Profile for Melissa Harris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 176

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melissa Harris RSS Feed (Nashville, TN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Avery Print - To - The - Edge Round Labels, Glossy White, 2.5-Inch Diameter, 90 Labels (22830)
Price: $16.23
21 used & new from $10.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality., April 20, 2015
I love these labels and they are the perfect size for printing my company logo on them to affix to outgoing packages. I just wish they were cheaper!

May Arts 1-1/2-Inch Wide Ribbon, Fuchsia Satin
May Arts 1-1/2-Inch Wide Ribbon, Fuchsia Satin
Price: $22.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality!, April 20, 2015
This ribbon is gorgeous! I use wide satin ribbon to sew onto tutu skirts for babies and toddlers for my business, Honeybee Workshop. This ribbon was more expensive than what I usually get, but the quality was well worth it. It is SUPER soft and very shiny. In fact, I'm scrolling through right now trying to find a bigger width of the same brand to use. Very pleased with this purchase!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Berwick 2-3/4-Inch Wide by 100-Yard Spool Flora Satin Craft Ribbon, Yellow
Berwick 2-3/4-Inch Wide by 100-Yard Spool Flora Satin Craft Ribbon, Yellow
Price: $13.40
4 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Papery, not soft., April 20, 2015
I was encouraged by the good rating to purchase this ribbon. I was very disappointed when I got it because it is VERY "papery." It is not soft, fabric-ish satin ribbon. I sew ribbon onto tutus to put on babies and small children, so I cannot sew something rough and papery to sell. It may be fine for other crafts, and it certainly was a good deal for 100 yards. But I am not going to be able to use it.

Playtex Spill-Proof Cup Replacement Valves - 4 Pack
Playtex Spill-Proof Cup Replacement Valves - 4 Pack
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $7.79
10 used & new from $3.36

5.0 out of 5 stars New sippies, new stoppers, not the end of the world., April 9, 2015
I have two toddlers 18 months apart, so of course when I was ready to purchase new sippy cups for Kid #2, Playtex had changed their design. To be clear, the "old" cups have a different lid, and a different stopper - it is one piece of silicon with a valve on each end. The tops for the old cups don't even fit on the new cups. This new design has different threading on the lids, and new stoppers - the one shown, which is a circle with the valves at opposite points on the circle. Opinions are going both ways as to whether these will fit the old cups. In my personal experience, NO, they do not fit the old cups. Yes, you can kindof shove them and pull the silicon to stretch from one stopper to the other, but it does not always stay and you're put at risk of leaking and spilling, which is probably the reason you bought the leak-proof cups to begin with. My advice is to do what I did - keep your old cups and stoppers as long as you can, and then when you finally lose all of your old stoppers, you'll just have to invest twenty bucks in new sets of sippies and stoppers. I know, it's kindof a pain that they've changed, but if that's the biggest problem you have in life then you're probably doing okay.

Another tip: When you first receive these, you need to squeeze each valve on each stopper to open up the split in the valve. If you don't, your kid won't be able to get any drink out of the cup. :-)

Embrilliance StitchArtist Level 2 Machine Embroidery Digitizing Software & World Weidner Stabilizer Bundle
Offered by World Weidner - Machine Embroidery Supplies
Price: $379.99
4 used & new from $379.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Digitizing Software for Beginner or Pro - NO additional software needed, February 26, 2015
You do NOT need any additional software to use StitchArtist. When you make your purchase, you are directed to the software company's website, where you download your software. You do not HAVE to purchase anything additional, but like any other website, you MAY if you'd like. This digitizing software is independent. I know many people who have additional software by this company, because we like it! But no, you are not forced to buy anything additional, nor do you need to to use the digitizing software on its own. The previous reviewer either did not understand how to download it or has purchased the wrong item. This software is a standalone product.

Boon Bubbles Suction Cup Bath Toys, Blue
Boon Bubbles Suction Cup Bath Toys, Blue
Price: $14.99
24 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars big Boon fan. Big bath-toy fan., February 18, 2015
I should disclose that I am a huge fan of 100% of the things I've bought by the "Boon" brand. These little suction cups are, like other Boon products, simple, straightforward, clean, and LOTS of fun.

One evening at the beginning of potty training my toddler, he had an accident in the tub. To be expected, not a huge deal, but we ended up having to throw away most of his bathtub toys because they were made from materials I didn't want them using again even after a good bleaching (like foam). I hopped on amazon to find some new toys, the only requirements for them being that they had to be plastic, easy to clean, and NOT have a little hole that water can get into (and never come out!!). These little suction cup toys fit those requirements and my boys LOVE them! There are plenty of them included to have lots of bath fun. My older toddler enjoys sticking them to his little brother's back and watching him try to find them and pull them off. Seriously, hours of entertainment with these things. Ok maybe not hours, but a lot longer than you get with foam toys that you have to throw away when your kid poops in the tub.

My No No No Day
My No No No Day
by Rebecca Patterson
Price: $15.33
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, interesting, entertaining. Even for an adult., February 18, 2015
This review is from: My No No No Day (Hardcover)
After receiving this book as a gift some weeks ago and reading it probably several dozen times, I came to amazon to write a glowing review about its content and was pretty surprised to see the number of negative reviews concerning the book's ability to "teach your child to whine" or the "lack of punishment" for the young main character.

To sum up the book, young Bella describes all the ways in which she was a major brat on a particular day. You got everything in the toddler arsenal here: refusing a certain food, taking shoes off randomly, complaining about crap that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, yelling in public, etc. etc. Then (SPOILER ALERT!), Bella apologizes to her mommy at the end of the book and said it was a rough day, to which her mommy replies, "We all have those days sometimes." Then, Bella is shown as being "CHEERFUL ALL DAY LONG!" the following day.

I love this book because the pictures are really entertaining. The text changes places on almost every page and varies in size. When Bella's words are HUGE and in bold black text, I scream them and my kid laughs uncontrollably. Bella's baby brother's name is Bob, and a toddler pointing to a baby and saying, "Bob!" is hilarious. I can't stress enough the entertainment value of the way this book is composed. It is lots of fun for kids and lots of fun for the adult reading it. You can be as subdued or as outrageous as you want when you narrate this book to your child.

Now, all my personal additions:
If you're on the fence about the book, allow me to pull you off to my side. This book is HILARIOUS. I am 32 years old, I have two toddlers, and I am sick. to. death. of reading some of these books in my kids' room. I mean just sick. Like if my kid pulls out the "Let's All Share and Be Kind to Everyone!" book one more time I'm going to scream. "My No, No, NO Day" is a breath of fresh air from the usual "if you read this to your kids surely they'll be perfectly behaved little robots, no?" fodder that eats up my children's bookshelves. This book is about a real kid, and her real mom, on a real bad day. This book is real life down here in the trenches of parenthood, and stay-at-home parenthood in particular.

Look, children are simply small adults. In fact, they really have it worse because they're small yet have all these feelings and urges that they don't understand. I have long taken exception to the idea that children will be (or even should be!) perfectly-behaved all the time. Decent human beings and decent citizens of their community? Yes. But taking off their shoes or complaining that their peas are too hot? Is this really worthy of a poor review? I consider someone who complains about this book to be the type who either does not know how or does not want to discipline his or her child. A book is not going to teach your child to complain about toothpaste. My toddler knows the difference between acting nice and acting mean. But we all manage to have a good laugh together at this funny and entertaining little book. It's just a book.

Blue Donuts 120 CD/DVD Black Carrying Case w/ Handle and Outer Pocket
Blue Donuts 120 CD/DVD Black Carrying Case w/ Handle and Outer Pocket
Offered by Blue Donuts
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay quality for price., January 28, 2015
This case is probably not one I would choose if I abused my CD/DVD case, but for my purposes it's fine. This is the case that holds all my toddlers' assorted Little Einstein and Sesame Street DVDs - along with the ones their grandparents keep buying them even though I've said a thousand times they have more than enough. Anyway, the case is sturdy enough that I believe it will hold up to some toddler mischief. The plastic sleeves don't seem all that sturdy (and you have to pull the tab out of every sleeve before you use it - see my photo) and I do worry that eventually they're going to start ripping out, especially as little kids aren't typically the most gentle with their belongings. But in the end, you know, I paid 8 bucks for the case including Prime shipping, so if it lasts longer than 6 months then I'm good with that.

KEEN Women's Voyageur Hiking Shoe, Brindle/Alaskan Blue, 6.5 M US
KEEN Women's Voyageur Hiking Shoe, Brindle/Alaskan Blue, 6.5 M US
Price: $114.95
6 used & new from $114.95

5.0 out of 5 stars High arch, very comfortable., January 28, 2015
I LOVE these shoes! I actually meant to order a different style, but added these to my cart instead. I'm glad I did; these are wonderfully comfortable. My only small issue is that the arch seems almost a little too high. Now, I have very high natural arches, so this is fine for me, but I feel like some people with a lower arch may find this uncomfortable. For a purchase like this, I would definitely try them on somewhere first. I love these shoes and I know we're going to have some great adventures together.

Thorlo Women's Moderate Cushion Coolmax Light Hiking Mini Crew Sock, Khaki, Medium/10 (Ladies Shoe Size 7-9)
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, if a bit expensive., January 28, 2015
VERY comfortable! These will be great socks for light hiking. I've worn them out and about several times now. They were a bit expensive, but not when compared to other hiking socks. Reading the reviews, I feel confident that these are going to last forever!
I was worried about the cushion - would it be too much? Too little? It is the perfect amount of cushion. My shoes still fit great, but my feet feel like I'm walking on clouds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18