Profile for Charles Montgomery > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 177

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charles Montgomery RSS Feed (AL U S A)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
Price: $121.80
37 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My best choice for a jump starter carrying its own battery, April 28, 2015
I got this for a Christmas gift for a grand son. I liked the description when I bought it and he hasn't complained about it. Though one of these items does not get used often, thankfully.

OXO SteeL Can Opener
OXO SteeL Can Opener
Price: $18.95
11 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A can opener I have been looking for, April 28, 2015
This review is from: OXO SteeL Can Opener (Kitchen)
A fine can opener, though it's hard to think of loving a can opener, which the 5 stars implies. We are both older people and need an opener that is easy to use . This one is great. No problem at all in turning the big soft handle. Easy to lock onto a can too.
I haven't used it but for a few months, but if I have trouble with it I will add to this review.

The Fighting Temeraire: The Battle of Trafalgar and the Ship that Inspired J.M.W. Turner's Most Beloved Painting
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting story about a famous ship, April 28, 2015
I liked the book but it was kind of tiring at times. There was no real novel to keep one interested in people and their relationships with each other.
It is the story of a special ship and it's sailing life in 18th--19th century English Navy which is during the Napoleonic Wars. This is a grand old time for a sailing warship like the Temeraire, a 98 gun 3 deck man o' war. The book traces the history of more than one ship named Temeraire. The 1st being a captured French vessel in 1762 to the one in the title which was launched in 1798 and fought heroically in the Battle of Trafalgar. The sad end of the great ship is the topic of a famous painting by Turner as it was being towed to its final destination to be broken up for its useful parts.

Ramage: Volume 1 (The Lord Ramage Novels)
Ramage: Volume 1 (The Lord Ramage Novels)
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A good ol' sailing story about the turn of the 18th Century British Navy, April 28, 2015
I am a long time fan of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey Maturin books. I have been looking for some more sailing books. It seems books on the British Navy are the best stories one finds. Pope's Ramage is a believable character and the history is accurate and fun to read. Ramage's relationship to Jackson reminds me of Aubrey and his close ties to some of his sailors. There is more than one event ongoing in the book, though not all at the same time. Pope weaves them together with no loss of the story . I like his use of nautical terms. I had to buy a Patrick O'Brian dictionary from Amazon to help me with the terminology. It comes in handy for the Ramage series. I hope my choice of third person is correct. Been a long time since I had any grammar.
I thoroughly enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one in the series.

Stylemaster Home Products Elegance Voile Door Panel, 60 by 40-Inch, White
Stylemaster Home Products Elegance Voile Door Panel, 60 by 40-Inch, White
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice curtains, April 28, 2015
Quick delivery. Curtains as described and good quality. Would use seller again.

Citizen Men's BM8430-59E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet
Citizen Men's BM8430-59E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet
Price: $150.00
19 used & new from $126.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Better time than my Rolex, April 13, 2015
I had my old Rolex completely cleaned and reworked about 6-8 months ago for $475.00 and it stopped keeping good time about 2 months ago.
Good time for a Rolex is just close to accurate. I decided to retire it since I inherited it from an uncle who bought it in the early 1960s. This Eco-Drive Citizen is spot on. I check it with a cell phone and so far I notice no difference in times. One reason I got the BM8430 is that
I don't like the big and thick cases on a lot of watches today. The 9mm thick and 37 mm diam feels great and is about the same as my Rolex. It was easy to set and easy to change to daylight savings--if you have the instructions that come with it. When I got mine I needed to remove a link from each side of the band. I ordered one of the SE 16 pc $5.95 watch tool kits by Micro-Tools. They have everything you need to work on a watch other than watchmaker stuff.
But before it came I wanted to wear the watch, so I took a
gym clip that would fit the pin holes in the band and straightened it then bent it at 90 degrees about 5mm. from the end. I sat the band on a washer then gently tapped the bent clip on top of the short piece till the pin came out enough to catch it with a pair of small pliers. It didn't take as long to get the pin out as it has taken me to type this. I didn't get to use my nice tool kit but if you don't like challenges and fooling with home made tools I would get the kit anyway. It will make adding or removing links a breeze. Order it when or a little before you order the watch so you don't have tho wait to wear it.

The Eco -Drive is special in itself. Unless something bad happens to it I shouldn't need another watch for a long time.

Energetic Lighting ELY06-EAS-VB-6 A19 - 40 Watt Equivalent 450 Lumen Non-Dimmable, 6-Pack
Offered by Woot
Price: $32.99
2 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine so far, April 13, 2015
I haven't had them long enough to give a real 5 star review . They are brighter than a old type 40 W incandescent bulb with much less energy lost to heat. I have been so disappointed with the little curly fluorescent bulbs that were touted to last so long. Mine never make it as long as they say on the carton. I will report later after I've used these LEDs for a longer time.

Deadman's Fury (The Deadman Series Book 2)
Deadman's Fury (The Deadman Series Book 2)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fine Western author, January 11, 2015
I enjoyed the book; the author spins a good tale. I would have given 5 stars but I got a little tired of seeing "menses" and hearing about "blood" at that time of month. I thought I might be reading a Dr. Oz story. I'm a fairly old man who's used to the L'Amour and Grey type westerns so I guess I just wasn't ready for all the women problems even though I helped rear 4 girls.

The storyline kept me right with Sherriff Wilcox and hoping he caught up with the bad people before the victims were lost for good.
I liked the author's descriptions of Seattle and eastern Washington. I lived in Seattle long ago and loved the whole state. Like all western Washingtonians, Mt. Rainier just blew my mind having come from the Southeast with no mountains whatever.
I read this one first but had no trouble with any of the family or placing people in proper order. I do plan to get Book 1 of this series.
Another thing I liked about "The Deadman" books is that they are both over 300 pages and do not end too soon.
I've always hated for a good book to end.

ASICS Men's GT 1000 2 Running Shoe,Black/Onyx/Lightning,9.5 2E US
ASICS Men's GT 1000 2 Running Shoe,Black/Onyx/Lightning,9.5 2E US
Offered by shoecity
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for walkers who over pronate, January 10, 2015
I have had lower back problems for some time now. I had an operation 4 months ago which really changed my life as far as back pain is concerned. My Dr. told me to walk a lot. Before the surgery I could not walk 100 feet without terrible pain. Now that I can walk, I needed some shoes to walk in. After a search on Amazon for gel sole shoes I saw these ASICS and noticed they were also engineered for pronation problems. I love them. My feet, ankles, and calves just do not hurt any more. I'm now up to 3 mi/day now and loving it.
I was afraid this model might be changed or discontinued so I bought a second pair.
Oh yes, with Prime there was also an extra discount too.
Keep it up Amazon.

CURT Manufacturing 40030 2-5/16 In. Diameter Chrome Trailer Ball
CURT Manufacturing 40030 2-5/16 In. Diameter Chrome Trailer Ball
Price: $13.46
25 used & new from $11.08

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is a real heavy duty ball, January 10, 2015
I needed a 2-5/16 in Ball for my boat trailer. I This ball was plainly described but I didn't read the description carefully enough.
This is the heavy duty 15,000 lb tow weight ball. The attaching bolt is 1-1/4 in diameter where the regular 2-5/16 ball has a 3/4 in bolt to attach it to the hitch which my hitch uses. The amazon prime price was such a good deal and I felt responsible for the error so I kept the ball and will use it if I ever need a heavier duty ball on that new boat I want.
Workmanship and chrome plating is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18