Profile for C. A. Bridges > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. A. Bridges "Don't Waste Your Life" RSS Feed (Moses Lake, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle
Price: $12.66
55 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandson loved it., January 15, 2013
I bought this for my 2-1/2 year old grandson. The box with three sections helps him store and sort pieces for the puzzle. He liked putting in the pieces and imagining a story as he put them in, using happy faces, sad faces, surprised faces, as well as imagining where the bears were going as he put their different outfits on. This toy was a winner.

Dominion: Prosperity
Dominion: Prosperity
Price: $30.24
48 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My grown kids love this game., January 15, 2013
This review is from: Dominion: Prosperity (Toy)
Every holiday, our grown children bring their games and play until the wee hours of the morning. This game has been a favorite.

K'NEX 521 Piece Building Set
K'NEX 521 Piece Building Set
Price: $19.71
28 used & new from $19.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, January 15, 2013
This review is from: K'NEX 521 Piece Building Set (Toy)
I bought this tub of KNex for my 6 year old grandson, at his mother's request. Just as she thought, he loved them, and spends hours building, thinking, planning. I am a real fan of toys that help build imagination and perseverance.

Easy-to-Make Pop-Ups (Dover Origami Papercraft)
Easy-to-Make Pop-Ups (Dover Origami Papercraft)
by Joan Irvine
Price: $8.95
78 used & new from $1.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Repurchase, January 15, 2013
I used this book for my kids when they were homeschooling. I must have loaned it out, and decided to purchase it again. Easy pop-ups to make along with a few more advanced. These develop imagination and entertain for hours.

Church Mice in Action
Church Mice in Action
by Graham Oakley
32 used & new from $9.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time around, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Church Mice in Action (Hardcover)
We bought Graham Oakley books for our children, and now they are requesting them for their own children. The stories are entertaining, the illustrations are wonderful, and the books will delight kids from about 6 or 7 and up.

The Church Mice Adrift
The Church Mice Adrift
by Graham Oakley
15 used & new from $17.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Generation, January 15, 2013
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Hardcover)
I bought these books for my children, and now they are requesting them for their children. Great author, fabulous illustrations and hilarious stories.

Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
by Beth Moore
492 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight talk is good talk., May 12, 2007
Beth Moore has been there, with good reason, and is talking from the other side now. This book is written simply, and to the point. If you are serious about escaping a pit of despair, this is a good place to start.

What the Light Was Like: Poems
What the Light Was Like: Poems
by Luci Shaw
Price: $11.40
25 used & new from $5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars You will have to think. This isn't high school poetry., May 12, 2007
Luci Shaw is a word person. This is human emotion, theology, reality, all wrapped in one package, written by a masterful writer.

Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale
Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale
by Ian Morgan Cron
70 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiction with a message, May 12, 2007
I liked this book. The characters were believable, the story had a message, and it was relevant and throught provoking. I am not a Catholic, but I think it is good for non-Catholics to set aside biases and look into the lives and faith of sincere Catholic believers. This is fiction, of course, and can't be taken as a theology book of the Church, but I think Catholics would be comfortable with it. I had a little trouble believing in the compatibility of the couple in the end. The book ended with no promise they would have a future together, but the suggestion was there.

Shelcore - Jack-In-The-Box
Shelcore - Jack-In-The-Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute to look at, but junkie in person, May 12, 2007
This review is from: Shelcore - Jack-In-The-Box (Toy)
I purchased this item remembering cool jack-in-the-boxes I have known and loved when my children were little. However, this one is not well built, and would not last through much handling. I suggest anyone looking for a gift for a child spend a bit more and get a better product. I sent it back.

Page: 1 | 2