Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for andrew odom > Reviews

Browse

andrew odom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

andrew odom RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Living Large in Our Little House: Thriving in 480 Square Feet with Six Dogs, a Husband, and One Remote--Plus More Stories of How You Can Too
by Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell
Price: $17.48
54 used & new from $12.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Living Large is an excellent freshman offering by Kerri Fivecoat Campbell, June 7, 2016
Living Large is an excellent freshman offering by Kerri Fivecoat Campbell. Part personal memoir, part instructional, and part case study, it does well at deconstructing the tiny life without observing stereotypical pretenses. The writing is very easy to follow and has a strong narrative. This is another great book to have in ones tiny house collection.

Tiny House Parking: How to Find Safe, Practical, and Affordable Land for Your Tiny House
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Ain't Your Momma's How-To Guide, September 14, 2015
There may be nothing worse to me than a book written and marketed as a How-To Guide when all it really is is a thinly veiled Op-Ed. Not the case at all with Ethan Waldman's latest book 'Tiny House Parking.' An established tiny house voice - having built one and currently living in one - Waldman is a formidable writer who mixes personal testimony with case study without foregoing basic and charming narrative. This is a great guide for anyone looking at the obstacles and success of parking a tiny house in a varying number of scenarios.

Microshelters: 59 Creative Cabins, Tiny Houses, Tree Houses, and Other Small Structures
by Derek Diedricksen
Price: $12.26
93 used & new from $8.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner From The King of Unorthodox Building, September 4, 2015
I have been a fan of Diedricksen's quirky yet functional designs since before his Humble Homes book. Having become familiar with his style through his blog I must say this book does not disappoint. Through the years his designs have become more sophisticated and stylish without losing the whimsy and environmental responsibility he preaches. I am more than happy to add this book - complete with his personal sketches, some more complex design illustrations, floor plans, and detailed photography - to my growing "unconventional housing and construction" library.

120 Ideas for Tiny Living
120 Ideas for Tiny Living
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This book should be your 121st, October 28, 2013
Full Disclosure: I know the author through tiny house affiliations

The tiny house community is rapidly becoming saturated with How To manuals and light reviews of plans and blueprints. There are very few thought that convey the amount of thought, planning, introspection, and reflection that goes into a tiny house lifestyle. LaVoie's book gives a nod to 120 of those thoughts, plans, insights, and reflections. While no one subject is labored or written about in great detail (except maybe their solar system which is detailed and product specific) the book seems to leave no stone unturned. From chapter intros that sound like James Taylor lyrics with their homage to Carolina life to the thoughts about tiny house families, cleaning a litter box in less than 200 sq.ft., and celebrating life through holidays free of televisions, computers, and distractions, 120 Ideas is an affordable and easy read that will present ideas for a fulfilled tiny house life while sparking your mind to come up with the next hundred.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Confessions Of A Prepper: How To Plan And Protect Your Family And Friends During Any Disaster
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Add to your library, May 21, 2013
While this book was not ground breaking nor really in depth on any one topic it was informative and created some nice guidelines for the intro prepper.

Simple Natural Health
Simple Natural Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid eBook, May 21, 2013
I have enjoyed Nelson's blog posts for some time now so I was very excited to find out she authored a book recently. A fan of her authentic way of living, I found the book to be full of useful information without all the tree-hugging, holier-than-thou, hoopla that can come with such books. It is really just a down-to-earth and practical guide to increasing your health without increasing your visits to the doctor or pharmacy!

Coming Home: Letters from a Tiny House
Coming Home: Letters from a Tiny House
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Anxious for more, March 31, 2013
Let me first be frank and say that I gave this book 4-stars ONLY because I think that we still haven't heard the best from Hari and her families experience yet! This particular read is a 5-star indeed but I have a very distinct feeling that she has only scratched the surface.

Perhaps Hari herself says it best. "I see perfection in imperfection; with all its messy struggles, life is a glorious occassion." In Coming Home we are treated to a perfect look at an imperfect existence which is full of the ups and downs, struggles and victories, laughter and tears that make up life itself. Truthful writing at its best.

There is inspiration, challenge, reflection, and refreshing honesty in each page. I strongly encourage all tiny house enthusiasts, small house families, dreamers, believers, and...well, all others, to give Hari's book a read. You won't be sorry!

Heros Aktiv Duck Pull Toy Emmy
Heros Aktiv Duck Pull Toy Emmy

4.0 out of 5 stars Aktiv Duck Worth Its Weight In Quacks, October 17, 2012
We had been looking for a more traditional, "no batteries needed," Duck toy for our one-year old daughter. Having recently become mobile she needed something smallish, relatively light weight, but fun. The Heros Aktiv Duck is just that. It makes a clicking sound when pulled so it is neither obnoxious or prone to failure. She loves the paint colors and the size. GREAT gift and the shipping was extremely fast.

You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap): How One Woman Radically Simplified Her Life and How You Can Too
by Tammy Strobel
Price: $12.70
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest "life story" without being self indulgent, September 10, 2012
All too often I pick up a book to read that is about ones personal story. I love auto-biographies. I enjoy the ability to walk a mile or two in someone else's shoes. But what I find more often than not is that the story moves to fiction from non- in short order. It turns out to be a study in self-indulgence rather than authenticity. Not so with Tammy Strobel's full length You Can Buy Happiness....

What struck me most about the easy read is that she kept the idea of living simply....well, simple. Written with twice as many "micro-actions" as philosophical reasonings, the story shows the honesty that comes with simplifying ones own life. Sure, I think I cringed a bit when thinking of the excess I have lived with throughout my life (at one time I owned 54 pair of Air Jordan sneakers that I actually put seran wrap on so as not to collect dust even when still in the boxes) but the read was cathartic. At its basic level it help me take even closer note of what made me happy, how much time I was giving to relationships in my life, and what role money has come to play in my life.

All in all the book is more than approachable. It is necessary to read. it is a collection of great stories, great interviews, challenges, and life rewards!

Humble Homes, Simple Shacks, Cozy Cottages, Ramshackle Retreats, Funky Forts: And Whatever The Heck Else We Could Squeeze In Here
by Derek Diedricksen
Price: $13.73
70 used & new from $8.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that doesn't take itself too seriously, January 23, 2012
I doubt in 50 years this book will be the anthology of tiny house building or anything of the sort. What I do think it will do though is spark a great deal of imagination and ingenuity towards sustainable living habits, micro-shelters, and tiny houses alike.

Diedricksen went to obvious great pains to think outside of the box all the while encouraging readers to challenge their own notions of how much space one actually needs to live. His sketches are great quality, they are colorful (even in black and white!!!!), and they are instructional. This book is NOT a How-To guide with every precise measurement annotated and documented. It is not meant to be though. It is meant to be a light read on a subject that often takes itself too seriously.

I fully recommend this book to anyone looking to see just what can be done, what has been done, and where there is still more work to be done in the micro-shelter arena!

Page: 1 | 2