Profile for Hardcore COD gamer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hardcore COD gamer RSS Feed

XOXO Women's XO3272 "Boyfriend" Crystal-Accented Watch
XOXO Women's XO3272 "Boyfriend" Crystal-Accented Watch
Price: $16.36
2 used & new from $16.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Craftsmanship X2, August 25, 2012
I bought this watch for my wife for Christmas 2011 because she really wanted it. After receiving the watch, it had an issue where the hands would not pass properly over each other. The battery is still good, as the hands are still trying to move, but are unable to. We returned it, and got another one, however it did the same thing a few months later. If you are looking for a watch with a silicone rubber strap, choose something else. Unfortunately, I am just outside the return window, so we're stuck with a overpriced bracelet. Hope no one asks her the time!!!

PS3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Combat Controller
PS3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Combat Controller

1.0 out of 5 stars Missed the mark, September 1, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
First off, since this is a COD controller, I am mainly talking to the COD audience. I did not try this controller on any other FPS.

I was interested in a little nicer controller due to my dog chewing up the analog sticks on my "Officially Licensed" PS3 controller. I saw the mixed reviews for this controller but decided to buy anyway because one review on here states that the L and R button design should be the standard in FPS controllers.

I did not find this to be the case. First of all, the X-axis (Horizontal) was way too sensitive. I talked to MadCatz and the only way to fix this is to either install a variable resistor in the controller (which is really not recommended at all) or to turn the sensitivity down on the game, which isn't the answer for the Y-axis movements. Personally, I believe madcatz should've had a little more testing on this controller before they mass released it.

Also, with the way my hands grasped the controller, I did not like the placement of the L/R buttons. They are blocky, whereas on the original PS3 controller, the buttons are rounded allowing you to move your fingers more rapidly with less searching for the "correct push" (as is the case with this controller. It does feel good just holding the controller, but holding it and playing it are two totally different things.

This is a big disappointment to me. The visual design of the controller is amazing. I'm sure if you started out on COD with this, or wouldn't mind deviating your playing style a lot from using an original controller, it would be fine and you'd never know the difference. But so far, for me, the "Officially Licensed" controller is hands down the best. I did return the controller within a week of buying it.