ARRAY(0x9e7c939c)

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D.T.R. "Tech Head" RSS Feed (Hugo, MN, US)

Page: 1 | 2
The Elder Scrolls Online - PC
The Elder Scrolls Online - PC
Offered by extendedplay77
Price: $45.99
40 used & new from $40.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Best MMO I've played in a long while., April 6, 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game at launch has a few issues, but in 40 hours of play I've run into 3 bugs. One time I had to log out and back in to get quest objectives to show. 1 time I fell through the world when I triple clicked in a waypoint while jumping like a goon. And the first dungeon will not allow me to complete a quest (although the dungeon is finish able)

The game has a deep character skill tree, tons of stuff to find and a fun crafting system.

The combat is fun, much like WOW only the enemies and you can perform nearly any skill while moving. Damage cones show on the ground, various skills to watch for and have fun with.

Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition - Xbox One
Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition - Xbox One
Offered by King Beardo
Price: $69.99
27 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, love it., December 2, 2013
I will admit, much like several other reviews, that the game play might seem repetitive. However, when you really look at what you can do as you get into some deeper combo's and ending moves, it's really no different than any other game out there. My one complaint in regards to the game play might be the AI in the early levels. I am just into Chapter 3, and I have now encountered at least 2 enemies that are more of a challenge, my hope is that they increase in their ability to dodge and counter for more intense sword play, but given this game is based on real world sword play, there is only so much one can do with it... because there is only so much there IS to it, in real life or a game striving for realistic Roman warfare. I have found mixing projectiles into your combos is quite satisfying as well, and really mixes things up.
So far I've been impressed, and it's the first game in a long while I got addicted to in a sitting and couldn't put down for hours. (And I'm not one with a lot of time on my hands)

PlayStation 4 Knack Launch Day Bundle
PlayStation 4 Knack Launch Day Bundle
19 used & new from $422.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Great system, needs some patching, November 26, 2013
One of the best purchases I've made all year. This is a great system. One small flaw, when you are background downloading, games sometimes (Skylanders, Knack) will stutter in their audio. Hopefully a system patch fixes that. Xbox One is more refined in function and menus. Playstation Eye is terrible compared to the Kinect 2.0. I only compare (And I have both) because if you were shopping for a media/game system, I'd go Xbox One right now. PS4 has some patching to do catch up to Microsoft's OS on the Xbox One. The PS4 does have faster memory though which allows cross platform games to look a little better.
Not sure how this became a comparison review, but I've been playing with both in the last week, and Xbox One takes up most of my time right now, and what I use for media (Movies, Netflix, Amazon video, etc...)

This is still a great system though, and I'm happy to have it.

Ballistic SG1227-A065 Shell Gel for LG G2 - Retail Packaging - Black/Black
Ballistic SG1227-A065 Shell Gel for LG G2 - Retail Packaging - Black/Black
Price: $21.12
11 used & new from $15.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case to protect the phone, November 26, 2013
Great Case, however the edges can be a little high at the very edge. So things like grabbing that little tab on google Maps can be difficult at best.

The Little Mermaid (Three-Disc Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy + Music)
DVD ~ Jodi Benson
Price: $34.04
63 used & new from $18.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Great attempt at a 2D to 3D translation, November 26, 2013
Some 3D is iffy, but the movie was remastered very well and is still one of the greats. If they could fix a few 3D issues it would be 5 stars

RealD Kids Children's 3D glasses 4 Pack for Passive 3D TV's from Vizio, Toshiba, LG, Philips and JVC - 4 Pairs
Offered by World of Movies
Price: $3.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 26, 2013
Great price and a pack of 4, we all know how kids can be with this sort of thing. Fits my sons 4 year old head perfectly

DISNEY INFINITY Starter Pack Wii U
DISNEY INFINITY Starter Pack Wii U
Offered by James O'Neill USA LLC
Price: $62.59
42 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, wish it ran a bit better, August 28, 2013
I love the game, and most of the comments in other reviews here are true and accurate as to the gameplay. The only thing I would add, is I wish the game ran a little better. On the Wii U, there are lag bursts during texture and object loading now and then, which I find a little annoying. Once a level is loaded and in memory, its fine, but the start of many levels have little load lags.
Wii U needs an install game to Hard drive option (I have a TB drive attached)

DISNEY INFINITY Power Disc Pack
DISNEY INFINITY Power Disc Pack
Price: $4.99
37 used & new from $0.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Free item for pre-order = good review, August 28, 2013
There are only 20 of these disc's for series 1, 21 with the Toys R Us Exclusive, so it's not hard to get them all. But they are NOT required at all. Which means they are just an optional unlock key for game content. These days, it's pretty much the norm to recoup development costs with micro transactions, so I'm not surprised or offended by this product like some are.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Nintendo Wii U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Nintendo Wii U
Offered by game-ware
Price: $23.00
44 used & new from $20.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not for me, August 28, 2013
I was looking forward to this game, but after playing many MMO's on the PC, this game feels like a stripped down MMO. For a console user, it's probably a good game. (PS3 DOES now have FFIX and DC) but I couldn't get into it. It starts off right away just being boring, with far too little direction or story to suck you in.

If this is what "monster hunter" is all about, I guess I'm not even close to a fan. The UI is clunky, and were you would think an animation would play to skin a kill or something, you get a pop up window and some text telling you what just happened. To me, it just feels like a 10 year old game, with a new coat of paint.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (25 ft) - CL3 Rated - supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version]
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $29.99
7 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Long and works as advertised, August 28, 2013
Not much else to say about it, it works with 3D, no picture issues, packaged very well.
I would buy this cable again if I ever needed one.

Page: 1 | 2