Profile for farrukhy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

farrukhy RSS Feed (cincy, oh)

Bruises: Divorce, Crazyland, Jiu-jitsu...a Memoir (Journey to Black Belt Book 1)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars life lessons on the mat, June 8, 2014
Very good read. The book was heavy on Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and its application to life. Very easy to relate to the author.

Minimal Perl: For Unix and Linux People
Minimal Perl: For Unix and Linux People
by Tim Maher
Price: $34.08
78 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best PERL book I have read, January 18, 2007
I've been trying to learn PERL for a while now. However, time and complications led to me holding off on learning PERL. I did manage to pick up SED and AWK fairly quickly because of mainly dealing with text files on a UNIX platform. This book took that knowledge and converted it into simple one-line PERL programs! Most of all, I was still able to work effectively while learning simple scripts here and there. After a couple of days, I had enough background to start using simple scripts in PERL that could do a whole lot more that awk and sed.

Much like the other reviewers, this is more of a gateway book. I have enough background in PERL now to start using the Camel book 'Learning PERL.'

By the way, I know a couple of languages but it's always tough for me to start a new one. This book made it very easy to start on PERL. Easily my favorite book now.