Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for PROBLEM CHILD > Reviews

Browse

PROBLEM CHILD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PROBLEM CHILD RSS Feed (Henderson, NV)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ribay Soccer Ball with Pump, Size 5 - White
Ribay Soccer Ball with Pump, Size 5 - White
Offered by the beading point
Price: $19.89
2 used & new from $19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't really judge quality of sports stuff well but ..., May 18, 2016
I don't consider myself an expert reviewer in this area but I did also order a Wilson soccer ball and I really can't see any difference between the two as far as quality or appearance. This Ribay soccer ball seems to be a legitimate item, and the pump worked as well.

Men's Outdoor Casual Multi-pocket Mesh Photography Pockets Fish Vest
Men's Outdoor Casual Multi-pocket Mesh Photography Pockets Fish Vest
Price: $25.90 - $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's light like a windbreaker and has pockets aplenty, May 7, 2016
$20 for this included shipping, taxes--everything. At that price, this appears quite well made, and with decent materials. It's light like a windbreaker and has pockets aplenty. Has to be some kind of exploited labor going into it. I feel kind of bad now.

Oxo Good Grips Magnetic Mini Clips 8-Pack, Assorted Colors
Oxo Good Grips Magnetic Mini Clips 8-Pack, Assorted Colors
Price: $6.99
8 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..., February 7, 2016
Colors are nice but No, the magnet is not strong, at least not any more. These are small, probably the very smallest size you would even want to consider, and in these hard times where even multi-billionaires are suffering hard and squeezing the rest of humanity for more and more, almost 7 buck for these felt like a small fortune. I use them since I have them and they will hold a sheet of paper to my fridge, but I would not get these again.
I've gotten ones way better then these for FREE.

New Mexico Hatch Chile Powder, 18 Oz
New Mexico Hatch Chile Powder, 18 Oz
Offered by Angelina's Gourmet®
Price: $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This seems like a very nice powder, September 4, 2015
This seems like a very nice powder. I don't find it over hot, but I definitely notice it, which is about where I like it. Of course in your recipes you can use more or less of it and/or mix it with a milder or hotter power to find your ideal flavor and heat level. I last ordered it 4 years ago, and I've been out of it for at least a couple of years. which tells me I use it up quick when I get it. I made a lot of chili with it. I probably should have gotten a couple to save on shipping as Angelina's will discount shipping for multiple items in an order This time around I want to use it to make enchilada sauce, and couple of reviewers here say it works great for that. Plus I think it's about time to make chili again. Yum!
Unless something has changed, I don't know how a person could go wrong with this powder. By the way, when I ordered it before they were calling it Anaheim chili power.

Tapp C. Business Name Card Holder Stainless Steel Case
Tapp C. Business Name Card Holder Stainless Steel Case
Offered by Predestination
Price: $2.06
36 used & new from $1.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice item for the 2 or 3 bucks I paid, March 14, 2015
All metal construction seems durable, looks nice. I didn't feel any discomfort from carrying it in slacks pockets. If you do, possibly super glue over the offending edge to smoothen it. Yes, grease from your fingers will smudge onto it. If that embarrasses you, give it quick wipe against the insides of your pocket before you take it out. No else will ever notice either way. You can pay more for these I'm sure, but I don't see how you could get more than this. Very happy with this.

Wolverine Men's W03106 Oxford
Wolverine Men's W03106 Oxford
Price: $50.39 - $160.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work Out For Me, September 25, 2014
Overall, it does seem like a quality product, but I ordered them twice had to return them both times.
Regular size 9 was too small, which has never happened to me before and I'm in my forties. When the second pair came, the left shoe fit great, but the right shoe had bad cushioning around the big toe area of the steel toe and as a result the edge of the steel toe was digging into the side of my right big toe. This was definitely not a matter of breaking the shoes in. A few hundred paces and I'd have have been in some serious pain.
Maybe 3's the charm?
I could order a third time. After all the first time was just a size thing. But now I'm wary because any issue with that cushion around the steel toe could easily make the shoes unwearable, whether it's straight out of the box or something that develops a few weeks or a few months later after the shoes are too worn to return.
I was able to return these for free both times. If you order these or any shoes with a free return option, don't be shy, use it as many times as you need to. It's there for a reason.

Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
by Arianna Stassinopoulos Huffington
Price: $16.90
424 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars More Millions $$$ for Arianna HUffington YAY!!!, July 11, 2014
Arianna was a liberal, then a conservative, and then a liberal again (sourced from Wikipedia) and I'm pretty sure that the way she cashed in on a liberal image has pretty much sealed the deal and that she won't switch for a third time.
Basically she has amassed a personal fortune from monetizing liberal topics in the media, and when she found--as she says--that she had burned out, she wrote a book to monetize that as well.
This book has nothing original in it apart from some of her own personal experiences, so if you're really interested you can spend $23 to find out about those. (You'll probably have worked a lot harder for that $23 than she will have.) Otherwise, there's absolutely nothing you couldn't find somewhere else, probably for free. Huffington is really good at working the cult of personality which she has built up around herself, that's why there's a picture of her face on everything she's written recently in order to promote it. And you can bet that for her, this so-called "third metric" is at best a really, really, really distant third--as the first two are money and power--and in fact nothing more than a marketing gimmick to monetize her burn out.
As you'll see for yourself, the "third metric" itself is a pretty fluffy concept, in essence a feel-good moment to be shared among fellow CEOs and multimillionaires--but nothing that they wouldn't have thought of themselves and nothing anyone else could possibly relate to. For more detail on that, I defer to one of the spotlight reviews by reviewer "Wallaby" who directly and concisely spells out the reality of the content of this book and the big nothing that Thrive really amounts to in terms of value add over and above information that's available elsewhere. People describe an "Arriana Huffington" "way" when it comes to mindfulness, spirituality and so on, and for her books that "way" probably includes paying to get through her information that you can get somewhere else for free.
I hope this review was helpful. Thank you for your kind attention.

The Pueblo Indians of North America
The Pueblo Indians of North America
by Edward P. Dozier
Price: $23.06
74 used & new from $1.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a "Pueblo Indians For Dummies", December 31, 2013
This survey takes major topics relating to pueblo Indians, discussing different pueblo groups mostly for the sake of comparing and contrasting to better understand those general topics. So this book more of a thematic overview than a detailed discussion.
Dozier was a top rank scholar (Wikipedia has an article about him--highly recommended) and you can feel his passion for the facts and personal commitment to an objective study. The book is an academic work and reads almost technical at many points but shouldn't overwhelm most readers, though it's definitely not light reading or any kind of "Pueblo Indians for Dummies".
As my first read on the topic, it made me want to learn more so I have just ordered Ortiz's book on the Tewa pueblos. There was some really surprising information in here, that other reviewers have alluded to.
It might take a few pages to get used to Dozier's clunky, old-school academic prose, but I found it absolutely worth the effort.

11 Practice Tests for the SAT and PSAT, 2014 Edition (College Test Preparation)
11 Practice Tests for the SAT and PSAT, 2014 Edition (College Test Preparation)
by Princeton Review
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Years--and Runnin', September 20, 2013
I came back to Amazon to see if the Princeton Review was still going because now my boy is in 10th grade and he's going to have to face this SAT thing. I myself used this exact same book, Cracking The SAT, some 30 years ago. It really helped me then, and I can see, from it's sales volume on Amazon and reviewer references to the strategies, that it has completely stood the test of time.
HERE'S THE THING:
Most of you don't need much if any review of the actual subjects, yeah, the overall English or Math. In fact you most likely, and rightly, think that you mastered those pretty well along the way, got A's and B's on the tests, etc., right?
In fact it's precisely because you are confident in the subjects that you'll walk in to the SAT totally cold; You'll blow off the strategy aspect, which is where the test will kill you, because ***the devil is in how the questions and answers are set up***, NOT in how deep your subject knowledge is.
HERE'S WHERE "CRACKING THE SAT" COMES IN:
Some SAT prep books are mainly subject review. They are not much more than just mini-English, or mini-Math review courses, with some practise questions that are composed by the authors of that book--just for the sole purpose of testing your subject knowledge.
But, again, the actual SAT is NOT testing how deeply you know the subjects. This book does has a few pages to call your attention to KEY PARTS of the subject matter, a relatively few points that are very commonly used on the REAL SAT. From there, Cracking The SAT takes you into the mindset of the people who make the test, so that you can then decode the test by recognizing different question types, spotting clues in the answer choices and through a number of other really practical techniques.
Going through actual practise tests, applying these techniques and then watching your score go up and up and up will be one of the coolest feelings ever and make you A LOT more confident about your college apps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 3:48 PM PST

Hit & Run: Revisited
Hit & Run: Revisited
Offered by skyvo-direct-usa
Price: $16.30
38 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "Oh yeah that chick band on my Motorhead album.", April 10, 2013
This review is from: Hit & Run: Revisited (Audio CD)
I haven't reviewed anything in a long time, no time to, but this is truly exciting. This is a re-recording, in 2011, of an album by Girlschool, Hit and Run, that they originally put out in 1981--one of the peak years of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, which is exactly what this music is. So there are a few things that it isn't. Not to say anything against other genres, but just to clarify: this is not thrash, or speed metal. There's nothing here that's like what you'd find on a Metallica or say Slayer album. It's definitely not grunge. And most of all, it's nothing like most of the heavy metal put out by bands some of whom were big and truly great back in the day but seem to have lost their focus.
This is rock.
This is old-school, wheel to the ground, smashing, thrashing, in-your face New Wave of British Heavy Metal like it has rarely been done since around 1980. If you have and love say, Killers by Iron Maiden, Ace of Spades by Motorhead and/or Appetite for Destruction by Guns and Roses, then this rerecording was made for YOU. Listening to it took me right back to the first time I listened to any of those three albums in the 80's. Every single song smoked and sizzled, made your hair stand up and made you say "[...] YEAH!!!"
5 stars? Absolutely! I'll be adding some notes about each song below. Meanwhile, if this review has resonated with your musical tastes, be good to yourself and pick this up.
C'MON LET'S GO
This starts off with a guy snorning--pretty bold way to start off a metal album if you think about it. The motorcycle engine starting impression done on guitar probably woke that sucker up! Then comes the pounding, baby! (Denise you punish the [...] out of those skins the whole album. You rock like no other, and that's why I love you so very, very much.)
The punk roots of NWOBHM really shine through on this song, and the vocals give just the right amount of added grit for the perfect way to kick off a kick [ass] album.
THE HUNTER
The way the chords integrate on this song really reminds me of Scorpions, and the song could have gone right on Scorpions Blackout album and kicks just as much [...] either here or there. Black Out, by the way, came out in '82, a year after the original recording of this album. If you have Blackout, you'll know what I'm saying here. If you don't, then you really just need to get it.
(I'M YOUR) VICTIM
You definitely get a thoroughly sizzling beginning to an incredibly heavy song, definitely on par with anything on Appetite for Destruction, which came out in the late 80's. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that G & R cite Girlschool as one of their influences. Violently heavy! The vocals give a little grit on this song, though mostly the vocals on this album are just straightforward in a way that's kind of surreal given the incredibly heavy sound overall on this album.
KICK IT DOWN
Here you've got another song that starts like a bat out of hell! This song could have gone right on Ace of Spades (yeah, it's that good). It's at least as heavy as anything there, with skin pounding and a totally relentless twin guitar attack throughout. There could definitely be some mutual influence between Motorhead and Girlschool, and I know credit, well it's blame actually, is given to Lemmy inside the cover for his support over the years.
This is one of the two more contemplative songs on the album, still heavy as [...]. The vocal style is straightforward here, very pretty and feminine--really nice vocals, and fits in great with this heavy number. There seem to be a lot of minor notes and there's a haunting feeling you get listening. This song doesn't remind me of any other band, but stands up to anything else on the album. Love this one.
TUSH
Obviously this is the cover of the ZZ top song, heavy as anything, and with 2 guitar solos. [...] that was heavy! Definitely feeds the beast and I can always relate to what they're saying here. (And what can I say, Girlschool, if you ever make it to Vegas, and you ain't asking for much, I can probably meet any one or all of you half way on that one :p.) Only thing is they shouldn't say they've been good, when they've only been bad!
HIT AND RUN
This is yet another totally killer track taking us to 7 straight. If this doesn't earworm on you then something is really, really not right. I LOVE the guitar solo and how it's backed up--makes my hair stand up every time, just mighty! Again, I'm reminded of G&R. Or, more accurately, G&R reminds me of this. There's a way that for G&R, when they are at the top of their game, their songs don't *play*, they rage. Violently heavy is the only way I can describe it.
WATCH YOUR STEP
Just as on the opening track you can really hear the punk influence in this fast-paced rocker. But punk is maybe more than just an influence here. The song opens just like you might expect something off of G & R Appetite for Destruction, and never lets up from there.
BACK TO START
This is the other contemplative song on the album, contemplative, not *soft*. Nothing can celebrate that chaotic beauty that is electric guitar like open chords. Think of Running With The Devil, by Van Halen, the opening and choruses, how all it takes is some open chords sizzling in the air and the song shreds! I like this song in the same way as that VH number. I've picked up the original recording of Hit And Run, and this song wound up the most different from it's original version, in a way to highlight the guitar in a way that is heavy and awesome. This song really stood out to me right way first listen of the wholererecorded album, and I also love the gentle, straighforward vocals that sound so good against the heavy-as-[...] instrumental rhythm. Compilation albums seem to ignore this track, but hopefully future compilations will at least pick up this version of this song. I love, love it!!!
CAN'T DO THAT
This is the nod to been-there-done-that-don't-even-go-there-get-out-of-my-face-you-middle-aged-mother [...] teenage rebellion! This song got a lot of attention I gather when the original version came out in '81. I think I can here accents a little bit this time around. When they say "Yeah, Right!", it falls somewhere between "Yeah, right", and "Yeah, royt!" Love their accents, so cute, haha. And you've got another really smoking guitar solo coming at you again. I'm telling you that you really gotta be ready when you put this album on. The soloing is great not for it's technicality, but for how catchy it is and how well it fits in with the song. If you like that about Fast Eddie, you'll be in your element listening. (Oh Girlschool, stay with this sound and don't ever change!)
FUTURE FLASH
Heavy rhythm and gritty vocals and some sinister touches support the refrain "Out to get you", and the guitar solo will drive home the urgency of the situation. I've been fans of some bands, but never a groupie. Until now. (So if you're out to get me, then here I am, baby, here I am!) Again, bearing in mind that all this material long preceded anything by Guns and Roses, this song rocks in a way where it would hold it's own against anything on Appetite, for thrashing, smashing--for anything. I would seriously LOVE to hear G & R covering Girlschool, and vice-versa.
DEMOLITION BOYS
From their first album, Demolition, this track is really suitable for a heavier makeover as it does sound more in the vein of Hit And Run than it does like most songs from Demolition (also highly recommended to you). The pounding rhythm (no rest for Denise here) and crashing chords make this number extra heavy.

Then there's another version of C'mon Let's Go, the same except sung by Doro, so you might like that if you're a follower there. Anyway, it's hard to relate with the written word how much your ear loves something, but hopefully I've conveyed some of my excitement for this album to you. And my references to other bands come not because those bands have better material than this, but just because getting the proper promotion and exposure they are the bands that rose to set the standard here in the U.S. where most people reading this review will probably be from.
Obviously, it's my hope that you buy this and enjoy it as much as I did. I think it will help make your year.

*Note about buying early Girlschool albums: Avoid this or that "import", or older additions put up for sale often $50 or more EACH. Instead, you can get Collection for about ten bucks, or you can go deaper and get full versions of Girlschool's first four albums (includes Demolition, H & R and the next two albums for about 30 bucks, at least at time of writing) in a box set called Bronze Years. That's what I did, no regrets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4