Profile for J. Willard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Willard RSS Feed (Louisiana)

Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and For All!
Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and For All!
by Josephine Ellershaw
Edition: Cards
Price: $13.30
73 used & new from $7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Off to a Great Start, September 23, 2009
This set of cards and book was the first for me. The cards resonated with me deeply. I now have several decks of different types and this is the one I keep coming back to. I find the graphics visually appealing. But unlike some of the other reviewers, I find the graphics helpful for interpretations and meanings. I find little reminders that jog my memory or give me a little tingle of intuition that gives me more accurate readings. Of course, this is highly individual and what works for one person may or may not work for another. No doubt about it. I also firmly believe picking out a deck, especially a first deck, should be a hands on approach. Ihad in my mind to purchase a Rider-Waite tarot deck as my first one. There were dozens of decks including the RW decks, but this one just kept drawing me back and that decided my first purchase. Simply could not put it down. I find I connect better and can do a much more thorough reading with this particular deck.

The book I found to be a great start to tarot. Another reviewer mentioned the reverse for cards were not mentioned and that the descriptions were at times too brief. This is a beginner's book. Reverses can be intimidating and confusing. The author clearly states that she does not use reverses herself and has better results that way. I definitely believe when someone is comfortable with the meanings and is able to read for themselves, incorporating reverses may be something to add to their repetoire.

This has been a perfect beginning for me. A great foundation to build upon.