Profile for D. Peterson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Peterson RSS Feed (Portland, OR USA)

Soundance Portable Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker with Dual Speakers and Enanced Bass Resonator, FM Radio, Built-in Mic, LED Display, Alarm clock, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, support TF card/Micro SD card and USB input, up to 35ft Bluetooth Range, up to 8 Hours Playtime, support MP3, WAV, WMA, APE, FLAC format of audio file SDY019(Black & Red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Build Quality, Failed After 2 Weeks, December 1, 2014
I really wanted to like the Soundance Portable Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker, unfortunately this is certainly a case where you get what you pay for.

The retail packaging is generic, the name Soundance isn't on it anywhere. It comes with the unit, a USB cable, and basic setup guide. A detailed manual was sorely lacking, as questions and problems were immediately noticed. No contact information was included for the manufacturer in case of issues.

While the unit has a rechargeable battery, an AC adapter was not included. I tried to charge the unit using an Anker USB Charger, an Apple iPhone charger, and even my computer. It never would fully charge and would show charging indefinitely.

Basic functions such as setting the clock was difficult. For example, the clock defaults to military time and there is no way to change it to the AM/PM format. The FM antenna was very poor and would not get a clear signal unless near a window. Bluetooth streaming worked well from my iPhone 6 Plus.

After 2 weeks of ownership the unit shut off suddenly and would no longer power on. Thankfully I am still within my return window for Amazon. I would recommend staying away from this one.

OCZ Storage Solutions RevoDrive 3 Series 240GB PCI-Express Gen. 2 x4 Solid State Drive (SSD) with OCZ VCA 2.0, 3 yr warranty - RVD3-FHPX4-120G
2 used & new from $399.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Tricky Setup, September 10, 2012
I recently purchased the OCZ Revo Drive 3 240GB PCIe as an upgrade for my Intel X58 based gaming system. I am using it as the primary boot drive for the OS, Applications, and Games. While the drive was somewhat of a pain to setup initially, I am very pleased with the result. Installation of Windows 7 Ultimate from a USB Drive only took a couple minutes. System startup, shutdown, and application load times is also significantly improved.

I however cannot give the drive a 5 star rating because of a very poor experience during the initial setup. Included in the box is a CD with an electronic manual and drivers, a quick start guide was desperately lacking. If you were using the drive to configure a new system, it would not be possible to read the PDF manual on the CD which is a huge over site on OCZ's part in my opinion.

I installed the PCIe drive and booted into my motherboards BIOS to ensure it was detected. The motherboard should detect the drive similar to a SCSI card and some motherboards you may have to enable the option boot for third party cards. Thankfully in my case the drive was detected and I was able to select it as the primary boot option. I inserted a USB Thumb Drive with the Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installer, selected the drive in the boot menu, and was able to successfully start the Windows setup.

This is where things got a bit tricky. Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1 would not detect the drive at installation despite loading the driver on the CD. I downloaded the most recent driver from the OCZ website [...], extracted it to the USB thumb drive to try again. Windows would not properly detect the driver in the root of the driver folder, and only i386 and amd64 options were listed (this is an Intel X64 not AMD64). After searching the OCZ forums I discovered that the amd64 folder is the one to select (OCZ should have named it x64 instead). This time the drive was detected and I was able to proceed with the installation. Windows installed very quickly and only took 2 minutes. Things have been running great since and I have not had any problems with the drive.

I am not one to write reviews but wanted to share my experience in hopes that it may save others the same frustration during setup. The product itself is awesome, fast doesn't even begin to describe it, but OCZ needs to update their drivers disk and include a Quick Start Guide to help with the installation woes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 7:53 PM PST

Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter
Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter
Offered by AM Pros
Price: $8.69
95 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Also Works With Keurig B-70 System, October 9, 2006
The reusable K-Cup filter assembly allows you to use your own gourmet ground coffee in your Keurig brewer. Simple to use and clean, highly recommended. Also works with the new Keurig B-70 Gourmet Single Cup Home Brewing System that was released October 1, 2006.

Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Offered by Good Luck Bargains
9 used & new from $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Single Cup Brewer On The Market, October 9, 2006
I recently purchased the new Keurig B-70 Gourmet Single Cup Home Brewing System that was released on October 1st, 2006 and have been very happy with it. The machine is extremely well designed, simple to operate, aesthetically pleasing, and most importantly, brews an excellent cup of coffee. I am very impressed with how quickly it is able to brew a cup of coffee, the selection of brew sizes, and how simple clean up is.

There are a variety of single cup brewers on the market now, many utilizing pre-packaged coffee "pods" for brewing. Personally I was not comfortable purchasing a product where I would be locked into the selection and pricing of a specific manufacturer, or one that would only brew coffee and not tea and cocoa. This is just one area where Keurig really shines above their competition.

Keurig has gathered support of a variety of gourmet coffee, tea, and cocoa manufacturers and there currently there are over 140 different types sold pre-packaged in K-Cups including Green Mountain, Diedrich, Gloria Jean's, Timothy's, Van Houtte, Tully's, Coffee People, Newman's Own, Celestial Seasonings, Bigelow, Twinings, and Ghirardelli. Not only is there a large selection to choose from, there are a variety of resellers online offering K-Cups, and pricing is extremely competitive.

In addition to the pre-packaged offerings, Keurig offers the My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter allows you to use your own gourmet ground coffee in your Keurig home brewer. This option provided the extra level of comfort I personally needed to make the jump into a single cup brewer. Frankly I don't find myself using it very often as I had originally thought, as there are so many options available in pre-packaged K-cups.

The pricing of the Keurig brewers are extremely reasonable, and brews gourmet coffee in just a fraction of the cost of purchasing it from a Starbucks, Coffee People, or similar. I expect that my machine will pay for itself in savings in just a couple months of use.

The only suggestion I have for Keurig is that the My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter be included with the sale of the brewer, and not an optional accessory. It is such an inexpensive accessory that I am surprised it was not included. Overall the Keurig brewers are excellent value and quality and would recommend them to anyone interested in a single cup brewer.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 3:46 PM PST