Profile for TeddyStardust > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TeddyStardust "Teddy" RSS Feed (Washingtn, DC)

500 Vegan Recipes: An Amazing Variety of Delicious Recipes, From Chilis and Casseroles to Crumbles, Crisps, and Cookies (500 Cooking (Sellers))
by Celine Steen
Price: $18.07
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, November 27, 2009
This book is worth buying for the soup and bread recipes alone. I'm a novice bread baker, and I still managed to impress with the blooming onion rolls, parsley pesto rolls, dijon thyme bread, mole bread and pull-apart cinnamon rolls. The chilis and the bisques are really hearty, easy and delicious. I have loved every soup that I have made, including the chicken noodle, black bean, sweet potato/pepper/corn bisque, potato leek, carrot and split pea (my favorite split pea soup ever).

I initially doubted the pairing of tahini with chocolate, but the chocolate tahini quick bread is absolutely fantastic. The roasted lima beans are now a staple, as is the curried cauliflower puree. I also loved the chimichangas, tofu fries, stuffed tomatoes, couscous bake, mushroom pate, skillet cornbread, saag baag and kahlua.

This book is well worth it, providing a variety of recipes ranging from simple breakfasts to meals better suited to entertaining. I whole-heartedly recommend buying this one!