Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Tiger > Reviews

Browse

Tiger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 313

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tiger RSS Feed (San Jose, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tomcat Press 'N Set Mouse Trap, 2-Pack
Tomcat Press 'N Set Mouse Trap, 2-Pack
Price: $3.86
14 used & new from $3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Set / Possibly Best Easier Option for the Price, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Honestly, I'm a little reluctant to try and set the usual old spring-loaded traps. This mechanism is definitely a lot easier to set with less worry. I was considering more expensive solutions like batter-powered electric ones, and then there are the catch & release ones. But I would much rather drop them in the trash than figure out where to release them to. These seem like a simple alternative, in the same price range of inexpensive traps. I have a puppy, and honestly I'm still not going to set them anywhere near where I'll let the dog go. But I think they live up to their claim of being easier to set.

Tomcat 8 Count Ant Glue Traps
Tomcat 8 Count Ant Glue Traps

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for Inside / A Non-Toxic Option to Try, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For paper tents with sticky bottom, they would be fine for any ant interested enough to climb on in. I was interested in these because of a recent puppy, so I'm not very interested in bait that might be eaten by my dog. These seemed like an interesting alternative. The only real complaint I have is that they are paper tents, and our ant problem is outside. I really don't expect them to stay very long outside where I put them, with wind, the dog, or the gardener blowing leaves. Given the glue works only so long as it remains sticky, they are probably best used inside. At least they are a non-toxic option to try at home, so little harm in trying. But you don't get the confidence of knowing if they eat bait, they go back and kill their colony with it. I don't foresee these solving an infestation, but like others said, it might work as gathering evidence of ant activity if you aren't sure.

Corsair K30 Gaming Keyboard, 6 Programmable G keys, Backlit RED LED
Corsair K30 Gaming Keyboard, 6 Programmable G keys, Backlit RED LED
Price: $59.99
22 used & new from $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as Described / Depends on Preference, June 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works as you expect, and is a gaming keyboard. The keys stand up taller, visibly stand above the keyboard surface, and have more resistance during the press and a sort of punchy feel, like keyboards from the 90s, opposite of a laptop keyboard. It has more gaming buttons to tie in to things. And it has a decent non-slip feet, at least more than my ordinary keyboard. It is wired, which give the best possible performance when the fastest response would be noticeable, perhaps for FPS or some RTS games. But for simple city builders, or games like Stronghold, or point & click adventure where timing isn't everything, it isn't really necessary. For convenience, I still find that I prefer my Microsoft 3000 wireless keyboard & mouse because the wires just get in the way. I have this to swap in when I need something more, but I play FPS games with a gamepad. You can't argue with the extra buttons that you might find useful.

I would recommend you try one out at a store to get a feel for it, because the rest is just preference, like any keyboard. Personally, I like a lighter touch to the keys. The keys' resistance feels more squishy to me and not as fluid. However, you may want that when you don't want to accidentally do anything. The surface is also an odd feel to me, not simply smooth plastic surfaces on the keys. They almost feel slightly rubbery.

SteelSeries Rival 100, Optical Gaming Mouse - Forged Red
SteelSeries Rival 100, Optical Gaming Mouse - Forged Red
Price: $39.99
36 used & new from $33.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, But Depends on Preference, June 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yes, the mouse works as advertised, no complaints on functionality. It is a wired mouse for best possible performance in gaming. The buttons and scrolling worked fine, but didn't stand out as special to me. And it has rubber grips on the sides. My only real complains are preferences. It is a rather low profile mouse that doesn't fill my hand enough to feel natural. And with any wired mouse, the wire can become bother. If you aren't playing intense FPS or maybe some RTS games, any ordinary mouse will do in my experience, such as playing a city builder, or a game like Stronghold, or point & click adventure. Anytime I had lag, it was because of something else going on that reproduced both on the wired and ordinary wireless mouse. If you want wireless for fast action gaming, make sure you get a wireless gaming mouse, because it would matter. They'll eat batteries faster, but that is on purpose. I keep this one handy to switch if I start to see a problem. I just rarely find the need to switch because I use a gamepad for FPS games. When I do switch, I just don't love the low profile (preference).

House of Marley EM-JA009-MI Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Chant BT Sport (Midnight)
Offered by AUDIOLAB - Since 1958
Price: $99.00
11 used & new from $84.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Portable Decent Speaker / Fits in Cup Holder, December 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little speaker is surprisingly versatile, and delivers pretty decent sound. It is reasonably better than smaller, cheaper Jam Plus Bluetooth speakers that I have, but doesn't sound a rich or loud as the non-portable Amazon Echo. It is slightly smaller than the Amazon Echo, and switching between the two next to each other is a noticeable difference (Echo is louder, richer, and surrounds you more). But on its own and compared to my other portable speakers, this is actually stereo and a bit deeper. Of course the best benefit is its size and portability. I actually throw it in my backpack and use it in my car (yes, fits in the cup-holder), to listen to streaming music instead of the radio because my car's radio doesn't have bluetooth. Sure, it isn't as surrounding as my actual car speakers, and you can definitely tell which direction the sound is coming from, but once oriented or set somewhere to the side, it does a decent job switching out for my non-Bluetooth car radio.

You can adjust the volume both on the speaker and on your phone, but note that (at least on my Samsung note) they are both independent, so to get full volume you have to crank up both on the phone and on the speaker itself. The buttons on the top (power, volume up/down, bluetooth reset) really cannot be seen or used in the dark or without looking at it because they roughly feel and look the same. So I find it a little difficult to adjust the volume while driving unless I adjust by my phone.

For its size and portability, I think you get decent, stereo sound. I much prefer it over my small Jam Plus speakers, and have actually used it. Although those are decent for light listening too :) .

Safety 1st OnBoard Plus Infant Car Seat, Plumberry
Safety 1st OnBoard Plus Infant Car Seat, Plumberry
Price: $126.99
15 used & new from $126.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install & Use, October 27, 2014
Length:: 8:05 Mins

It is easy to install & use. It was pretty quick to install any of 3 ways -- base with latch/ISOPOS, base with seat-belt, carrier-only with seat-belt. The handle feels comfortable, rubber grip, and can be easily moved and locked into 4 positions. It effortlessly releases and attaches back to the base with a single release handle. It has variable harness positions as the infant grows and a single pull strap to tighten down the harness. And the cover can be easily extended or pushed back. The extra cushion for the smaller infants can be removed as it grows. You can remove and hand-wash the cover and the insert. It seemed flexible, sturdy, and easy to use. We are happy with ours.

It was pretty quick to install any of 3 ways - (1) base with latch / ISOPOS system, (2) base with seat-belt, or (3) carrier-only with seat-belt. Plus it gives you instructions everywhere with pictures that were easy to follow. The instruction book itself was pretty good, and even has a spot on the carrier itself to store the book if you ever need it. Then without the book there are instruction stickers on the carrier itself and in two places on the base. So you or anyone should be able to install it into any situation. It only installs rear facing. Do consult your car's manual too so you know for sure how your seat-belts work and what it recommends for car seat installation, as well as the car seat's manual.

It is hard to think of something missing. It is only for infants up to 35lbs and 32" tall, so it is designed specifically for infants, so you'll need another car seat once they outgrow it. Color/style depends on your preference. The cushions are only hand-washable, but that is better than some that you can only wipe down, and I'm not sure any are machine washable.

SanDisk Extreme 64GB UHS-I/U3 SDXC Memory Card Up To 60MB/s Read-SDSDXN-064G-G46 [Older Version]
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $28.89
76 used & new from $24.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Brand, Fast, Plenty of Room for HD Video, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Reliable brand, fast, and plenty of room for HD video and pictures. I record a HD video in my Sony HD Camcorders and already have several SanDisk SDHC Extreme cards (a few 16GB and a 32GB) that I have been very happy with. High end device manuals will list the write rate (in MB/s) for different resolution choices. It should also identify a minimum SD card speed, often "Class 10" or "UHS-I" (both of which this more than supports), which guarantee minimums like 10 MB/s for "class 10". But you will notice your device may be attempting to write much faster than that for higher resolutions. The device is supposed to manage, but it could mean slower times between shots or dropped frames or resolution scaling depending on how it manages a slower card than its write rate. This card's 40MB/s write (which is "up to" not guaranteed rate) should mean it can handle your video or photos effortlessly. I have never had a problem with video quality or delays using SanDisk Extreme cards. The "Extreme" is actually not their top tier, which is the "Extreme Pro", but this should be great for most people. Just check your manual to know your write rates. I am very happy with mine.

It is an SDXC (XC = extreme capacity) which isn't necessarily compatible with everything that accepts SDHC (HC = high capacity), although it might work fine. Just beware if your older device doesn't mention SDXC support, it may not support the size. Although my camcorder's manual only listed SDHC, it recognized, formatted, and used this SDXC card just fine.

Size-wise, it is great for HD video. At my usual HD resolution, I could record 3.5 hours or so on 16GB, so I just had a few 16GB cards. But this 64GB card can record over 15 hours, which seems luxurious compared to using 16GB cards. Of course higher resolutions and newer devices (4K resolutions) will make this seem smaller like how my 16GB card feels today. But honestly, I'm happy with even the 16GB card, and they are so small you can carry extras with you. But with 64GB I can just forget about it.

Hitachi DS18DGL 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver (Lifetime Tool Warranty)
Price: Click here to see our price
18 used & new from $83.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Drill, September 29, 2014
Length:: 9:56 Mins

We love this drill. We just used it for a home improvement project over a few weekends and it really delivered (where another didn't). It comes with a nice hard case for easy storage, 2 batteries (which I strongly recommend for any drill), plenty of power for drilling wood & screws, a nice light, good settings, a trigger with gradual control, and overall great control. The light works surprisingly well, located at the base and angles up, instead of right at the bottom of the drill head (like some other) so it actually gives you more light without casting a shadow. Both my wife and I highly recommend this drill.

The only drawback is that it doesn't have a magnetic strip for holding screws (like my Ryobi) which is incredibly useful, but instead you get a useful light.

We loved our 8-year old Ryobi One+ (2005) whose batteries are about dead now. So I we got the light duty Black & Decker LDX120C as a backup drill. It never felt great in use, and really let us down, couldn't even keep drilling studs. Then we got this drill, and this one delivered. I still bought another Ryobi on sale to get new batteries, but haven't had to open the box yet. If this were my only drill, I would be very happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2015 5:39 AM PST

Ankuoo NEO Wi-Fi Smart Switch with Home Automation App for iPhone and Android Smartphones, Blue/White
Offered by Smarter Life
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Remote Control & Timer, But Failed My Android (nice support though), August 27, 2014
Length:: 9:46 Mins

It worked easily on my iPhone 5S, but failed to configure on my Android Galaxy Note 3 (which doesn't seem to be reported by anyone else). It is quite easy to configure. Once you download the NEO app by Ankuoo it will walk you through it as well. Once configured, it does what you expect. You can remotely turn it on and off, configure a countdown timer, scheduled timer, or security timer. My interest was in remote control on/off to turn on a light in a dark house when we arrive home after dark, and to easily configure a security timer more easily than the old style manual timers. It claims 15A 1800W support, which is about the max you would do on a normal home circuit.

The biggest drawback was that it failed to configure on my Android Galaxy Note 3. I contacted Ankuoo by email support and they were very friendly, responded the next day, and continued to follow up with me. They said they specifically tested with a Galaxy Note 3 too. I don't see other reports of configuration failures, so maybe this isn't a common issue. Just try it within the return policy period. Second, there was a minor bug that caused 3 instances of the same switch to appear in the app, but was easily fixed by completely closing the app and re-opening. Otherwise just make sure it matches your decor if it is going to be visible.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Competent Home System, Mostly Depends on Preference, August 14, 2014
Length:: 9:56 Mins

It is a decent home phone system with the standard set of features you expect in this price range, some advantages, and a few disadvantages. The buttons are the rubber squishy feel (which is a matter of opinion). It has rather good button placement (also a matter of opinion). I really like the mute button on the upper left next to my thumb to use without looking. Unique to this phone is volume up/down and audio boost on the sides that are easy to adjust while on a call. The battery lasts slightly over a week (when new). I like that these phones are thick enough to stand upright on their end, which is easy to grab. The audio sounds fine, standard for a digital phone, better than a cell phone. You can adjust audio with equalizer setting buried in menus, but not easily while on a call. The LCD screen is the standard black & white, nothing special, back-lit only by the orange glow. I like the large easy buttons on the answering system.

Drawbacks: (1) The answering system has an extra light that shines when the handset rests in it, not so great in a bedroom at night. I just put a picture frame in front. (2) There is no headset mini-jack port which once used to be common among cordless phones but has disappeared on most. No Bluetooth headset support either. (3) You cannot listen to messages from the handsets, unlike some systems. (4) A light blue energy star logo on the front of the answering system stands out from the black look. Rest is preference.

The K70 series offers models that come with varied numbers of handsets as identified in the last digit - K701, K702, K703, & K704 which come with 1, 2, 3, & 4 handsets respectively. This is the K702 that has 2 handsets. I haven't found a truly excellent cordless home phone system in 8 years or more, probably due to impact of smart phones. It doesn't have everything, but it has enough, a few things I like more, and little I will miss. It replaced my AT&T CL82 series whose batteries were dying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20