Profile for L. Campbell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Campbell RSS Feed

Uncle Vernon's Lie
Uncle Vernon's Lie
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming and exceptional story, April 4, 2012
"That's why you're a child, so you can see and touch and know the magic and miracles. If you don't, what's the point of being a child? You might as well grow up."

Do you remember what it's like to feel honest childlike wonder? This beautiful story will remind you. There's more magic and emotion in this short story than in most full-length novels. When a book is only a dollar, it's your time, not your money, that's the potential sacrifice. Your time will be well spent with this one. The feelings of awe and amazement I experienced reading this were priceless. Beautiful writing, smart-yet-subtle humor, yearning characters, bittersweet relationships, and a great appreciation of life are all packed into this one short story. I read most of it aloud to my almost 3-year-old and even she was spellbound.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can wear my heels again, May 9, 2010
These are great for the shoes that are a little too big or rub uncomfortably. The cushioning is thick and the adhesive works great. So far, I haven't had any problems with the pads staying in place. I like how they come in different colors so they can be nearly invisible in the right color of shoe.

The only thing I don't love about these is the flower shape of the Tip Toes. I guess it's meant to look cute, but it can feel a little awkward under the ball of the foot. I would like it better if it fit the natural shape of a foot instead. However, it wouldn't stop me from buying these again. The Heavenly Heelz are just right. Of course, they are a little expensive, but I couldn't find anything else online that seemed as good.

Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds
Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds
Offered by hypnobabies
Price: $159.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Hypnobabies is good, but not perfect, December 27, 2009
I bought this course because I really wanted an unmedicated labor and I needed reassurance and confidence that I could get through it since it was my first child. This course really helped me to feel confident enough to get through the whole thing without any fear whatsoever, but I had no interest in using the Hypnobabies techniques during my labor because it was much easier for me to relax when I didn't listen to anything or anyone.

For confidence, Hypnobabies is great. However, I don't want women to think that the only way they can get the labor they want is with Hypnobabies. In reality, I didn't need to buy this kit in order to avoid an epidural. I don't think it really made my drug-free labor possible, but it may have helped. I followed the course faithfully and practiced regularly, but my labor was not pain-free. Hypnobabies never attempts to tell you that back labor with a posterior baby is pain-free. Instead, it tells you techniques to get the baby turned around. Unfortunately, none of those techniques got my baby turned, even with a doula helping. I don't blame Hypnobabies for this. My baby was just too low to be turned. I can honestly say I felt no pain at all in my belly for the entire 8 hours of my labor, but I felt such strong pressure on my back that the only thing that helped was counterpressure. Luckily I had a good husband and doula to push on my back and knees for 5 hours straight.

My biggest complaint about Hypnobabies is the way the handbook is written. It's extremely unprofessional and I had a hard time taking it seriously. Everything is underlined, asterisked, capitalized, bolded, and exclamation-marked. I almost wished I could write them a letter asking if I could rewrite it for them. It also had a lot of filler that you can find in just about any book on labor. After I had my baby, I took the important parts and wrote it up for future reference, which ended up being about 2 pages long.

So, buy this if you need confidence and reassurance, but don't expect a professionally made course on hypnosis. Also, don't worry about the price because Hypnobabies will buy the course back from you for $75-$85, even if you buy it through Amazon.

UPDATE: Hypnobabies no longer buys it back, but the resale value is still high through other sources.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2013 6:32 AM PDT

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've used so far, December 27, 2009
I've tried about 6 different nursing bras since I had my baby and this is by far my favorite. It's VERY comfortable. It's great for pregnancy and nursing. I can wear it at night with no problems whatsoever. I actually like the removable cups because I can take them out at night. I haven't had the problem of the pads showing through my shirts that other reviewers mentioned. It's supportive enough, even without underwire, to give an attractive shape. The clips are easy to use. If I have any complaints, it would be that the straps that are supposed to go from the clips to the bottom of the bra don't stay in place very well. They're a little too loose for me. My only other complaint is that in fitted shirts, the sides and back form a bump that looks kind of funny. I still give it a 5 star rating, however, because it's the best nursing bra I've found yet.

For those comparing the Bravado original bra to this one, choose this one! I bought one of each in the first place, but I hated the way the original has a huge seam that goes down each breast right in front. It showed through every shirt I tried it on with, so I returned it. It also wasn't as comfortable or flattering.

Size: I wear between a 32C-34DD while nursing and a medium has fit well the entire time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, December 27, 2009
After a friend recommended this bra to me, I was excited about trying it out. I was hoping for a nursing bra that would actually lift more than others I've used. While it was supportive, it made me really sore after only a few hours of wearing it. The sides really dug into my ribs unless I wore it on the loosest clip. Then, however, it didn't fit right and gave me an unnaturally pointy look. In fact, even when worn on the tightest clip, the shape of this bra is awkward. Maybe I have high expectations because I've always worn well-fitting bras and was hoping this would be more like the ones I wore before nursing (usually Victoria's Secret). My other complaint is that it's hard to expose the nipple enough to comfortably feed a baby. I was afraid I'd rip the bra when I pulled the flap down.

So, to sum it up:
Pros: supportive, affordable, durable (but then again, I haven't used it enough to wear it out)
Cons: uncomfortable, strange shape, hard to breastfeed in

So far, after 7 months of nursing, my favorite bra has been the Bravado Body Silk Seamless.

SOLO Classic Collection Expandable Attache, Hard-Sided with Combination Locks, Black (K85-4)
Price: $21.99
28 used & new from $19.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak Handle, January 3, 2009
After only a few months of use, the handle to this briefcase broke completely off and is not able to be repaired. The faux leather has begun to peel away around the seams. I don't recommend this briefcase, even for the price, as you'll soon be buying something else anyway.