Profile for jmcal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"jmcal" RSS Feed (Grahamsville, NY United States)

M'Boom
M'Boom
24 used & new from $11.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Creativity at its Best!, April 23, 2002
This review is from: M'Boom (Audio CD)
This recording is an example of great minds/musicians given free reign to explore their creative boundaries. The astounding use of such varied percussion instruments from the musical saw to the timpani playing the melody on Monk's "Epistrophy" is not only musical but inspiring. This recording features some of the greats of Jazz and World Drumming. Freddie Waits, Joe Chambers, Roy Brooks and Fred King to name a few, all shine on these tracks. I highly recommend this for those of you who are adventureous and into creative music. I had the great pleasure to see this group at S.O.B.'s in New York in the early '80's and they were wonderful!

Fifa 2001 Major League Soccer
Fifa 2001 Major League Soccer
Price: $23.99
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars FIFA is the only way to go for Soccer Video Games, November 22, 2001
I am a huge soccer fan as well as an intently involved athlete in the game.FIFA is for Real.If you have ever seen a Pro Soccer match on TV this is almost exactly like one except you control it.I have become basically a master of this game crushing all oppenants as well as the computer on some of the hardest settings.I recently sold my PS1 in order to gain money for the purchase of a PS2,I sold quite a few PS1 games but this is one that I couldn't let go of.Really an excellent game.

Roll on
Roll on
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is some Catchy Punk, November 22, 2001
This review is from: Roll on (Audio CD)
Australia's only great Punk type band(Silverchair is great too but they're grunge).Basically every track on this CD are great catchy songs with stunning riffs from this outstanding musically adept band.Lyrics are deep and stick in your head while they are also unique in every song on the album.None sound exactly alike so don't be worried about repetitive crap shown by lots of other bands.The Living End are a treat to listen too in their self titled album and "Roll On" both of which I own.

Silver Side Up
Silver Side Up
Price: $5.00
386 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, November 22, 2001
This review is from: Silver Side Up (Audio CD)
Nickelback...WoW, I first hear them with there song "Leader of Men" from their first album "The State". But this was the first one I had purchased and they rock!Almost every song is catchy and has great music and lyrics.Some songs talk about the lead singers haunting childhood and about all sorts of other topics worth listening too.Nickelback knows what they're doing just listen.

Stormchaser Gamepad
Stormchaser Gamepad
Offered by Parrot Bay Sales
Price: $17.77
17 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Controller-I don't see how it could get less than 5, November 22, 2001
This review is from: Stormchaser Gamepad (Accessory)
The controller is insanely comfortable with its bottom rubber grips and outstanding analog stick. They aren't too floppy and give you absolute control for almost any genre of games.I love the type of design that it has-different grips,hand grasps stuff like that.Great controller but I usually like to try mine first so...

Price: $29.99
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Vive La Resistance-Medal of Honor Underground, November 22, 2001
What a great game.Probably the best 1stperson shooter I've ever played on PS1 and I've played practically all of them.Where to start hmm...
-Hauntingly Real Sound enemy footsteps are insanly real(One of the reasons I almost crapped my pants playing this game at nite)
-Awesome and realistic
WWIIweapons,stens,smg44s,panzerfausts,sniper rifles,Big Joe crossbowes and all sorts of cool stuff
-Ferociously smart enemys who are all over and lots of fun
-Very good graphics for a PS1 game
I must warn all whimpy gamers who are not up to such an enjoyable challenge as this.My only scrap with this game is that sometimes your enemies can hear you from miles away and occasionally can hit you through walls or various other obstacles.No blood when you shoot up the bad guys either so it's acceptable for most of the kiddies.Beat this game on regular mode before you get all the cheats and have fun with it with all of them.-Definately a keeper.

007 Racing
007 Racing
Offered by SHARPEY MEDIA
Price: $19.61
124 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Euh...how can a Bond game ever be this BAD, November 22, 2001
This review is from: 007 Racing (Video Game)
Appaling...I was very excited when I first saw this game and bought it.After I played it though I almost wept with dissapointment.
-Graphics are choppy and mechanical
-Controls are robotic and unbalievably annoying to use
-Missions were pathetic-it was basically just the car getting in the way and making you(Bond)incredibally unmobile
-Camera views were infuriating I better not even get started on them there's a 1,000 word limit so...
After I played this game on 1 player I was disappointed and so I tried multiplayer which also made me wanna puke. I crawled back to the store of purchase and begged them to exchange it for me and finally ridded myself of this pathetic excuse for entertainment.Torch this one on site folks, No joke.

Price: $29.99
99 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, A few flaws, October 30, 2001
Well, this game is one of the best PS1 games that I own.I enjoy it thouroughly almost never getting bored of it.I've beaten the game about twice, then I found all the cheats...different story.But the sound in MOH2 is one of the best,graphics are excellent for a PS1 and the guns and fighting are very realistic.The one thing that keeps MOH2 from getting that 5th star is the different graphic flaws and the over strength(at times) of the nazi enemies...The weapons and the different levels are great and I never get bored of it and the minor problems I mentioned are doable so overall I enjoy it. I would say to rent it first unless you love 1st person shooters and a good challenge/piece of history.