Profile for Tabitha06 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tabitha06 RSS Feed

Braun NTF3000US Braun No Touch plus Forehead Thermometer
Braun NTF3000US Braun No Touch plus Forehead Thermometer
Price: $44.53
22 used & new from $37.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Thermometer I've Used, October 17, 2014
I first want to start off by saying I received this thermometer for free to test and review. I have never used a Braun thermometer before but I have used other forehead thermometers that weren't great, so I was a bit skeptical. I had a Vicks forehead thermometer prior to this one and I really, really disliked it. It took forever to take the temperature, you had to move it all around and push the button multiple times before it'd read the temperature, and there wasn't an off button. I've used this Braun thermometer multiple times over the last couple weeks and I'm totally impressed by it. I took mine, my son's, my sister, and my parents temperatures both from touching the forehead and from a distance and it read the same both times. It takes the temperature quickly and has lines that show you how long until it's complete. I like that it has an on/off button separate from the button you push to take the temperature as well. The light showing where you're aiming when not touching the forehead is very helpful as well. I'm one of those parents that frequently check their child's temperature through the night when they're sick, so not having to wake up my son by rubbing the thermometer across his forehead like with previous ones will be extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend this thermometer to everyone.

FOR B173RW01 V0 Brand New A+ Glossy WXGA++ 17.3" 17.3 Inches Laptop LCD LED Screen (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP)
Offered by Vtek Screen
Price: $71.58
4 used & new from $71.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 30, 2014
I am always worried about the whole 'Up to 3 dead pixels are ok' thing, but I've purchased 3 of these screens for different laptops in the last year and they've all been perfect. A little over a year later the first one I purchased is still working like it's brand new. Definitely recommend it. My only issue is that I need more contrast, but I'm pretty sure that's a laptop setting issue and not the screen. Unfortunately, laptops don't have the ability to change the contrast.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good, February 19, 2012
I received an email from Amazon stating that I only had a few more days to purchase a Protection Plan for my Kindle Touch. I somehow missed that I could do that, so when I received the email I immediately purchased the plan. I have a habit of breaking my electronics, so I thought $30.00 is a small price to pay when I am inevitably going to accidentally break it. The papers came in just a couple days. I was glad I didn't have to wait weeks to even receive the warranty. I live in Ohio, and there was a disclaimer about Ohio residents and fixing the Kindle costing more than the cost or something. I was really confused, and thought that meant my Kindle wouldn't be covered if it was completely broke, so I called the number on the warranty. I didn't have a long wait, and the representative was very nice. He explained to me that my Kindle would be covered, and put my mind at ease. I was surprised the call was so easy, usually there is a long wait and it's hard to get anything explained. I didn't give the protection plan 5 stars because I haven't had to make a claim on it. However, I don't expect there will be any problems if the time comes to do that. I'd say it's definitely worth the $30.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
6 used & new from $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, January 18, 2012
I got the Kindle Touch for this past Christmas. I had never used a Kindle before, but I had tried one out at Target. I was so disappointed in that Kindle that I didn't want one for Christmas anymore. I'm glad my parents didn't listen because that thing must have been messed up from being used by so many customers.

I registered my Kindle after getting it completely charged. I used the cord that came with the Kindle and charged it using my computer. I read through the User's Guide to make sure I completely understood how to use my Kindle. I had read a review on here when I was trying to figure out which Kindle I wanted. The review said to read the guide to make sure you know exactly how to use the reader, and I definitely agree with that. It just makes it so much easier. I ended up downloading a couple free books from the Kindle Store, and started reading. The menu is easy to access, as is the store. The pages are easy to turn both forward and backward. I haven't experienced a delay as some others have. The screen looks nice and crisp, and there aren't fingerprints on the screen. It hardly weighs anything, which is a major plus when you are laying in bed reading. The Special Offers don't bother me either. When the screensaver is on I'm not really paying attention to the Kindle, so that is no big deal. The home screen banner is very small and at the bottom of the screen. There have actually been a couple offers I took advantage of. I haven't charged the Kindle since that first day, and I still have over half a battery left.

One thing I forgot is you have to have a light to read in the dark. This is rather obvious, but it is easy for some to overlook. I just bought a $2 book light from Walmart, but I am planning on getting a lighted cover very soon. One complaint about this Kindle is sometimes I tap the screen and nothing happens. I am pretty sure this is because I'm not touching the screen good enough, so I guess I really shouldn't complain too much. The only other thing I don't like is some books have 'locations' instead of page numbers. The percent you have read is always in the corner, but the location thing can be annoying. This is a book thing though, not the actual Kindle.

Overall I would definitely recommend this Kindle to everyone. It is easy to use, has a nice screen, it is lightweight, and very convenient.

Clarisonic Mia 2 Facial Sonic Cleansing System Limited Edition Bonus Gift Set, Pink
Price: $149.00
3 used & new from $149.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, January 18, 2012
I actually received the Clarisonic Mia 2 this past Christmas. I had read reviews of them on QVC, but I thought the price was a bit steep. I just threw out there I would want one for Christmas, and, lucky me, I got one. The packaging is nice and contains quite a bit of information. There is a little booklet like thing inside the packaging that tells you about the different brush heads, and what each one does. Instructions for cleaning the brush heads and handle is there too. Also, when you purchase this particular color it helps support Look Good...Feel Better, which is for cancer patients. My kit came with a 1 oz bottle of Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, but I don't know if that particular brand is standard or just what I got. It also came with 2 different brush heads, one sensitive and one deep pore.

I really like the pLink charger. It is magnetic, so it just sticks to the bottom of the handle. There is a light around the handle that flashes until the Mia 2 is charged, and then it is just a solid light. You have to charge after about 24 uses. The speed is also indicated by the light on the handle. I believe the top light is normal speed and the bottom light is slightly slower. There is a button to change the speed by the power button. The 1 minute T-Timer is very useful. You do 20 seconds on your forehead, it then buzzes to let you know to switch to your nose/chin for 20 seconds. The third buzz signals to do your first cheek for 10 seconds, and the final buzz is for your other cheek. When you use the Mia 2 you can hit the power button and it will pause for 30 seconds. The only thing I dislike about this is you have to count to do 10 seconds on your nose and 10 on your chin. When I'm finished I just shake the water off a little and put it in the travel case until it dries. After that the case gets closed and it gets put in the medicine cabinet.

I started off using the sensitive brush head but decided to switch to the deep pore one because I have large pores. Both brushes worked wonders, but I think the deep pore brush has made my pores a little less visible. My face is ridiculously soft and smooth. I still have break outs, but I'm pretty sure that is because I have been using some generic makeup. I had a lot of blackheads and both brushes helped remove them completely. I started off using the Philosophy that came in my kit, but I switched to my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub. You can use basically any cleanser with the Clarisonic. Within 3-4 days I could tell a big difference in my skin.

So, to end a rather long review, this thing is definitely worth the money. The amount of makeup this thing takes off my face is incredible. I have never used anything that has made my face so smooth either. Other than the beep I feel would help, and there not being a holder because it is a travel Clarisonic, there is nothing wrong with this product. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants better skin.