Profile for easmith14@hotmail.com > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"easmith14@hotmail.com" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Upstairs Room (Trophy Newbery)
The Upstairs Room (Trophy Newbery)
by Johanna Reiss
Price: $6.29
287 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, December 15, 2000
I first read this book when I was in the 6th grade, and I have read it many times since. It tells the story(true story) of two Jewish sisters, Annie and Sini, who must go into hiding during the holocaust. It is a wonderful first-hand account of the fears and joys that these girls shared. They stayed with a kind family in the country, who risked their own lives, to help these girls. There are so many interesting things in this book, like the small hiding place they built in the attic, in case the nazis came. One of the most touching stories, is when the girls, having been locked up for months, are smuggled outside in a wheelbarrow, and allowed to lay in a field so that they can feel the sun. The first time I read this book, I felt as though I were with Annie and Sini. Johanna Reiss tells her story in a beautiful and touching way. Her descriptions are so vivid, that you can "see" the attic they lived in, and the family they lived with. I highly recommend that everyone read this wonderful tale.

The Whole Nine Yards [VHS]
The Whole Nine Yards [VHS]
VHS
Offered by MediaBazaar
Price: $1.49
130 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K., but not the best, August 2, 2000
I am a huge fan of both Willis and Perry, but I'm not the biggest fan of this movie. While there are quite a few funny moments, they are few and far between. It seemed as though the writers had written some funny stuff, and then came up with some boring lines to act as filler. The instant love between Perry and the blond woman, wasn't believable. Rosanna Arquette's accent was absolutely hideous. The only redeemable quality, was Amanda Peet as the hygienist turned hit man. She was very funny. This movie is o.k. I wouldn't buy it, if you want to see it, rent it, or wait for it to come on t.v.

Sex and the City - The Complete First Season [VHS]
Sex and the City - The Complete First Season [VHS]
VHS
Offered by HereToday
Price: $4.95
85 used & new from $0.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Funny!, August 2, 2000
I was reluctant to watch "Sex and the City", because of the title. I was afraid that I was in for a mild x-rated series. I was so wrong. This is one of the funniest series I have ever watched, and it is the only show on television that I make a point to watch every week. The show centers around four friends, who are quite reflective of real friendships that real women have. These characters represent any real group of girlfriends (the conservative good-girl, the sensible lawyer, the fiery sex-kitten, and the quirky one). They are real women, discussing real things. While this is obviously not a show for younger viewers, I highly recommend it for young adults and older.

The Lion's Lady
The Lion's Lady
by Julie Garwood
Price: $7.19
299 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, August 2, 2000
While I generally enjoy Garwood's Highland-based stories, this one, set in England, was pretty good. Christina has been raised by indians, but is now back in England to claim her heritage. Lyon is the man she marries, to keep her devilish father from getting his hands on the money. This is one of the cases, where the couple is already in love before they marry, but she fears she will lose him, if he knows that she was raised with an indian family. The story and character development wasn't as strong in this book, as they are in other Garwood books. However, the journal entries that begin each chapter, are very interesting, and I found myself looking forward to reading those, more than the actual story.

Wisconsin Death Trip
Wisconsin Death Trip
by Michael Lesy
Price: $24.55
89 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A strange account., August 2, 2000
This review is from: Wisconsin Death Trip (Paperback)
This book is eerily intriguing. In one small area in Wisconsin, strange things happen. There is a high death rate, a high insanity rate, and many accounts of strange happenings. This book is very interesting, and some of the pictures are rather unsettling. Michael Lesy has done a very compelling study of these people, and provides first-hand details of what went wrong in this section of Wisconsin. I highly recommend reading this disturbingly interesting book.

Now & Then
Now & Then
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $9.99
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Great, Great!, July 31, 2000
This review is from: Now & Then (Audio CD)
The first time I saw "Now and Then", I knew I had to get the soundtrack. All of the songs in the movie take you back in time. My favorites by far are "Band of Gold" and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". The only song I don't care for is "Now and Then" by Susanna Hoffs. One not-so-good song on a c.d. is pretty good in my book. This is a really fun c.d., especially for the summertime. I highly recommend it.

Come By Me
Come By Me
Offered by Down South Treasures
Price: $3.99
268 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 27, 2000
This review is from: Come By Me (Audio CD)
Harry Connick Jr. is on of my favorite singers, and I was glad to see him return to his original style of singing. The first two songs on this c.d., "Nowhere in Love", and "Come By Me", and wonderful. His version of "Danny Boy" is touchingly beautiful. The only song I don't care for on this album, is "There's no business like show business", it some how seems to be missing something. All in all, this is a great c.d., and is well worth a listen.

The HOSTAGE BRIDE : THE HOSTAGE BRIDE
The HOSTAGE BRIDE : THE HOSTAGE BRIDE
by Janet Dailey
39 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good......for a romance novel, July 27, 2000
I really enjoy this book, and I find myself re-reading it often. Basically, Tamara is a beautiful accountant at a large firm. Bickford Rutledge is her handsome boss(he recently took over the company). He wants her from the moment he sees her. Tamara's mother is dying, and Tamara received a loan from her former bosses, to help with the expenses. To Bick though, it looks like she has stolen money from the company. He fires her, and then tells her that she can either marry him, or go to prison. She, of course, marries him. He treats her rather rudely for awhile, and then begins to fall in love with her. However, there is always that doubt in his mind that she may just be a money hungry trollop. Needless to say, there is a rash decision made on her part, that proves to be a test of their love. This is a good book, even though it is very far-fetched at times.

The Frustrated Bridegroom (Signet Regency Romance)
The Frustrated Bridegroom (Signet Regency Romance)
by Barbara Allister
52 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Read, July 27, 2000
Here's the story: Emily and Anthony have been in love for years. He went away to war, and when he returned, he and Emily are to marry. Anthony, or Hawk as he is called, marries her quickly, but then keeps his distance from her. Emily is frustrated, and doesn't understand why Hawk won't touch her. There is, of course, a mean stepmother, who belittles Emily. A precocious little brother, who adores Emily. And a mystery, which is a side-story to the love-story. In the end, we learn about Anthony's secrets, and why he has kept his distance. It is a very enjoyable book, and I highly recommend reading it.

She
She
Offered by SHOP@HOME
Price: $9.79
382 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Departure, July 27, 2000
This review is from: She (Audio CD)
While Harry Connick Jr. is generally know for his big band sound, I found this change to be a pleasant one. I am a huge fan of all of his work, this album included. By far, the best songs on the c.d. are "She", and "Whisper Your Name". This album has great songs, and shows Connick's versatility as a performer. I highly recommend this album to everyone, especially Connick lovers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7