Profile for anon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 394

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

anon "anon" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nantucket Sisters: A Novel
Nantucket Sisters: A Novel
by Nancy Thayer
Price: $19.71
124 used & new from $1.78

4.0 out of 5 stars A Worthwhile Beachy Read, May 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, I am trying to make sure I don't mention any spoilers in this review because I have seen a few others that to me, seemed like certain things are mentioned that I had not seen coming while I was reading. So I would have hated to read about it in a review ahead of time.

Anyway, I really like Nancy Thayer and I am having a hard time thinking of whether to rate this book 3 or 4 stars. On the one hand, I have read much better from her. On the other hand, I did find myself reading as often as I could because I wanted to know what was happening next. I would say if you like Nancy Thayer or light summer, beachy reads, this is still worth reading.

What disappointed me was some areas felt rushed. With great authors, it's not just about a story. They sweep you up into the characters and the relationships. I think the concept of Maggie and Emily's relationship (as well as others) is interesting and complex, but things seem too rushed, especially once you get about half way through the book.

There is a convenient twist near the end. And then the ending itself is wrapped up much to happily and neatly.Trying not to mention a spoiler, but I would picture a particular, very stubborn character being extremely angry that they were kept in the dark about a certain secret for five years. I think some 'sand would hit the fan' when this character found out rather than a happily-ever-after. I think the book needed a few more chapters, at the very least.

If it all comes down to publishers, I wish they would know that with certain talented authors, we readers want more. This should have been a very thick book, nearly twice as long. Surely the characters, relationships, troubles, and joys could have easily filled several more chapters and would have made us Thayer fans extremely happy, not to mention much more satisfied.

But I am glad I read it. And I could actually picture re-reading in a few summers from now, like I often do with favorite authors and books. I guess for that reason, and that the book did keep be interested to the end, I will go with the four stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 10:07 PM PDT

Mead Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook  (6066)
Mead Cambridge Limited QuickNotes Business Notebook (6066)
Price: $6.98
38 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Homeschool Planning, May 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this notebook. I homeschool my daughter, and it takes some time planning things out and keeping everything organized. I love notebooks like this that have some space on the page that is set up differently than just a regular notebook. When I do lesson plans on regular notebook paper, I always end up having to put post-it notes on many of my pages to highlight things like supplies needed to buy, or books needed from the library, etc. But with this notebook, it has this great highlighted space to jot all that down. This will be great as I start making plans for our next school year.

Academie Wirebound Sketch Diary, 14 x 11 Inches, 70 Sheets (54400)
Academie Wirebound Sketch Diary, 14 x 11 Inches, 70 Sheets (54400)
Price: $14.33
3 used & new from $12.32

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, May 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice big sketch book. I have been doodling a bit, trying out "zentangle" which seems to be popular right now. I like having this big sketch book where I can practice different techniques all on one page to be able to easily look and compare different attempts that I make. The paper is nice and thick, very good quality. This is going to be handy to have this summer vacation to just have fun drawing and doodling in. And it sure beats having a bunch of loose papers floating around.

Kernel Season's Sports Fan Seasoning Variety Pack, (Pack of 3), (8.55oz Total)
Kernel Season's Sports Fan Seasoning Variety Pack, (Pack of 3), (8.55oz Total)
Price: $15.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Choices, May 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This 3-pack was fun to try out. I think my favorite is the Kettle Corn with it's lightly sweet taste. But I enjoyed all three flavors. My daughter likes the Kettle Corn sprinkled on english muffins too. And I tried the Buffalo Wing on a chicken wrap I was making and that tasted really good. I will definitely make that again.

Now I am curious to try all the other flavors available.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't Complain, For the Price, May 20, 2014
This is not a bad shirt for the price. It is meant to be loose fitting. It is not super quality, but really, for the price it is nice looking.

Sunbeam GCSBTR-100 Travel Iron
Sunbeam GCSBTR-100 Travel Iron
Price: $10.04
9 used & new from $8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the Size. But Kind of Leaky., May 20, 2014
I get the feeling that I received an iron that was already purchased and returned by a customer because there was a little water in it that leaked out in the box and there were little water driplets inside the water compartment in the iron. I decided to try it before returning it, and it does work. I was wanting something small for crafts. I do embroidery and also instruct embroidery classes for a small group, and it's nice to have a tiny, light weight iron to bring with me for ironing on patterns.

My daughter used the iron one day to iron a shirt and put water in it. When I was trying to empty out the water left, it came out from different areas other than just the water spout area. So, it seems leaky. But since I pretty much just plan on using it dry, for crafts, I am keeping it. Just beware if you are planning to use water in it.

Allegra Adult 24 Hour Allergy Tablets, 180Mg, 70 Count
Allegra Adult 24 Hour Allergy Tablets, 180Mg, 70 Count
Offered by sweetpea819
Price: $23.99
27 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only allergy med that works for me., May 20, 2014
Back when all these allergy medicines were prescription, my doctor had me on Claritin, then Zyrtec. Neither worked for me. Then he had me try Allegra and that finally helped. It's pricey now that it's over the counter (well, pricier than my co-pay anyways). So I was happy to see it at a good price on amazon. It doesn't help me 100%. But my allergies are so severe, anything that can help a good 60% or so is a blessing.

Razor Wild Style Kick Scooter, Blue
Razor Wild Style Kick Scooter, Blue
2 used & new from $61.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scooter, May 20, 2014
My teenage daughter still loves scooters. Hers has gotten very old and so we got her this new one. She browsed around on amazon and finally chose this. Only thing is it seems a little small for her (she's 14). The handle is a bit low. She looked around more for a color she liked and didn't pay attention to size. But she still likes it and has been using it a lot. The price was great and it's a great quality scooter. She's really enjoying it.

NSSTAR 8" Universal Slim Fit Folio Faux Leather Stand Flip Cover with Magnetic Snap for all 8" tablet PCs with 4:3 scree(Green)
Offered by imbroke
Price: $11.97
2 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, It WILL fit.... (read below), May 20, 2014
EDIT June 20, 2014

IT ACTUALLY *DOES* FIT.

I had to come back and edit my review.

Before tossing out, I decided one more time to just see if I could squeeze my 8" azpen tablet in here (because I truly can't stand wasting money). I finally realized that the little lever that moves up and down, you can lift it upward. It is attached by a stretchy chord inside and you can pull it a few inches up and out. There is the little cut-out area where it looks like that is where it is suppose to slide up and down. That was deceiving to me. My tablet didn't fit by just pushing the lever all the way up within that cut-out area. But after playing around with it some more, I realized that you can actually lift and pull the lever up and move it beyond the cut-out area. Then you fit your tablet in, and let the lever back down. Just straighten and adjust. And there - if does indeed fit. So don't be afraid to pull that lever up and out. You will then see the black stretchy band holding it in place, but it does stretch quit a bit, above and beyond what any 8" tablet should be. So now I am very happy.

******************************************************************************************
Old Review below:

This is NOT universal for 8" tablets! I am really disappointed.

First off, when I got these, there was a strong smell (like all types of these holders seem to have, like kindle holders, etc. - they have chemical smells or something - it must be the type of material or ink it's made with?). So I put them in a spare room to air out for a while. That was a mistake, because I forgot about them for a while and now it's too late to return. I bought two, one for me and one for for my daughter. After airing them out for a month or so, I just went to put our tablets in, and the holders are too small. I cannot squeeze our 8" tablets in. So I am really angry. I wasted $24 for two of these. I just went to do a return, but it says the cut-off date for returns was April 26th. If it wasn't for the strong smell, I would not have had to air them out in the spare room and would not have forgotten about them.

In this economy I hate throwing money out the window. From now on, anything where size is a big deal, I will buy locally and at stores with easy return policies. It would be nice to have a 60 or 90 day return policy. Or if there is a problem with something (like in this case - it does NOT fit!!! which to me is a defect or false advertising) then there should be no limit on the return, or at least a longer return period.

VERY DISAPPOINTED. This is not even worth one star.

Samsung MotionSync Bagless Canister Vacuum with Superior Swivel Steering for Multiple Surfaces and Built-In Accessories - Titanium Silver
Offered by SuperDealsHub
Price: Click here to see our price
6 used & new from $274.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight and Works Great, May 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was so happy to get this canister vacuum. I tend to find up-rights most often, which I don't like as much. And there are many features about this Samsung that I am really liking about it. First off, this vacuum rolls so gently and quietly across the floor. It's light-weight, which is great for me because I have some health issues and do not have much energy or strength. That's another reason I love how easily it rolls around the floor. It empties easily, which is always a plus. And I like how the attachments are built right in or stored on it.

We have all hard wood floors, but if you have a combo of hard floors and carpet, this comes with three different floor attachments. How great is that? There is also a dust detector which does actually work. At first I didn't think this would really be something I'd care about, but it is kind of nice to see it working and knowing when you hit a dusty patch somewhere and want to go over it a few times. I'd say this is probably my favorite vacuum I've had in a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20