Profile for J. Vonzastrow > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Vonzastrow "jvzastrow" RSS Feed (Salem, OR USA)

Nine West Women's Bassanio Boot,Black/Black Leather,7.5 M US
Nine West Women's Bassanio Boot,Black/Black Leather,7.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!, January 18, 2013
This is the third pair of Nine West boots I bought this season, and they are consistently comfortable and stylish. I also feel they are well made, and will hold up over multiple seasons, and will continue looking good.

Nine West Women's Thora Riding Boot,Taupe Leather,7.5 M US
Nine West Women's Thora Riding Boot,Taupe Leather,7.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em!, November 9, 2012
Very comfortable. Just a heads up - the taupe is a lot darker than the picture, which is actually fine by me. It's more a medium brown. But the detailing is super cute!

Fleeing Fundamentalism: A Minister's Wife Examines Faith
Fleeing Fundamentalism: A Minister's Wife Examines Faith
by Carlene Cross
122 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting a little more....., November 1, 2006
I agree with the other reviewers that this was a brave memoir of a difficult time. However, it does leave me with lots of questions, and I would love to hear more from her. She glosses over her single parenthood and completing college, when I'll bet she had some really interesting challenges. I would be curious to know more about her ex-husband's path to recovery (or not), and perhaps deeper insight into why he behaved the way he did. Some of the stories hinted at deeper aberrations or desires on his part than just being a sex addict. Also, I would be curious about her recovery from his sexual issues - how did that affect HER life and sexuality? How did Susan ultimately deal with the revelations about her husband? Perhaps that is beyond the scope of this memoir, and maybe I'm just being nosy, but I think answering these questions would fill out the picture a little better - she is obviously a very sensitive and intelligent woman, and I want her to spill what she's thinking! I think she was actually pretty circumspect regarding the church, given the horrors she must have been through. Kudos to Carlene Cross for standing up for herself!!!

A Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies (Baker's FG)
A Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies (Baker's FG)
by Dede Wilson
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $14.36
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, December 13, 2005
I was pleased with clear recipes, and that they were laid out so you could lay the book flat and see all the ingredients and directions at once. And the results were delish, too!!!

The Seduction of Water (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
The Seduction of Water (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
by Carol Goodman
Price: $11.31
292 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A satisfying read!, August 15, 2004
I found this to be a nice, well rounded novel. Some "thrillers" are so plot driven that the characters seem little more than puppets, but here, characters were well developed, even the minor ones. And there were interesting subplots, which enhanced the story, rather than distracting from it. Okay, the foreshadowing was a mite heavy handed, but so what?

The reviews to date suggest that Lake of Dead Languages is better - if so, I'm looking forward to it!

Healing With the Fairies: Messages, Manifestations, and Love from the World of the Fairies (How Nature's Angels Can Help You in Every Area of Your Life)
by Doreen Virtue
Price: $9.97
226 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars More fairies, less Doreen!, May 1, 2001
I bought this hoping to supplement my deck of Healing with The Fairies Oracle cards, which I really like. I had hoped to get more insight into the basis for the cards, what they were about, why they said what they said. This book did include information on contacting fairies, and where to find them, but I felt that the majority of the book was devoted to Doreen's quest for a fulfilling relationship! Her story was interesting and inspirational, but I don't think the amount of time spent on it was appropriate, given the title of the book.
That said, this was by no means a bad book, and I did learn a thing or two. Mostly to warn the fairies when you are going to mow the lawn!