nothing to Write Home About, April 8, 2010
This book is really very basic. I haven't learned anything I didn't know already. Some of the recipes are misguided. For example, there's a recipe for those with GERD (heartburn/reflux) for a Chocolate Smoothie. Everyone with GERD knows that chocolate aggravates it. I'm altogether very disappointed in this book. I should have remembered, when ordering, that most MD's really know so little about nutrition. Nutrition is barely covered in medical school.
Finally, the presentation and layout of the book is quite ugly and unappealing. No pictures. Very dry. Nothing.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 10:55 AM PST

College-Prep Homeschooling: Your Complete Guide to Homeschooling through High School
by David P. Byers
57 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Have Been Far More Detailed, March 23, 2010
The book has some helpful parts, but not nearly as helpful or detailed as it could have been. Much of it is repetitive stuff similar to other homeschooling books - comparing and weighing the pros and cons of various homeschooling styles. If amazon had offered sample pages for this, I probably would not have bought it. I guess the title appealed to me more than anything.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Comfortable, February 21, 2010
I love this yoga mat and am so happy that I chose it. I've been using it for over six months now. It's thick, cushioned, and feels so good. It is a bit more bulky than some other mats, but I don't mind that at all. It's far more comfortable and durable than other mats I've tried and seen.

Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer
Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer
Offered by Cavalier Wholesale
Price: $110.00
41 used & new from $53.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Juicer I've Ever Had, February 8, 2010
This juicer is a complete and utter waste of money. Do not believe the hype! I've gone through a few juicers in over 15 years. I've never seen one like this.
So much vegetables and fruit are wasted. Most of what you're trying to juice ends up in the pulp collector. No wonder they keep going on in their manual and DVD with recipes and ideas as to what to do with your pulp! They give all these recipes for muffins and breads ... but that's not my reason for buying a juicer! I bought it to buy juice. Not to bake muffins! I have never ever seen such little juice come out of a bag of carrots. Unbelievable.
Installing it is a pain.
Cleaning it is even worse.
I wish I'd kept my box so that I could return this.
Amazon should honestly consider not carrying this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5